Flower Child Puts Seeds In The Soil Again 2013

Just wanted to wish everyone a most excellent thursday and a happy turkey day to those folks here in the states.

I am having a very good day- the 2 baby bombs that I was worried about not being girls had these on display this morning!

IMG_20131128_083648.jpg
IMG_20131128_083354.jpg

And the stretch is on........ 13 inches tall this morning!

IMG_20131127_085234.jpg

Have a great day- Its time to cook the turkey!

Yeah ! :cheer:

They're girls they're girls they're girls !
Thanks Kusharella- its always good to get confirmation.
Wooo! Pistils are a happy sight! Congratulations! :high-five:

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Flo!
Thanks Dresney - hope your day was good too!
Congrats on your girls and hope you have had a great thanksgiving. Best of buds to ya!
Thanks LA! And turkey day was great- family and good food is always a great time!
Good job flower
Hi Harley thanks! It's always a relief to know for sure what they are.:peace:

Just a quick update before I leave. I'm going to the mountains for the week so I wont be posting again till next weekend. My daughter is going to tend to the girls while I'm gone.

Today is day 12 of 12-12 light. Their little buds are starting to show and the tallest ones are about 17" now.
IMG_20131202_074538.jpg
IMG_20131202_074005.jpg
IMG_20131202_073955.jpg

Hope you all have a great week! :circle-of-love:
:peace:

I am going to follow this amazing grow. I really want to learn how you trained the plants. Thank you for detailing this grow so newbie's like me can learn and also I want to thank you for following my grow.

Whee, buds! Exciting times in your tent! :cheer:

Have a great time in the mountains! I'm jealous :;):
Thanks Dresney!:thanks: And the mountains were awesome- lots of snow and christmas lights everywhere. ;)

Am I the only "freak" who squeals and goes "oh how cuuuuuuuuuuute" when the first buds pop ? They just are.

Have a great time up in the mountains. I hear a hella storm's headin our way. Stay warm.
Lol, I'm pretty sure 100% of us get thrilled by the sight of buds- how could you not! :love: I spend a lot of hours on this website simply admiring the beautiful plants we all grow.

And thanks- we spent the stormy hours warming up in front of a fireplace.:passitleft: Without the sun those sub zero temps were rather cold brrrrr! :straightface:

Flower I love your tent full of buds +reps:peace::goodjob::thumb::bravo::high-five::circle-of-love:
Thanks for the reps Harley!:thanks: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the LST pays off.
I am going to follow this amazing grow. I really want to learn how you trained the plants. Thank you for detailing this grow so newbie's like me can learn and also I want to thank you for following my grow.
:welcome: Happy to have you follow along MEKWT. I read a book about growing when I first started out but it only provided a fraction of the information available here at 420. We all help and learn from each other around here! Glad you have a journal going too!
Real nice canopy you have going. Great job!
Thanks LA! However a week without training definitely shows. I have some new pics downloading of the unruly girls.:peace:

Its been a week since the last update and the even canopy is even no more. The girls grew a lot while I was gone- some way more than others. The 4 girls that are supposed to tallish strains have stretched the least, making the bombs the tallest girls at 2 1/2 ft. Tonite I am going to take the bombs out of the tent and see if they are flexible enough for more lst or I may need to (shudder) supercrop the tallest ones. The light really needs to be lower for those shorter girls.

Not all the plants are happy this morning however. One of the younger bombs has decided to claw her top leaves. Guessing its a overfeeding issue so hopefully a plain watering next time will help her. Luckily she's the only one doing this.
IMG_20131209_082922.jpg

The other 7 look fine..... uneven but fine
IMG_20131209_083011.jpg

And the buds grew a lot in a week
IMG_20131209_083023.jpg

Well, thats about it for news around here- I'm off to start getting caught up on everyone's journals!
Happy growing!:peace:

Its been a week since the last update and the even canopy is even no more. The girls grew a lot while I was gone- some way more than others. The 4 girls that are supposed to tallish strains have stretched the least, making the bombs the tallest girls at 2 1/2 ft. Tonite I am going to take the bombs out of the tent and see if they are flexible enough for more lst or I may need to (shudder) supercrop the tallest ones. The light really needs to be lower for those shorter girls.

Not all the plants are happy this morning however. One of the younger bombs has decided to claw her top leaves. Guessing its a overfeeding issue so hopefully a plain watering next time will help her. Luckily she's the only one doing this.
IMG_20131209_082922.jpg

The other 7 look fine..... uneven but fine
IMG_20131209_083011.jpg

And the buds grew a lot in a week
IMG_20131209_083023.jpg

Well, thats about it for news around here- I'm off to start getting caught up on everyone's journals!
Happy growing!:peace:

that clawing plant looks to be limited to only the top exposed above the canopy....if it were throughout the entire plant i'd suggest over feeding or lock out.

Recently I read in light addicts fluxing thread a post about clawing....it made a reference to heat build up in that location or a fan blowing to much heated air faster than the plant can aspirate drying it out and making it claw???

Just something that may be something to look into, and a nice looking grow so far :thumb:

Heya, Flo :ciao:

So happy you enjoyed your mountain getaway. It's sounds perfectly romantic. One of my favorite things about this time of year is when snow covers the Christmas lights and you see softly colored snowy trees. Purely magical atmosphere. :love:

Your girls seemed to fare well while you were away, but I'm sure they missed your loving attention. Hope you get that clawed one figured out.

Good eye, Heady. I read that discussion by LA and AG and it really looks like that could be what's happening. I can't wait til I get a humidifier. I battle low humidity too and am constantly having to adjust my fan.

+reps to you both! :circle-of-love:

that clawing plant looks to be limited to only the top exposed above the canopy....if it were throughout the entire plant i'd suggest over feeding or lock out.

Recently I read in light addicts fluxing thread a post about clawing....it made a reference to heat build up in that location or a fan blowing to much heated air faster than the plant can aspirate drying it out and making it claw???

Just something that may be something to look into, and a nice looking grow so far :thumb:
Thanks Heady!:thanks:
I think you just solved her problem! Heat stress makes a lot more sense than the overfeeding I was suspecting. She is the tallest plant so she is closer to the light by 5-6" and also gets the brunt of the wind from the fan. Tonite she will be moved to another corner. And a little twine and coaxing is in her immediate future so she won't tower over her sisters so much. Reps for the help.:high-five::peace:

Heya, Flo :ciao:

So happy you enjoyed your mountain getaway. It's sounds perfectly romantic. One of my favorite things about this time of year is when snow covers the Christmas lights and you see softly colored snowy trees. Purely magical atmosphere. :love:

Your girls seemed to fare well while you were away, but I'm sure they missed your loving attention. Hope you get that clawed one figured out.

Good eye, Heady. I read that discussion by LA and AG and it really looks like that could be what's happening. I can't wait til I get a humidifier. I battle low humidity too and am constantly having to adjust my fan.

+reps to you both! :circle-of-love:
Thanks Dresney! The mountains were wonderful but soooooo cold. Overnight temps were in the -15 F range and -5 for the daytime temps.
And unfortunately it's almost that cold outside here at home. All that cold has really dried out the air- humidity in the house is in single digits and the tent suffers accordingly. This is the first time I've grown in the dead of winter and can see I'm going to have to invest in a second humidifier. I'm thinking a big one to humidify the whole house would help because much of what the small one produces in the tent gets sucked right out with the exhaust. I'm going to go read the posts about clawing on LA's journal right now!:peace:

Hey Flower Child :ciao:

I noticed you'd clicked some reps my way (thank you so much) so I've popped over to check out your journal.

Congrats and +reps on an outstanding effort so far. You make it look so easy.

That canopy looks cool, if I didn't know I'd guess there was about thirty plants in there.

Shame the staggered switch to 12/12 didn't work out. I did that on Gloria, (harvested last week) would have liked to compare notes.

Great work, I'll be checking in regular.

Back
Top Bottom