Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Hey HH :ciao: empty of growing things yes! Has a few oz of Bubba Hash hang-drying in it now :slide:
wouldn't worry about the "spotting" it looks like fall colors to me. My Thai Chi turned black and yellow like that too, I thought it looked cool.
Hey thanks neiko - i wondered if it was just part of the pigment breakdown, that makes sense :) I thought it looked cool, too.

:hmmmm: Definitely not another indoor run now. Growing takes a pause for a minute.

The long answer :) is that this year I’m going to be experimenting with timing for the outdor run. I’m doing a late planting aiming for plants of a size I can manage fairly easily at harvest time. I dont think it; wise for me to be aiming too big outdoors at this stage.

We have some stuff on that will be better if I’m not vegging plants through November the way I usually do (used to start in October...). So, I’m taking the opportunity to see what happens when I plant quite late - just a few weeks before the solstice - hoping that they will just be reaching maturity as the light reduction is enough to initiate flower. It’ll be close to the equivalent of doing 12/12 from seed, only outside.

I haven’t pegged the exact seed drop dates or the varieties I’ll grow but it’ll almost definitely be 4 different varieties in the raised bed together and I’ll drop the seeds with the new moon in early December. I may also stagger the seed drop depending on strain and how quickly they might mature - I’ll have to read about them a bit.

I have settled on 2 of the 4, Lily (Delicatessen seeds) and Northern Lights (Sensi). And the awesome freebie I just got (Star Pupil x Weapon X) may be making a strong bid, as is Purple Satellite. They are both regulars tho’ so I’ll have to think on that. Many options in the mix and I’m aiming to choose well for my outdoor environment - so still some reading, pondering and dreaming to do. :reading420magazine: :nomo:
:meditate:

I might also start an auto or 2 before that, outdoors in small pots, and do a bit of supplemental QB lighting at night. I don’t like the thought that I might run out of DDA during the summer, or before :eek:, so I’m thinking about starting an original Sweet Seeds one in a few weeks.

That’s where the plans are at, definitely a few weeks off once Bubba Hash is in the jars. :blunt:

Having the funniest time drying it - we’re being hit with days of howling, dry, warm winds and the RH is so low I needed to plug the little humidifiers in... crazy!

Harvest Report: Bubba Hash #1 :slide:

Another gorgeous spring day for harvest. Well, actually it was hot! And the morning was really foggy so I delayed a bit until mid-late morning. I think you can tell that the angle of sun is bit different to the usual, I can tell :) I couldn’t resist getting more pics in the sunlight!
full

full

full

full

Still a few clear ones here - it could easily have gone another 4-5 days.
full

But on this one everything looks totally perfect to me in terms of ripeness.
full

Ready! :yummy:
full
Bubba’s tribute!
full
Washed and hanging to dry.
full

full

I made a new collective noun... a hand of colas :laughtwo:
full

Drying in the tent now. Not sure why this photo went all pink :hmmmm: there’s a red lamp way on the other side of the room, maybe that was enough. In any case, you get the idea. My cut to size piece of garden fencing is now serving some other function in the garden and couldn’t be located but these 2 thin strips were lying about and worked just fine. I strung them up using the ends of the lighting ratchet ropes :thumb: The tall oscillating fan, fyi, is pointing into the corner.

full

Since then it’s been howling north westerly winds outside - warm dry ones. So much so I’ve needed the humidifier a bit which is crazy seeing as I was running the dehuey while drying the others :straightface: Today I was a bit concerned about things drying too quickly so I trimmed a lot of the smaller, lower, buds into a jar and sealed it up for a while. It got to 70% RH in the jar on an hour so that’s relaxed me a bit about it drying too fast.

Still, the smaller stems are getting snappy so I’m trimming all the lowers into paper bags today. The big ones can stay hanging for a while longer I hope.
Putting them in the jar for a bit really cranked up the terps of course! :drool: Lime coffee anyone? :cheesygrinsmiley:

These are a couple of quick iPhone snaps of some lowers while I was trimming (loosely) - pretty dense they are, too. Such pretty colours under the sugar leaves.

CF39B5C5-5DC2-4D32-BB04-A8DC9240ECC5.jpeg

14129557-42D9-466F-907D-BA7350EA11AF.jpeg

I won’t consider this grow run done and dusted until I have this Bubba Hash stable in jars. I’m hoping that will be within the next 10 days as I need to go away soon and want it to be able to be left for a week or so without attention.

Now it’s time for this Gardner to have a sleepy Sunday. I recorded a whole lot of surfing finals from Supertubos in Portugal (super tubes ;) ) and a stoney day in front of that sounds pretty perfect.
:passitleft: :surf: :popcorn:

Hope you all are having a great weekend with a goodly amount of rest amongst the good times.
:love:
:Namaste:

:woohoo:Love your sunny pictures and stellar harvest Amy, Heavy frost on your pics and heavy frost outside here today, it's nearing time for my Purple Sat. I did just what you were planning (late planting) and it has worked well. The plant isn't "too" big.
:surf::surf::surf::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom