Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Soon as I’m done I will roll the resin off my gloves into a ball and then thin it out into a line to go in my next joint. Lol

Lol I still do the gloves in the freezer thing. But I just take what I can easily get from them and Chuck the rest.

Awesome! I’m glad that helped a little. Just keep experimenting and you’ll have it down quickly. Then, you’ll harvest a new strain and start over...LOL!
Thanks I have several strains to work through with more coming...my perpetual setup is great but I'm starting to drown in buds. Never thought I would have a problem with too much bud.....

I tried a squish of a GG#4 crossed with snake venom. It's called spitting cobra.... tasted like a tire that ran over a cheap bar of soap :eek: bleugh.... but great high though

Thanks I have several strains to work through with more coming...my perpetual setup is great but I'm starting to drown in buds. Never thought I would have a problem with too much bud.....

I tried a squish of a GG#4 crossed with snake venom. It's called spitting cobra.... tasted like a tire that ran over a cheap bar of soap :eek: bleugh.... but great high though

its nice when you don’t have to worry about weed. It’s really nice now that we can squish it.

This is more orangey with a twist of lime and a hint of dirt...doh! I’d love an orange cream. I bet that didn’t last long.

There appears to be a whole scientific scene going on with rosin. LOL! I’m going to take a stab at this, but please realize I’ve only just touched the surface. This run, with this particular weed, I decided to try a little lower temp. I started pressing at 210*F; but my temps might not be correct. I’ve been meaning to calibrate, but I’m old and smoke a shit-ton of rosin... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyway, depending on a plethora of variables, including the weed and how it was grown, generally the lower the temp on the plates will result in a more stable product. Generally! We know that bud with a higher RH/moisture content will usually produce more rosin. That would leave me to believe that a higher ambient RH would be a good thing when it comes to squeezing green. Stay with me here...So, the higher moisture content will increase viscosity? Is there some organic reaction between thc, oils, lipids, waxes, terpines, etc and h2o?

Just a guess, but try even lower temp squeezes (for a little longer periods of pressure) and see what happens. Oh my...I’ve been rambling...

Grandpa’s lit again...hide the potato chips!
I'm going to guess that the higher RH bud gets steam working for it and steams more rosin out. More time steaming = more rosin?

Workout complete. I normally go straight to the flower room afterwards and check things out. Actually it was my favorite part of the day. But...No plants in the flower room...:(

My daily routine is now in need of change. Hopefully my little outdoor adventure will kick in. We’ll see how that goes. I am happy that I have enough meds for the summer though. That’s always a good feeling.

I’m thinking of making some dry ice kief, with a freezer full of trim, and then trying to pressure it into turning into rosin. Have a great day!

I’m thinking of making some dry ice kief, with a freezer full of trim, and then trying to pressure it into turning into rosin. Have a great day!

Please shoot me an update on this. I've made dry ice hash before and loved how easy it is. If I ever build a press, it will be to squeeze hash. I can't see squeezing buds as being all that efficient.

Workout complete. I normally go straight to the flower room afterwards and check things out. Actually it was my favorite part of the day. But...No plants in the flower room...:(

My daily routine is now in need of change. Hopefully my little outdoor adventure will kick in. We’ll see how that goes. I am happy that I have enough meds for the summer though. That’s always a good feeling.

Do it! :cheesygrinsmiley::high-five:
I wish I would have saved all my kief! I've seen some sick squishes with it.
Is kief cheap in the legal states?

Please shoot me an update on this. I've made dry ice hash before and loved how easy it is. If I ever build a press, it will be to squeeze hash. I can't see squeezing buds as being all that efficient.

I’ve made dry ice hash before, but never tried squeezing it. I do know that dry sift or bubble hash will make a better product when squished, but I’ve heard if you only squeeze the 30 seconds to a minute minute of the shake the quality goes way up. Quality is what I prefer, but I’m not wanting to go through all the work of a full ice water extraction and then press. Plus, I don’t have pounds of trim. Also, I may have to combine trim to make enough which will make some crazy rosin.

I’ll be in the laboratory...

Is kief cheap in the legal states?

There’s not a damn thing cheap about weed in North America. In my state they TAX medical marijuana for fuck’s sake! And, this state has no sales tax! They don’t TAX opiates...imagine that.

Sorry...I hate politicians.

There’s not a damn thing cheap about weed in North America. In my state they TAX medical marijuana for fuck’s sake! And, this state has no sales tax! They don’t TAX opiates...imagine that.

Sorry...I hate politicians.
Preach botha! :laughtwo:

Okay...I probably won’t be doing that again. I failed miserably guys. Or, I suck at it. Anyway, I thought I had 25 micron bags, but they turned out to be 45 micron. I think I should have squished at a lower temperature...lower than 175F. Some of the kief didn’t look bad, but OMG...the squeeze is nasty.

It tastes like someone—other than myself—threw-up dirt and candy in my mouth...while wearing too much perfume... GAG ME! It’s powerful shit, but I can’t hit it... I literally wretched. I think I’ll put this in some olive oil capsules.

I’ll go back to making bubble or quick wash with Everclear. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom