Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

PH = mothers 5.8, clones 6.0
PPM = mothers 1500, clones 950 (well water = 600)

Not a lot to report. They are in the oh so interesting veg for a couple weeks stage.

The one thing I can report is that clone B1 has popped roots out of the net pot!

7-18-12_30_.JPG

7-18-12_29_.JPG

I have to say that I love the simplicity, low cost, great product and great customer service @ BPN. Corey rocks!

I heard a member was growing , i believe it was dill, to prevent infestation... I wish I could recall who but I did read in a journal.

-TG

Great job so far! With the buckets, I'd eventually do your res changes weekly instead of every other. Once they start flowering, they drink water and deplete nutrients fast. The small "res" size on buckets sometimes leaves little room for error that way.

I like that you are experimenting and having fun. Thats the way to do it, imo. Looking good!

And as an 'official' mini update.... Clone B2 now has roots out of the net pot. 2/3 so far. The 3rd is still hanging in there looking like it is trying. Sure is taking it's sweet time to decide what it's gonna do.

i got to agree with the res change more often, i do 2ltr dwc hempie and when i put the new nutrients in the res withing a few hours the colour has gone out of it and all thats left is clear liquid, i dont have many roots in the res just yet but its still drinking all the nutes, plus last time round my hempies was drinking a whole res every 36 hours, my res was the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle just with the lid cut off where the bottle goes smaller, then the top piece sat in the top on the roots hung in the res, they then drunk it really quick, to me it seemed to drink more out of the res then any of the plants i had in soil it was like they was drinking more because it was easier to drink, they sure was thirsty

PH = Mothers - 5.7, Clones 6.3
PPM = Mothers - 1440, Clones 1030 (600 is well water)

Okay! Things are looking very good, IMHO. Anna & Bonnie are filling out nicely. Nothing much going on with them except increased PH swing and transpiration. Nothing surprising there. I have added some plain water over that last few days, and later tonight at lights on I will give them a gallon of nute solution. It has been 1 week on this solution, so I will be doing a nute change in 3 more days. Well, actually I am going to go ahead and N starve them for 3 days, starting in 3 days. Whats the best method for me to N starve them with my setup? A new solution using 1/2 strength part A, full strength part B? Anyways, after that I will take 3 cuttings from each mother and start the first real round of clones to start filling up my perpetual. Speaking of clones......

..... B3 has finally rooted! I noticed it last night. 100% success on my very first attempt at cloning MJ! What a pleasant surprise! 19 days and they are ready to be stepped up to 5ml/gal.

So off comes the dome. The nutes are getting spent. I adjusted the PH down to 5.9 from the 6.3 it was at. They will get a new solution in 3 days when I'm messing with hydro nutes. As I just said, I will be bumping them up to 5ml/gal of each part of that Awesome BPN 2 part. Thanks to Corey @ BPN, even a semi-retarded cave dwelling troglodyte like me can get it right!

From left to right are B1, B2 & B3....

Just a couple pics to share.

First, this is a pic of my unfinished area. Storage right now, this might be a mother room, might be more veg room. I don't know yet.

Second, this shows the doors open to the different chambers.

Third, the product line up for now.

Fourth and finally, some tools of the trade.

Congrats on your cloning success! While I agree that it's an idea with much merit, I don't "N starve" before taking a clone. Jandre does I think - you may want to ask him for specifics on that. You can clone successfully without it no prob too, but I'm sure it helps a bit to speed things up. Your plants don't look to be overly high in nitrogen anyway, at least from the pics. if you are feeding a SOG though, it's probably a great technique to learn.

Cool, thanks Xlr8! The pictures come out a little liter green than they really are, but you're right, I'm not pushing them to their max on nutes. I successfully cloned the first 3 with out messing with the mothers. I'll drop by jandre's if I don't hear from him here in the next day or two.

:peace:

ROFL Troglodyte!

On the N Starving, for running SOG it really does speed rooting of cuttings. 19 days is a little long when thinking of the veg time and turnover of that style of grow. Taking a mass cutting, rooting, vegging, flowering, then turnover is very fast, so shaving 9-13 days off rooting is a boon to anyone growing in this style.

Granted: some strains root very fast, and others just take the full 21 days no matter what you do, but I have noticed, at least with indicas, it was taking me about 12-15 days to see roots. When I started N Starving, I noticed roots in 5-7 days, which meant I could start vegetative growth and vertical training much sooner. Of course, a power failure killed all those clones, but I still had a bin full of babies at full BPN 3-part (Crazy Growth) nutes 16 days from taking them from the mother.

My method:

Remove nutrient reservoir, flush the bins to waste, replace with CLEAR WATER reservoir for 3-5 days. They will lighten somewhat from the dark green that BPNs provide especially at the new growth. This is when to take the cuttings. Take cutting from everywhere you want. Bottom roots faster, but tops start growing faster when it comes time to veg. Remove fresh water reservoir, and replace nutrient reservoir filled with fresh nutrients from BPN.

I usually wait until the end of the res (low solution level) to switch out for water, that way I'm not wasting the BPN awesomeness.

ROFL Troglodyte!

On the N Starving, for running SOG it really does speed rooting of cuttings. 19 days is a little long when thinking of the veg time and turnover of that style of grow. Taking a mass cutting, rooting, vegging, flowering, then turnover is very fast, so shaving 9-13 days off rooting is a boon to anyone growing in this style.

Granted: some strains root very fast, and others just take the full 21 days no matter what you do, but I have noticed, at least with indicas, it was taking me about 12-15 days to see roots. When I started N Starving, I noticed roots in 5-7 days, which meant I could start vegetative growth and vertical training much sooner. Of course, a power failure killed all those clones, but I still had a bin full of babies at full BPN 3-part (Crazy Growth) nutes 16 days from taking them from the mother.

My method:

Remove nutrient reservoir, flush the bins to waste, replace with CLEAR WATER reservoir for 3-5 days. They will lighten somewhat from the dark green that BPNs provide especially at the new growth. This is when to take the cuttings. Take cutting from everywhere you want. Bottom roots faster, but tops start growing faster when it comes time to veg. Remove fresh water reservoir, and replace nutrient reservoir filled with fresh nutrients from BPN.

I usually wait until the end of the res (low solution level) to switch out for water, that way I'm not wasting the BPN awesomeness.

its just an educated guess, but i get the feeling that doing this triggers the plant to think it has depleted its local reserved of nitrogen and in an attempt to start expanding its root system to find more, it produces more internal rooting hormone.

ROFL Troglodyte!

My method:

Great! Thanks jandre2k3! Clear water it is, starting today for 3 days. Since I am not pushing them too much on the nute strength, I assume it will only be 3 days to flush them, but will be vigilant. And I am right at 10 days on this solution so it is low and spent.

Rooting took 12-14 days (roots peeking out the bottom of the cubes). One took longer because it was a runt ANNNNND......I admit that B3 actually damped off two days into cloning. The stem withered and started to go necrotic. Because I am experimenting and learning I decided to cut it again, just above the necrotic area. I went through the same procedure in cloning. This time it took. But it's behind B1 & B2. At 19 days I had them in netties and the first roots were coming out of the netties. So I have a baseline of about 13 days to see roots at the bottom of the cubes. I'm sure healthier more mature cuttings mixed with N starving will give me under 10 days.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and sage advice!

Back
Top Bottom