Hempy Headquarters

@Chris Scorpio @FelipeBlu
SOG 12 plants, 6 x 6. Was thinking 2 1/2 gallon hempy pots or should I go smaller or go up to 3 1/2 gallon pots?

For a true SOG, 12 plants in a 6x6 seems like too few. I would go smaller, like a 6” diameter PVC such as Chris does, and double the plants.

For a true SOG, 12 plants in a 6x6 seems like too few. I would go smaller, like a 6” diameter PVC such as Chris does, and double the plants.
I could do that, they will all be seedlings. I won’t have any clones. It’ll 2 strains, both compact Indicas, instead of just 1 strain, I don’t know if that’ll make things complicated cause it’s not a single strain clone in 24 pots.

edit: same breeder fortunately

Differing growth rates, differing growth patterns, quite possibly differing nutritional requirements... Yes, slightly more complicated, lol.

I could do that, they will all be seedlings. I won’t have any clones. It’ll 2 strains, both compact Indicas, instead of just 1 strain, I don’t know if that’ll make things complicated cause it’s not a single strain clone in 2
Yeah, be prepared to put pots on various levels.

I’m hoping that’s limited to just the strain and not phenos but it’s probably wishful thinking on my part

IMG_20200313_053406.jpg

Tomahawk and BlueRipper.

Hempy with straight perlite in ninety-nine cent store wastebaskets. MegaCrop and a little BudExplosion. These two side branches are getting a little cozy together.

I'm using Advanced Nutrients base range, Bloom, Micro, Grow and Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra. Hoping the pH perfect they rave on about works.

it doesn't. at least not any more so than any of their other products. make certain to ph.

Any of their other products worth while?

no

Their schedule suggests B-52, Big Bud, and Overdrive. Worthwhile or gimmick?
meh ..

replaced it all with one thing. outperforms all the AN stuff i used.

it doesn't. at least not any more so than any of their other products.

I looked at AN's three-part nutrient set back in 2011 or thereabouts. Big Mike was running BIG ads - which made sense, I suppose, as he was an ad/marketing guy at the time. One of them basically stated that General Hydroponics' three-part (Flora) series was overpriced crap, and that the AN stuff was (IIRC) something like 1/3 cheaper. I don't know if it's still the same stuff or not. Wouldn't surprise me; if you can get people to pay steak prices for hot dogs, why turn around and start cooking steak?

I compared labels and the ingredients/ratios appeared to be exactly the same, lol, only significantly "thinner" (watered down). Kind of made that 1/3 cheaper... cost more.

Guy should have run for President - he'd have tied Trump, maybe won. . . .

Hempsters we have a problem :oops:

These are not happy plants

IMGP1113.JPGIMGP1114.JPG

The theory I'm working on is their roots haven't reached the bottom yet, and they're hungry and thirsty.

They were last watered Sunday.

There was water left in the res, temps are okay.

I've just flushed out with bubbled water, and then watered to run off with nutes at same strength as Sunday.

I'll go back and have another look in an hour or so. They'll have either bounced back, or more help will be needed.

Any other ideas or suggestions/reassurance I'm all ears.

:Namaste:

More frequent watering is important at this stage. Good luck!

You're for sure right. Just been back to check on them. They're still not happy, but there might be the slightest bit of a bounce back. No photos because camera battery has just died.

Have to see what awaits me in the morning, I suppose.

More frequent watering just seems so weird. Cool to be getting my head round something new though.

Cheers Felipe!

Tape hole shut, water not to the point where your perlite floats out into the floor

This is exactly what I did last night, a small detail I left out of my last post.

This morning the girls may have improved a little, but it is only a little if anything at all. No photos, because it's morning, and I'm not doing that yet.

I'll have another look at them around lunchtime, and re-water. Fingers crossed there'll be more of an improvement.

Cheers for the help all

I was going to take a break for a bit but I decided to give a single plant run a go. This was started in a 32oz bucket, than transplanted to a 2gal bucket then to a 3.5gal and now is in a 5gal bucket. It drinks too much and takes a lot of time, I think I’ll stick so smaller hempies from now on. She’s on day 10 of flowering. All perlite medium, currently drinking about 1.5 gallons a day of 2tsp MegaCrop 1.0 with 1tsp BotaniCare CalMag+ er gallon.

D083FC6C-5DE5-4BC6-8670-00FA3B174303.jpeg

The roots before transplanting to the 5gal for flowering.
767FB75E-0AD6-402B-9D5C-11A8C170EC53.jpeg

Hempy rocks!

:passitleft:

Hempsters we have a problem :oops:

These are not happy plants

IMGP1113.JPGIMGP1114.JPG

The theory I'm working on is their roots haven't reached the bottom yet, and they're hungry and thirsty.

was this a transplant from hempy cups @Piña Delores ?

They were last watered Sunday.

holy crap, way more frequent watering. every 3 days early .. every other from mid veg forward. sometimes once a day in flower.

There was water left in the res, temps are okay.
but the ph will be killer

I've just flushed out with bubbled water, and then watered to run off with nutes at same strength as Sunday.

I'll go back and have another look in an hour or so. They'll have either bounced back, or more help will be needed.

Any other ideas or suggestions/reassurance I'm all ears.

have you got a journal up pd ? link me i'll head over if you do.. if not maybe pop over to mine to see a hempy approach. feel free to ask questions in it ..

This is exactly what I did last night, a small detail I left out of my last post.

This morning the girls may have improved a little, but it is only a little if anything at all. No photos, because it's morning, and I'm not doing that yet.

I'll have another look at them around lunchtime, and re-water. Fingers crossed there'll be more of an improvement.

Cheers for the help all

i do a flood and drain approach all through the grow.

that orange thing is used as a plug. literally allows me to do it by formula. each plant gets exactly the same amount etc.

^I also do this flood and drain tek for solo cups, but just use my thumb.

this is exactly how i do it as well. recommend this approach for clones and established seedlings. super easy, no measuring.

Evening all,
thanks for all the advice all. The swap from soil to hempy is a strange one. It goes against everything I learnt about soil but I'll get there.
was this a transplant from hempy cups

Not really there are 2 cardboard cup size pots buried in there with a little soil. After these 2 I'm aiming for hempy all the way. Just learning the ropes here, what's life without a few teething troubles.

The girls are showing signs of recovery from their ordeal.

IMGP1138.JPGIMGP1139.JPG

The one on the left is dealing with it all the best, lower leaves might be toast, but the upper ones are looking way better. She's holding them up

The one on the right is finding it harder, but think she'll pull through. Going to have a runt on my hands, but I've always had a soft spot for them.

They have been watered to flood and drain 3x today, and it's for sure helped. Thankyou @FelipeBlu, @TorturedSoul, @bluter . A lesson learnt.

I'm going to repeat the treatment manana. I know how resilient these plants can be, so fingers crossed.

As for the dreaded pH, I'm relying on pH perfect for now :oops:.

I'm sure I had Litmus paper somewhere, but I can't find it. There's not much chance of getting any or a tester at the moment, we're all on lockdown over here.

On the bright side it gives me all the time in the world to care for these plants, or find new ways to kill them.

Thanks again for the help/reassurance

Back
Top Bottom