Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Thanks a bunch, Amy! Great info on the cbd dosing/usage. I look forward to testing my flower in the up coming weeks. :circle-of-love:

:thumb:

I don’t even swish much, Shed. I try to spread it really carefully and keep things still apart from that. When I did the swishing I felt like there was too much saliva in the mix and I’d end up swallowing more oil than i wanted. It’s a hard thing to describe. I’m sure you’ll have fun experimenting with it :D

That Bubba's a stunner!
That’s for sure. I was drawn to it seeing it in other gardens last year :yummy: :love: It is a beautiful one.

It’s had it’s head chopped off now tho so doesn’t look nearly as pretty, right at the moment :eek: Man! What a wrench that was, chopping them both down to just above the 2nd node. It felt like getting rid of everything that was good! However I’ve been too timid in the past and I dont think that’s served me well. The idea with his method is that you grow to 5-6nodes so you have a good healthy pant with a decent amount of roots before you top. It makes sense that this would make a big difference to the plant being able to keep on powering.

3 out of 6 sprouts are up. The 2 dope seeds autos pucks may have got too wet early on, i hope it didnt drown them!

I took before and after pics of the topping, and will get some later on at 24hrs since the chop. I’ll update it all then.

:Namaste:

I have put them in water :laughtwo: I don’t think I’m in a position to keep the clones, but i’m curious to see if they sprout roots. I prolly didn’t chop off enough of the leaves tho, just clipped the lowest leaf and branch set, scraped the stem a bit and stuck them in a glass in a corner of the tent where theyre half in the ‘shade’ and put one of the humidifiers near them...
:popcorn:

Haha, I did the same thing! One of three cuttings sprouted a root and I had to throw it away because I knew I’d end up trying to keep it somehow. Shed told me life is too short to grow plants you don’t really want to, so I’m clearing the path out for cbd only for the next round.

Before I drop an update so we can all ‘ooohh’ and ‘aaahh’ over newborns, here’s something of interest.

Some of you will be aware that this phenomenon of super tight node-spacing has happened before with this light of mine (and me wielding it!).

I wondered a lot while growing the Blue Dream last year whether the light was not quite right and that’s what caused it. Maybe it contributed, I don’t know. But the way it’s happened again with these new ones looked so similar to the BD it set me wondering again about the combination between intensity of and distance from light, and whether I wasn’t getting this quite right. I’ve been using the lux meter this time to set things and I hope this will help.

So recently @Heavenly Hybrid pointed me towards an instagram post by Nebula Haze which is relevant to this. Nebula started some seeds under a QB for the first time (4000k HLG 65) and they actually sprouted multiple nodes without even breaking out of the soil. And the nodes were pretty much on top of each other. Like, in an impractical way lol! They have no stems! :eek: Here’s a screenshot...

54E84277-D807-4347-884A-FC2CB5BC38D0.jpeg

Now, it was identified out that NebulaHaze had her QB’s waaaaaay too close at only 1.5’ so this is an extreme example. But many responders to the insta thread agreed that QBs too close will do this.

When I grew the Blue Dream I didn’t have any measuring device so for this run I got the LX light meter that measures lux and looked at the RQS guide for using lux to set these style of lights. I also read around this site and elsewhere that, while RQS suggest 5000lux for seedling, that up to 20,000lux was ok. SO I had these ones, the Candida and Bubba at about 15,000lux at 3’ away I think and I think that was too much.

I think I might build a germination station sometime down the track. I was thinking about it for this one but time ran out.

At this point with my new seedlings 4’ from the light they’re coping about 11,000lux and maybe that’s too much still, but if I drop the intensity, or raise the light any more I can’t get the light I need to the older plants. So, either a germination station, or construct some screen covers for use in the tent to reduce the intensity for babies (and clones!). @InTheShed has successfully used fly screen to do this so I’m thinking about something like that, or the light diffusing plastic I used outside.

Anyway, I just thought this very interesting, so thanks HH for bringing it to my attention. :thumb:

It doesn’t explain why that Blue Dream continued to stay flat and not really stretch in flower. But I’ve learned some things recently that tell me those aspects probably had more to do with my pruning and topping practices (and not getting it quite right).

Updates dropping soon :passitleft:

Update: Auto Babies!

Hi everyone :ciao:

My germination success continues. 4 x DDA (2 each of dynamo1’s #3 and #4), 1 x Auto Amnesia Haze (Dope Seeds) and 1 x Auto Blueberry (Dope Seeds) have all sprouted. :slide:

One #4 popped up in about 36hours,

full

the others came up the following day,

full

full

along with the Auto Amnesia. I always like a bit of attitude and this one has a nice jaunty angle :D

full

The Blueberry was last, coming up 4 days after going into the puck - so still pretty quick. It showed me this at the end of day 3, so i knew it was coming.

full

I was watching for the second #4 closely because one of them just wouldn’t sink in the water so I wondered if it would pop at all. It did :D

full

They are all now in their final homes. DDAs are 2 together in 1gal pots of DBHBB and the Dope Seeds autos are in 2.5g AirPots and will get BioCanna nutes.

Was my first time working with coco. It’s squishy.

That’s the babies. It looks like a lot I know. But I am hoping to keep their sizes manageable. We’ll find out! :popcorn:

The older kids are topped and DeStress’d. Update on them in a little bit, I have to sort through the photos. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, or your Monday morning if you’re in my Timezone :Namaste:

Aww, I love it on the rare chance that I can be helpful to the smarties of good ol 420.
Glad you’re getting it sorted out and hopefully we can see some more stretch out of those ladies yet! :yummy:
Aww, look at the babies!!!! :love:

Hey. Loving your ladygarden miss Aims. Good info on your use of oils too, thanks for that. Did I read somewhere that you can prepare a CBD rich infusion by ‘cooking out’ the THC but keeping the temp lower than... mumblemumble? Further research required. I can’t buy the CBD extracts here but will try to make some!
I hope your day’s going well too.

Thanks donkeydick :D My day is going well.

I forgot that we had a carer/helper visit today and that my room was due to get an overhaul so, bonus, I have fresh bedding. I took a shower while it was hapapening so everything is clean including me. I had to put the second part of the update on hold for all this of course. And I always have to recover after a shower (even tho I sit down for it) so I’ve been watching the Women’s World Cup soccer final that I recorded last night. I’m at half time - great match, very tight. The US can’t seem to break through the super Dutch defences but they’ve had some great attempts! Just checking in at half time.

I’ll finish the update after :ganjamon:

Oh and on the CBD question DD asked. Yes, CBD and THC have different ideal temperatures for decarboxylating. But no, you can’t ‘cook out’ the THC as such.

How much cannbinoid content is in a plant is mostly driven by genetics and slightly affected by the expression and health of any particular plant.

THC does degrade to CBN though, so I suppose if you had a combined chemovar (strain) that was, say, 1:1 THC:CBD with 12% of each (just an example, ok?) and you decarb’d it all at the higher temp for CBD, then a lot of the THC may convert to CBN. But I have no idea how you’d control that or even how much it would or wouldn’t happen.

Best way to get the ratios you want is to choose a chemovar that has it, or grow a good 20:1 or higher CBD strain and blend it with THC varieties - which is what I’m doing now and it’s great
:meditate:

Thank you for clarifying that Aims I guess I’d come across confusing/conflicting disjointed references here and there. You have a good way of explaining things. Cheers. Enjoy the rest of the football won’tcha ;)

:thumb: Plus, making a dosing oil out of straightup THC plants is also really good. Taking THC in oil form helps me for pain and mood as well as being very effective for nighttime sleep. So if you don’t have CBD for a while, you can still play around with dosing oil
:morenutes:

:high-five: yes.

Great match. That 2nd USA goal was beautiful. I’m going to have to start watching the US domestic competition if I can get access to it. Great way to chill out with a toke and rest the mind and body. I’ve been toking on the G13 Haze, a nice mix of body and mind effects.
:passitleft:

Thanks for your advice about the oils Aims it’s one of the reasons I stopped lurking and jumped in here, because I needed to ask a few questions. I’m enthused to infuse.
And BTW..
I like the photo on your avatar thingy. V cool.

Back
Top Bottom