Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

We'll worry about it when you get all the ingredients in your hands. Yes, you will add the kelp meal at 1-2 cups per cubic foot, not per gallon (Thank you again Cannafan). I don't want to confuse you now, but there are a few more additions for you to consider coming your way that we have not discussed yet. So once you get everything in your hands, we'll lay it all out in a structured manner to come up with a plan.

Sound good?

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Yes, CF... thank you for the clarification and good morning to you.

Heirloom... works for me. The more structured the better I like it. Thanks for taking the time again this morning. So, if math is still done the same way now a days, that would be about two cups or so for the entire soil mixture. Cool! Will wait until everything is here.

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

CF... as far as germinating the seeds, I had planned on soaking them in water for 24 hours, then placing them directly into the soil after I had thoroughly moistened it. It will go in the hole with the pointed end down, one per each pot, and no more than a 8th of an inch or a quarter inch soil covering it. I will keep the soil moist until they sprout from the soil. Then I will start the customary watering regime of allowing the soil to dry before watering again. If I remember correctly from my reading, you add water until you get run off.
I have also read a couple of places that if you score them very lightly with very fine grit sandpaper, as you put them to soak. Supposedly, it helps germination. Not sure about that, though.

I only scarify seed stock that is known to have issues germinating. Cannafan knows about that too, don't ya Canna?

Correct. The only time I scarify or scrape the seed is if it just won't pop open during the soak or paper towel. I've had to do it a time or two with stubborn seeds, and it worked...but that's only as a last ditch effort.

Grandpa's done his homework! Awesome. :)

I had plenty of time to read and learn what I can. I don't want to appear a complete idiot that has no business doing this. There is a lot to learn, actually compared to 1970s growing. Good old bag seeds
And Youthful ignorance! ;p.

Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

hi
I finally found your journal :hug:
hope all is well with the two of you :hug:

Boy, am I pissed! Thanks to our heartless and uncaring landlord that does nothing but truly worship money, we may have to move. Our rent was just increased by $60. Because of this, I have had to put a hold on things. And when I was ready to start mixing the soil, too. I'm sorry folks. Hopefully it will work out very soon, and we can't get started. Should I just close this journal out, or leave it up and start again when I am ready to get the seeds into the soil? I don't want to clutter up the forums.

Boy, am I pissed! Thanks to our heartless and uncaring landlord that does nothing but truly worship money, we may have to move. Our rent was just increased by $60. Because of this, I have had to put a hold on things. And when I was ready to start mixing the soil, too. I'm sorry folks. Hopefully it will work out very soon, and we can't get started. Should I just close this journal out, or leave it up and start again when I am ready to get the seeds into the soil? I don't want to clutter up the forums.

You certainly aren't going to clutter anything here, the place is huge. Please stay in touch and keep us updated on how you are and how things are going if you can. I'm sending prayers that everything will work out for you. Maybe when it's all settled the place you choose will be even better than where you are now.

I'll watch for your posts for sure. Good luck!

:circle-of-love:

Thank you, CF. We have spent a lot of time in prayer, and when we get confirmation from God, it will ensure that what we have come up with is what He wants. No matter what. It will take some time to get it all taken care of.
In honesty, after everything that's happened, I am surprised anybody is still with this grow. From the other thread to this one... I know there's been a lot of delays. I certainly hope everyone can hang with me until I get THIS one out of the way. God bless. :circle-of-love:

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! Things are finally getting worked out. Our issues with the landlord has been resolved with a lot of negotiation. I feel a lot like Donald Trump.. LOL. We are going to have to set everything back up again, and I can start mixing the soil.
One more stop at Lowe's to pick up the container to mix soil in and some 4 to 5 gallon square pots, and then we'll be ready to soak the seeds! Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts! :circle-of-love:

:hug: God is good :hug:
I was so happy for your last comment.

GO soak them already !!! :)

:circle-of-love: :cheer: :circle-of-love:

You've made my day Grandpa!!

We are so looking forward to this. Please know if you have any questions, even if it seems silly to you, just ask us! There are no silly questions, and what may seem simple to us is not necessarily understood by new growers. We're here for you every step of the way.

We love ya, and say hi to the Mrs.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom