First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem - Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Tent

Re: First grow - AK-48 and Super Skunk (fem) in Coco Coir + Perlite, 600W LED - grow

Ya they will really like that second light in there for sure. Your ladies are looking really nice :thumb:
They do enjoy it! . I'm hoping they'll enjoy these when I add them at next watering.
420-magazine-mobile567987762.jpg

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

You can see in that last pic that I gently bent that ak48 (left) top down. I'd have to look under the canopy closely but I think that's the same troublesome main stem I mentioned earlier in the journal.

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

Another note for the journal. I've been playing with the arrangement of my two lights. Since I do feel the plants respond better to my 600w led, over my 450w, I have settled on placing the lights side by side, as though I was daisy-chaining...just the position, though, my lights are not connected. And I'm going to rotate the plants regularly. I have been doing some light rotating on a semi daily or as I think of it basis, but with my current lights and a flowering stretch coming kind of soon, I think it's a practical solution.

Also added a tower fan to the mix to help circulate air in the small room, because I close the door when the girls are asleep. The room containing my tent is very small, it was formerly a half bathroom. The bathroom fixtures were removed and new flooring put down, a utility sink was added. It's actually a convenient setup, just a little confined.

Nice canopy :thumb:

Thanks nizz! It's a little uneven... but I guess for a newby FIM job and some mild newby LST, not too bad. :thumb:

Checked in on the girls again as they woke up.

420-magazine-mobile766950254.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1602341694.jpg

Just rotated the pots as well. I noticed a few tiny roots coming through the bottoms of the pots... I need to get them up off the ground just a hair for some air circulation underneath. Going to attempt to find some 2" tall plant stands.

Just a general observation. Both of these strains have been kind to a beginner using the setup I have. The Super Skunk maybe more so, because, it's general habit has been very neat in terms of staying squat and wide with minimal and or inexpert training from me. After a few days of flowering the ak48 is healthy as I've seen it, and it's never been unhealthy. It has not been as neat a plant as the SS, but, still I would recommend it to a new grower considering a setup similar to this one and others like it. Also, if you're on a budget and using lights similar to mine--middle-low end workers, really-- then rotating your plants, spinning them to ensure good light across your canopy or canopies, I think helps.

Another note in the AK48, she has slightly slimmer leaves and less rounded, more jagged growth sites. Seeing more early pistils on the ak48 than on the SS, which was pretty much expected.

All in all, the SS is the more symmetrical and prettier plant. Kind of rooting for the ak48 to birth some dank and win out in the end. Gotta root for the underdog!!

What kind of leds do you have buddy
I started with just a 600w galaxyhydro, and, just before the switch to flowering, I added a 2nd light, which is 450w meizhi.

The 600W from gh got me through germination and about 1 month of veg, and I was very pleased. Not as pleased with the meizhi, but it does okay. Just runs a little louder, puts off more heat. The galaxhydro draws about 235W actual and the meizhi draws about 185-190W. So, I'm only pushing about 400W with this setup. I've though about buying a third light similar in size to finish flower but I think I'll hold off until my next grow.
All in all, the SS is the more symmetrical and prettier plant. Kind of rooting for the ak48 to birth some dank and win out in the end. Gotta root for the underdog!!

Back
Top Bottom