Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

My wish list of seeds for next grow keeps getting longer and longer. :drool:

Why didn't I think of that! :laughtwo:

It is! I too sit here planning and scheming to work out how I can have a small veg space, semi-perpetual, so more plants! :eek:

The Bubba Hash you're growing is the Katsu cut of Bubba Kush x Hashplant. You could very well end up with coffee from yours. My Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) x Erdpurt smells of strong roasted coffee and earth.
:bravo: That’s good to hear! I thought that was the lineage - and boy you can see it. All his veg’ing Bubba crosses in the recent thread looked just like this BH. So now I know what I was seeing there, thankyou :Namaste: . I have seen lots of folks talk recently about pineyness with the BK so was thinking that spicy coffee thing might not be part of the terpene profile. I’m very glad to be reassured that it is!

420 member @Coloradokid19 recently shared this info on the DBHBB Q&A an I went back to seek it out because I’m close to flip so close to the ‘heavier’ prune on the photoperiods and this is something I have wondered about. I thought I’d drop it here for folks who won’t come accross it over there :). It comes from agricultural research so is general info, not specific to cannabis. I assume it applies.

9AEC1CC4-E691-4684-8581-3B48ECDDD64A.jpeg

5F27A617-39FE-4805-9C18-1E5E9F39EFBB.jpeg

I went looking and found that the seminar mentioned in the post is on the Tube. The seminar is loosely connected to an agricultural product that is designed to help repopulate depleted agricultural soils but mostly it is just really good discussion about soil health and food quality etc. I’ll drop the video here. It’s very long so I’m not expecting anyone to watch it all, unless of course you’re like me ;) I’m watching it in 20 minutes blocks, am about 1/3 of the way through so haven’t seen the bit where she discuss those actual slides yet, but they’re in there somewhere. :nerd-with-glasses:

:Namaste:

I spotted this beautiful feature on the CD-1 a couple of nights ago. At first I was like, ‘why have I never seen this happen on other plants?’, and then I realised it’s only happening because of the whorled phyllotaxy :D

While I did pull out the Nikon to capture it, I couldn’t set up a shot or anything so handheld had to do. If I see the feature again I’ll try to set up a shot with better lighting... but for now, it’s still a pretty sight! Like a little heart shaped window into the new growth zone

While I was there, the Auto Amnesia Haze was right there in my face/lens, so here’s the first frost of this journal!

Including autos like this is fun because it brings the flowers quickly! This is one of the AH lower buds

:passitleft:

That’s awesome, I’m gonna go watch that video as well! I’m sure there is so much great info in there! Thanks for doing a little digging for us to find it
:passitleft:

Sheesh, "sugarglider", I'm thinking this'll be a cute story of harmony with nature, and it went all terribly wrong! Ripping? Freaking? :eek:

I was gonna tell my story about the hummingbird that landed on my shoulder and hung out with me for a couple minutes....

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I gotta visit that Tim Burton world of yours someday.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
I Love TIm Burtons films. Not sure I’ve seen them all tho :hmmmm: Big Fish is a favourite!

And I took the post away becasue I’d meant to respond to a post over @Virgin ground ’s place and dropped it here by mistake :eek:

for those curious it was this...
@Amy Gardner
I learned about drop bears today. Lol.
They sound terrifying.
:rofl: I always think that urban (bush) myth got started because a very stoned koala bear fell out of a tree onto someone and freaked out!

Honestly, once while sitting around a campfire one night, a little sugar glider dropped out of a tree and landed on my friends arm. They’re tiny, like only 10cm long, and it ripped up his arm pretty good while it was freaking out trying to get off... and while he was freaking out too! So if that happened with a Koala, then you be toast I reckon! :laugh2

Functional Update :rollit:

9D1FEBF7-CB40-4AA6-9489-78B71E8E60E8.jpeg

Setting up for a big day. That there ^^^ is 6 lengths of Aluminium U-channel with thermal tape applied, ready for some 72 diode 3000k Samsung strips. I’m all set to go for the lighting rig upgrade :slide:

DF9A8A6F-D2DB-46DD-AE9A-78DB7B1E5C05.jpeg

Everything is happening today! I received a message from one of the ‘helpers’ I’d put the call out to, that she can come today to help me transplant the Bubba Hash & the CD-1.

We’ll be transplanting just before lights out so the light will come down and I’ll spend my day, and their night, installing the strips to the frame and setting the power levels. Then tonight it will be, hopefully, an easy rehang in time for lights-on. I have a plan so if all goes according to it, all will be excellent.

It’s not a moment too soon for the tent!

full

Auto Blueberry is growing right through the frame :eek:
full

It might be a moment too soon for BH and CD-1 but it has to happen with help, and today is the day that help can come. I will veg them just a little bit longer in the 7gals to compensate.

They were due for a Brix last night but I decided to opt for a DeStress because of the transplanting today and the gentle LST that will follow. They can have a Brix after a few days. Then a few days after that they’ll have a final LeafWash and I’ll flip to 11/13.

Here’s Bubba, out for a DeStress.

full

The green tarp made the light really green in that pic, so I put the flash on to see the difference. Light angle really changes colours!

full

Back in the tent, I’m pretty confident that Bubba will be good and ready to switch to bloom in about a week.

full

full

Meanwhile, I’ve been sorting throught a whole lot of building offcuts from my previous ‘career’ as a hobby woodworker and building stuff around the house. We threw out a ton of stuff and I saved some ‘ends’ to make plant risers, inspired by the ones @Hash Hound improvised for @SweetSue all those moons ago.

I matched lengths for pairs as much as possible, washed them and glued some together. The 1st and 2nd tier are glued together, and the 3rd and 4th as well. Left them like this to setup overnight. This will give me 2 risers and leave 4 loose pieces to add extra height where needed.

D47BFBBC-0BFE-4A89-B755-59B04A0AB157.jpeg

Big day in the garden!

I foresee a series of smooth operations and a big toke fest at the end :ganjamon: :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom