Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

What about you carrier oil ??

BIG DIFFERENCE HERE .....
61330F0E-0FD5-4739-8F10-8C6FFEFF199E.jpeg

I see your problem - scrolled up - yep you will have to gently heat your mixture to be sure

Use liquid coconut oil .. expensive , but a necessary evil .. Namaste !!! ❤️

It’s gotta sit , and chill after being mixed in , then remixed when you bring it back to temp.
It results in a completely different texture and you can physically see it blended better after resting in the fridge until it solidifies , ( generally 24 hours) and then coming back to room temp.
Dunno why? But it’s an important step in my experience.
Namaste!

I've never chilled my oil, and I've only ever used MCT, so I haven't had to deal with the state change. In my experience, once the three are combined, they stay that way. The only exception would be any little bits of plant material that make it past the 90µ filter bags I use.

I see your problem - scrolled up - yep you will have to gently heat your mixture to be sure

Use liquid coconut oil .. expensive , but a necessary evil .. Namaste !!! ❤

The Virgin Coconut Oil was more expensive than the processed liquid oil.

For my previous batches, I used the liquid oil (President's Choice) without the lecithin. The capsules all seemed to hit the same.

The test batch I made last night seem to hit a little harder, but they all seemed to hit equally.

Today I made up a batch of 116 capsules with only the GDP rosin (and oil + lecithin) in it :)
I also re-heated the previous batch and put it into capsules. I got 107 capsules from it.

The small nug jars will hold more than 150 size 2 capsules.

I've never chilled my oil, and I've only ever used MCT, so I haven't had to deal with the state change. In my experience, once the three are combined, they stay that way. The only exception would be any little bits of plant material that make it past the 90µ filter bags I use.

I never chilled the oil either until I read it on here somewhere and saw first hand what that simple step does ?
I think it’s about giving the Lecithin time to bond the 2 oils evenly.. re: consistent dosing .
I noticed a remarkable difference when I did 2 batches back to back
i immediately capped one ,
and let the other sit , fridge, stir, brought back to room temp naturally and restirred
Big difference

Stay lit ! ❤️

I never chilled the oil either until I read it on here somewhere and saw first hand what that simple step does ?
I think it’s about giving the Lecithin time to bond the 2 oils evenly.. re: consistent dosing .
I noticed a remarkable difference when I did 2 batches back to back
i immediately capped one ,
and let the other sit , fridge, stir, brought back to room temp naturally and restirred
Big difference

Stay lit ! ❤

Definitely going to try that with my next batch. Thanks for the tip!

Since I can't smoke it, and put it into capsules, doing it all in one go make sense for me. Squishing a lb at 7gm / squish gets old really fast.

Ok so this is the first kit i got its a 6ton dabpress is this guna work for me to try an pump out some dabs for acouple people at a time or is this guna take forever. This is what i got and the micron baggies i got are 160 will this work.

Oh also do i need to do fully dried an cured buds or can i do fresh after harvest for more of like a live rosin end product or dont it work like tht? Jus wondering if it needs to be fully dried or not lol?

Lovely press! I have the same one. I think you can make quite a bit fairly quick with it but I also enjoy the process still. I can't comment on the bags as I only prepress and don't use bags. What type of paper are you using?

Lovely press! I have the same one. I think you can make quite a bit fairly quick with it but I also enjoy the process still. I can't comment on the bags as I only prepress and don't use bags. What type of paper are you using?
Ill take a pic n show u but i think its jus normal parchment paper but ill show u.

Ok so these are the 2 different kinds of paper i got one looks waxed the other doesnt so im guessing use the unwaxed on am i right?

@Blazinjones I just bought the same one today! It’s a good looking machine, but mine probably won’t be here for a month. Meanwhile I can’t wait to see what you can do with yours.

Awesome man i havnt gotten to use mine yet still doing a few things but was thinkn about doing a run still 2nite lol. Ill post what i get an what not any1 know gud temps 2 start at an tine wise how long i shud go so i dt burn up ky stuff.

Ok so this is my first run of some highbrix Black Cherry Punch 5.11 grams at 200°f for roughly 2 min an only had a lil tiny blow out i think. Also i notice its kinda runny an dnt tack up so well is thts cause it was from fresher buds or do i need to let it dry out some.

Back
Top Bottom