Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

7mm? Socket wrenches in metric I have, drill bits not so much. I did the math off Grandpa's calipers and it looks close enough to 3/8" to me.

Just so it’s not too big that it leaks when you fill. Anything from 5/16 to 3/8 should do the job. Anything’s better than doing it one at a time. Before I found my board, I used a cereal box that I punched holes in with scissors... :cool:

@InTheShed - Perhaps using styrofoam for your platform would allow you exact measurements and allow you to wash as well.

@Grandpa Tokin - Check out this new feature where you can "mention" someone in a comment in your own journal and it will alert them of this particular part of the post.

That was a great thing you did for your friend and I wanted to give you REPS for your digital measuring tools, cause I love using tools myself. I want to get a digital thermometer for sure!

Your trich's are kickin' major butt! :popcorn:

@Grow2HealMe and @InTheShed that is outstanding!

Thanks G! He’s a good dude who just needed a little helping hand. He’s already taken clones, and also has a few in veg that will be ready to flower soon. I’m really happy he got so much from this harvest. My calculated eye tells me he will have well over 6 oz of very nice bud from one plant when it’s dry. I didn’t pull near that much on my first harvest.

@Grow2HealMe and @InTheShed that is outstanding!

Thanks G! He’s a good dude who just needed a little helping hand. He’s already taken clones, and also has a few in veg that will be ready to flower soon. I’m really happy he got so much from this harvest. My calculated eye tells me he will have well over 6 oz of very nice bud from one plant when it’s dry. I didn’t pull near that much on my first harvest.

When ya learn from a master your start is always good.

And it keeps our eyeballs more engaged in the site, so the sponsors love it too! Win-win :).

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is our secret plot. World cannabis domination.

Ian

In the picture below is a 5/16 bit, but it’s a fraction too small...probably work though if you ream it a little. 9/16 would be okay too. Enjoy!

If you use the other end of the calipers you will get a little more accurate on the inside diameter of those holes. .355 is 9mm (.354") or 11/32 (.34375") drill. 5/16" (.313") may be a little small while the 3/8 (.375") may be too large.

Great strain and great teacher would be my guess ;).
When ya learn from a master your start is always good.

Well, I’ll just say “I” was almost more excited than he was... LOL! That should tell you something.

If you use the other end of the calipers you will get a little more accurate on the inside diameter of those holes. .355 is 9mm (.354") or 11/32 (.34375") drill. 5/16" (.313") may be a little small while the 3/8 (.375") may be too large.

Here’s a good example of not believing everything you see in a photo. LOL! The “other end” of the caliper was used to do the measuring, but I couldn’t hold it in place—in the hole—to take the picture and see the reading because it was turned around. I had to take the measurement and then lay it down to snap the picture. As you know, you can lock-in the measurement so it won’t move. Make sense?

Well, I’ll just say “I” was almost more excited than he was... LOL! That should tell you something.

Here’s a good example of not believing everything you see in a photo. LOL! The “other end” of the caliper was used to do the measuring, but I couldn’t hold it in place—in the hole—to take the picture and see the reading because it was turned around. I had to take the measurement and then lay it down to snap the picture. As you know, you can lock-in the measurement so it won’t move. Make sense?

Makes perfect sense to me. I was just giving you some shit early in the morning on Saturday. ;)

".355 is 9mm (.354") or 11/32 (.34375") drill. 5/16" (.313") may be a little small while the 3/8 (.375") may be too large"...5/16...3/8??? You know if you yanks weren't so stubborn and just adopted the metric system you'd have the right sized drill for this.

LOL I am fine with the metric system with the exception of force. I can't equate the Newton Meter thing but you're right most Americans see cm and mm and run for the hills. :)

I spent so long in the military, being a pilot, and living in Europe for many years, I’m definitely comfortable with metric. However, for some reason I don’t have one metric bit...wrenches and sockets galore, but no bits...interesting. I even have a metric tap set. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom