Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

I'm going to have to stop in here more often-there's a lot of interesting stuff here
to go along with those beautiful plants!
Great tutorial!
Hey :welcome: carcass! :passitleft: Thanks for your complimentary words and I’m pleased the LABs tutorial is useful for you. Glad to have you along for the ride :ganjamon:

Bookmarked! :thumb:
:thumb:

Hey Amy! I posted an update about the Candida at my apartment. Cruise on over!

:surf:
:surf:

This is a little 4oz Mason jar and its contents represent the last of my Blue Dream stash :love:

AD42F65A-F7FF-4177-94CE-73575B2B0CC7.jpeg

Grown last year, my first DBHBB plant and some delicious nuggage to be sure! I’m pulling out one of those little buds to entertain me today
:hookah:

So I found something awesome today, following on from my posting of the LABs. Revisiting that made me search again for any remnants of the Unconventional Farmer website that it originally came from. I used that website a lot when I started growing and then it just disappeared.

In a brilliant turn of events, someone has reproduced it, nearly in full. At least all the recipes and guides are there. An incredible resource for soil growers. Some of you might recognise a certain DIY Calphos recipe ;), now you’ll know the source. I’m not saying that the guy who started theunconventional farmer website, Gil Carandang, was the first to ever do all this, it comes from Korean Natural Farming, but AFAIK he was the first to thoroughly document it online.

The reproduced website is here:

Honestly the time I spent trying to find it all when the website first disappeared, this feels like finding the holy grail!

:Namaste:

My oh my. That is great news. I missed it when it was gone. A great resource.
Really glad to hear it. I plan to save all those guides this time!
:ciao: Hi Heavenly! NIce to have you drop in. I’m just chilling back with an afternoon toke on some Critical Mass... perfect timing

:passitleft:

Hope you’re rolling along ok?
Oh i see you were here a while ago, prolly past bedtime for you now... :meditate:

Really glad to hear it. I plan to save all those guides this time!
I am tickled you found it, I would occasionally click on the old bookmark for Auld timez ...Then, I did it from memory, but the memory fades and time passes. And the devil can be in the details
I remember one time I mixed up a cal/phos, or messed up it, and used a too strong solution, I got my jars mixed up. good times, bad times, you know I had my share.

Seriously, it is quite the find or re-discovery to have it all in one place, outstanding.:snowboating:

Lol, I posted that and promptly fell asleep. :laughtwo:
Ok I have an advice request for you. I have a C99 plant that was harvested way early because of nanners. I smoked some and it was too racy for smoking purposes. If I use it to make edibles, will the high be equally racy? If I can’t use it for edibles, I’m thinking pain oil might be more appropriate. What do you think?

That’s what I was thinking too, however I also have three full jars of another c99, harvested a little later, but so full of seeds it’s insane. Maybe I’ll try out a tester of that and if it’s less racy, that can be for edibles.

Good morning! I was asleep a few hours later myself!

I’d be inclined to agree with you and Shed on the topical. It might retain the racy effect in a dosing oil, but it depends what you want the oil for. I have dosing oil made from the G13 Haze auto and while it’s not overly racy to toke on, it is very up up up, busy but focused mind effect. Using it as a dosing oil under the tongue it is definitely milder in effect. SO you could always experiment with a mini batch of dosing oil just to see what it’s like. I make batches using about 5gms in 4oz of oil - infusing in a jar in the oven. It’s really good for trying things out!

Cool, sounds like a solid plan. I don’t want anything too racy, I think there’s too much potential for a negative affect with that one, so pain oil it is! I’ll check out that most-seeded one for the feel. I do want some energizing oil, so that may just be the ticket with it having gone a week or so longer than the racy one. :thanks: both for the talk through! :love:

:thumb: Midweek mini update :yummy:

All pics from yesterday morning and last night. I don’t have the energy reserves to do much with the Nikon at the moment, the gardening is taxing me to capacity, so pics are mostly phone these days.

The Auto Blueberry is almost growing through the light frame :eek: The side branching is reaching tall and is a little bendy. The light is not very strong right now so even up close the intensity isn’t too much, obviously.

Post-Transplant on the photo-periods this one will be better placed under the soon to be upgraded lights :)

Auto Amnesia Haze is bushing up nicely. The shape looks a little odd because I have the next higher tier of fan leaves pulled down now as well. It’s developing some nice looking lower bud sites. So odd that is stayed small while the Blueberry is so stretchy - I kind of expected the opposite.

For the record, the Coco Autos have been switched to the flowering nutes, currently they take about 5-600ml of water a day with the equivalent of 5ml/L of the Bio-Flores, which is 25% over half-strength. I stopped the DIY Cal a few days ago because the Blueberry leaves are showing early signs of mag deficiency and this can happen when you add a Ca source that doesn’t include any Mg. I’ll either research adding some epsoms to counter that, or get some Cal-mag. I’m kinda curious to just up the nutes, if I can do so without inducing burning, and see how it goes. I’m trying to keep it simple so as to get a feel for these nutes and what they do on their own.

The photo-kids are nearing transplant and I am in the process of organising a helper for that adventure so I figured it was time to take a look at the roots on Bubba Hash. Getting there! I’m really happy with how they look. You can tell where I topped up the soil a couple of weeks ago. There is an interesting phenomenon happening though ...

DO you notice a bit of air pruning in places? I’m guessing this is where the root ball is coming away from the sides of the pot - which is does quite a bit. That’s not exactly what we’re after but nor is it anything to worry or complain about, some growers aim for it. I may transplant soon and let them have a few days in the 7s before flip. I’m not sure I’ll make it to the “everyday watering” stage. I don’t think all that many of us do!

The rest of Bubba Hash looks like this (in situ). Gorgeous, with no let-off in the voracity of appetite!

Not a big “brancher”, as others have mentioned before, but there are a few shoots reaching up in the centre...

The Candida CD-1 continues a merry way. Triploid city! That largest main stem is just wild looking from the top. It is still getting burnt on the tips from very small feedings - right at or under the low end of the range. So no more “1/4 transwater” hits between drenches for this one - plain water with tea only. That said - it also showing some faded patterning on some new leaves and that’s another argument for transplanting soon I think.

Finally, the Dark Devils! Deliciousness incoming! :drool:

:slide:

I’m managing to DeStress the Brix kids more regularly than I have in the past and I can see, in all the plants, that it shows. I’ve also managed to get them all in sync for the foliars. Brix is happening about 10days apart and DeStress 7-10 days apart.

We’re into the 9th week of this indoor run now. I’m about 3weeks behind on my plan for adding the 3000k strips to the light, but I am happy to report that yesterday I wired up the power cable to the driver. Plus, the cut-to-length Aluminium U-Channel is ready, so as soon as someone can pick that up for me we’re on! I’m not drilling and screwing it together this time, I’ve discovered high strength double sided construction tape ;), so the process of adding these to the build should be a quick one!

Always a beautiful sight! :D

Much love, ganja and good vibes to all who drop-in, pass by or stumble across...

:love:

Stumbled on all the goodness happening in your tent I did!
The Auto Blueberry is almost growing through the light frame
the Blueberry is so stretchy - I kind of expected the opposite.
I remember someone had one of those a few years ago, just after I grew my normal looking one. I'll see if I can find that journal.
where the root ball is coming away from the sides of the pot
All my plastic pots do that between watering. I'll have to look and see if I'm getting air pruning of the roots...
Love that latin!
high strength double sided construction tape
:yahoo: More strength left for the rest of the build! Looking forward to seeing it. :cool:

Stumbled on all the goodness happening in your tent I did!
:laughtwo: take a load off... cuppa tea is brewing :nomo:
Beautiful Amy,:thumb:
They’re all so lovely!
:high-five:

Thanks friends :D

So hey - something I’ve been wanting to ask some of you growers who’ve been doing this for longer than me; what makes bud go brown like this during storage?

This is a little 4oz Mason jar and its contents represent the last of my Blue Dream stash :love:

AD42F65A-F7FF-4177-94CE-73575B2B0CC7.jpeg
That Blue Dream bud is about 9months in jars and they are Mason canning jars so they should be well airtight. Can heat do it maybe? They’re just in cupboards in my room so it does get warm in here. Or is it just something that happens? There’s nothing wrong with the bud. It still feels great, smells great, vaporises great - it’s just going brown on the buds (not so much the leaves) and I’ve had this happen on other long-stored bud as well. Insights? Experience?

Back
Top Bottom