How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

1) Which product of ona do you actually use ONA gel, Liquid, block ?
2) Which scent you got with ona Like Fresh Linen,polar crystal, apple crumble, pro block..... a link to the exact product wil help (on amazon or ona website). Which scent gives Totally (approx) NEUTRAL SMELL?
3) How much qty you use ?
4) How do you use it ? Do you just open the bottle and keep in the room ?
5) How long it works ? i mean like days, weeks, months etc (on basis the qty mentioned in point 3)
6) important point - How do you ventilate your room (this will give me idea on how to exactly use the product while ventilating effectively.... because too much ventilation might give out scent)

Hi Altainta:

#1 I am currently using the "Fresh Linen" Block in a jar. I have used the gel before, and had success with that also. The block is all the hydro store had available this time around.
Here's the actual product:
Powerful and small, the ONA Block removes odors in small places
(Amazon links are not allowed on the site because they change constantly)

#2 through #4: I open the jar and poke several holes in the peel off cover. With the Gel, I would use plastic containers from sour cream or other dairy products, place about 1/2 cup of the gel in it and then place the cover on..again with holes cut in the top.

#5: I have had the block in my current flower room for well over a month and it is about 3/4 used. (it's the smaller jar) The gel was in a large jar and I found it to not last quite as long as the block, but the positive about it was it could be divided up. I have two rooms, one for veg stage and one for Flowering.

#6: My room has an exhaust fan that vents out the roof. I'm sure you don't have that feature, so you will have to adapt what you can for your specific grow.

I would like to make a suggestion, because this thread is mostly about making and using the concentrated oil, that you try the Frequently Asked Questions thread to get a lot more exposure to your grow/set up questions. There are lots of members that frequent those areas to help new growers and it can be very helpful to get more member opinions/ideas and experiences.

You should post there what your grow set up is going to be, the type of room and any options you may have for ventilation and air circulation. You will need to draw out heat too, depending on what lighting you use. These are all of the things the members will need to know before they can assist you. ;-)

Here's the link to the FAQ's for you:

Frequently Asked Questions

There is also a grow room set up thread, you can post specific set up questions there too:

Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup

Hope this helps! :)

I was going to recommend the growing forums also Cannafan :). Although we grow also and give strain 'types' ect., equipment and growing times for MMJ its 'off' topic on making the concentrated oil and its uses for medicinal purposes.

@altainta; Take Canna's advice and go to the grow forums Q&A for you growing, equipment solutions. They have all your answers and then some.
1. Grow forums
2. ISO/IPA is the only carrier others from you country use and state that is their only selection. The decision to use ISO/IPA is yours and yours alone. Although not my choice of carriers now I've used it for a couple of years and made excellent oil. Butane, CO2, Hexane, light Naphtha, etc., ISO/IPA have chemicals. They use a vacuum purge to extract any trace elements left in the oil. Google 'vacuum purging concentrated oil.
3. As mentioned previously; no experience in the coconut oil process. I only use as pure of extract I can make, no additives, just concentrated oil. That is your choice.
4. Best info in the 'growers Q&A.

I agree that some of the questions are getting into grow tech vs oil tech :)

That being said, I've seen no mention of carbon filters. :winkyface:
They work very well for me.
One inside the sealed flowering room that recirculates air. That cuts the smell down some, but mostly it's there to move air around.
The second is outside the flowering room. It vents the smelly air, that leaks from the AC exhaust, out an old unused chimney.
You can smell nothing outside my house. The inside only gets bad when I have the door to the flowering room open for awhile.

Last, I considered adding ozone if needed, but there are health concerns for YOU if you use it. As long as you understand how the gas behaves, you can operate safely, but make sure you understand the risks and safe conditions. Luckily I didn't end up needing it as the carbon filters solved my issue (smelly air blowing out the chimney making a delightfully fragrant plume :biglaugh:).

My plan was to add the ozone generator inside the chimney to further reduce odor that got passed the carbon filter, but when I shove my face into the air coming out I can't smell anything but cleaned air :thumb:

Hiker made a great point. I just checked with a friend that uses the ozone rig. He made it very clear their are health concerns if breathing in the same room where the air doesn't exhaust. Also he mentioned he uses the carbon filters (what I use) with it. He uses the carbon filter then the last thing to exhaust out is the ozone rig.

@Hiker; nice plan of action 'ozone' rig in the chimney. :bravo:

I also know that it is not quite right to ask question about the grow but i do not find much info for "Growing for Oil " kind of thread. So as there are many pros here i thought to ask them. And also as recreational user will have a huge setups for the smell and stuff but as a normal cancer victim / unhealthy person can't afford much but still want to no go inside jail for rest of its life. so that is why Grow, smell, strain etc questions. I hope you will understand it is not to comment on anybody but to let you know the POV of mien over asking the questions.

I also know that it is not quite right to ask question about the grow but i do not find much info for "Growing for Oil " kind of thread. So as there are many pros here i thought to ask them. And also as recreational user will have a huge setups for the smell and stuff but as a normal cancer victim / unhealthy person can't afford much but still want to no go inside jail for rest of its life. so that is why Grow, smell, strain etc questions. I hope you will understand it is not to comment on anybody but to let you know the POV of mien over asking the questions.

Hi Altainta, I totally understand your concerns and frustrations with finding the information you want. When you start looking for those answers online it often leads you in a couple different directions which those then branch off to even more directions constantly leaving you with more questions than answers. I have been there myself and am still researching and asking. Let me try to give you my bottom line conclusions that may help you with making your decisions.

Here at 420 you will find soo many great growers that really know their stuff and are very willing to share their knowledge. They are a gold mine of info. It does not matter that you are setting up small grow as the principles are the same and there are many small and even closet growers on here. As far as the difference in growing for oil or growing for recreational, it is all the same except the decision for when to harvest. For instance. If you are growing a sativa dominate plant for daytime oil, your goal will probable be to harvest when the trichomes are 50% milky, 50% clear. Someone who is growing recreational may decide to harvest in less time or choose to go longer and wait for the amber trichomes. Another example would be if you are growing an indica for nighttime oil, you will want to leave that plant in flower stage for up to an extra 4 weeks over the recreational grower because you are waiting for your trichomes to be mostly amber.

You are doing the absolute right thing by doing all the research ahead of time and getting a grow room set up before you plant your first seed. (which by the way is what I did wrong) lol I had a plant going and then starting asking now what?? I got lucky enough that my strain of plants so far do not put off a very strong odor to begin with. I am using a carbon filter with great success. It just exhausts out into the room. I have also noticed that when looking to buy seeds, there is often a description of the plant and it will tell you if it is a particularly strong odor plant that may give you issues. This again is a question that can be asked in the FAQ thread if you would like to ask other's about thier own experience on the odor of a particular strain or just ask them to name off strains with low odor. I think you will get great info over there as cannafan suggested. You can ask as many questions as you want. But you may want to break your questions up into different topics to get the best results. What I mean by that is don't load up all your questions in the same post. Once you are ready with your grow room setup and start growing, there will be many other questions that come along.

Having said all that, I am not trying to chase you away from this thread. We like you being here and also welcome updates on how your medicine garden is growing and your journey espcially when making and using the oil. 420 is all about awareness and others will learn from your experience if you share with us here. Hope this was helpful.
Peace

Great things going on here. got a non smoking patient on some sour tsunami cannabis oil right now.

Thought people may like to see another case of cancer being beat. this girl had a interesting way at taking the cannabis oil..

I&i

[video=youtube;-hUoyXKf81c]
[/video]

Thank you 420 motoco, sincerely.
September 2013 my 39yo Wife was given 6 - 12 months with stage 4 gastric adenocarcinoma with mets to liver and peritoneal membrane. After countless doses of chemo over 12 months ( into 3rd line ), 500ml of Kefir daily and Pot tincture for last 4 months( thanks to a compassionate team down here), her last scan was clear. I'm not stopping yet though, and am on the grow to make her some oil just to be sure.
Cheers

Hi wobbler and welcome to 420 Magazine! Great news on you Wife! Your on the right path. Any assistance please let me know.

Your very welcome and I know a heavy weight has been taken off your shoulders. Your game plan is solid.

Warmest regards to the Wife and you,
Motoco

Thank you 420 motoco, sincerely.
September 2013 my 39yo Wife was given 6 - 12 months with stage 4 gastric adenocarcinoma with mets to liver and peritoneal membrane. After countless doses of chemo over 12 months ( into 3rd line ), 500ml of Kefir daily and Pot tincture for last 4 months( thanks to a compassionate team down here), her last scan was clear. I'm not stopping yet though, and am on the grow to make her some oil just to be sure.
Cheers

Congress abruptly overrules D.C. voters, nixes marijuana legalization

In November, the District of Columbia voted to legalize recreational use of marijuana, but a new congressional budget deal has a provision barring implementation.

When residents of the District of Columbia voted to legalize recreational use of marijuana last month, cannabis fans cheered. Then they quickly realized that Congress — which has oversight over D.C.'s affairs — could overrule the will of the voters.
Now, it appears, that fear will come true sooner than expected — not in the next Congress, when Republicans will control both chambers, but during the lame duck session currently under way.

Tuesday night, Senate Democrats and House Republicans reached a deal to fund the federal government through Sept. 30 of next year. That means no government shutdown. But the deal's fine print also includes a provision that bars implementation of Initiative 71, the marijuana legalization measure D.C. voters approved by a 2-to-1 margin on Nov. 4.

Specifically, a press summary of the spending bill posted online by the House Appropriations Committee says it "prohibits both federal and local funds from being used to implement a referendum legalizing recreational marijuana use in the District."

Advocates of voting rights for the District's 646,000 residents are outraged.

"If reports are true, members of Congress from both parties bargained away the rights of the people of the District of Columbia and in doing so compromised the core democratic values of the United States," Kimberly Perry, head of the group D.C. Vote, said in a statement to The Washington Post.

Efforts to secure full voting representation in Congress for D.C. residents have a long history of frustration. The reality is that the federal enclave is not a state, and therefore its residents do not enjoy the same voting rights of states, as granted by the US Constitution. The Constitution also grants Congress jurisdiction over the District.

In 1973, Congress established "home rule" in D.C., allowing local officials to govern the District. But Congress maintains the right to overrule local decisions, including ballot measures.

Most of the time, Congress leaves D.C. alone, but on social policy, congressional Republicans have been known to jump in. On abortion policy, the District is not allowed to use its own tax revenues to fund the procedure for low-income residents. Republicans in Congress blocked sales of medical marijuana in D.C. for 11 years.

In the current Congress, Rep. Andy Harris (R) of Maryland is spearheading the effort to thwart legalized recreational marijuana in D.C. He claims "fairly broad-based support in Congress against legalization."
But marijuana advocates aren't taking this lying down.

"Tonight we march!" tweeted Adam Eidinger, Chairman of the DC Cannabis Campaign, Wednesday morning.
Tonight we march! "@whiteknightpua: can we rally a protest on the Hill? Maybe have people set up camp outside Andy Harris' offices?"– Adam Eidinger (@aeidinger) December 10, 2014

The march Wednesday evening will begin at the Justice Department and end at Capitol Hill, and civil disobedience that could lead to arrests.

From Yahoo

Glad you voted yet?

WJ

Not surprised. Economy down, cost of living keeps rising, medical system forced down our throat, protest over police brutality, gun control coming back up, Feds interfering with private sector business, we vote for changes and then they are taken away. I love my country and people. For a nation that is young in years it shows one how greed can effect a government and its people. My heart goes out to people who thought they might have some legal clarity on MMJ and now, what? The hand of the pharmies reach out again. Sad state of affairs.
Nice seeing you around wj :high-five: hope all is well with you brother.

Just keep voting in them republicans and teabaggers. People just believe their lies. So now we see their truth. The Constitution is just for their wants and needs. Just you wait, they'll make it worse for We, the People. They have 2 years to "change" more voting laws. 2 more years to violate other group's civil and Constitutional Rights. Does anyone remember Richard M. Nixon? He started this law against Americans by our government. Another Brother against Brother civil war. He was a criminal and a Traitor. His people were criminals and TRAITORS. Every republican since him has had people from his criminal gang working in the whitehouse. Even a Vice President for W.

Nixon was allowed to resign. Disgraced the Presidency but nothing happened to him. His replacement "Forgave him of his sins", Like God himself. And his people still run the republican party and all of it's members.

Remember to vote in 2 years, if you can...

WJ

For sure! I think 'honesty' should be at the forefront. Doesn't take long to become corrupt. Greed is one heck of a tool for corruption. Good will prevail again, just a matter of cleaning up clusterfook we are experiencing. Haven't seen you around PM, hope all is well.

We the people need to give our government a reboot. Start with a clean slate and elect people based on their abilities, not how much money they control

Thanks for the nod Motoco! Having a lot of medical visits lately. Christmas gift searching and buying, mostly online. So my monitor time is limited.
I'm doing my last made oil. It is doing great! Hardly any euphoria. No problem sleeping. I always have a problem with mental things especially memory. Stroke... It hasn't changed or affected me in that way.

Hey, my blood sugar is doing so well, I have lowered my Lantis from 56 to 40 units each morning and I have not had the need for regular insulin since starting this experiment. Usually had four shots of that every day. Lately I have had experiences with sugar values in the upper 40s! Very bad feeling to me. It has to be the oil. I recently got a slow 80 rpm masticating juicer and we, wife and myself, have been doing 2 apples, 3 carrots, a handful of blueberries and a handful of cranberries, a pear, a couple handfuls of spinach, big handfulls every day. That is a lot of sugar I think, but my body is getting rid of it. Because my sugars have been better than I can remember, or wife remember. Wife and I even have a little ice cream pop before bed.

The oil is working great for me. No seizures and that is why I started this experiment. The Parkinsonisms in my arms have noticeably changed. Hardly there, as Dr put it.

The popping and resulting refiltering and decarboxing worked out fine. I was worried and every pop was oil splashing into the olive oil the measuring cup sits in during decarbing. I lost a lot. I just used the olive oil. We will be more careful in filtering the alcohol carrier of any material. It has to be filtered well. Believe me.

Frosty Holidays my friend!

WJ

Things are going good, waiting on this upcoming harvest to start some oil production. Hopefully I'll only have to make oil once, cause I think he can get mmj in Illinois. Gonna sign him up this week. Just a few more supplies needed...

Nice update wj! Things just will keep improving. More and more will be noticed as you progress on your oil regimen. Not like your taking on one aliment, wow. Amazing brother!

Best Christmas in a long time for you wj, nothing but the best for you and your family. Proud of you wj, you have came a long way in a short time. You really listen to your body on the oil, nice job!

Warmest regards,
Motoco & Mo

Thanks for the nod Motoco! Having a lot of medical visits lately. Christmas gift searching and buying, mostly online. So my monitor time is limited.
I'm doing my last made oil. It is doing great! Hardly any euphoria. No problem sleeping. I always have a problem with mental things especially memory. Stroke... It hasn't changed or affected me in that way.

Hey, my blood sugar is doing so well, I have lowered my Lantis from 56 to 40 units each morning and I have not had the need for regular insulin since starting this experiment. Usually had four shots of that every day. Lately I have had experiences with sugar values in the upper 40s! Very bad feeling to me. It has to be the oil. I recently got a slow 80 rpm masticating juicer and we, wife and myself, have been doing 2 apples, 3 carrots, a handful of blueberries and a handful of cranberries, a pear, a couple handfuls of spinach, big handfulls every day. That is a lot of sugar I think, but my body is getting rid of it. Because my sugars have been better than I can remember, or wife remember. Wife and I even have a little ice cream pop before bed.

The oil is working great for me. No seizures and that is why I started this experiment. The Parkinsonisms in my arms have noticeably changed. Hardly there, as Dr put it.

The popping and resulting refiltering and decarboxing worked out fine. I was worried and every pop was oil splashing into the olive oil the measuring cup sits in during decarbing. I lost a lot. I just used the olive oil. We will be more careful in filtering the alcohol carrier of any material. It has to be filtered well. Believe me.

Frosty Holidays my friend!

WJ

Nice update wj! Things just will keep improving. More and more will be noticed as you progress on your oil regimen. Not like your taking on one aliment, wow. Amazing brother!

Best Christmas in a long time for you wj, nothing but the best for you and your family. Proud of you wj, you have came a long way in a short time. You really listen to your body on the oil, nice job!

Warmest regards,
Motoco & Mo

Best of the Holidays to you and Mo!

It is so nice to be able to enjoy things now. The oil is doing many beneficial things for me. I am just so fortunate to have found 420 Mag and you guys here in the "Oil Section". My life was definitely going downhill fast. Until I found this place. Neurologist was worried I would die in my sleep from a seizure any night. And my wonderful wife convincing me to try to grow this wonderful plant and making a medicine that might be of help. Might be of help. My eyes are filled with tears my friend. If I never told you this before, I will tell you now. I am the most fortunate and most lucky person you would ever meet.
I know that it helps everything. In my body anyway. Fortunately everything it does for me can be measured or documented with blood tests, EEGs and MRIs. My epilepsy doctor that I have known as my doctor since the early 90s is just amazed by this oil. Cancer doctors are a different sort. In their minds, it is placebo effect and only they can rid you of the disease. My cancer doc doesn't even want to hear or talk about it and says maybe I should find a doctor that uses that. Diabetes doctor just can't believe it. Here it is five months and I've only had four seizures. I used to have more than that every day! The only changes I have made in my life is Cannabis. What can you do? I'll just keep doing the oil. God's Medicine.

Thanks Motoco. You and Mo and all my other friends here on 420.

Frosty Holidays to you all!

WJ

Back
Top Bottom