Growing Against Alzheimers - A Purely Organic Experience

Glad that everyone is enjoying my journal. Oil questions are welcome to be discussed here.

I'm going through a really tough day, I'm staying in my bubble right now. Be back tomorrow. Big sigh

Hope you get back to feeling better G2HM. Sending you positive vibs!! :green_heart:

Thank you dear. It's all relevant to your journey, isn't it? I always love checking in and finding a conversation going on in my yard. It makes me feel like I made the place a welcoming space. :battingeyelashes:

Rest darlin'. :hug: :love:

InTheShed, I use 100 grams of dried bud in place of the 400 grams of wet. You're correct in your assumptions, that's 400 grams wet, after being washed and hung to dry for four hours. That spinning works so well, but I keep forgetting and cutting the branches too short to do so effectively. :laughtwo: I'll have to make a sign to remind myself next harvest. LOL!
Hi Sue, I'm Blazin Waffle. You and G2HM have me pretty jacked for my upcoming outdoor harvest!
I'm planning on doing FHO with one full plant
I'm not a huge fan of EVOO, so I searched for other long chain fatty oils.
2 popped out to me, and I was wondering if you had an opinion on either of them.
Avocado Oil and Hemp Seed oil.
Avo has the heart healthy triglycerides, like EVOO and hemp seeds oil has Omega 3
(Note: 12 min have passed)
As I was looking into benefits of Omega 3....I think it answered my question.

17 Science-Based Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
(G2HM, check out #10!!!!)

I guess my question has changed.
What do you think about using hemp seeds oil for FHO?

Hi Sue, I'm Blazin Waffle. You and G2HM have me pretty jacked for my upcoming outdoor harvest!
I'm planning on doing FHO with one full plant
2 popped out to me, and I was wondering if you had an opinion on either of them.
Avo has the heart healthy triglycerides, like EVOO and hemp seeds oil has Omega 3

Excellent question. I don't have an answer for you.

I made Concentrated Cannabis Oil from my first harvest. Almost burned the stuff. Anyway it was all messed up although I dabbed it to begin with. Later I mixed what was left with Grape Seed Oil for ingestion. I'm fairly certain it's a long chain fatty oil.

I know nothing about the chemistry or absorption within the body. Just thought I'd toss it out as an option. All I really know about it is that it worked for my specific purpose which was recreational. The buds were White Widow which is always a plus.

Get better G2HM. Prayers up as always. :love: High five for the hubby. :high-five:

Growing Against Alzheimer's - A Purely Organic Experience

Happy Brain-aversary!
:high-five:

It was 2 years ago this month that I experienced a brain attack which changed the way I think forever. And it's been 1 year of fulltime rehabilitation that included Cognitive Behaviour Therapy classes, Occupational Therapy and Counselling which has changed the way I interact with the world forever.

Hi, my name is G2HM and I have a rare form of Alzheimer's called Frontal Temporal Dementia at the young age of 44 and welcome to my Grow & Brain Rehabilitation. :Namaste:

IMG_2357_cbd_fresco.jpg

I started growing modestly just two months before my first brain attack happened. After spending the rest of my life savings, I had no clue that I just bought myself a second chance at living. How did I know?

I'm so relieved to tell you that I have been training my brain since March 2016 and witnessed huge positive results in my life. I went from accepting my death, to now planning consecutive grows to fulfill my list of medicinal needs. What a massive victory so far, it's like winning a world cup. I'm still reeling from it.

I was diagnosed Nov 14, 2016, a year after my serious memory loss. The doctors refused to believe I was impacted, but I would not take no for an answer. I insisted that my doctors seek further scans and then we found it. That "no" got me a diagnosis early enough to confirm my instinct that my brain was deteriorating. What if I had waited, I would be in a "home" right now. Makes me shake my head.

According to the medical system, I should be hospitalized by now in full time care. And before I started growing, I was reading hospice pamphlets. But thanks to the help of my medical team and 420 family of brainiacs; their help makes up for the cognitive challenges I face daily.

My grow has become the link to my lifeline. Not only have I studied over 5000 of 420 hours last year; but I have shared the gratitude I have for being alive across this forum. As long as I keep growing my own medicine, I feel I have a legitimate chance at beating this thing. But it's not going to be easy, in fact it will be death defying.

I initially came here for help with my dying plants, and now I'm here experiencing a second chance at life. I have a lifestyle that my brain craves and adapts to, this is my office of healing affairs. This forum constantly challenges my executive functions, like planning, organizing, writing and reading through journals. Which in turn builds new brain cells, which ends in a harvest specific for my needs. 

These journals sharpen my project management skills I USED TO have, in fact, they never left, somewhere in my brain I am making progress and linking to old working management skills I thought I lost, just by posting journals of my progress weekly.

I can feel the difference after 1 month of not posting journals, it's incredibly difficult to make sentences logical right now, so it's taking triple the amount of time. But this just motivates me to regain my momentum of higher learning.

This is bringing back standards of work that I didn't have 1 year ago. Luckily all my journals are keepsakes of my progress in hopes to inspire other Brain patients to seek out CBD/THC Oil as primary dosing alternatives.

Every journal post I create allows me to make up for knowledge I am losing from having a Neuro Degenerative Disease. For every piece of advice someone gives me; I am regenerating brain cells and preventing Frontal Temporal Dementia aka Alzheimer's from taking over my entire life. Feedback is very welcome, but not obligatory. Just be you.

Even though I believe my fate is written, my dying wish is to never speak about death in my journal again. My mind is incredibly hyper sensitive to words, concepts even negativity. This journal is my sanctuary and if anything happens to me, I want it to emulate hope and inspiration, not death and sadness. I recognize I may not be able to avoid death, but I'm living right now, must not switch realities and keep focusing on everything that is positive. No more tears, no more fears!

The outside world reminds me constantly of what's in store for me, I have even planned my own funeral with my honey as I went bankrupt and lost my business that took 11 years to build. I am living against the odds, and will be the underdog until the day I die. I'm not afraid to stare down the barrel of a disease, especially if its' pulling the trigger. There is always hope....and Cannabis.

Let not failure be my legacy, for I will not let ALZ anger and confusion manifest in my rolodex mind, preventing the flipping through my life, as words no longer evoke the smile from a memory we take for granted every day. On the flip side, I am experiencing the best time of my life, I'm legitimately happy. Every morning I open my eyes, it's another day to spread the joy I feel for growing and oil.

To be frank, the only hope I have of staying alive and AWAKE is to surround myself with better people and better meds. That's not a bad thing at all. This journal will keep me on task, even if I forget my address on a daily basis, I know this is truly my home. The sun does shine brightly in this forum, I'm honoured to have found a community that I fit in, because of the person I am, my positivity is here to stay.

I have eliminated lots in my food plan, including but not limited to, SUGAR/SALT, fried foods, most meat, most gluten, pop, pizza, chips, my favourite caramels in the world. It was all good while it lasted. Sugar overload is one of the leading causes to early onset dementia.

Now I must maintain a level of good body health to effectively change my brain for the long term. I eat butter flavoured rice cakes like they're going out of style, and my body loves them. I am still pre-diabetic but my blood pressure is normal, so we'll see what happens.

There is so much good happening from my last journal, super fantastic people and a journey that has changed my life. It was hard to end it, but now it's updated and we continue on. Just remember you are reading about the most traumatic and fantastic part of my life; there will be glitches, problems and relentless ambition to overcome adversity.

Anything shorter than a miracle, just won't do, but let's laugh and have fun the entire way. Being happy is half the cure. Growing meds is the other half of the cure.

This is my legacy and welcome to it... ;)

------------------Get Growing---------------
:love:

100% Organic Garden of Healing by Grow 2 Heal Me

:welcome:Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to continue my new purpose in life.

Growers Mission: Slow down degenerative neuro disease through the processes of growing green medicine. Stop the entire disease from further brain damage through the protocols of oil dosing and Neuro Genesis. 

Purpose:-Retrain my brain and exercise my executive functions through cognitive tasks.

Neuro Degenerative

Diagnosis:-Test results are in...but are not the final diagnosis.

"...these findings are worrisome for a frontotemporal neuro degenerative process. The differential include frontal variant Alzheimer's disease. Clinical correlation is needed. (12 page Occupational Therapy Assessment completed Jan 2017) Consider psychostimulants to augment frontal lobe function and cholinesterase inhibitors to augment hippocampal function.

"

Novice Grower:

1.5 years of growing my heart out. I've got one major harvest under my belt after 3 previous attempts. Thanks to help of the 420 forum, I am able to learn from others through screenshots and challenge myself to be better each harvest. Now that I have a proper harvest under my belt and have created my first oil batch; I know that my instinct was right. This is the best thing I could've done for myself, but how did I know to follow this route?

Accomplishments:
:circle-of-love:

*I learned how to grow while battling a brain disease in my early 40's.

*I built my own "veg" area out of wired cubes and hung T5's.

*I have a "flower" area now.

*I am a retired soccer player and live my life through good sportswomanship values.

*I have the confidence to speak to people about growing in supply/seed shops.
*I have just passed my 2 year benchmark of having this disease and I'm still getting better.

Tech Specs & Plant Details
(please excuse any errors I'm still learning)

What strains have I experimented with:

1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - Vancouver Seed Bank - July 2015

2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015

3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015

4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015-

5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016
6. Kushie Kush — Canuk Seeds — 80/20% - 2017
7. Quarter Pounder Auto — Canuk Seeds — 20% Indica — Sativa 80%-2017
8. More to come...why stop there? 
*I have Dinafem, Barney's Farm & Dutch Master coming up!

Medicinal purposes only:love:

Seeking different strains for different pains. I am targeting clear-headed strains that are predominantly Indica-CBD but with optional 20% Sativa blends. I want to capture that uplifting euphoria without triggering ANY neuro-trauma that most doctors claim Cannabis primarily does.

I'm studying and researching everything and anything to do with OIL and the healing compounds it takes for brain retraining and neuro genesis processes. The reading never stops, learning must happen every day.

There is an alternative to neuro drugs, if the Scientists listen to brain patients more. I am not a Cannabinoid educated Doctor; I am a Cannabinoid educated patient who has hit the wall with the medical doctors.

I don't want to waste away waiting for doctors to care for me with more chemicals, it just won't happen, get over it! I must create my own success, as long as I stay true to myself.

As I wait patiently for Canada to be the 2nd country in the world to legalize Cannabis in Aug 2018; I have to stay alive to see this happen. That and the 2018 World Cup soccer...lol...what a summer that is going to be. Goals are important...in more than one way...lol.

------------

ALL INDOOR Organic GROW--------------:love:

Vegetation Area & Flower Area 

Soil Accessory: Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.

Growing times: 18/6 hr for auto, 18/6 hr for photo veg — 12/12 hour for flower — super important to remind myself.

Soil: Promix — BX/HP — Worm Castings — 2 cups of Organic PROMIX Vegetable or flower. I only use organic nutrients and supplements so I'm careful not to pad my soil with too much premixed soil. It's enough to make sure my plants get something in case I'm sick and I can't get to them.

Supplies: 10 inch — Self Watering Pot * Veg area only-
2.5, 3 & 5 Gallon - Self Watering Containers * Flower area transplants
*I will be doing a new tutorial on the self-watering pots I have improved.

Lighting situation...

1. Perfect Sun Dwarf Star

2. Germination & Veg lights: 2x 39 inch
(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping/FIM. 

Yes, air-cooled during the day with fan, but not at night because it's cooler at night naturally here.

Veg Temp of Room 22-25 DC
Flower

Temp of Room 24-28 DC

Humidity ranges from 45-56 % for veg

PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 — 7.0 ph balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy.

Any Pests ? 
HUGS NOT BUGS. Happy to report no bugs...

How often are you watering? 
Once or twice a week now in veg state, or up to 3 times in rapid veg stretch growth depending on the strain.

Type and strength of ferts used? 

Organic - GO

— Root Booster *new to my lineup

- BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 — 5 ml/litre)

— Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 — 5ml/litre)

— CalMag+ (10 ml/litre)

— Bio Bloom
— (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre)
- Bio Bud *new to my lineup

------------WHY?--------------

Thesis-- To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. I would also like to prevent further deterioration/ALZ on my brain through fresh harvested oil, made with my own hands.

Must Improve:

1. Language aka Growing Processes.

2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.

3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.

Enhanced abilities:

1. Music

2. Innovation & Motivational Speaking Projects

3. Driving

4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!

5. Garden Management
6. Creativity, Poetry & Puns

Goals:

1. Accept my new state of being.

2. Make friends and stay social.

3. Grow the best organic medicine to stop the terminal brain diagnosis.

4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of technique & inspiration.

5. Document my journey with grace and laughter. Have fun!

6. Use my past Athlete and Coaching experience to retrain my brain and use sportswomanship values and ethics at all times. I'm not afraid to hand out red cards! HAHAHAHAHA

-----------Let the brain experiment BEGIN!

----------:love:

(Recently updated previous detailed explanation from previous journals to maintain continuity — feel free to bypass)

Experiment Details: To help you understand the barriers I face, here is just a brief quote of symptoms/results that I am addressing on a daily basis. This is updated every journal for accuracy. 

*NEW Regression

1. I can't remember if I wrote a specific letter that I found in my email, we have determined I have written it, with a specific date, but I cannot remember typing it up for the life of me, still. This was substantial enough to investigate it with my therapist and note in my file.

2. I had a fugue state shopping at Walmart for gardening supplies. I completely forgot where I was and panicked because I thought I was at Cdn Tire. I had no idea where I was or how I got there and my husband had to remind me and calm me down.

3. My memory fog has slightly increased since stopping my last journal, not remembering that my husband just handed me a drink, I put it down, then ask him for my tea again, again and again. Repeated odd behaviours like this are still continuing but we are still laughing them off. It's HIGHlarious, you gotta laugh.

4. I have started to have random leg spasms at night. Uncontrollable flexing that cause tension in my soccer muscles. I am able to stretch and walk, but this is something fairly new that started in the last few months. 

*Old Regression to grade 4 behaviours, asking for recess sandwiches from grade 4, speaking the odd French word or phrase instead of english. In grade 4 I was in French immersion, so I am remembering conversational French now. See previous journals for reference.

-----------More barriers to overcome------------:love:

Headaches - Headaches are my biggest enemy, but my migraines feel like I'm wearing a shrinking helmet.

Speaking Difficulties - I stutter when I can't find the word I need to say. I slur my speech after a huge day of brain activity.-When people interrupt me, I don't care to get my point across because I've most likely forgotten what we are talking about.

Confusion — I am experiencing confusion in day to day conversations. Can't count the times I have forgotten what I've just been talking about. It takes away from my credibility and makes me feel dumb. In most casual conversations, I don't actually understand what the person is telling me, so I fake understanding and laugh and move along the way in order to avoid awkwardness on my part. 

Knowing that I have a cognitive barrier, I use screenshots to learn how to grow and make oil. What some people may understand, it may take me a month to understand. But I am great with visuals and lots of patience to problem solve. Ice on my head will help during these times.

Changes in Personality - I am hypersensitive and over apologize for everything. I question my every move still. I don't care what people think of me as much because I'm focused on staying alive. Nobody gots time for dat!@

Dizziness - I have spatial issues, bumping into things and dropping my drink, are making me slow down when doing physical things. There has been no improvement yet, but I think the more severe symptoms will take a while to be affected by the oil. I still believe I can recover my sense of balance.

Difficulty Processing Information — Must stimulate my 5 senses daily in order to stay active. In order to keep my brain functioning, I have increased my learning curve and have achieved roughly 5000 hours of 420 study in one year. This is 3x more than my previous learning goals before this disease hit.

Because I'm still high functioning but with brain damage, I continue study and research because it's the best way to regenerate brain cells and is a familiar process to me. If I can regenerate FASTER than the degeneration, I should be able to stop ALZ or prevent it from getting worse. Fighting fire with knowledge, creates new cells and gives me power.

When people talk to me, it's very difficult to remember everything they say. But if I have a visual cue I am able to solve problems. Being on the forum has allowed me to read at my own pace without anyone detecting how long it takes for me to truly understand.

Recently, Soulful growers have been writing up tutorials in their own journals to help me learn and understand the point they are trying to teach me. Such a blessing, random acts of kindness keeps the sun shining all day. Despite the long feel of 2 years in this grow brain rehabilitation; I'm still researching scientific terms that relate to Neuro Genesis that even baffles my husbands' understanding. I'm on the right path.

:Namaste:

Wouldn't it be ironic IF I was to beat ALZ by studying it and learning from it?

:Namaste:

-------------HOW?---------------:love:

This is how I plan to attack ALZ and learn to address my biggest brain deficiencies. :love:

1. Headaches (Confusion, Dizziness & Speaking Difficulties) — CBD/THC OIL

2. Language aka Growing Processes (Confusion, Headaches, Speaking Difficulties & Changes in Personality) — Read out loud the posts to learn how to speak without a stutter.

3. Math aka Formulated Nutrients (Confusion, Headaches & Speaking Difficulties) Posted up a feeding schedule that takes away the guess work and requires simple arithmetic in my brain.

4. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks (Headaches, Confusion, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Journaling is the best task to initiate overall regeneration of the brain.

5. Socially Awkward to Social Butterfly (Confusion, Depression, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Socialize with growers the way I want to be treated. With respect.

Your support will help me get through one of the best and biggest traumatic experiences in my life. Can't hide the crazy happening, I can only make the best of it and make FUN of IT.

---------------TAKING RISKS----------------:love:

But in the end, I'm going to pretend I'm an athlete training for the FIFA World Cup Football (soccer) and any previous injury will be overcome because of my passion for the grow game. Let's get to the Russia 2018 World Cup; how many people wanna predict that Russia will be on the podium in the top 3 because of their doping scandal. Hope I'm not "Russian" it. Too soon? Stop it brain!

Oops, I meant to say, I hope to train my mind with the discipline of the Athlete I used to be and the Coach I hope to be. 

I can't wait to overcome another year of massive challenges and adversity in order to spend one more day with you guys, with the horses, I mean my husband, but not in that order...lol.

We are all family after all...I really missed my 420 family of Brainiacs scoring goals against ALZ.

Thank you for helping me save my life, and making me laugh every day! No biggie LOL

GROUP HUG, I MEAN HUDDLE!
:love::circle-of-love::love:

IMG_1996aE.jpg

:Namaste::thanks::hug::hug::hug:

Wishing you all the best that life has to offer. We can all beat this!!!...

@SweetSue *answers

All caught up. Know what I love about being around you? You have me rolling on the floor with laughter all the time. :laughtwo:

*I love making people laugh, I'm glad I could make you smile.

The clones are kickin' it girl! :high-five: You're developing an eye for that shot that'll win the gallery contest. Good work.

*Thank you, I am figuring it out, one clone at a time. I appreciate your keen eye for the greenery.

Awwww....thanks. :hug: Let me do my best to be brief. :laughtwo:

*brief is such a non-word...lol.

Hahaha! I lick up more than 5 ml when I play with oil. I use bread to clean up the pots. :laughtwo: I'll admit I have a higher appreciation for the stratigraphic euphoric experience. LOL!

*I just don't want to be responsible for people taking too much oil. Even though I do finger swipes after making oil too.

I'm mighty impressed with how much you've learned, how bravely you expose yourself for the greater good, and mostly how your writing has improved. Girl......

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

*Thank you SweetSue, it's amazing how much info I'm retaining compared to when I started. Oh great, I'm improving from your POV, that's good news to hear. Really appreciate the progress reports from a pair of fresh eyes.

You visit my Threads thread, look at that long list, and decide I must be too busy. It's a common misconception, fueled mostly by my proclivity to be everywhere at once. :rofl:

Let me say this slowly, so you all can hear it.

I....am....never....too...busy. :circle-of-love:

*Okay, well the perception is that you're busy doing great things, and it's hard to pull you away without interrupting all that you are doing. I will try to change my perception, but my brain is just hardwired like this not to bother people about my problems.

I'm honored to be welcomed into this loving circle you attract. I'll take this spot on the floor, if you don't mind. Stopped sitting on furniture over two years ago. Something flipped in my brain and suddenly I had a new habit. :laughtwo: The brain is a marvelous piece of biochemistry. Thank you for being so passionate about learning how it works, and sharing what you learned.

*Awwww shucks SweetSue...:thanks:

Wait...there was more. :oops:

*nooooooooo hahahahaha

You can do coconut oil capsules. They just get solid in the fridge. Olive oil won't go solid in refrigeration, but storing them in the fridge keeps the seeping down. Olive oil loves to seep. Lol!

*I don't get any seeping with my olive oil batch, which I store in a cool dark place, not the fridge.

Any cooked oil is best stored in the refrigerator. This limits the possibility that it'll go rancid. Short term it doesn't matter. Light and heat matter more. My daughter keeps her week's worth of capsules next to her computer. I keep all of mine in the fridge.

*good info,

The lecithin will speed absorbtion - read that to mean will speed onset. Once you strain the oils, add the lecithin, mix throughly and refrigerate for 24 hours. This allows the lecithin to encapsulate the oil-bonded cannabinoids. That's the "magical" step to better oils.

*It is also a natural supplement for brains...who knew? lol

That, and making your oils with fresh buds, or something closely akin to fresh. Frozen meets this definition.

*Best oil I EVER made.

You can definately help them. They'd appreciate the heads up. :battingeyelashes:

*already did, they said they'd get back...;)

That would be 1 ounce wet, if you're making FHO, but at 28 grams that's a light oil in my world. The measurement I use for the FHO that forms my family's base meds is double-strength, 400 grams of wet buds to 500 ml of EVOO. So I'm using 400 grams to that 28. The regular recipe uses twice that amount of olive oil.

*good to know

FHO infuses as well as decarbs, and it's incredibly labor intensive. We're exploring ways to get the quality without the work. Low and slo-dried buds appear to be the closest, and a dehydrator looks to be as effective and dries a harvest in like three days. :laughtwo: I know, crazy, huh? But it works.

*There are so many different ways to get to the same goal, I love oil for this.

The method G2HM shared is a new variation on the theme, and apparently a rather effective one. :battingeyelashes: One of the delights of cannabinoid therapies is the many ways to reach the same goal - inspiring the ECS to get back to the business of spontaneously healing your cells.

*I have created a new variation of this theme, yes you're right SweetSue, thanks for the acknowledgement :Namaste:. I have condensed my notes and am currently writing out an oil procedure that I'm calling "OILzheimers" method. I have created this variation of the scientific thread "FHO" processes, by taking the same concept just making easier to do for Caregivers of ALZ and patients who have ALZ. It's not going to be THE BEST outcome, but it is a close runner up for sure. Which in turn can be used by anyone who has a neurodegenerative disease or a severe disability. I know it's not going to be the superior most effective methods used in your group SweetSue, can't argue that.

*But my modified "OILzheimers" method will allow people with brain challenges to help themselves and that is the most important thing. Giving independence and confidence back to the person who needs to control their own health and can't afford 24,000$ a year in pills (that would have cost me) the medical field suggests. Sooo, just trying to make this medicine accessible to those who need it the most. Plus I'm regenerating cells at the same time as researching, I looove this subject of oil, my eyes are wide open to what can be done here.

Olive oil gets absorbed into the lymphatic system. Most inflammatory disease is treated by the immune system, and the doorway to that system is the lymphatic system.

For serious disease, you want to avoid the liver, and since the lymphatic system and the circulatory system intersect, you can use olive oil as a sneaky way to get into the system and gain time as they seek out cells that need their help.

Coconut oil oil gets absorbed into the bloodstream, after passing through the liver, where delta-9 THC will be converted into 11-hydroxy THC, and you get much higher. If that's your intent :woohoo: You also lose some of the medicinal qualities you often take THC for, like the ability to tell cancer cells to commit suicide for the good of the community.

Not all THC passing through the liver at any one time gets converted. It'll be back through again, and enzymes will have another chance. The circulatory system is very efficient. :battingeyelashes: We have competitive inhibition practices to help distract the enzymes further.

Coconut oil oil is also chosen when the disease you're treating is in the liver - the first stop for the medium-chained fatty acids like coconut oil, or for concerns that benefit from coconut oil. This sounds like one of those cases.

*Also coconut oil is the most highly recommended oil for treating Alzheimers symptoms. So I will also be making this oil to test it on me compared to the awesome progress I'm experiencing from olive oil. So we have another reason to explore this avenue further. Yaaaay more research.

Yes. It means you have to bring it back to room temp before you use it, unless you're using it in capsule form, in which case it doesn't matter. But yes, store all infused oils in the refrigerator. I love the taste of the infused coconut oils. Well, most of them. :battingeyelashes:

*Good to know

Twelve pages of love and joy. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this?

*I had to light a match under this journal so we can fight ALZ but I'm it can only be done through love and joy. And mostly humour will keep us sane through this insane situation. Thank you!:thanks:

Here you go, G2HM. Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions.

HashGirl's Canna Cream Recipe - Take 2

Have a great day!

:circle-of-love:

*Thank you so much for your recipe. REPS!

My beloved grandfather died from Alzheimer's. It's such a horrible disease. I hope with all my heart that your mission will be a successful one. I'll follow this journal with great interest

*We will fight in memory of your grandfather too. I will take a dropper of oil special for him. DONE! I hope this mission is successful too for obvious reasons and sincere motivations. :welcome:

Ooo they look beautiful G2HM! Very happy plants :circle-of-love: Glad to see all is well in your world

*Thank you HS, I'm squeeking by on this run of clones, looks like I am learning so much too. :thanks:

I have a wet weight/dry weight question. If you were using 400 grams of wet (and I'm guessing that means wet after washing and 4 hours of hang/spin dry), what will you be using for your new recipe with the low-and-slow or dehydrator-dried buds? Buds tend to lose a large % of their unwashed harvest weight when dried (and a greater % if they are weighed after washing), so how will you be calculating a grams/ml ratio with the dehydrator buds?

Enquiring minds want to know! Or at least I do ;) I can post this to the FHO journal if that's a better place for it though.

*Glad you brought this up, I love that we're discussing oil here. I stand by my new variation method and that is to measure 1 ounce of decarb, instead of wet or cured bud, in order to have a similar potent oil. Which I will measure next time to see how many grams that actually turns out to be. Great discussion everyone.

Thinking about ya .

*BIG HUG, thanks PW

Thank you dear. It's all relevant to your journey, isn't it? I always love checking in and finding a conversation going on in my yard. It makes me feel like I made the place a welcoming space. :battingeyelashes:

Rest darlin'. :hug: :love:

*I completely agree with you. :thumb:

InTheShed, I use 100 grams of dried bud in place of the 400 grams of wet. You're correct in your assumptions, that's 400 grams wet, after being washed and hung to dry for four hours. That spinning works so well, but I keep forgetting and cutting the branches too short to do so effectively. :laughtwo: I'll have to make a sign to remind myself next harvest. LOL!

*Good to know...;)

BIG HUG you guys. :Namaste:

These are a pleasure to be..hold, and share.
��

420-magazine-mobile1204494160.jpg

Puppy��

PUPPY WINS every time...awwwwwwww!

PUPPY wins!

What FP said! lol

Hope you get back to feeling better G2HM. Sending you positive vibs!! :green_heart:

*Thank you VS, slowly coming back to my (ab)normal self. :thanks:

I'm planning on doing FHO with one full plant ������

*OMG BW...great find!!! Okay this explains my progress as well. So glad you found this information. REPS!

Excellent question. I don't have an answer for you.

I made Concentrated Cannabis Oil from my first harvest. Almost burned the stuff. Anyway it was all messed up although I dabbed it to begin with. Later I mixed what was left with Grape Seed Oil for ingestion. I'm fairly certain it's a long chain fatty oil.

I know nothing about the chemistry or absorption within the body. Just thought I'd toss it out as an option. All I really know about it is that it worked for my specific purpose which was recreational. The buds were White Widow which is always a plus.

Get better G2HM. Prayers up as always. :love: High five for the hubby. :high-five:

*Great to know, thanks for dropping by and sharing that. I made sure to high five hubby. BIG HUG:thanks:

We'll be here, when you are ready.

*:thanks:

Wishing you all the best that life has to offer. We can all beat this!!!...

:thanks::welcome: *Great that you joined up, now you can get oil information that you need. Welcome!

As always, you are in our prayers, GH!

*Big sigh, Thank you grandpa...:thanks: Such hard work daily to deal with things. Nothing worth it life ever came easy. Love your stories btw. Gripping:bravo:

*Thank you everyone for the well wishes, let's start working on the Awakening Alzheimers videos. Let's start changing the world, one hope at a time.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Yay we missed you lady take in some sunshine!! So where you saying the coconut oil will help with diseases in the liver?? If so thats really neat! I can drink more beers then right?? Kidding lol.. .

Awwwwww, shucks Toasty, I missed you guys too. I'm back in the sunshine just slow and low today. But I'll get better. ;)

It was SweetSue who wrote that, I just know that coconut is a primary oil to treat ALZ.

Hows the oil treatin' yah Toasty?

HAHAHAHAHA yah, drink as much beer for me as you "can."

Hi 420 family...:love:

I will be posting my notes for EPISODE 1 - Awakening Alzheimers in my weekly journal post later today, just have to format my own writing. If it weren't for spelling and grammar in Word my thoughts would be hard to decipher. ;) I'm a little slow today physically so typing is a bit slower. But I'll get there...keep on truckin' no matter how I feel. :Namaste:

Ohh gotcha.. good to hear! Low and slow isnt a bad thing!

The oil has been treating me very well.. ive been sleeping like a dream!

Sweet!!! The beers will be had tomorrow.. i had too much oil tonight haha

HAHAHAHAHA that is so funny, but good news nonetheless.
As of last night I've increased my dosage now to 5ml x4 daily and it's more consistent now with my ups and downs. Also my physical self needed more pick me up since the days are getting shorter. Please sunshine don't go away, I need you. Guess I'll spend more time with my plants and LIGHTS...;)

What’s Update – 100% Organic Garden & Brain Rehab – Oct 12, 2017

:welcome:Welcome to my Grow/Brain Rehabilitation Journal[/B]

WELCOME to all new oil slickers!

Dear 420 family:

Here are my notes for the first video of the “Awakening Alzheimer’s” webinar series. Now before you read, we always want to apply our knowledge to the goals the we set today.

Goals:

1. Create an easier way to make oil for caregivers and patients of ALZ & Dementia.
2. We want to create a dosing protocol for ALZ.
3. We want to find strains that already exist that would help combat ALZ.
4. I want to create my own strain that will target ALZ and extinguish early signs of dementia.
5. Destigmatize ALZ as a death sentence, show results as a new way of living with ALZ comfortably.
6. Prove Cannabis is the most effective way to treat Neuro Degenerative Diseases.
7. Show our results with the world.
8. ANY MORE GOALS WE CAN ACCOMPLISH? Please share your thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Alzheimers Day! – Sept Thursday 21 – 2017

Episode 01 | Getting Started: What You Can Do Today To Halt & Reverse Alzheimer’s & Dementia
With Lee Euler & Peggy Sarlin

*What to expect:

“Life-changing info, such as...
• How medications can create FALSE Alzheimer’s symptoms.
• The inexpensive superfood that can reverse memory loss.
• The link between sleep deprivation and Alzheimer’s.”

For the caregivers and patients…

This is all preventable. There are so many good years ahead, if we take advantage of these findings.

Medical Turnarounds – *An Alzheimer’s physically dependent-wife to independent entrepreneur restores the confidence in her voice again. *A 71-year-old regained memory like she was in her 30’s, back to full time work. *Suicidal patients making a full comeback.

1. DETOX yourself in case meds are causing confusion. Some elders are on 20 pills there are adverse effects causing the body to fail. Please do this under the dr’s supervision. Check for medicines that may impact the brain as well.

2. Many family doctors don’t know about this. Diabetes also causes dementia along the way. There is a saying, “Alzheimer’s is type 3 diabetes.” This diagnosis IS overwhelming – due to having an insulin deficiency or insulin resistance.

*Frontal Temporal Lobes become resistant to insulin. 50% of Alzheimer’s cases can be prevented, by lowering our blood sugar immediately. NO SUGAR!!! Sugar spikes our insulin which leads to Type 3 diabetes right before Alzheimer’s. This can give instant results.

“Over medicated and high blood sugar are top instigators for cognitive deficiencies.“

“People ARE beating this disease right now.“

3. If you don’t get enough sleep it damages the brain over time. Lack of sleep builds up sleep plaque in the brain. (Personally… life-long PTSD prevents me sleeping through the night, ie I’m afraid of being attacked in the dark.)

*REM SLEEP DEPRIVATION – prevents good brain health. Light therapy helps patients to expose them to an extended day time, to help prevent agitation at night, insomnia, sleep breaks, restless leg syndrome etc.

4. Infections – A-symptomatic – Don’t ignore it (bladder, sinus, candida, IBS) Yeast infections causing these. Post nasal drip,

*CANDIDA
*Lyme Disease is a medical condition with similar Alzheimer symptoms.

“Breakthrough treatments are available now and that makes this a dawn of treatable Alzheimer’s disease.”

5. Coconut Oil as a treatment??? Patients have tried this and most have seen some improvement; a few have said they notice complete stabilization.

*But it’s up to the Patients’ overall health that needs to be considered.

This disease has touched so many lives and not in a good way. Many have lost people in such a terrible way. Many doctors have experienced this loss. They were inspired to learn more and now motivated to help others access these treatments.

Alzheimer’s is very distressing, makes you unable to reach the person. You watch a global deteriation. Unable to recognize their own family members. Stop the loss, it’s a tragedy, and they want to make these new discoveries available for free. (WHAT took so long geeeze!)

“You can now do these treatments and therapies so it stabilizes patients and even recover from regression. “

The major problem is…everyone is AT RISK; the medical system will tell you there is no cure or management of the disease, yet it’s preventable. You will hear it’s a death sentence when really it’s completely manageable.

-------------------------------Footnotes---------------------------------

“*CANDIDA - Candida-and molds are fungi.-Candida, molds, and food intolerances all cause an allergic response. The patients with these sensitivities/allergies develop intestinal and mucosal edema (swelling), slowing their food transit time and allowing greater absorption of calories, retention of fluid, and intestinal inflammation.”

“>>Factoid: 85% of your immune system cells reside in the gut. To that end, the gastrointestinal system plays a key role in immune-regulation and activation of tolerance mechanisms.”

----------------------------------Additional Research--------------------

>>Original Premise - Cannabis is in your DNA!

Cannabis Is In Your DNA - YouTube

-------------------------------WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?----------------------------

My humble garden of positive change awaits you…

What am I grateful for?-“my husband who encourages me to keep going”

Quote of the week:-“One step at a time. 

Excerpt from my book that I'm writing: “The resistance towards becoming dormant makes us become fighters. Fighting for the freedom, have we not served our penance.”

--------------------------------

1. Type:-Kushie Kush CLONES ( Mother Born March 4, 2017)

Week:-12 veg / 2weeks flower (Flipped to flower Sept 27, 2017)

Days:-98 (Clones cut June 8 – 22nd = 13 days to reroot.)

Temp:-24

RH:-46%-

Strain:-Indica

Technique:-Cloning, 1 Top, HST & LST (no cloning powder or aids used)

Comments:

Going through the flowering transition from veg. Plants are holding tight, not yellowing too much. That big huge clone needs more nutes per serving, but the other two are rocking.

Also, these 3 clones are part of my experiment to train these plants in 3 different ways to divide the energy. Which plant do you think will give the best harvest not taking size into consideration?

Kushy Kush Clone #1 – 2 - 3 - self-watering pot 

IMG_2934a.jpg

------------------------------------------

2. Type:-CBDream (making more oil)

Week:-9

Days:-63 

Temp:-24

RH:-44%

Strain:-Indica

Technique:-2 tops & LST

Comments:

She’s a beauty. I plan to take about 6 big clones of her when the time is ready. I’m getting the pots ready to put the clones into so I can fill this room up with CBDream. I want to take bigger cuts of clones in order to cut the veg time down and transition into flower sooner.

IMG_2922a.jpg

*Thank you for reading and giving feedback.

My great grandmother had Alzheimer's too! I wish I could go back in time and help her.....at least we know about medical marijuana now and patients have a fighting chance against this terrible disease!

Back
Top Bottom