Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I thought I was going into town early, but my wife informed me that we’re not leaving until 2 o’clock this afternoon. Doh! I’m always the last to know wtf is going on in my house.

I decided to go ahead and do my workout. I was able to walk for an hour on the treadmill at my normal pace and incline (3.2mph / 3.5%). I still have a little foot issue, but not too bad. Walking is an obsession with me since the heart attack. Now that I can, and more importantly want, to workout it gives me serious angst when I can’t do it. Just the thought makes me feel a little uneasy.

Fortunately, all seems to be good. Heart is still pumping...no left arm pain. Yay!
I probably wouldn't go then lol!

Curious, what cloning solution do yous guys run in them cloners? I never figured out if I should use what I use for my cubes or not, but I've always wanted to clone this way, but could never get it quite right.

Curious, what cloning solution do yous guys run in them cloners? I never figured out if I should use what I use for my cubes or not, but I've always wanted to clone this way, but could never get it quite right.

I use clonex gel to cover the bottom of the 45* cut, right after I take it. In the cloner I use clonex cloning solution; I put 60ml in 2 gallons of RO. My RO water PH’s to 5.5-5.9 on its own after I put in the clonex. My biggest recommendation for success with a cloner like this is to use new neoprene holders every time. I tried washing and reusing them, but noticed a much higher failure rate. And, as with a lot of dwc, keep everything clean.

I use clonex gel to cover the bottom of the 45* cut, right after I take it. In the cloner I use clonex cloning solution; I put 60ml in 2 gallons of RO. My RO water PH’s to 5.5-5.9 on its own after I put in the clonex. My biggest recommendation for success with a cloner like this is to use new neoprene holders every time. I tried washing and reusing them, but noticed a much higher failure rate. And, as with a lot of dwc, keep everything clean.
I was literally just looking into this @Grandpa Tokin. I attempted to run the cloner I have but never set it up optimally. Thanks for the recipe. Cut/Dip in Clonex Gel/Neoprene/Bubble in Clonex Solution, Voila. After how many days should we begin to see new white roots protruding from newly cloned stems?

How many inches tall would you recommend taking a clone at and how far should the clone stem be submerged?

I was literally just looking into this @Grandpa Tokin. I attempted to run the cloner I have but never set it up optimally. Thanks for the recipe. Cut/Dip in Clonex Gel/Neoprene/Bubble in Clonex Solution, Voila. After how many days should we begin to see new white roots protruding from newly cloned stems?

How many inches tall would you recommend taking a clone at and how far should the clone stem be submerged?

Excellent questions!

1. After how many days should we begin to see new white roots protruding from newly cloned stems? On older plants like my GG4 Mom i normally start seeing root-nub development in ~14 days. This particular run, I had little roots starting on 2 cuts in 11 days.

However, on a young plant from seed I’ve had roots start in 5 days, but it’s usually 2 weeks or longer to get one ready to go into DWC for me. In soil we could probably go quicker.

2. How many inches tall would you recommend taking a clone at and how far should the clone stem be submerged? 4th node or after is what I go with. I also like to cut my 45 right below a node. That’s just me, I don’t know if it matters.
My cloner is a spray cloner so the stems are not submerged. The clones are suspended in the air (there may be some close to being submerged but it’s not intentional) they are constantly being bombarded by spray so there’s no need.

Make sense?

I also like to cut my 45 right below a node. That’s just me, I don’t know if it matters.

I take mine right through a node when I make the final cut. I "suspect" there may be auxins or other useful hormones there.

How large is your outdoor greenhouse? Just curious as I am considering putting one in.

It’s 6 x 8. 7 foot tall at the center. Small, but good for my wife and I. I’m taking it over a little, but she hasn’t said anything yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wanted to do the same thing. Greenhouse grow looked fun! Then I bought a small plastic greenhouse... And then a random storm apeared... And then yeah, the neighbours a few blocks away got a new torn up little greenhouse.

I was actually quite worried about that very same thing happening. It’s bolted to the platform and then I put cable wire over the top to winch it down. I love my little greenhouse. We’ve had this for 5 years now. Up here it’s nice to have. We use it mostly for seedlings and starts for the vegetable garden and my wife actually grows tomatoes in it. I grow weed...imagine that.

Back
Top Bottom