Feral's Adventures In Homemade DWC - 2015 - 400W HPS

I just realised i didnt update yesterday lol. Checked the PH on all 3 girls and its dropping as expected but not as quick as i was hoping, yesterdays mix was PH'd at 6.2, Atomic + MM were down to 6.1 and GWS still sitting on 6.2. Another thing i noticed is the volume of nutes, damn they have drank a lot overnight. Atomic needed 3L, MM needed 2L and GWS needed 1L added to their reservoirs, i took this as a chance to PH the water down to 5.7 to try drop the overall PH to the res. Atomic and MM are both PH 5.9 and GWS is now PH 6.1.

Subbed. Will be following along closely since I'm going to use a 400w hps soon.

Welcome along for the journey Mello, there are plenty of good spots left to get comfy :welcome:

Your plants look fantastic!

Thankyou very much, they are really stunning if i do say so myself hehe

Time for last nights updates, i promise i wont get too stoned tonight and actually get them up on time lmao.

Opening the tent, conditions were perfect, temps around 24-25c, sitting just above 50% humidity. PH was sitting around 6.0 for all 3 girls and all had drank about 1L from their reservoirs. I did not add anything or adjust any PH as they were thriving and better to leave them to their own devices lol, the tallest tops now reach 17 inches from the top of the bucket, averaging around an inch of new growth/stretch per day. The fans were starting to become ineffective and were taking up too much room at the front so everything was moved around to the back to allow more room for growth. Photos were taken after everything was done and right before their Liquid Light Foliar spray.

9f5d3c78a1734ce5b553647a27be6129.png

VI4QFcU.jpg

I have not been in the tent since, which was around 16 hours ago but will be in there within a few hours to grab some more updates.
Hope you all are having an awesome day :Namaste:

OK, tonights updates are in. I noticed a major split in the stem of Atomic which must have happened quite a while ago as it was already healed lol (Great observation Feral :rollingeyes: ), I still decided to tape it up to prevent it getting any worse but it has definitely not affected the growth at all, just explains why this plant spread out a lot more than the others. Temps in the tent today are around 25-26c and humidity just above 50% again. Photos were taken before anything was done in the tent, at this point i took measurements, Money maker is the tallest at 18", followed by Atomic at 17" and GWS at 15" above their bucket lids. They are quickly taking over the tent and i love it hehe, i moved around the buckets and turned the lids etc to get the shorter growth into the best lightspace to try and bring the canopy back even as possible.

Atomic Bomb:
PH: 6.0 EC: 1.9
3L of water was added today and then lowered the PH of the res as i wasnt happy with the rate of drop
PH: 5.8 EC: 1.6

Money Maker:
PH: 6.0 EC: 1.9
2L of water was added today and then lowered the PH of the res as i wasnt happy with the rate of drop
PH: 5.8 EC: 1.6

Great White Shark:
PH: 6.1 EC: 2.1
1L of water was added today and then lowered the PH of the res as i wasnt happy with the rate of drop
PH: 5.8 EC: 2.0

After everything was settled it was then a straight water foliar mist.

Onto photos, one thing i keep meaning to bring up is the node spacings on these girls, they are super tight for a plant that is going through major stretch, I would like to think thats the ROCK SuperGrowth doing its thing as all plants/diff strains show the same signs.

ZZ8nmPc.jpg

HLvAANi.jpg

Damn thats a nice looking green :yummy:

and here i am again at 3am lol, time for bed guys :Namaste:

Hello everyone, time for todays updates. Forcast: Sunny until furthur notice, temps of 24-25c with humidity sitting at around 54%.

As expected they are all around an inch taller today with the tallest being 19", Really happy with the growth rate on these girls at the moment, so many hairs over them but my camera has issues picking them up lol i did try. This pic sorta shows some if you look close, also check out the node spacing ;)

y4q74mY.jpg

Time for the res checks,
Atomic: PH 5.7 EC 1.6 and is steady drinking 1.5L each 24 hour period
Money Maker: PH 5.8 EC 1.7 and is steady drinking 1L each 24 hour period
Great White: PH 5.7 EC 1.9 and is steady drinking 0.5L each 24 hour period

Pics today were taken before the plants were touched in any way, after pics the girls were turned again to move the lower growth into more direct light and then followed by a Liquid Light Foliar to all.

ODoNDTL.jpg

YnAlFjr.jpg

Hope you are all enjoying this grow as much as i am, have a great day :Namaste:

Hello everyone, time for todays updates. Forcast: Sunny until furthur notice, temps of 24-25c with humidity sitting at around 54%.

As expected they are all around an inch taller today with the tallest being 19", Really happy with the growth rate on these girls at the moment, so many hairs over them but my camera has issues picking them up lol i did try. This pic sorta shows some if you look close, also check out the node spacing ;)

y4q74mY.jpg

Hope you are all enjoying this grow as much as i am, have a great day :Namaste:

Nice looking nodes indeed :)

How many hours of light each day?

Nice looking nodes indeed :)

How many hours of light each day?
Thanks Rad ;)

I am running a pretty standard light schedule, 18/6 in veg and 12/12 in flower. With the light distance i chose to go coverage over how close i could get it, at the moment the reflector sits around 16" from the canopy.

Todays updates are in, Temps in the tent are 26-27c, was pretty warm outside today and i expected warmer in the tent but stayed reasonably cool, Humidity up around 59% today. Money Maker has shown some pretty significant stretch over the past few hours, was sitting around 20" at 10pm and now at 2am she is a whole inch taller at 21". Atomic seems to have slowed at 18" but the lower growth is starting to catch up and did need quite a big top up to her res today, she is also the one with the most prominent flowers and is starting to burst out with hairs all over. GWS is still trailing behind but she was a much smaller plant to begin with and im not expecting big yields in any way with her, will be mainly testing the strain etc, she is starting to look pretty decent now though. I tried my best to grab some pictures of Atomics flowers for you all, found out my camera takes awesome pictures of leaves but doesnt like flowers hahaha however you can still see the forming flowers in the pic ;)

zvMJCJ3.jpg

Other than that one out of 20 pics that was not blurry, i only took one pic from the top today when the tent was first opened.

4QbrcKH.jpg

They have been very thirsty girls over night, Atomic was down 3.5L in her reservoir today, thats half a litre more than usual. Money Maker was also an extra half a litre up from normal needing a total of 2.5L. With all these additions of water i was thinking about adding a weak nute mix this time but decided against it again as they are due for a res change monday anyways. The added water was set to PH 5.5. GWS was not touched or anything added as she was only down 1L, this was half a litre today and half a litre yesterday.
So again i will show readings from before (10pm) and after (2am) the water was added. Water was added to the res and then left for 4 hours to let the solution combine and mix.

Atomic Bomb:
Before: PH 5.9 EC 1.7
Added 3.5L of water to her res
After: PH 5.7 EC 1.4

Money Maker:
Before: PH 5.8 EC 1.7
Added 2.5L of water to her res
After: PH 5.7 EC 1.4

Great White Shark:
PH 5.8 EC 2.0
Nothing added today.

Hope everyone has a great day :Namaste:

Just realised i forgot to press post on this last night lmao, sorry guys ;)

Time for some on time updates lol, tonight when walking into the tent it was a little warmer than usual but only by a couple of degrees sitting around 28c but it was very warm outside today. First thing i noticed is Atomic seemed to have caught up some, yet after measurements she was still 2" shorter, however, both Atomic and MM have grown 2" each overnight with Atomic now at 20" tall and MM at 22", GWS is still falling right behind at 16" but she is still going strong and lower branches are doing most of their stretch.

I am still seeing strange leaves popping up here and there on GWS, to begin with i thought it may have the old nutes i was using and the crap soil she started her life in as this has been like this since a seedling, i then saw another newer leaf grow the exact same about 3 weeks ago and thought maybe i splashed her with ph up/down etc when checking the res one day, since then i have been very careful in that respect and now seeing another leaf growing the same way. I know she has no deficiencies and is very healthy apart from the odd leaf here and there makes me think it may be in the actual genetics of that particular seed (kind of like having a runt of the litter lol), Im defo not worried about it and in the end will be all smokeable product.
I got an overhead shot of her and you can kinda see it in this leaf, i will get a proper photo of her tomorrow and show the lower growth that did the exact same thing.

Fmpv6WO.png

Photos below are as soon as the tent was opened.

M9LlMo8.jpg

sVIkJYy.jpg

Atomic Bomb:
PH: EC: down 2L from yesterday

Money Maker:
PH: EC: down 2L from yesterday

Great White Shark:
PH: EC: Down another 500ml today

Nothing was added or changed to the reservoirs today as their changeout will be happening tomorrow. I will update with the details tomorrow, hope you have all had a great day :Namaste:

sorry guys, left my PH's out :(

Atomic Bomb:
PH: 5.7 EC: 1.4

Money Maker:
PH: 5.7 EC: 1.5

Great White Shark:
PH: 5.7 EC: 1.9

All of the above is irrelevant now anyways as i have just changed out the nutes in the reservoirs today, this is not my usual updates, they will come later tonight at the usual time :)
One thing i will list here is the level of the reservoirs, Atomic was down 3L, MM down 2.5L and GWS down 2L. Both Atomic and MM at this rate would have been down 3.5-4L by the time of my usual updates tonight, very thirsty girls.

While i had the chance i took a pic of GWS, all up i counted 4 leaves in total with this defect. Very strange as the rest of the plant, even the rest of the leaf that is not misformed are really healthy.

6ktU6Ht.jpg

As i said im not worried at all about it just find it weird lol, just the type of plant i wont waste my time cloning, reverting to veg or attempting to make seeds with, grow her out and enjoy her fruits ;)

Onto the res changes, they are all mixed at the same strength, contain 14L of water, all PH'd to 5.8 with an EC of 2.0. I will list them in the order i added to the res, not sure if i should be mixing it in any different way or not but seems pretty standard, all additives and then followed by A+B, works fine so far.

70ml Monsta Bud (half strength)
7ml Dutch Master Silica
4.2ml Dutch Master Zone
42ml Dutch Master ADD.27 Flower
40.6ml Dutch Master Flower part A
40.6ml Dutch Master Flower part B

Not much else to comment on till later tonight, see you all then :Namaste:

Time for some more updates, First thing today when opening the tent was noticing the abundance of white hairs all over Atomic, man so much bud growth overnight and her tops are now reaching 21". MM is also showing more hairs but nothing compared to her neighbor, however she is now standing at 23". GWS has slowed, still at 16", showing hairs but not much growth. At this point both Atomic and MM are overtaking this 4x4 tent and kinda hope GWS does stay small or i may have to remove her lol.

As you can see in the first photo, just from an overview you can see the difference. In the second pic i tried to capture some of Atomic's tops but lack of light really was not on my side tonight, sorry guys will sort out some type of lighting so i dont have to use the flash which is over exposing my pics, I really dont want to have to take pics under the HPS as it does the girls no justice and makes them look sick lol.

io3XPYH.jpg

12NeL60.jpg

kHYA1k2.png

No foliar was done today as i didnt feel the need, humidity was already up over 62% and the girls are still looking well hydrated, i will probably end up checking on them later to be sure. Temps inside the tent today were a mere 26-27c considering it was pretty damn warm outdoors, well over 30c. Today i decided to clean up the base of the plants a little, no real defol yet till stretch is over but removed any dead or unhealthy leaves that came off without applying any pressure, looks like there will be a lot of little growth at the bottom to remove. Checked the PH to all of the girls, Atomic and MM both on 5.9 and GWS on 5.8 and all EC's are 2.0.

I have ordered some more seeds over the past couple of days, so if they arrive then i will be growing HSO Lost Coast OG in my next journal, also got a great deal on 5 diff beans from Kannabia and a Fantasmo Express Automatic by Mephisto Genetics so may do something with them at the same time, maybe some seed production if all goes to plan on this grow. I cant say where i got the beans from as they are not a sponsor of 420mag but have ordered from them before with great results. They have a lot of seeds man.

Anyways, hope you are all having a good one, if there is anyone out there in 420 land, its like a ghost town in here :rofl:

Laters :Namaste:

You can say where you got your beans -- you just can't title your thread Feral grows O..seeds Fantasmo Express or constantly say M.... Cannabis Seeds are the best man, don't go to H......'s Seed Shop. You can't be passing hyperlinks to www.Dis... Seeds.

Those would be uncouth acts against the 420 Mag guidelines.

Saying where you got your new beans, that's OK.

Looks good Feral. Still paying attention as I lurk about.

Good to see you Mello, for a moment there i thought everyone had passed out on the floor :rofl:

Saying where you got your new beans, that's OK.

Nice one, just didnt want to do anything wrong by anyone ;)
I threw a bit of a big hint in my comment anyways hahaha. Seedsman seeds, Ive only used them once before but seem pretty legit, beans came last time in about 5 days which is fast considering im in AU and is the only company i have used that has actually shipped them in the original manufacturers packaging. This order i was going to use herbies but seedsman had some deals i took adv of, Spent 40euro on beans and just the freebies alone are worth 70euro. My last Bonza order im thinking i can pretty much kiss goodbye as its been 5 weeks, have contacted them today but i cant see anything coming of it, should have went with the buddy service.

I think it's post harvest celebration/exhaustion for outdoor growers in the northern hemisphere. That and December holiday shopping season.
That time of year hehe, glad i got all my boys xmas shopping out of the way early this year, was in the shops last week and after 30 mins all i wanted to do was come home and smoke a bowl lol stressed out to the max. It has just come into our outdoor grow season here, should be a long hot summer with perfect conditions for monsters :thumb:
I did have a really nice looking Red Diesel that vegged in my tent for a good 6weeks before hitting the sunlight until my dad decided it was his and stripped almost every leaf from it and took almost 8 inches of growth from the top :loopy: . She still has not recovered fully, hopefully some new growth shoots from her soon so i can grab some clones before he destroys her.

So tonights updates then bed, 27c in the tent tonight and Humidity is reaching 69%. Atomic is still going strong and producing more and more hairs every day now, she now reaches 22" tall. Money Maker is now throwing out hairs all over now too and has reached the 24" mark. Great White Shark is still just taking her time and is almost at 17", tbh im not expecting much from her and she may even get moved from the tent or pulled completely if these other girls keep taking over the little available space that is left hehe.

1st Pictures today were taken with the light out as per usual just after opening the tent, still cant seem to get nice pics and dont want to have to setup a light source just for taking photos.

pZ9cjZh.jpg

OyGeL2D.jpg

I then had a play with the settings and came up with a bearable solution, i can now take photos with the lights on and somewhat shows their true color, also found the flash settings and turned it down a little to try stop overexposure, still needs more i think lol
Maybe im too picky but the way i see it is i wouldnt want to show a bad picture of something that looks so good, would be like taking your wife to a red carpet event without makeup on :rofl:

img20.jpg

As you can see it still overexposed the flowers a little but i should be able to get it a bit better tomorrow ;)

For todays res checks there was not a lot done apart from PH and EC checks, more water will definitely need to be added tomorrow night.

Atomic Bomb:
PH: 5.7
EC: 1.9
has drank about 2 litres from her res

Money Maker:
PH: 5.9
EC: 2.0
has drank about 1.5 litres from her res

Great White Shark:
PH: 5.9
EC: 2.0
has drank about 500ml-1L from her res

After everything was checked and i spent a bit of time with the girls, i then lifted the light a couple more inches, gave them their Liquid Light foliar spray and zipped up the tent. Not much else to report tonight, just past 2:30am so too damn tired to go into anything else anyways lmao, Hope all is well, have a great day :Namaste:

Hey everybody, how are we all? Damn hot here today followed by a downpour of rain this afternoon, has been very humid lol. I really need to sort out my exhaust for the tent, it is still venting into the surrounding room, if its not too hot tomorrow im going to have to jump up in the roof and cut a hole for the 6" flange and exhaust all air directly into the roof void. Right now its not too bad as i have had the hood fan running 24/7 which is pulling air from the surrounding room and exhausting out the window, the temps today were around 30c in the tent but probably closer to 37c outside. Humidity in the tent has dropped ever so slightly at 62% which is a good amount at this stage, didnt bother with a foliar feed tonight as they had their Liquid Light spray last night. Tonight was about topping up the reservoirs and making sure everything was running smoothly.

Still playing around with camera settings but i took a few pics that looked pretty decent to me, shows some of the flower growth even though they still dont show that true color under the HPS. I have decided from this point i will only be taking pictures with the lights off once a week when their reservoirs get changed out. Most of these are of Atomic, if you cant tell she is my fav :circle-of-love: (Just dont tell the others or they might get jealous)

HWIMT61.jpg

KONvDgk.jpg

SuyzVqa.jpg

tVEpq4Z.jpg

So checks tonight went well but was blown away with how much of a topup they needed.

Atomic Bomb:
Before: PH 5.5, EC 2.1
Added 4L of PH 6.0 water to her res

Money Maker:
Before: PH 5.6, EC 2.1
Added 3L of PH 6.0 water to her res

Great White Shark:
PH 5.5
EC 2.1
Down about 1L, nothing added today

Nothing else done for now, i will be back in there in about 2 hours to grab details after the water and nutrients get a chance to settle in together, pretty much just let the air stones mix everything thoroughly.

Now onto a topic i have not brought up for a week or so, today is the first signs of roots on one of the atomic clones and its really throwing out quite a few, very hard to get pics but can see a couple here

KgRZibI.png

As you can see i transplanted them into 3" net pots with clay balls, this was done about a week ago as i was finding it hard to stop the rockwool from soaking up any moisture that was within a 50m radius lol (i really hate rockwool, cloner will be on the go for next batch i take). The clay balls were basically used to elevate the rockwool out of the tray and give better airflow rather than sitting in water all the time, the way i see it every mist either to the plants or the hood eventually drips into the tray waterlogging the rockwool causing smell and algae etc (the smell is what made me act on it, since then has been perfect). This clone will be moved into a DWC bucket tomorrow if all goes well and get her growing ready for some pollen/seed collection, i plan on selfing her so will be only spraying one branch with CS.

DoN1GRM.jpg

Anyways thats about all i think i needed to cover in this update, if i forgot anything, which i usually do lmao, i will include it in the next update in a few hours :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom