Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Update: Candida CD-1 (day 26) and Bubba Hash (day 27)

Continuing on with the Uncle Ben’s Topping method I posted on earlier, both CD-1 and BH got topped last Friday night.

I’ll document them one by one. I made diagrammed images for each one and if the whole thing works I’ll put the clearest pics in a final documentation of the method.

Starting with the Candida CD-1

There’s a mutant branch I havent told you about. It was growing upwards, not outwards, and was growing along the stem, attached to it. I very gently peeled it away before i’d got a photo, doh! You can see that I tore the base of it little a bit when separating it from the stem. It will recover. Pretty weird tho - never seen anything like it.

Topped!

@Heavenly Hybrid enough of a little stumpy? :D

The mutant branch makes it a bit lopsided so it will be interesting to see how it grows out, in terms of its overall shape. Presently it looks like the might still be a single dominant branch

Here we are 24hrs later.

And the little broken mutant branch is healing up just fine. I’ll keep bending it gently outwards and once it’s bigger, if it needs it, I can supercrop it. Gentle bending over time usually does the job tho.

Bubba Hash topping went similarly well, here’s before.

This one had a little mutant growth coming too, sprouted underneath one of the cotyledons. They were falling off anyway (the cotys) and when I removed them the little sprout came off with the membrane.

And, topped!

24hrs later and recovering well.

I wonder if it’s ok to remove those lower older leaves that are a bit damaged - they got squished a bit against the sides of the pots when they were in the plant stand. OK to take them off you reckon?

24 hrs after the topping I gave them both a Destress foliar. A very light misting to the leaf undersides.

Here is everyone - 24hrs post UBT looking down through the light fixture.

And side by side, the CD-1 and BH 24hrs posts topping...

...and about 14hrs later, so close to 40hrs post topping

So we’re off and running with the redirection of growth auxins. I expect to give them another 6 weeks of veg. I figure that should be good and will suit my timing for other things as well.

Happy days and green flowered evenings to everyone. Thanks for passing through!

:love:
:Namaste:

I’m seeing quite a few purple petioles on the BH, just on the tops of them. It’s nearly dry again and due for water so I think I’ll make it a transwater. Hopefully I can raise the brix over the next few weeks and get those petioles green. Have some recollection of someone else posting recently about purple petiole tops on a Bubba Hash, maybe i dreamed it :hmmmm:

My nighttime meds are seriously kicking in. Night all :ganjamon:

Lol, those are some beautiful stumps! And beautiful plants! I wish I could remember where I read that tip, so I could give credit. Maybe Asesino? Maybe on GWE? There, I’ve given some maybe credit. :laughtwo:
I’d think you have enough good growth to take the damaged leaves. Great topping and great visual guide. Someone said it earlier, and they’re right; you’re really good at explaining things in a clear, followable way. Great teacher :thumb:

It takes more courage than I currently have to essentially chop those plants in half. :nervous-guy: I'm glad you waited a couple days to post the pics so that we could see how nicely - and quickly - they recovered. :welldone:

Highya AmyG,

I remember Doc Bud talking about purple petioles is a sign of low phosphorus. Bonemeal cure. Cheers

More uppity?

Okay by me!

meant to post this yesterday

Edit: 'TOO' . I can say this for the high, "I've never experienced Mania, but that's what I think it was." It certainly wasn't depression...

takes more courage than I currently have to essentially chop those plants in half.
It was a wrench :eek: but I’ve prepared myself from before I dropped the seeds that this would be happening so I got over it pretty fast! I did let them go maybe a bit longer than ideal, Bubba especially as it had started on its 6th node. It is a bit faster than CD-1. Timing of drenches and foliars etc. is a bit of a dance sometimes.

remember Doc Bud talking about purple petioles is a sign of low phosphorus. Bonemeal cure. Cheers

Cheers Bode. Doc has said similar but I won’t be adding anything to the DBHBB soil. Technically there can’t be a deficiency as such. We know everything is there with the kit so either the roots are hooked up or they’re not. I’m going to keep them on the schedule and see how they go. If needed I can do a Rescue drench down the track. I don’t think it needs anything that remedial as yet.

When DB says purple petioles can be due to low phosphorous when talking about plants grown in the DBHBB kit he’s talking about uptake. If this isn’t happening then it’s to do with plant metabolism, not bc something is missing from the soil or nutes. So when I said I hope I can raise the brix over the coming weeks i suppose i really meant that i need to get the plant metabolism firing, and hope for nice green petioles as the result. Here’s Doc from a little while back (from the ‘Darkscotia’ thread):
Purple streaked stems and purple petioles are often due to slow phosphorus uptake. The most common causes are cold roots and water that's too cold. Other causes can be excess organic matter in the soil, causing sluggish biota and possibly pH lockout in a hydro environment.

I think my soil temps are ok and I drench with warm water. I’ll double check these things tho. And seek to get the biota activity up.

meant to post this yesterday

Edit: 'TOO' . I can say this for the high, "I've never experienced Mania, but that's what I think it was." It certainly wasn't depression...
Sounds like it. I’ve had that happen too :D

Choose your poison!
Know your poison! Can really take some wild experiences to find out what poisons you get on with :lot-o-toke:

AmyG,

I'll assume the plant root exudates have already called for the nutrients they want. Consider this, if the nutrients are at the roots (and I'm assuming they are), the next step is for microbacteria to break down the nutrients to feed the roots. I've discovered there are so many (zillions, lol) different bacteria in the soil to break down different forms of nutrients. Does that sound right? Or am I just blowing smoke? You decide.
Cheers

I've heard of them. Didn't their singer get his start with Bob and Doug McKenzie?
;)
Well i dont know, but it sounds like you do. I know they started together very young, very very young. I think they just released a book that covers evrything Rush.

Back
Top Bottom