Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I'm guessing ya'll didn't get stuck on shit burning details. 55 gallon drums full of feces and diesel fuel and one lucky Marine to get to stir it as it burns! Thats a memory that never goes away!

Its weird...not sure if anyone else has ever experienced this....but every once in a while I get a bud that just tastes like shit compared to everything else that the same plant gives. Its like WTF is this? Did I really grow this? I will get up, go grind a different bud and smoke it and it will be fine....but that one rare bud is just freaking nasty. I had it on a Blueberry strain and one other strain I can't recall. Anyone ever get one of those rare nasty tasting buds? One had me damn near gagging.
Burning 55 gallon drums of diesel and feces.....damn, mad respect for you!!! :adore:@Van Stank . Much respect to you too @Grandpa Tokin . Being a helicopter pilot has to take some big balls. :adore: .....also, That tub of glue looks ridiculous!:bravo::welldone:

Today is a beautiful day here. 75F and not a cloud in the sky. Took a break from my regular workout routine...I’m skipping leg day. The worst day to skip, but I got a minor foot problem to deal with. I bruised it somehow. Anyway, normal chores are in my plans for today. That is all. Have a nice day.

Today is a beautiful day here. 75F and not a cloud in the sky. Took a break from my regular workout routine...I’m skipping leg day. The worst day to skip, but I got a minor foot problem to deal with. I bruised it somehow. Anyway, normal chores are in my plans for today. That is all. Have a nice day.
it sucks getting old smoke some dab!:blunt:

I have a question about pressing dry ice hash. Isn't (small micron) dry ice hash just trichome heads, i.e. basically pure THC? And isn't rosin an attempt to arrive at the same product?

What is the advantage of pressing hash? And what's the puck made of when you're done?

Okay, a few questions.

1. Isn't (small micron) dry ice hash just trichome heads, i.e. basically pure THC? In a perfect world, yes. However, I don’t care how small the hole is, particulate shit will always find a way in the pile. Especially with dry ice. The dry ice and agitation causes heads, stems, green shit, and everything to be pulverized (my theory) so some fall threw the screen. Everyone wants the best quality so squishing it, with smaller micron bags, gives a better product...in theory.
2. And isn't rosin an attempt to arrive at the same product? Good question. Rosin has a plethora of stuff (in scientific terms) in it, ie. waxes, lipids, microscopic particulates, etc., not just cannabinoids, terpines, thc, cbd, etc. The heat and pressure just releases it all. Bubble hash gives a better product because you can actually separate heads from stems, less particles, etc. I have seen some mediocre bubble hash squished into some fire rosin. Although I sampled it, I didn’t do the work. I think, but not sure, that butane or CO2 dissolves much of the wax, etc. leaving a cleaner product also.
3. What is the advantage of pressing hash? Better product is the goal.
4. And what's the puck made of when you're done? Smashed hash. It looks like the old hash you got back in the day, but flat and dry. It crumbles, but I’m sure there’s still something good in there. I threw them in my puck jar that lives in the freezer...for later alcohol extraction.

Those are my guesses. I don’t know the exact science behind any of this stuff.

So if you're squishing bubble hash with a finer bag than your smallest bubble bag, you are getting closer and closer to pure THC rosin.

And it seems that everything should eventually get QWETted! I'd like to see that process with all the used bags.

I got a jar full. I plan on doing an alcohol extraction soon. I’ll post it up.

I just put the tangie into her curing containers. Total weight is 199.63 gm (7.12 oz). The main top weighs 9.04 gm. LOL! I’m tickled pink. Not bad for about a week in veg. DWC kicks ass! Enjoy!

Looking like you are having fun and planning a little cooking besides. Think I may be cutting some clones this weekend. She is bushing nice after the top.

Okay those tangie buds do look really good. It's almost too delicious to burn, press or soak in alcohol... Almost...

Anyway! Jesus that weight though... If I had such a harvest I would've scratched the back of my head "Uhm... Yeah. What now!?" probably would have invited you guys to smoke it up. <--- By saying this why have I a little vision of gramps sneaking away with some buds to a corner in the room and secretly pressing some rosin? I really think I made my coffee too strong this morning... Well i did put CBD oil in my coffee though.

Okay...I probably won’t be doing that again. I failed miserably guys. Or, I suck at it. Anyway, I thought I had 25 micron bags, but they turned out to be 45 micron. I think I should have squished at a lower temperature...lower than 175F. Some of the kief didn’t look bad, but OMG...the squeeze is nasty.

It tastes like someone—other than myself—threw-up dirt and candy in my mouth...while wearing too much perfume... GAG ME! It’s powerful shit, but I can’t hit it... I literally wretched. I think I’ll put this in some olive oil capsules.

I’ll go back to making bubble or quick wash with Everclear. Enjoy!

The devils rosin!

I'm guessing ya'll didn't get stuck on shit burning details. 55 gallon drums full of feces and diesel fuel and one lucky Marine to get to stir it as it burns! Thats a memory that never goes away!

Its weird...not sure if anyone else has ever experienced this....but every once in a while I get a bud that just tastes like shit compared to everything else that the same plant gives. Its like WTF is this? Did I really grow this? I will get up, go grind a different bud and smoke it and it will be fine....but that one rare bud is just freaking nasty. I had it on a Blueberry strain and one other strain I can't recall. Anyone ever get one of those rare nasty tasting buds? One had me damn near gagging.
Not yet.

I' love to be in the Rockies. The Admiral is at search for our final home out in the country though. She grew up on a farm and that's the way I love my women dammit!

Proverbs 31:10-31
A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds... Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!

Morning GT. Enjoy

Good morning Otter!

I' love to be in the Rockies. The Admiral is at search for our final home out in the country though. She grew up on a farm and that's the way I love my women dammit!

Proverbs 31:10-31
A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds... Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!

You are so correct! I managed to find a good one. I’m a very lucky guy. I get to squeeze more stuff...

Meet Grandma:

I thought I was going into town early, but my wife informed me that we’re not leaving until 2 o’clock this afternoon. Doh! I’m always the last to know wtf is going on in my house.

I decided to go ahead and do my workout. I was able to walk for an hour on the treadmill at my normal pace and incline (3.2mph / 3.5%). I still have a little foot issue, but not too bad. Walking is an obsession with me since the heart attack. Now that I can, and more importantly want, to workout it gives me serious angst when I can’t do it. Just the thought makes me feel a little uneasy.

Fortunately, all seems to be good. Heart is still pumping...no left arm pain. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom