Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

It comes from agricultural research so is general info, not specific to cannabis. I assume it applies.
:thanks: Great info for the lollipop guild!
whorled phyllotaxy
I'm sure they opened for Rectangular Cuboid of Dankness in February... :theband:
here’s the first frost of this journal!
Always nice to see first frost. If it's on a plant anyway...
Setting up for a big day. That there ^^^ is 6 lengths of Aluminium U-channel with thermal tape applied, ready for some 72 diode 3000k Samsung strips. I’m all set to go for the lighting rig upgrade
Love the new light! :yahoo:

Oh, and here is one of the tall Blueberry autos grown by HappyHouse at the end of 2017:

7dd5ee1a4ecffe8ad118525766afca11.jpg

Great update! Progress on all fronts. :thumb:
it’s fine with shed-tons
using random things from the shed
find their way back to the shed
I'm glad to be so helpfu!
‘Scoring’ roots at transplant involves taking a clean blade and slicing, about 1/4” deep, vertically from bottom up to about 1/2way, maybe a little more.
:thanks: I will be doing this on my rootbound plants from now on.
The non-symmetrical shape of Candida CD-1 called for some creative positioning.
Nice use of geometry :).
The Aluminium U-channel the local supplier had in stock was only 16mm. Seeing as these will be running really soft (max 0.3w/diode and currently 0.2w/diode) we decided this should be ok.
I ran my Samsung strips around 85% of max and the U-channels handled it fine with no ventilation, even when I laid a sheet of insulating bubble wrap on top to keep the heat in.

Update: Transplant Day - Day 61, 62

Roots! :rollit:

full

And more Roots!

full

I usually spritz water into the void before the Roots! powder, to help it stick to the sidewalls.

I didn’t sprinkle any Roots! on the rootball directly this time. I was doing it with someone new, the pots weren’t quite as dry as I would usually like for transplanting and I didn’t want to increase ‘handling time’. I figure it’s fine with shed-tons in the actual hole, and there was. I added more Roots! powder after this pic (and it disappears in the wetter areas)

Roots got scored, the usual practice :) (the blade was wiped with rubbing alcohol a little while beforehand)

full

‘Scoring’ roots at transplant involves taking a clean blade and slicing, about 1/4” deep, vertically from bottom up to about 1/2way, maybe a little more. It facilitates a speedy breakout in to the new soil :thumb:

Slotted

full

It ended up a little high in the pot - I was too mindful of not having much stem-length to play with - so the pot ended up nice and full ;)

The non-symmetrical shape of Candida CD-1 called for some creative positioning.

full

Because we were removing the light from the tent, for the upgrade, the Auto kids had to hang out in the corner for a while. I’m developing a real love for small elegant plants :love:

full

Re-training the mains out/down wasn’t in the energy/capacity budget yesterday, and a lot of other things were, so I’ve left them free for now. I’ll tie them down again once the pots have dried out a little and the plants are more malleable.

full

full

It was well after lights-off when we finished so all the plants got zipped back up in the tent.

The whole process gave me back 2 things I’ve been needing for another planned project, the marine ply board which I’d been using on top of the soil tote in the tent, and the corner where the autos had been.

The project in question is fashioning a makeshift workstation next to the tent. It’s a prototype, using random things from the shed and I totally love it! As I use it I’ll sketch-up a drawing for a built one and start getting the pieces cut. Slowly over time, a proper one will come into being and the sawhorse legs will find their way back to the shed ;)

Meanwhile - it was the perfect size for the next thing on my list for the day!

The light! :cool:

full

It’s been an ongoing labour of love this light build, and I kept moving the ‘goalposts’ on it :laughtwo: It was originally going to be lighting a 2x2’ box, with the 5 QB panels. Then I got the tent which turned out to be 3’ x3’ so I spread the panels a bit, and vowed not to pack out the tent. Yeah, right! I grew one plant under that rig last year which was just ok (the ‘ok-ness’ was nothin to do with the light - fungus gnats). Then I decided I wanted to pack out the tent, so I added the strips to the design and yesterday I made it happen.

6 mounted strips.
full

Quick ‘n’ dirty construction.

full

Some cabling and cable control. The solid core is soo much easier than the stranded. Even my tinned stranded was all soft and tricky to get into the sockets. This was a breeze.

full

full

full

The Aluminium U-channel the local supplier had in stock was only 16mm. Seeing as these will be running really soft (max 0.3w/diode and currently 0.2w/diode) we decided this should be ok. I did notice a fairly hot spot last night before I went to bed, along the 2 sides where the QB’s are closer to the edge. I may have to make some adjustments there.

You saw the test run in an earlier post. At the lowest setting the strip-rig draws 65w from the wall, 170w at its highest, and I currently have it set at 92w. I currently have the 5 QBs drawing around 135w from the wall.

It’s not exactly what I would build if designing to light up a 3’ x 3’ from the outset, but I really like it’s shapes
:smokin:

full

Everyone got reinstated and I now have a bit of work to do raising things up a bit. The driver for the strips is hung in the corner off the frame of the tent and I don’t want to be stuffing around with the light, apart from turning the strips up once in flower (the driver is easily accessible ;) ). Lux at the lower canopy is too low right now. I need more risers!

full

full

An absolute marathon of a day for me! And today I feel like I really did run a marathon yesterday, and that I did it while drunk as a skunk and fighting a boxing match, and that I haven’t slept for 4 days and that everything is sprained! None of those things are true of course, it’s just the true response of my system to exertion. Well actually it is true that everything is a little sprained - that’s what happens, and what makes all the other feels.
:passitleft:

Happily this is actually a lot better than it has been in the past- I used to end up like this just becasue I took a shower the day before so the very fact that I could do all of that yesterday and still be able to function just a little today, let alone make a post (albeit with my sunglasses on and on a serious medication cocktail of many components ;) ), all speaks to a higher quality of life than before.

I absolutely love all these plants I’m growing. The DDAs are smelling amazing, the Blueberry is giving some Blueberry aromas and the Amnesia Haze smells creamy, can’t find another word to describe that, maybe it’s vanilla.

@InTheShed Thanks for posting that stretchy Blueberry! That totally looks like this one :thumb: (also tagged you because you saw the accidental post of this when it was only half finished).

I’m taking today like a Sunday. Double doses of many things are required :lot-o-toke: Great day, evening, morning, night to all :ganjamon:

:love:
:Namaste:

We made a wrinkle in time :laughtwo:

Only half my update landed the first time, so now it looks like Shed responded before it happened :eek:

:high-five:

I’d meant to edit it back in to the previous post, but I forgot and now can’t get it to edit it at all (some weird random anomaly that happens regularly on my iPad, which I haven’t investigated yet). So the wrinkle in time will remain...

I'm glad to be so helpfu!
I’m glad you saw all the work you do!

A veritable work of art, Amy! :bravo: Fuggin gorgeous!

Do I see two different color temps, too?

That's a beautiful design. :love: It has its own integrity about it ... looks, function, elegance ... Yummy.

full

Heheh, 100+ diodes per sqft.

:bongrip:

100+ diodes per sqft.

:bongrip:
119 to be exact! :bongrip:

Yes the strips are 3000k (QBs are 3500).

veritable work of art, Amy! :bravo: Fuggin gorgeous!
Thank you for saying so :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you also, so much, for all the help, education and guidance you gave me to build it
:thanks:

proud of taking things into your own hands. Nicely done
Thanks Derby, I really, very, totally am! :high-five: It’s very pretty I think.

:woohoo::thedoubletake:you were up --THAT-- long:thumb:Glad your stamina is getting better. Nice addition to your light. girls look great. I saw snow down under in my morning sun report, hope you were bypassed:theband::surf:
I know right! I’m so smashed, but very satisfied.

Thanks d :passitleft: no snow here on the coast :surf: Been cold, but nothing unmanageable.

So for you others using HLG drivers, do you ever hear a soft buzz coming from them. The one for the strips is buzzing softly, a higher pitched buz, not a lower buzz that I’d associate with an earth problem. More like a transformer. It’s not super loud, just noticeable. I don’t think the other driver does it. It could be because it’s dimmed a lot, but I don’t remember the other one doing that. Maybe it does and I just don’t hear it :hmmmm:

I having one of those ‘can’t consume enough cannabis’ days... can’t get no satisfaction... :lot-o-toke:

Haven’t tried the kush yet today - I’m getting low and it’s my bedtime toke. Might have to pull it out now tho’ - gotta knock myself out!

sexy light you built
Thanks neiko, I think so too :slide:

well done!
Thanks Dutch, and nice to have you swinging by.

Bubba and CD-1 got their tie downs reinstated tonight. Space is at a premuim in there! It’s gonna be smoosh-city until I harvest the Coco kids!

The Kush did the trick earlier. Had a good 2-3hr nap :love: and now it’s regular bedtime and I’m about ready to sleep again. More Kush!
:hookah:

Really nice update, Amy! Plants look super healthy, and if I ever decide to get set up for indoor growing, I'm gonna hire you to do my lights! :circle-of-love:

if I ever decide to get set up for indoor growing, I'm gonna hire you to do my lights! :circle-of-love:
Thanks Luiz! I’ll be happy to share all the helpful information i used.

Honestly, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had learning about and building something. With your creative credentials as a maker, you’ll have a great time doing it I know!

I don’t usually do this kind of thing, but I’m so tired and I just can’t make a decision :eek: Which of these 2 pics should I share in the PhOTM this month? :hmmmm:

Nothing life and death about it, just a simple choice - probably between 2 equals - so i thought I would canvass some responses and then I might be able to decide myself. I may even end up against the grain :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom