GrizzWalds - Aussie Indoor/Outdoor - Choose Your Own Adventure

Re: Grizzwalds - One Plant at a Time - Starting with Spiritual Punk - Coco/Perlite -

What is that?

Re: Grizzwalds - One Plant at a Time - Starting with Spiritual Punk - Coco/Perlite -

Leaves have turned white.. Only on that one little lower bud.. I'm thinking maybe the flush, straight tap water.. I had to get to work , then wait for lights to come on to feed. Maybe something with chlorine?... Checked the plant, no where else yet... ????

I would have thought light bleaching, but you say it's a lower bud. I'm stumped.

Def not bleaching... I have been testing it though, I've got the lights at around 8-9" but nothing... Can't find anything that looks similar to this & I've never seen it before.. Wish I'd used some h2o2 with last feed, I could blame that, lol.... And it's not light deprived either....

Yeah, that is very strange. What does google say?

Nothing... From what I can find, no pics though, some dude had same thing on one branch, just made for weird looking plant. I don't know though.. I'll try and get some sleep and hopefully wake to no more of this nonsense, lol....

Maybe just some unusual genetic expression.

Maybe just some unusual genetic expression.

What I originally thought....some type of variegation perhaps.

Apparently not the first time this has ever happened:

VariegatedCannabis.jpg

Just when you think you've seen it all.....

EDIT: So just to make sure, this is still the Northern light x Mazar "Spiritual punk" from Samsara? I want to research that line to see if I can find others, as well as try to determine which side it came from. That's an interesting mutation. Could start the next 'purple' craze, could be something to avoid.

I found a little info on the white leaves. Just another possibility to ponder. Lacking chlorophyll? Here's a clip:

Albinism In Cannabis

Albinism is a genetic disorder which causes the afflicted to lack pigment in their appearance. So basically, the outer appearance will be washed out, lacking of the normal hair color, eye color, and skin color. Albinism comes with multiple problems for human sufferers, including the loss of eyesight and a higher risk of skin cancer as well as extreme sensitivity to light. Sometimes, it can even lead to immune deficiency and leave the afflicted far more susceptible to disease and infection. Sounds pretty shitty, right? This disorder effects all species, including plants. This includes our beloved Mary Jane, which can absolutely suffer from plant albinism, which effects the amount of chlorophyl that the foliage produces.

This was on Stonerdays dot com and just search for Albinism.

:)

Edit: just read camo420grow's post. We're on the same track. LOL

Lights on and I was going to take a couple of pics under the LEDs..
I turned the pot around to photograph one of the bigger colas and I see this... WTF... Thought it was mould when I saw it under LEDs...
image35042.jpg

I've seen it before... It's called variegation. kinda cool... it's a recessive gene, and it's something I wanna look more into breeding for. I think It's absolutely beautiful. like having a purple phenotype, but only it's white... Only problem is that the white parts do not photosynthesize, so there is less food production for the plant going on in the white parts.

Jandre is probably spot on there, I see the variegated leaves now as I look a little closer at the pic.

Personally, despite the obvious lack of essentials it needs....I would love to have one do that just for the photo opportunities!

:laughtwo:

Def not bleaching... I have been testing it though, I've got the lights at around 8-9" but nothing... Can't find anything that looks similar to this & I've never seen it before.. Wish I'd used some h2o2 with last feed, I could blame that, lol.... And it's not light deprived either....

:thedoubletake:jandre2k3 response sounds logical. It's beautiful to me. LED....why so close?

Thanks for the responses... It does look cool, especially once you rip it off and it's not mould, lol... I shat when I saw it under leds, it looked different...
Stage, I'll have to write why I've journaled this plant ..started as a bit of an experiment this grow.. So as it grew, I just pushed things to see reaction.. Nutes I'm using are also three year old opened bottles, that I had forgotten about, lol....
And yeah it's still the northern lights x Mazar, samsara, spiritual punk.. Wonder if I emailed them if they'd know about the "gene
Magic Jim, where did you find that? Looks crazy....
Jandre, you think you can stabilise that gene? Have like a little signature come out during the grow... Thc would be effected though, by Not absorbing the nutrients required for optimum growth?

I knew somebody here would know... assembled is a well knowledged group.... Camo, pushing and ease.. I ripped out my fans, and I've got 2w intake computer fan, 20w fan blowing across plants, 15w exhaust.. It funny looking to the side and seeing 60w inline fan, silencer, carbon filter, most my shit I'd have running, just sitting in a corner, waiting to be used again...

Thanks for the responses... It does look cool, especially once you rip it off and it's not mould, lol... I shat when I saw it under leds, it looked different...
Stage, I'll have to write why I've journaled this plant ..started as a bit of an experiment this grow.. So as it grew, I just pushed things to see reaction.. Nutes I'm using are also three year old opened bottles, that I had forgotten about, lol....
And yeah it's still the northern lights x Mazar, samsara, spiritual punk.. Wonder if I emailed them if they'd know about the "gene
Magic Jim, where did you find that? Looks crazy....
Jandre, you think you can stabilise that gene? Have like a little signature come out during the grow... Thc would be effected though, by Not absorbing the nutrients required for optimum growth?

Well...I thought it might be veriegated so I just googled Varigation Cannabis. Google helps me when my spelling is effed up.

Here's link to search results

Back
Top Bottom