How long left guys?

Rasta1993

How long left do you think ??

728EBA9A-725E-4D6A-B0A1-AC43221A6B7E.jpeg

1B111528-3AE7-4BB9-B06D-CC3FCC534F60.jpeg

Per @HayStack, what strain are you growing?

The colas look like they've "fox tailed" (check the Intertubes for photos and more info). Some strains naturally grow foxtails but most strains don't.

Re. when it is ready? The best indicator is the color of the trichomes. With some strains, you can judge by the color of the stigmas on the pistil. The change of the stigmas from white to reddish + the stigmas shrinking and curling can be an indicator that the flower is mature but some strains have reddish stigmas to begin with so stigma color may not be reliable.

Cloudiness of the heads of the trichomes is a more reliable indicator of maturity. My advice - head over to YouTube, search for "debacco trichomes" and watch a few of them, especially this one.

You can get a general idea of the color of the trichs by looking at them with the naked eye but the only way to see the individual trichs is with a magnifier. You can use a hand magnifier (<$10 on Amazon) or a USB microscope gives you greater magnification and allows you to take pictures, as well.

One more item - if your strain does not normally grow fox tailed colas and if those really are fox tailed (I've had one plant that fox tailed and your buds look very much like the buds on that plant), you might be in the situation where trichomes in the fox tailed buds will change from clear to cloudy but they don't change to amber. I was in that situation a couple of grows ago. IIRC, I chopped the plant when it was convenient because the buds weren't going to mature any more than they had.

Search on "what's wrong with fox tailed cannabis" and you'll get more info.

You can get a general idea of the color of the trichs by looking at them with the naked eye but the only way to see the individual trichs is with a magnifier. You can use a hand magnifier (<$10 on Amazon) or a USB microscope gives you greater magnification and allows you to take pictures, as well.
I use a Carson MicroBrite Plus, $15, on Amazon. Easiest is to clip off a little bit of bud and place it on your table, then have a look. With some practice, you can actually hold the mini-scope and look at the buds on the plant. I have also been using my smart phone which has an awesome macro lens.

happy growing! 🌱

Back
Top Bottom