Hempy Headquarters

morning headquarters

quick check in from jungle patrol ...

pic near a wk old ... getting closer. am isolated from the jungle room for safety. having to issue orders from fort st veg/clone lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

it's gonna be an interesting chop ...

Oooooo...... Dang bluter! :high-five:

Stay safe my friend. They'll be fine without your shadow for a time. And remember to remind yourself that you're a wellness-producing machine, 24 hours a day.

Oooooo...... Dang bluter! :high-five:

Stay safe my friend. They'll be fine without your shadow for a time. And remember to remind yourself that you're a wellness-producing machine, 24 hours a day.

it's the folks i'm worried about. already have / had it in all possibility .. gov isn't testing us ... :confused:

it's the folks i'm worried about. already have / had it in all possibility .. gov isn't testing us ... :confused:

They don’t have enough tests here either bluter. You have the advantage of cannabinoid therapies, a benefit many others don’t. You also have a better understanding of how the ECS works to signal healing, and I hope you know that there’s nothing, absolutely nothing that the body won’t do to heal itself.

Offer that message to your family. We are evolved to heal in the most marvelous ways, and the more joyfully you can expect to get through this pandemic the greater chance your system is swimming in the peptides that’ll block those receptors in the lungs so the virus can’t gain entry.

Expectation determines outcomes bluter. You were made to heal. The cells know the way there. Give them a strong image of the health and wholeness you expect and let them find the way there. You got this baby, and so do your folks.:hug::hug::hug:

They don’t have enough tests here either bluter. You have the advantage of cannabinoid therapies, a benefit many others don’t. You also have a better understanding of how the ECS works to signal healing, and I hope you know that there’s nothing, absolutely nothing that the body won’t do to heal itself.

Offer that message to your family. We are evolved to heal in the most marvelous ways, and the more joyfully you can expect to get through this pandemic the greater chance your system is swimming in the peptides that’ll block those receptors in the lungs so the virus can’t gain entry.

Expectation determines outcomes bluter. You were made to heal. The cells know the way there. Give them a strong image of the health and wholeness you expect and let them find the way there. You got this baby, and so do your folks.:hug::hug::hug:

i've been real careful.

my exposure is inevitable. even though we've taken loads of precautions at work.

i get enough 'micro' exposures, and have a strong enough immune system that i am not worried. i've had mild symptoms for well over a wk. nothing more. they are even lessening, and i'm not even in a "good" category. been same as i always get for everything... :)

i put my parents on infused cbd glycerin as an occasional boost to the pills they already take. i made sure to get a batch done as this was stuff was ramping. have had an instant pot pic tutorial on it ready for a couple wks but been too busy / beat to get to it.

was thinking it may help in these times ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

i've been real careful.

my exposure is inevitable. even though we've taken loads of precautions at work.

i get enough 'micro' exposures, and have a strong enough immune system that i am not worried. i've had mild symptoms for well over a wk. nothing more. they are even lessening, and i'm not even in a "good" category. been same as i always get for everything... :)

i put my parents on infused cbd glycerin as an occasional boost to the pills they already take. i made sure to get a batch done as this was stuff was ramping. have had an instant pot pic tutorial on it ready for a couple wks but been too busy / beat to get to it.

was thinking it may help in these times ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Make me proud bluter. :hug:

Everything in its right time. Right now your job is to heal. :kisstwo:

Make me proud bluter. :hug:

Everything in its right time. Right now your job is to heal. :kisstwo:

kind of surprised i don't hear much about glycerin here .. where i am when you mention the word 'tincture' that is the first thing everyone thinks of ...

is there a thread or anything i'm not aware of ? stuff is effective and delicious lol ... :p
also a bit expensive to make.

100% of all canna negative folk who've tried the stuff vote : :thumb: as well lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

kind of surprised i don't hear much about glycerin here .. where i am when you mention the word 'tincture' that is the first thing everyone thinks of ...

is there a thread or anything i'm not aware of ? stuff is effective and delicious lol ... :p
also a bit expensive to make.

100% of all canna negative folk who've tried the stuff vote : :thumb: as well lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

I haven’t seen one on making glycerin, but then I haven’t gone looking. I made one with DDA back in 2016 that I still have some of. It is a delicious and potent concoction that I tend to forget I have. :battingeyelashes:

I used the cold method, turning it multiple times a day for three months. I made my daughter an alcohol tincture before I left to relocate south, and she found it most effective for a quick response to panic away from home.

I suspect VG tinctures aren’t as popular over here because they have such a low extraction efficiency, and Americans are all about wanting it all. :laughtwo:

I haven’t seen one on making glycerin, but then I haven’t gone looking. I made one with DDA back in 2016 that I still have some of. It is a delicious and potent concoction that I tend to forget I have. :battingeyelashes:

I used the cold method, turning it multiple times a day for three months. I made my daughter an alcohol tincture before I left to relocate south, and she found it most effective for a quick response to panic away from home.

i used to make it that way as well. i ran across a crock pot method. then realized it was adaptable to the instant pot.

i got it to a simple double cook process, but the measurements changed a bit for it to work. it vaporizes and reforms the alcohol droplets during the process .. it infuses insanely well.

it used to be an 8 month process. can make it in 2 days at double the potency now.

i used to make it that way as well. i ran across a crock pot method. then realized it was adaptable to the instant pot.

i got it to a simple double cook process, but the measurements changed a bit for it to work. it vaporizes and reforms the alcohol droplets during the process .. it infuses insanely well.

it used to be an 8 month process. can make it in 2 days at double the potency now.

Have you posted the recipe you use anywhere? I think I’d like to try that.

not yet. 20g cannabis / 500ml glycerin. double cook.

can reduce each cook time to 1:30 or vary between. i have found it best to leave at 1:50 for best decarb.
changes flavor and potency.

otherwise same process

not yet. 20g cannabis / 500ml glycerin. double cook.

can reduce each cook time to 1:30 or vary between. i have found it best to leave at 1:50 for best decarb.
changes flavor and potency.

otherwise same process

So run two cycles? Thanks. :hug: I’ll let you know how it goes.

So, SweetSue pointed me to this thread as I will be learning how to grow starting May 1st, my first day of retirement.
:party:

Anyhow, I started reading the thread (I'm up to Page 2 - woohoo!) but for someone who has never grown before let alone with hempy, I have a few questions:

1. Why is it called hempy? Is hemp involved at all?
  2. Do you fill your pot with perlite only? If not, what else goes in there and what are the measurements of each item?
  3. What kind of pot should I plant in? We have cloth ones but I'm unsure if they're suitable.
I'm sure I'll have more questions but these are the ones I've thought of so far.

:thanks:

Why is it called hempy? Is hemp involved at all?

Guy on "alt.drugs.pot.cultivation" (Usenet forum) who popularized this form of passive hydroponics went by the handle of "hempy."

No.

Do you fill your pot with perlite only?

Yes. Or coco. Or perlite and vermiculite (easy on the vermiculite! - but I've seen 50:50). Et cetera.

If not, what else goes in there and what are the measurements of each item?

Gardener's choice. Perlite is stable, cheap, light (a four cubic foot bag of rocks would be unwieldy ;) ), allows for decent levels of oxygen in the root zone, but still "wicks up" a bit. Adding vermiculite increases the wicking height, but is less in regards to oxygen in the root zone. Plus, a little dab will do ya, as they say. If you're feeling particularly lazy, you can add some Osmocote Plus to your media, and then just water your plant instead of feeding/watering it. But I still had to add Epsom salt (plenty of calcium in my water, and enough must have been available). I'll probably go back to mixing nutrients if I can find syringes or graduated pipettes. Not sure what happened to them.

What kind of pot should I plant in?

One that is waterproof until you "install" (drill/melt/etc.) the hole in the side. Also, one that is not too sturdy for you to install that hole. However, being reasonably durable helps.
1585780417973.jpeg

Small (5.5 liter) Dollar Tree wastebasket.

image_7527.jpg

Five-gallon bucket.

Et cetera.

We have cloth ones but I'm unsure if they're suitable.

LOL, no.

I did put duck tape over that area before I drilled the hole. It's hard to see in the picture. Just a few minutes ago this very thought crossed my mind :laughtwo: so I banded the pot with new tape below the hole to keep it more secure and eliminate this concern.

IMG_94135.JPG

Used a small strip to line the hole.

IMG_94143.JPG

IMG_94173.JPG

Then I tested it out.

IMG_94193.JPG

No pooled water. :blunt:

IMG_94202.JPG

Why did you put a bag around your pot? And, why do some people cover theirs with duct tape and what's this about a reservoir? This is starting to sound complicated.

I'm already eyeing the hempy pots to determine the best places to poke holes for tying down. This round gets trained better than their predecessors. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for your help so far, everyone. With shopping restrictions in place, I have to shop for my supplies online. I have a bag of Pro-Mix perlite in my cart on Amazon but they only have a 9.9 kg bag of Mega Crop for $119, which seems like a lot all the way around. :thedoubletake:

I also went on the Mega Crop Canada website but they only have the 9.9 kg size as well albeit $20 cheaper.

And, I went to the Greenleaf Nutrients Canada website and they also only have the 9.9 kg size and it's about $10 cheaper than Mega Crop Canada. But, it's still a lot of nutrients. I wish I knew someone in the area who might be interested in buying a bag with me but even that would be tricky when I'm supposed to stay home. :(

Anyways, I have 2 questions today. :battingeyelashes:

1. If I can't get any Mega Crop for my grow, is there another nutrient that you recommend? I would prefer something that's easy to use. And,
  2. I was looking for a small wastebasket like the one TS posted above and found this one but it only has the dimensions not how much it holds like the one above so I'm wondering if it would be a good one since the dollar store is currently closed indefinitely:
iDesign Nuvo Plastic Waste Basket, Trash Can for Bathroom, Kitchen, Office, Bedroom, 11.5" x 6.78" x 10", Navy Blue: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

If I can't get any Mega Crop for my grow, is there another nutrient that you recommend? I would prefer something that's easy to use. And,
Jack's three two one is another fairly simple dry-mix option. The General Hydroponics Flora series is also a cheaper option just slightly more complicated in mixing and would most likely need a cal-mag supplement to go with.

I was looking for a small wastebasket like the one TS posted above and found this one but it only has the dimensions not how much it holds like the one above so I'm wondering if it would be a good one since the dollar store is currently closed indefinitely:
This will work. Any decent size bucket will work too. Really any container with a hole drilled in it will do the job. The wastebasket it cheap and a decent size to start out with. Once you get growing, you'll be able to choose a better option for your set up.

Back
Top Bottom