Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

its kinda runny

Gratz taking the plunge! Maybe too moist, most folk press at 50-62% RH. Of bigger concern is the paper you used... you can put that right back where you found it before one of us come flyin over to your house to burn it!

hehe JK, it's all good, you just need something that doesn't absorb. If you cool it it should harden enough to pull some off.

Oh forgot pics or it didnt happen lol.
Gratz taking the plunge! Maybe too moist, most folk press at 50-62% RH. Of bigger concern is the paper you used... you can put that right back where you found it before one of us come flyin over to your house to burn it!

hehe JK, it's all good, you just need something that doesn't absorb. If you cool it it should harden enough to pull some off.
Yea i fukn jus found out tht was the reason i didnt wana use the wax paper so figured the parchment paper work but of course not it workd like shit lol. So what kind of paper shud i get?

Oh forgot pics or it didnt happen lol.

Yea i fukn jus found out tht was the reason i didnt wana use the wax paper so figured the parchment paper work but of course not it workd like shit lol. So what kind of paper shud i get?

Look for silicone coated parchment or PTFE (teflon) coated paper. From many previous posts, it appears 'Oil Slick' is the gold standard, but very expensive.

Stay away from Terp Proof. I tried it as they claim it's re-useable. It's not. It usually rips the first time you attempt to use it in a rosin press.

I use "10M Non Stick Parchment Paper Silicone Baking Mat Roll Kitchen Tool Greaseproof for Cake Tiner Toaster Oven Microwave" purchased through Amazon's Canadian website. I got some in the other day:

full

Non Stick Parchment Paper for Rosin Press
Each roll makes about 65 15 x 30cm (6 x 12") sheets for 3" x 5" plates, so the cost is about 31¢ CAD per squish.

There's been lots of discussion here about what to use. Others will chime in with their preferences, or you can use the search function to find other suggestions.

Burns super nice :slide: had to step back though and didn't finish it in one sitting. Good news is I have some tasty leftovers. :yahoo:

And you can still type also ? You are my new hero hahaha

I've decided for my next pressing session not to use filter bags. Instead, I'll mix the ingredients for my capsules, and run that through a filter bag to remove the remaining bits of vegetation. That will save a heap of cash I can use for something else.

I've decided for my next pressing session not to use filter bags. Instead, I'll mix the ingredients for my capsules, and run that through a filter bag to remove the remaining bits of vegetation. That will save a heap of cash I can use for something else.
I’ve been thinking the same thing.

@Blazinjones that’s a great squish for the first one. It takes a little practice, but you’re definitely on your way. I use Raw parchment or the Costco “cheap” stuff. Also, you’ll want to experiment with temps. You smashed at 200...try 180 for fresh stuff and go up from there. I like my weed dried, not necessarily fully cured for the first squeeze, but dry for sure. While curing, it’s best to try and keep the RH somewhere in the 60s...mine are never at perfect RH, but it helps significantly. I use the bovida packs to try and keep it up...pun intended. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh yeah and...I’d hit it!:hookah:

Look for silicone coated parchment or PTFE (teflon) coated paper. From many previous posts, it appears 'Oil Slick' is the gold standard, but very expensive.

Stay away from Terp Proof. I tried it as they claim it's re-useable. It's not. It usually rips the first time you attempt to use it in a rosin press.

I use "10M Non Stick Parchment Paper Silicone Baking Mat Roll Kitchen Tool Greaseproof for Cake Tiner Toaster Oven Microwave" purchased through Amazon's Canadian website. I got some in the other day:

full

Each roll makes about 65 15 x 30cm (6 x 12") sheets for 3" x 5" plates, so the cost is about 31¢ CAD per squish.

There's been lots of discussion here about what to use. Others will chime in with their preferences, or you can use the search function to find other suggestions.

I tried this paper also and find that raw, parchment paper doubled up is more user friendly for me . ..I'm going to give this paper another go today and double check :)

If you use a c clamp with your pre press you shouldn't get a speck of 'debris' ! Slow, steady pressure

Good luck :)

full

Well shit i know u make sum very nice end product an so i figured go to the master gramps since u wud know 4 sure lol. So y change what u no works for sure ill jus have to find the usa version cuz im the shity state of wisconsin lol. Buy yea man off to the zon now to see if they got if the local dollar is out or sumthn or dnt carry it. Figured i already have 2 go there for sum more 10 gal totes i need aslo lol. Which i get 2 totoes for the price of one round1 frn the hydo store. Then i can uppot my last few HB girls that are more then ready for new/bigger homes an really needing a bigger home transplant. Then ill prolly be doing more pressin once im dun running around 2day an can relax lol.

I’ve been thinking the same thing.

@Blazinjones that’s a great squish for the first one. It takes a little practice, but you’re definitely on your way. I use Raw parchment or the Costco “cheap” stuff. Also, you’ll want to experiment with temps. You smashed at 200...try 180 for fresh stuff and go up from there. I like my weed dried, not necessarily fully cured for the first squeeze, but dry for sure. While curing, it’s best to try and keep the RH somewhere in the 60s...mine are never at perfect RH, but it helps significantly. I use the bovida packs to try and keep it up...pun intended. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh yeah and...I’d hit it!:hookah:

Awesome man now i need to get a dam dab bong lmao. But yea off to do more squiching quick b4 i leave 4 the day an maybe then ill b able 2 take some rosin with me 2day lmao. An thanx so much for the info ill definitely be getting some new stuff again lmao

I use an Irwin. I'll be making 14gm, 40mm cylindrical pucks.

I don’t know what that is? Irwin
You clearly are more experienced than me , I max out at 4 gram pucks .. I recover more yield with my wee 10 ton dab press when I do smaller pucks than I do making a big mess with larger pucks .
I’m special
Haha
Namaste!

The Virgin Coconut Oil was more expensive than the processed liquid oil.

For my previous batches, I used the liquid oil (President's Choice) without the lecithin. The capsules all seemed to hit the same.

The test batch I made last night seem to hit a little harder, but they all seemed to hit equally.

Today I made up a batch of 116 capsules with only the GDP rosin (and oil + lecithin) in it :)
I also re-heated the previous batch and put it into capsules. I got 107 capsules from it.

The small nug jars will hold more than 150 size 2 capsules.

Am I mistaken, I thought the Lecithin was suppose to make the oil more compatible with how your using it.

Am I mistaken, I thought the Lecithin was suppose to make the oil more compatible with how your using it.
It’s a binding agent. I believe it helps with evenly distributing the THC molecules throughout the entire mixture. That’s a guess. I do notice I get high a little quicker with lecithin added. Maybe that’s psychological...I’m a freaking placebo! :laugh:

I believe it also aid in getting THC across the blood brain barrier.

The reasons I've read for adding the lecithin are increased bio-availability of the cannabinoids, and an extended active period. The hows and whys are immaterial to me. I'll that longer, harder hit and run. :laugh:

full

WINNER WINNER , chicken dinner ! This is easier than RAW paper @Old Salt ... looks dirtier but the puddles just flake off :adore:

I’m so mad right now thou I could spit , I was spinning the resin retrieved in a small silicone container and it flew into outer space and I’ve lost it .. grr . Glad I only did 2 , 3 gram pucks!
Time to medicate .

DC4F40C1-741B-4250-8AC6-25796ECB2699.jpeg
EB7BA35D-8744-4A43-B3F7-1507417BB2C5.jpeg
54277D8B-31D9-462D-AAB6-88FB3842D6B1.jpeg
45A66552-E62E-4BBE-93F9-93669CE1384B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom