GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Great work, GG7! +Reps!

I believe, when trying to get plants to re-veg, going 24/0 will be better than 18/6, so more light MAY have increased the success rate, but MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :bravo:

I'm not suggesting for a second you do this, but it would be an interesting experiment to compare success rates of the cloner with success rates of rockwool! :)

EDIT: Sorry...need to spread reps around more first. Someone please rep GG7 for me! :thanks:

Great work, GG7! +Reps!

I believe, when trying to get plants to re-veg, going 24/0 will be better than 18/6, so more light MAY have increased the success rate, but MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :bravo:

I'm not suggesting for a second you do this, but it would be an interesting experiment to compare success rates of the cloner with success rates of rockwool! :)

EDIT: Sorry...need to spread reps around more first. Someone please rep GG7 for me! :thanks:

Hi Mr. K! :thanks:

I think the REP system is broken. I have never been able to give anyone REPS. Every time I try I get that same "spread around" message, and I am constantly hearing people saying that they tried to rep me and got the same message?

Regarding the clones...

I couldn't do 24/0 in that closet with the cloner running because excessive heat issues would arise. I need to keep the water temp at around 72 degrees, and a 24 hour light cycle would make that impossible to maintain.

I had no problems cloning any of my other strains using these same settings. I believe that this Blue Cheese strain is very hard to clone for one, and the fact that the mother was entering flower made an already difficult goal that much harder to accomplish. :(

I wouldn't even attempt to clone this strain in Rockwool. Just based on how difficult it has been in a cloner that usually delivers 100% success rates, Rockwool would be a fail before you even took the cutting. ;)

Yeah, I run my veg cab at 18/6 to help with temps, too, so I totally understand.

I definately agree rockwool would be tough. I think the big advantage to the cloner is you see roots much quicker, and if it took that long for the cloner (probably why the low success rate) it would take much longer in rockwool and knock the success rate down significantly, if not entirely.

But, if you could get to a 24/0 light cycle, I believe the time to reveg would be quicker...my gues would be something like 25% faster since they're getting 25% more light in 24/0 than 18/6 and that could help.

Yeah, I run my veg cab at 18/6 to help with temps, too, so I totally understand.

I definately agree rockwool would be tough. I think the big advantage to the cloner is you see roots much quicker, and if it took that long for the cloner (probably why the low success rate) it would take much longer in rockwool and knock the success rate down significantly, if not entirely.

But, if you could get to a 24/0 light cycle, I believe the time to reveg would be quicker...my gues would be something like 25% faster since they're getting 25% more light in 24/0 than 18/6 and that could help.

Right! :thumb:

As soon as the cloning session is done and I no longer have to worry about water temps and such, I am going to put the veg area in this same closet on 24/0. I already know from my efforts with the BC mother, that this clone will likely refuse to reveg with 18/6. Hopefully 24/0 does the trick, otherwise, I will end up with the smallest bud producing BC plant in history! :laughtwo:

I plan to transplant this clone later today, and will take a few shots during the process to add to this entry.
Stay tuned! :thumb:

Blue Cheese Clone #2 Makes Her Official Debut!

As promised, here are the progress shots of the transplant of Blue Cheese Clone #2 into soil and the successful end to a long multi-week struggle to clone our original Blue Cheese.

When transplanting I always mix up a batch of B1 transplant solution and some Kelp Extract in a watering can and soak the newly filled pot of soil and float the clone in the same solution for about 20 minutes before I plant the clone into her new home

P1011588.JPG

I am using a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil. After soaking it through with the above solution, I dig out the center to the proper depth to house the new clone

P1011589.JPG
P1011590.JPG

Fill in the area around the roots and stalk with dry soil until the plant is stable and stands straight on its own

P1011591.JPG

Water the dry soil with additional solution until moist to settle the added soil around the rooted clone

P1011592.JPG

Finally the completed transplant is moved into our veg room. Since the clone is still attempting to flower, we will soon be changing the light cycle to 24/0 to force this stubborn little plant to reveg

P1011598.JPG
P1011599.JPG

I've waited a VERY LONG TIME to be able to put this particular label on a clone! :thumb:
P1011597.JPG

So there you have it! BC Clone #2 is finally in soil and with any luck, we will see her reveg and become a mother for future BC clones for our 2012 growing season in the spring! :cheer:

Stay tuned for additional updates on GDP #2 as well as some changes to our flowering room! :thanks:

Weekend Update 2
BBK Harvest Update • GDP #2 Plant and Trichome Images

Blueberry Kush
14 Jars of Bud on the Wall! :theband:

All of the BBK harvest has been transferred to curing jars and we are letting them slow cure in our dark closet. With the jars filled to between half and 3/4 full, we ended up with 14 quart jars. We plan to weigh the complete total from each plant next weekend and see what our actual dried and cured yield was.

P1011601.JPG

GDP #2 • Week #8

She is looking great and I am very tempted to harvest her based on the latest Trichome images. Going to give her a couple of more days, but I don't think I am going to wait as late as week 9. Don't want the THC to degrade too far into an over abundance of CBDs and CBNs.

This closeup flash image really shows off her purple hues

P1011602.JPG

Natural light photos don't POP the purple as much, but these don't really show the purple accurately. In person the color is somewhere in between the flash and the non-flash images here.

P1011603.JPG
P1011604.JPG
P1011611.JPG

The lower portion of the plant is still primarily green, although there are hints of purple beginning to emerge. Right now it is a race between the color change and the optimum harvest time which if this was any other plant, would be today!

P1011606.JPG

GDP #2 Trichome Images • 09/03/11

You can see the high percentage of amber trichomes in these main cola leaf tip samples. I am also seeing a lot of trichome stalks without the trichome "ball" on the end, which is another indication of increasing THC degradation.

This first image is the tip of the leaf tip showing some young trichome stalks still not fully developed alongside amber trichomes that are degrading into CBDs and CBNs

GDPA.JPG

Notice how purple the background leaf color has become since our last set of microscopic images!

GDPB.JPG
GDPC.JPG
GDPI.JPG
GDPF.JPG

These samples were all taken from two leaf tip samples on the main cola. When viewed using my 10x loupe, I can see a lot more cloudy and clear trichomes in the inner areas of the flower top. The secondary colas are a little less ripe than these images.

GDPG.JPG
GDPE.JPG
GDPH.JPG
GDPJ1.JPG
GDPK.JPG

GDP Clone Update

Last but not least... Here are the four new girls today, now firmly in veg mode

P1011612.JPG

We may be harvesting GDP #2 in the next few days, so stay tuned! :thumb:

Yes! Flowering clone rooted! I'm also doing the same. Took cuttings from flowering mother 2 weeks into bloom. Also done it before in dirt and it works just took a bit longer than veg cuttings. Cannabis is a robust plant. The GDP is looking hot. You have to enter that in this month's POTM contest.

Awesome, Bro! Even niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicer!!! :welldone:

Gotta be close to 10z's drying & the GDP looks gorgeous! :yummy:

Thanks Man! :thumb:

I am thoroughly pleased with both the BBK and the GDP! I got both sets of clones from the same source and it is becoming obvious at this point why this provider has such a stellar reputation for offering only the crème de la crème of the 5-star rated strains! :adore::circle-of-love:

Tomorrow I am going to go over the GDP thoroughly with my 10x Loupe and try to determine if I have any more wiggle room in my harvest day choices. I'm also going to take some leaf tip samples from the lower buds and put them under the scope for some comparison shots. That should give us a good overview of the total plant's state of flower maturity.

Stay tuned for that update! I plan to post the lower bud trichome photos in that same post, and possibly follow that up with some harvest photos tomorrow night!

Either way, I am pretty confident that GDP #2 will be hanging up to dry by Wednesday of this coming week. :cheer:

Hi GG7 :)

I gave you some plus reps for me and Mr. Krip! :love: It's working.

OK..I skim read to here. I think I would only re-veg if it was a strain I couldn't get my hands on any more. Just seems to take for ever and seems a waste of time if you could find it somewhere else. Of course, I don't have the space you have. :) I kind of like your plant that will not stop blooming.:bravo:

Sorry I just been dropping nothing but "likes" on you, busy at my place too.
Peace Brother! :Namaste:

Hi GG7 -

I also gave you some plus reps for Mr. Krip and I both. Look, those pictures of the GDP #2 are amazing. I'd be thinking any day now on her. Looks beautiful and about ready to me...

Gotta admit, love the pics of the BK jars. Now that will give you permagrin! :)

Clones look great too - nice work all around my friend! :high-five:

Hi GG7 :)

I gave you some plus reps for me and Mr. Krip! :love: It's working.

OK..I skim read to here. I think I would only re-veg if it was a strain I couldn't get my hands on any more. Just seems to take for ever and seems a waste of time if you could find it somewhere else. Of course, I don't have the space you have. :) I kind of like your plant that will not stop blooming.:bravo:

Sorry I just been dropping nothing but "likes" on you, busy at my place too.
Peace Brother! :Namaste:

Right on OMM! Thanks for sticking around and for offering some input here and also giving me some REPS!! I always appreciate and welcome that! Glad that thr system is working for you!

The BC is definitely one of the harder strains I have come across when it comes to cloning them and revegging. Not sure why that is, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the new clone out of flower mode and into veg so I have a reliable source for more BC next year! :)

Hi GG7 -

I also gave you some plus reps for Mr. Krip and I both. Look, those pictures of the GDP #2 are amazing. I'd be thinking any day now on her. Looks beautiful and about ready to me...

Gotta admit, love the pics of the BK jars. Now that will give you permagrin! :)

Clones look great too - nice work all around my friend! :high-five:

Thanks as always XL! I appreciate the reps very much! :):cheer::thanks:

Glad you like the GDP photos! I just chopped her and will be posting the harvest update right after this post! I am delighting in the lovely aroma of freshly cut GDP flower tops!! It is whafting through the entire house as I was trimming up the various bud stalks and getting to into the drying closet! :thumb:

Can't wait to try this stuff! I've had it before cause the dried GDP bud I ran out of last month came from the same mother plant! However, I have a feeling that mine is going to be even better! :yahoo:

GDP #2 HARVEST!
Ripe and Ready!

After checking the lower buds with my 10x BeLOMO Triplet Loupe, as well as inspecting a leaf tip sample from the same area under the microscope, I decided that the time had come to harvest GDP #2!

GDP#2 Lower Bud Trichome Images - 09/04/11

GDPA1.JPG
GDPB1.JPG
GDP1C.JPG
GDPD1.JPG

The Harvest!
A few full plant and cola photos before the chop!

P1011628.JPG
P1011631.JPG
P1011616.JPG

Lower Bud Photos

P1011623.JPG
P1011625.JPG

THE CHOP!
Untrimmed Wet Weight 9.50 ounces

P1011633.JPG
P1011634.JPG
P1011636.JPG
P1011639.JPG

I decided to keep the main cola and stalk intact since it wasn't that big. After trimming off all the fan leaves, the main cola/stalk weighed in at 4.30 ounces! :thumb: :)

P1011649.JPG

The one thing I can't share with you is that wonderful and "unique" GDP Aroma! Genuine GDP has a distinctive smell that no other strain can quite duplicate. Those of you out there who have grown or are growing the real article know exactly what I am referring to! Once you have that scent in your memory, you can always tell the real GDP bud from the posers. ;)

:circle-of-love:

After trimming up the main stalk for this photo, the entire front room of our house is filled with that lovely, pleasant bouqet! :yummy:

So... Now we are on to drying and curing! I will keep you all updated on how the process goes and will add some dried bud photos to the journal as soon as I have some to post! :thumb:

I've got one more update to go for this weekend regarding the new lineup in the flowering room, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope you guys enjoyed this GDP Harvest Update! Talk to ya soon!

Cheers. :Namaste::thanks:

GG7, glad you got that BC to clone. I think I will be keeping mine going for a while I really like the way it is growing.

Congrats on all of your harvest's so far outstanding job. :goodluck: :welldone:

GG7, glad you got that BC to clone. I think I will be keeping mine going for a while I really like the way it is growing.

Congrats on all of your harvest's so far outstanding job. :goodluck: :welldone:

Thanks HMG!

I Love the Blue Cheese strain, so I am VERY pleased that I was able to finally get one of these stubborn little gals to ROOT! As I said... was probably a combination of a hard to clone strain coupled with the fact that the mother was already well into flower when the cuttings were taken. Oddly enough... The clone that rooted was taken when the mother was even more into flower than the previous batch that all failed.

Just checked the Turbo Klone and unfortunately, I see no indication that any of the other 15 cuttings still going in there are going to root too. :( I'm going to give them one more day, but I need to get the lights switched over to 24/0, so they are probably going to end up on the compost heap in the end. :confused:

Thanks again for checking in! I just checked your journal and saw your latest Blue Cheese flowering photos. Those gals are looking GREAT! :thumb:

Great harvest GG7! :)

I think I almost got high off the pictures alone!

Definitely will be looking for a new review from you once its nice and dried ;)

Back
Top Bottom