GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started using the @GeoFlora Nutrients about a month ago or so and my one big girl has now gone into flowering for some odd reason in which my question is did I do something wrong when applying it possibly?
It doesn't look like rocket science to me so I'm kind of curious as to what happened to send her into flowering this early in the season when she should've had at least a month of veg. time left?
The GeoFlora isn't going to have anything to do with when she goes into flowering, that will be dependant on the light cycle she finds herself in. Some varieties will be more sensitive to others when you are on the borders of having enough darkness to initiate bloom, and this one could be one of those.
I am also dubious as to whether flowering has actually happened yet... a few pistils is not flowering. I can't tell from the pictures you submitted because at the end you show plants that are clearly blooming and those in the beginning of the post look like they are still in veg to me.

Thanks Emilya,
I didn't think it had anything to do with the dry amendments I added but just thought I'd ask to cover all my bases.
It's the first time I've ever grown this strain outdoors in which she has only been getting half days of sun at most and a little filtered light through the tree line before nightfall which is what probably triggered her to go into flowering.
Now if that's the case should I flush my plants next feeding and start using the bloom amendments? :hmmmm:

@Hash Hound To late to amend last post, but I quote the wrong price.
I bought 6 bags of organic.

Promix price.jpg

Back to the subject at hand.
I noticed that grats do not prefer the soil with @GeoFlora Nutrients (grow) as much as using the SIP liquids fed?

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed the difference between growing styles and nutrients in soil?

Tok..
I just got over a Gnat infestation, I never seen anything like it. I had dreams about Gnats , no NIGHTMAREs aremore like it. ya know Subcool had so many issues with gnats he got one tattooed on his arm.🦟 am using the @Geoflora to supplement my LOS, I am using grow bucket sips I am top watering once or twice a week But I only use about QT/liter each time just enough for the gals to get that @Geoflora juice. I haven't even seen a single Gnat the entire grow. but when I tried using the Air pots with all the holes it was like a Gnat hi-rise hotel. But I have used @Geoflora ever since my second grow. you know the GF has NEEM in it and that may make the difference . if they dislike enough and they dont leave their larva behind. that's a big plus the ingredient list of GF is Amazing.

Keep on Growin and stay safe

Thanks Emilya,
I didn't think it had anything to do with the dry amendments I added but just thought I'd ask to cover all my bases.
It's the first time I've ever grown this strain outdoors in which she has only been getting half days of sun at most and a little filtered light through the tree line before nightfall which is what probably triggered her to go into flowering.
Now if that's the case should I flush my plants next feeding and start using the bloom amendments? :hmmmm:
what exactly do you mean by flush? This is an organic grow... what would you be flushing? I would start the bloom feed on the next biweekly feeding though... seems appropriate at this point.

what exactly do you mean by flush? This is an organic grow... what would you be flushing? I would start the bloom feed on the next biweekly feeding though... seems appropriate at this point.
I'm a newbie when it comes to using dry amendments of any brand so please forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject. I'll begin the bloom nutes next feeding and will hope for the best come harvest.
Is using a Liquid Karma supplement only enough to to feed the plants or do I need some type of bloom enhancer as well during the flowering phase?

I'm a newbie when it comes to using dry amendments of any brand so please forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject. I'll begin the bloom nutes next feeding and will hope for the best come harvest.
Is using a Liquid Karma supplement only enough to to feed the plants or do I need some type of bloom enhancer as well during the flowering phase?
No problem my friend, I am just trying to help. According to GeoFlora, they have noticed that people who have extremely large cannabis plants might have a need for extra potassium all through the grow and extra phosphorus and some other enhancements later in bloom. On their advanced feeding web page they recommend Terpinator all through the grow and Massive in bloom, but maybe this advice is not for everyone. It just depends on what your plants need, based on their size and root systems.

Liquid Karma is an old standard synthetic nutrient bloom enhancer. I used to use it back in my Fox Farm nutrient days. I scrapped it however because it is not exactly compatible with an organic grow and I would recommend replacing it with something recommended by GeoFlora, something not synthetic and chelated to rely on a certain pH range. You seem to be reluctant to believe that GeoFlora is feeding your plants, but it is very likely that they don't need anything extra.

I strongly suggest since this is your first attempt with GeoFlora, that you let your grow be simply powered by GeoFlora this time, with nothing else added. See what this system can do for you. In your soil, your conditions and with you as a gardener, are your plants capable of needing even more or would they be perfectly happy with just GeoFlora? Set your baseline on this run and then next time, see if you can do better by following the advanced advice that GeoFlora provides.

No problem my friend, I am just trying to help. According to GeoFlora, they have noticed that people who have extremely large cannabis plants might have a need for extra potassium all through the grow and extra phosphorus and some other enhancements later in bloom. On their advanced feeding web page they recommend Terpinator all through the grow and Massive in bloom, but maybe this advice is not for everyone. It just depends on what your plants need, based on their size and root systems.

Liquid Karma is an old standard synthetic nutrient bloom enhancer. I used to use it back in my Fox Farm nutrient days. I scrapped it however because it is not exactly compatible with an organic grow and I would recommend replacing it with something recommended by GeoFlora, something not synthetic and chelated to rely on a certain pH range. You seem to be reluctant to believe that GeoFlora is feeding your plants, but it is very likely that they don't need anything extra.

I strongly suggest since this is your first attempt with GeoFlora, that you let your grow be simply powered by GeoFlora this time, with nothing else added. See what this system can do for you. In your soil, your conditions and with you as a gardener, are your plants capable of needing even more or would they be perfectly happy with just GeoFlora? Set your baseline on this run and then next time, see if you can do better by following the advanced advice that GeoFlora provides.
Excellent advice which I'll follow by using just the GeoFlora Nutrients themselves without any supplements at all to see how their products perform on their own. :thumb:

Thank you very much Emilya and have a great night!:thanks:

@beez0404 I will agree with Tim's findings. I also had similar results, yellow leaves and obvious K deficiencies, when I failed to use Terpinator in veg... Now I use terpinator all through the grow, and as many know, Sweet Candy instead of Massive while in bloom.
Geoflora is set up to be able to supply everything needed, except for fruiting plants. Both my cannabis and my tomatoes need something extra.
If you don't provide extra K all along and P at the end, I can tell you from personal experience that you will clearly see deficiencies. The P deficiency will show up in mid bloom and K will start late veg. The end result will not be as heavy, potent or flavorful as plants not suffering from deficiencies. In both cases you will get product, but the plant being fed everything it needs will give you more.
I have never done this as a side by side as Tim has done, but I have clearly seen the differences from grow to grow after I started using the supplements.
Hello @Emilya Green
I've been scrolling and reading this thread and cannot find how much Terpinator per gallon of water you recommend using with GeoFlora.
Thank you for your time... :smokin:

Hello @Emilya Green
I've been scrolling and reading this thread and cannot find how much Terpinator per gallon of water you recommend using with GeoFlora.
Thank you for your time... :smokin:
Great question! I also pondered this and decided on the minimum recommended dosage on the side of the bottle during veg, and the maximum during bloom. At the max I was giving 16ml/gal. With current data coming to light via scientific studies, I will stop giving Terpinator in the last 2 weeks, and especially not after I have given my last GeoFlora application.

Another quick question for ya @Emilya Green?

I don't know whether or not you know but I like to grow in solo cups from seed/clone to harvest and was curious if I could use the GeoFlora line in this situation since there is only about 15ozs. of medium in each cup and the plants need to be watered a few times a day in order to survive?
I'd really like to compare the difference in growth between the GeoFlora Nutrients vs. what I've been using for years if at all possible but would have to figure out how much to use for every application. Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated as well as welcome my friend.;):thanks:

Another quick question for ya @Emilya Green?

I don't know whether or not you know but I like to grow in solo cups from seed/clone to harvest and was curious if I could use the GeoFlora line in this situation since there is only about 15ozs. of medium in each cup and the plants need to be watered a few times a day in order to survive?
I'd really like to compare the difference in growth between the GeoFlora Nutrients vs. what I've been using for years if at all possible but would have to figure out how much to use for every application. Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated as well as welcome my friend.;):thanks:
That is a great question too! I think in this special case I would go by the relative size of the plant. As long as the plant is the normal size you would see in a solo cup, say up to the 4th node or so, the recommended dosage should be right. When the plant starts getting to 2x and 3x the size it rightfully should be in that cup, I think I would increase the feed by that much too.... so I would double and even triple the suggested dosage for the cup.

When the plant starts getting to 2x and 3x the size it rightfully should be in that cup, I think I would increase the feed by that much too.... so I would double and even triple the suggested dosage for the cup.
What about if the plants I grow are 5x or possibly even 10x times the size they rightfully should be in a solo cup?;) I don't have anything to really gauge their size on but I think they're way past the 4th node.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the feedback Emilya, I'll be trying to work out the amount for each solo cup they'll need per application as soon as possible which I'll then run by you first before beginning my little project just so we're on the same page if that's okay.:high-five:

Have a great night my friend and thanks again, your help is much appreciated!:Namaste:

I've heard about these famous @Cola Monster solo cup plants on a site I visited recently. Those are amazing buddy!!
Holy Cow! That is amazing! I would just estimate that you are about 10x or better the size they should be in that amount of soil @Cola Monster , and I don't know what would happen if you put that much geoflora in there all at once. Maybe a bit each day or every other day would be better, to just keep the nutrients and microbes flowing in there with all the waterings.

I did 2 grows with it. If you’re indoors and under 15 gallons you’re gonna need to top dress to finish off. You’ll likely need a calmag supplement under 15 gallons if under a LED. It could stand to be cut with coco and perlite out of the bag.. 20/10 at least I preferred closer to 30/20. Really good at 10 gallons and up, below that requires extra attention, especially to carbon.....
Thanks @Keffka I was going to give it a try in the 5g Geopots I won but better at least use my standard 7g's

@Tokin Roll and/or @Emilya Green or anyone else, hope all is well with both of you and everyone else in 420 land:high-five:
I have been using the Terpinator and Massive bloom Religiously with GF. Shhhhh 🤫I also heard people lurking in the shadows say "they use Sweet Candy in place of massive." I am assuming the Bloom enhancer NPK 0.27.27 not the 0.0.16
any way I see the higher NPK packs a punch of potassium and phosphorus, and the Massive Bloom 01.02.03.
what benefits do you get from Sweet Candy that you dont get from Massive

I have 1 unopen liter and another half of a liter of the Massive. so when I run out I want to try something different and get the sweet candy. Im not sure if you ever heard of Incredible Bulk 0.1.10.25 from Growganica I have 1 lb and very expensive and it had a picture of the incredible HULK on package.. I bet once you use it it will make all of us MARVEL :rofl: I had too just could not pass it up

any way if you dont mind explaining why you use the Sweet Candy, over the Massive, and if this Bulk Bloom booster
is worth trying. ill list the ingredients below. the reason I even considered the BULK is because it is suppose to organic
and if I am not mistaken terpinator ,Massive Bloom, and sweet candy are in a somewhat gray area not organic, but fine to use with organic soil. the Bulk/Hulk is stamped OMRI (for what that's worth)
Incredible Bulk Bloom booster .0.10.25
Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen: 0.1%
Available Phosphate: 10%
Soluble Potash: 25%
Sulfur: 17.5%
Sea Kelp: 5%
Bulk is derived from soluble rock phosphate, sulfate of potash and kelp.

Thank you very much inadvance

@Tokin Roll and/or @Emilya Green or anyone else, hope all is well with both of you and everyone else in 420 land:high-five:
I have been using the Terpinator and Massive bloom Religiously with GF. Shhhhh 🤫I also heard people lurking in the shadows say "they use Sweet Candy in place of massive." I am assuming the Bloom enhancer NPK 0.27.27 not the 0.0.16
any way I see the higher NPK packs a punch of potassium and phosphorus, and the Massive Bloom 01.02.03.
what benefits do you get from Sweet Candy that you dont get from Massive

I have 1 unopen liter and another half of a liter of the Massive. so when I run out I want to try something different and get the sweet candy. Im not sure if you ever heard of Incredible Bulk 0.1.10.25 from Growganica I have 1 lb and very expensive and it had a picture of the incredible HULK on package.. I bet once you use it it will make all of us MARVEL :rofl: I had too just could not pass it up

any way if you dont mind explaining why you use the Sweet Candy, over the Massive, and if this Bulk Bloom booster
is worth trying. ill list the ingredients below. the reason I even considered the BULK is because it is suppose to organic
and if I am not mistaken terpinator ,Massive Bloom, and sweet candy are in a somewhat gray area not organic, but fine to use with organic soil. the Bulk/Hulk is stamped OMRI (for what that's worth)
Incredible Bulk Bloom booster .0.10.25
Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen: 0.1%
Available Phosphate: 10%
Soluble Potash: 25%
Sulfur: 17.5%
Sea Kelp: 5%
Bulk is derived from soluble rock phosphate, sulfate of potash and kelp.

Thank you very much inadvance
I have big problems with the word "organic" because it is being used mainly as a marketing tool and not to describe how the plants and microbes feel about the various products. There are many products out there that could easily qualify as organic, but the producer couldn't justify the cost of getting an OMRI label or just didn't want to.

Also, as long as what you are adding doesn't upset the organic feeding cycle, it can be used in an organic grow. Complicated products like Sweet Candy don't happen in nature, but don't confuse natural with organic. As long as the aminos and vitamins and P and K in the SC contribute to the soil, feed the microbes and provide additional raw nutrient, I have no qualms adding it to my organic grow. It may not be technically "organic" but it is organic friendly.

The same thing goes with the other bulking products. As long as they don't take over the feeding cycle, but instead contribute and support the work the microbes are doing and increase the amount of available raw nutrient, then they are not harmful to use.

So I use Sweet Candy because of all the soil enhancing components, the candy to feed the microbes, and the aminos and vitamins to support the plants. SC was made to enhance a soil grow. There are of course other PK boosters out there but I also buy it because it is in powder form so it is cheap to ship and a bag of it goes a long long ways. Bang for the buck, I consider SC one of the very best "boosters" out there.

I have big problems with the word "organic" because it is being used mainly as a marketing tool and not to describe how the plants and microbes feel about the various products. There are many products out there that could easily qualify as organic, but the producer couldn't justify the cost of getting an OMRI label or just didn't want to.

Also, as long as what you are adding doesn't upset the organic feeding cycle, it can be used in an organic grow. Complicated products like Sweet Candy don't happen in nature, but don't confuse natural with organic. As long as the aminos and vitamins and P and K in the SC contribute to the soil, feed the microbes and provide additional raw nutrient, I have no qualms adding it to my organic grow. It may not be technically "organic" but it is organic friendly.

The same thing goes with the other bulking products. As long as they don't take over the feeding cycle, but instead contribute and support the work the microbes are doing and increase the amount of available raw nutrient, then they are not harmful to use.

So I use Sweet Candy because of all the soil enhancing components, the candy to feed the microbes, and the aminos and vitamins to support the plants. SC was made to enhance a soil grow. There are of course other PK boosters out there but I also buy it because it is in powder form so it is cheap to ship and a bag of it goes a long long ways. Bang for the buck, I consider SC one of the very best "boosters" out there.

This is where my organic, organicish labels come from. There’s a ton of organic OMRI certified products I won’t let near my garden. They’re filled with tons of acids and overall wreak havoc on my ecosystem.

One of my favorite fish fertilizers states on the side in huge bold letters “NOT FOR ORGANIC USE”. I use it constantly to feed the myco treats. It doesn’t get much more organic than that.

The entire “organic” industry is a mess. I know it’s a cartoon but King of The Hill has a great episode detailing the absurdity of it. The fresh farm coop episode where Hank finds good meat for anyone interested. Season 12 episode 6, Raise the steaks

Last fall I got a deal on Alaska Fish Fertilizer off Amazon. I use it into the end of the second week of flowering and could probably keep using it longer. I know my plants really like it and a little goes a long way and I got 3 quarts LOL so I'll keep using it just like my 4 gallon jug of Terpinator I won ages ago in one of the contests.

Fish fertilizer

This is where my organic, organicish labels come from. There’s a ton of organic OMRI certified products I won’t let near my garden. They’re filled with tons of acids and overall wreak havoc on my ecosystem.

One of my favorite fish fertilizers states on the side in huge bold letters “NOT FOR ORGANIC USE”. I use it constantly to feed the myco treats. It doesn’t get much more organic than that.

The entire “organic” industry is a mess. I know it’s a cartoon but King of The Hill has a great episode detailing the absurdity of it. The fresh farm coop episode where Hank finds good meat for anyone interested. Season 12 episode 6, Raise the steaks

Dog gone it! Em Now I gotta get some lol. one thing I learned from you and @Keffka , just because it says organic DOE'S NOT MEAN IT IS, I been using keffs word organicish.. thx for the reply Em alot of good info. I know Roots determine a lot on a happy healthy plant. But unhappy microbes, equals unhappy everything especially in my case

Thx Em and Keff :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom