Grow Challenge! All Welcome! Solo Cups & Autos!

My seed is also in! Here's the cup
420-magazine-mobile1877490374.jpg
420-magazine-mobile37467834.jpg
420-magazine-mobile13739084.jpg
. I've made drain holes only on the bottom and very low on the sides. The seed is white widow auto by Dutch Passion. For my medium i got a lil experimental. The bottom inch of the cup is perlite, I'm hoping this will prevent the holes from plugging up. The top 1.5 inches is regular pro mix. In between those two layers is a "failed batch" of soil I made this spring. This spring was my first time making my own soil (saved about $800). I experimented with many blends and the last one before the one I ended up using has been sitting in a bucket. The soil is a lil on the hot side, it drains but not super well, it compacts a little but not in to a brick, and if left alone in my shed it grows mold. So here's where my brain box is goin with all this. I dropped my seed about 3/4 of an inch down in the promix. I'm hoping the seedling will grow for a couple days and hit the hot stuff. My theory is that the soil will slightly slow the roots but not hinder them to the point of troubles. Im A rookie, especially compared to some folks on this thread. My measurement for success is this, if I grow a plant that produces smokeable buds before it dies a cramped death, I am considering it a personal win . I'm stoked to be in on this! Thanks to grimreefer83 for starting the thread and for making it an open invitation. Best wishes!

So the big day is here. I decided to go with a dwarf auto and blue cheese auto. It's will be in 50 percent coco and 50 percent perlite. 18 hours on and 6 off under 600w led. I will be using the ff trio along with advanced nutrients. Soaking in a shot glass now and will plant tomorrow. Thanks and good luck everyone

Good luck everyone ! Let's hope for 100% germination .
AZ, did you drill any drainage in the mug? Nice strain choice, keen to see her go!
Awesome combination of strains, techniques, mediums and nutes. Will be a great run!

Well I had my cups all set up; hydroton in the bottom and holes ready for sprouts. Seeds in zee cup just a soakin. Went to get some coffee and noticed the coffee cup I had been using for soaking was cleaned...can't complain since typically cleaning my dish is thoughtful :( ugh, down the drain they went. Maybe next time. DOWN THE DRAIN lmao :oops::rip:

I still want to do a solo cup grow lol, this round I am sitting and watching from the sidelines. ENJOY:nomo:

I've just spotted this thread.
I got a whole heap of free beans with my last order, one of which has just gone for a swim.
It's a grand heft auto - Dr. Krippling seedbank. Had no intention of growing them so why not!

Strains/breeder: Auto BubbleGum T.H. Seeds
Auto Jock Herrer x Auto Amnesia XXL(mine)

Medium: Doc Bud's High Brix Blend(DBHBB) kit soil

Nutes: DBHBB

Lights/watts: Sol - 174,000,000,000,000,000, or 174 quadrillion watts

IMG_94465.JPG

seeds soaking

Edit for sound effects!!

Muwahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

hey ziggy i like your set up are those going to stand on there own when they 3 feet tall,lol

Hey everyone! I'm a little late getting my seed started since I had a minor operation this morning at the hospital. I meant to put the bean in a cup of water before I left this morning but certainly wasn't thinking about that at the time. So the bean went into the water at about 1:30 pm Saskatchewan time :)

Here is some info I have started for you.. I will get some pictures later of the container I will be using when I am able to get around a bit better.

Strain: DinaFem - White Widow Auto
Container: Roughly a 24-26oz pot with humidity dome (filled with 18oz medium)
Medium: Promix HP with about 25% more perlite added in and thin layer of coarse/chunky perlite at bottom of cup for drainage and a peat pellet will be used for sprouting
Lighting: 4x54W T5's until 2 or 3 days old - 1200W LED panel + outdoor sun
(I will be moving the plant back and forth from inside to out likely as long as it doesn't badly effect the plant. Outside at times when it's nice and not so windy, I live on the prairies so it's windy most of the time)
Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series trio + additives (complete line except floralicious plus)
Water: Reverse Osmosis water and whatever rain it may collect while periodically outside

Once this WW bean has been soaked in water the rest of the day I will place it between 2 moist paper towels on a plate with another plate on top mostly covering it while allowing air in and keeping humidity up. I set the shotglass of water as well as plate on top of my internet modem for warmth. Once it has cracked and taproot is peeking out I will place it into a peat pellet until it's above ground then straight into the container after that.

So here she is in the bag and then in the cup of water. I will get the rest of the pics up later or by tomorrow! Best of luck everyone, and most of all, have fun!

SAM_5058.JPG
SAM_5059.JPG

Mouser's Entries

Mouser's Entries!

Well, I got home late from work so Im a bit late to the gate....Going for a 3-fer of Sweet Seeds offerings in Solo Hempies. Just put the candidates into the paper towel and set it above the veg light.

20170615_175923.jpg

I give you: Devil Cream, Bloody Skunk, and Red Poison.

:passitleft:

Let's the games begin.
Strain: Trainwreck auto from Cks
18oz blue solo cup with drainage holes
1/2" perlite at the bottom rest Ffof
Under mars 2 400 and mars 300
I soaked the seed for 12 hrs then put in between wet paper towel.
420-magazine-mobile1921967051.jpg
Better keep ur blue cup away from my red cup. You don't wanna be responsible for a party cup gang turf war do ya? .

Better keep ur blue cup away from my red cup. You don't wanna be responsible for a party cup gang turf war do ya? .

I got some green cups I could throw into the mix haha Look out red and blue! lol

Back
Top Bottom