Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

What's the reason behind mixing RO with tap?
It is heavily scientific and I don't know that I could do it justice to explain it. Head is still spinning:straightface:

Rather than trying to explain it I will pass on the source.

Screenshot_20200225-185603_Castbox.jpg

I have never used Destress after topping. The only time I have used it was this last transplant after one was showing some stress. I don't go that low when I top....I guess we call that micro topping??? Just like Ween said though close to the new growth.

For getting the plant to open up nice and flat I just keep pinching the stem (super cropping) on any leaders and when they fold over at a 90° angle it is always to the outside of the plant and the lower or younger branches come and fill in the empty spaces in the middle.

This run I only topped twice on the Black Lime Bubbas (on the right) and once on the OGKBV2.1 crosses. The rest you see there is just sc'ing them open. It is fun to get creative with it. My last run I topped a lot more and they got really bushy. This run I am trying to have less mains to see how it goes. Honestly, I almost had too big of a harvest last time :rofl:

20200225_190312.jpg

Got the answer to the RO question...buffering capacity.

Buffering capacity refers to water's ability to keep the pH stable as acids or bases are added. pH and buffering capacity are intertwined with one another; although one might think that adding equal volumes of an acid and neutral water would result in a pH halfway in between, this rarely happens in practice.

Becker is saying it is better to mix 50/50 without or as little as possible chlorine or other bad contaminants. It's easier to steer the ph in the soil.

I gave her Brix tonight.. already done.. I'll give her destress in a couple days..
No...please stick to directions. Spray foliars every 7 to 10 days. Also, i would not advise topping her again. All that is needed is some properly done(as Seedling described) supercropping. But give her some time to heal from this topping first. Cheers.

One detail I missed was that I only super crop newer growth close to the top. If I can't pinch and squish the stem I leave it alone. It takes longer to bounce back and you are more likely to damage a branch or even snap it off completely. If you stick to the pliable branches it is quite easy to control and maintain.

No...please stick to directions. Spray foliars every 7 to 10 days.

You know i love you right brother!? I have to call you out on this one because I believe my advice to give destress in a few days was correct (if plant seems stressed), see from the instructions below. Now this is from a few years ago when I pasted the instructions from docs journal into my 1st brix journal so maybe this has changed......Doc?

Spray Brix and De-Stress 1 time weekly, not on the same day! De-Stress can be sprayed twice a week if the plants continue to exhibit signs of stress.

Cheers!:passitleft:

Thanks Duggan! Yeah, that stuff is strong and I almost never do it at full strength, should've mentioned. Like you, I almost never use it. Crazy how a tiny amount, say 1 drop in a couple oz of water will turn the water dark brown. I'm gonna try using it more often. I can't remember who, maybe @DopyLemontree, uses it on a regular basis regardless of if the plants are stressed or not.....

Got the answer to the RO question...buffering capacity.

Buffering capacity refers to water's ability to keep the pH stable as acids or bases are added. pH and buffering capacity are intertwined with one another; although one might think that adding equal volumes of an acid and neutral water would result in a pH halfway in between, this rarely happens in practice.

Becker is saying it is better to mix 50/50 without or as little as possible chlorine or other bad contaminants. It's easier to steer the ph in the soil.

When you add the drench to RO there is no need for buffering. Also, when you add RO to a bucket of soil there is no need for buffering. In other words, don't worry about it at all.

There are only 2 things we need to be concerned about regarding water: Assuming it's not contaminated with stuff, like gutter water, but is either tap, well or rain water:

Chloramine
Total Alkalinity

A filter or RO unit deals with both. If you want to use tap water, aerate it for a few hours to get rid of chlorine, or use a filter to remove chloramine.

But if the Total Alkalinity is more than about 120, then you need to mix it with RO in order to avoid the buildup of bicarbonates in the soil.

The dirt is a far more powerful buffer than adding water or a bit of acid to the water.....don't go down the pH rabbit hole. It's silly.

Back
Top Bottom