First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem - Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Tent

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

Do You have veg and bloom switches on yours? I've noticed with both on for full spectrum is best but if your trying to manage heat use one or the other depending on growth stage and the 900w meizhi is 22" long by 12.5" wide

Re: First Grow - AK-48 & Super Skunk Fem In Coco Coir & Perlite - 600W LED - Grow Ten

So, I'm jumping the gun a little. But, they are all here finally. These seeds will get me through my next few grows.

420-magazine-mobile782503427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422364851.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1402548791.jpg

Hello mate!

I got some dance world seeds too...im planning to start growing them next month or so, looking forward to see yours growing too...
I was trying to find someones journal who had already grown it, but couldn't find it, I hope thats a good strain since there not much info around

Wish you good look! Im subscribing for the run

Hello mate!

I got some dance world seeds too...im planning to start growing them next month or so, looking forward to see yours growing too...
I was trying to find someones journal who had already grown it, but couldn't find it, I hope thats a good strain since there not much info around

Wish you good look! Im subscribing for the run
Hey doc I was checking out your posts earlier. Thanks for joining in for the grow! Did you ever find the LED you were looking for?? Just curious. This tent of mine is longer than yours but I'm doing two plants in here max. I have about 410 actual watts consumption between my two LEDs.

Do You have veg and bloom switches on yours? I've noticed with both on for full spectrum is best but if your trying to manage heat use one or the other depending on growth stage and the 900w meizhi is 22" long by 12.5" wide
Hey JC. The meizhi has a switch for veg and for bloom, the galaxy hydro doesn't have a switch.

To break the monotony of strictly 420 growing, here are some photos of flowers from the yard. Daylilies, gladiolas, and trumpet vine respectively. The white blooms that haven't opened are Shasta daisies.

420-magazine-mobile903945691.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1529140956.jpg

420-magazine-mobile21468231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile64889506.jpg

420-magazine-mobile439954128.jpg

420-magazine-mobile315373509.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1656972231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2032854102.jpg

Hey doc I was checking out your posts earlier. Thanks for joining in for the grow! Did you ever find the LED you were looking for?? Just curious. This tent of mine is longer than yours but I'm doing two plants in here max. I have about 410 actual watts consumption between my two LEDs.

Hello!!!

I ended up buying a 280w (real watts) for my tent... now I'm growing a single plant in it, under 150w LED (around 60 real wattage). Although my lady seems to be building up sugar nicely, I don't expect a big yield because of the light...thats my first grow under LEDs too so I still have a lot of things to learn.
Next time I might try fitting two plants in it like you did

410 acutal watts sounds like state of art to me hahaha, looking forward to see your yields ..

Hello!!!

I ended up buying a 280w (real watts) for my tent... now I'm growing a single plant in it, under 150w LED (around 60 real wattage). Although my lady seems to be building up sugar nicely, I don't expect a big yield because of the light...thats my first grow under LEDs too so I still have a lot of things to learn.
Next time I might try fitting two plants in it like you did

410 acutal watts sounds like state of art to me hahaha, looking forward to see your yields ..

Hey doc!! 280W for one plant should be more than to get her through flowering with a decent yield. With my wattage I'm not expecting anything tremendous, but, it should be an okay yield. The main thing is getting this grow under my belt with as few mistakes as possible... lol. And of course shooting for the best yield I can given my setup and the training, etc. that I've done. I can tell you this much about the Super Skunk, it's a very obedient plant. Moreso than the AK, which seems to show more Sativa traits than the SS. Arguably, though, the AK is a cooler looking plant. My mom came by the other day and she said the AK was very pretty. HAHA. Thanks, mom. :thumb:

Anyway, I think with you rockin the 280W, I might stick with one plant and just try to grow a big broad lady whose canopy takes up your tent. :love:

My 600W LED has about 235W actual consumption. I can tell you that I felt good about it on my plants up until the days before I was about to flip them to 11/13. The coverage of the one light was just not enough on the canopy these girls had made, so, I added the 450W (195 actual) to supplement during flowering. It's still not ideal, but, if I can 57-60 grams dry off of a plant I won't be sad at all. Really I won't be sad with less than that, or anything. :cheer:

I'm liking spending mornings with the girls. .

420-magazine-mobile402284134.jpg

420-magazine-mobile935286241.jpg

Hey Stooooooooby! Looking awesome!! Man, those girls are happy! Very nice top job on them. Pretty cool checking out your flowers, too. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks farmer! I have been considering some heavier defoliation, but, as of right now I've removed a handful of leaves near the bottom that weren't looking great. Nothing more. Going very light on defoliation my first go.

There is only one thing to say about this grow.....those babies are AWESOME! Great job. Both plants are very nice indeed. You also have the hand to cultivate meumitsumgrow. Keep it up. Your final destination will be an arrival to rival.

There is only one thing to say about this grow.....those babies are AWESOME! Great job. Both plants are very nice indeed. You also have the hand to cultivate meumitsumgrow. Keep it up. Your final destination will be an arrival to rival.
. that is some very high praise my friend. Much appreciated. I've been learning all I can on this first grow. Don't jinx me .

Truly grateful for compliments tryan. Take it easy! .

Just spent some time with the plants. Wasn't much to do. Rotated them, took a few photos and made a few notes on the calendar.

AK-48
420-magazine-mobile1099029528.jpg

Super Skunk
420-magazine-mobile1741489231.jpg

Together.
420-magazine-mobile1009517371.jpg

420-magazine-mobile205899488.jpg

Hey doc!! 280W for one plant should be more than to get her through flowering with a decent yield. With my wattage I'm not expecting anything tremendous, but, it should be an okay yield. The main thing is getting this grow under my belt with as few mistakes as possible... lol. And of course shooting for the best yield I can given my setup and the training, etc. that I've done. I can tell you this much about the Super Skunk, it's a very obedient plant. Moreso than the AK, which seems to show more Sativa traits than the SS. Arguably, though, the AK is a cooler looking plant. My mom came by the other day and she said the AK was very pretty. HAHA. Thanks, mom. :thumb:

Anyway, I think with you rockin the 280W, I might stick with one plant and just try to grow a big broad lady whose canopy takes up your tent. :love:

My 600W LED has about 235W actual consumption. I can tell you that I felt good about it on my plants up until the days before I was about to flip them to 11/13. The coverage of the one light was just not enough on the canopy these girls had made, so, I added the 450W (195 actual) to supplement during flowering. It's still not ideal, but, if I can 57-60 grams dry off of a plant I won't be sad at all. Really I won't be sad with less than that, or anything. :cheer:

Thnx for you message man, a bunch of useful information in it!

By the way, if my mum gets to see my plants, she would probably root them out hahaha .

Watering the girls this morning. Super Skunk is up to about 16" in height and AK-48 is up to about 16" as well. SS is wider by about 2" at 23-24" and AK-48 is about 22" wide.

Added 2" high, 9.5inch diameter plant stands beneath each pot. Stands sit nicely in current plastic drain trays.

Distance from lights to each plant is now about 20-21". I'll be monitoring that over the next few days. Also just rotated the ladies. They seem happy. Humidity is down from yesterday, back in a more comfortable zone at about 50-52 percent.

420-magazine-mobile1579309395.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1476805525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile150328378.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1721645430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom