Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Looking epic Amy. Awesome work.
Thanks ‘rugged! cheers for dropping by :Namaste:
hope the GT I'm going to drop this winter gets an equally good smoke report :)
Me too! I’m really looking forward to you growing one of those :D :popcorn:
It is, thanks! Wasn't it an experiment to see if there was much root growth in flower? That was my recall anyway.
Well I cut the bottom off because the soil in the pot was a bit depleted (or so it seemed) so we were alll curious to see if they would - but that wasn’t the driving reason for it.

It would be interesting to do that very early in flower tho’ - I’ve read Doc say a few times that a lot of root growth happens during the first half of flower.

:yummy: Midweek Update: The Autos!

full

Dark Devil Auto flower
It’s been a while since I took a close look at where the Autos are up to and auto-things move fast :surf:

Dark Devil Autos - day 40 (#3s) day 41 (#4s)

I had them out for a drench last night, just after lights on, so took the opportunity for some quick pics.

full

4 plants in 2 x 1gal - I can see it as the equivalent of a single plant in 2gal, and I’d be pretty stoked with that - so I’m pretty stoked!
:ganjamon:

Both of the #4s and one #3 are a single stem with nice nuggets forming at each node and a beautiful looking cola developing on top, very robust budsicles. The remaining #3 has more of the signature DDA structure, with some lower branches reaching up a bit.

full

I’ll be keen to give some of these their own pot in the future.

I swapped their positions in the tent when I put them back, making it so that the taller #4s sit next to the very tall Blueberry. The #3s were on that side before and were getting a bit swamped by it. They all have a bit more air now and have lined up really well into the back corners. Everyone wins.

full

They continue to smell pretty wonderful, grapes and gardenia (or freesias or similar) and very occasionally, as you’re doing stuff around them, a hint of shit :laughtwo: So that is very promising indeed. :thumb:

Auto Blueberry - day 39

I missed a trick not measuring this one from earlier on and tracking it’s growth. So damn tall! :D The breeder, Dope Seeds, says it doesn’t get above 1m and it’s just past that so I’m assuming it’s finished.

full

A few days ago I let it get a little bit too dry and since then it seems to have dropped its consumption. It wasn’t totally dry but it was lighter than I usually let it get. It’s not visually bothered from it tho and it’s also possible that it had a period of extra demand during the flowering stretch.

All the lowers have joined together in a lower canopy. I’ve cinched them in to the main stem to keep the horizontal space as contained as possible. You can see that the branch on the far right is from way down low, it is off the first node.

full

Above that middle ‘canopy’, more nice flowers. It’s a lovely plant to grow.

full

I stopped the Ca supplement when I moved to the flower nutes becasue I thought I should see how they go on their own. So far so good. The BioCanna nutes seem quite ok.

I’m noticing a very slight Mg demand (the curly leaf tips and some coloration on leaves which I’m not sure is so easy to see in the pics) so might give an epsoms foliar spray. Although info differs as to whether that is an effective way to give Mg. Anyone know anything about that? Its only subtle (demand not deficiency ;)), but I’m curious to try something gentle and see if I see an effect.

The aroma isn’t loud at all but when I rub it it definitley smells like my Blue Dream did. I’m so looking forward to trying it! Hope it’s good ‘night, night’ medicine.

Auto Amnesia Haze - day 40

About half the size of it’s sister plant at just under half a metre, this one is really electric and spikey!

full

The branches and stem are really solid and stiff and I don’t have the same need to cinch in the side branches as they are holding their own just fine. They have also (like on the Blueberry) created an almost level ‘mid-canopy’, with the very lowest branches joining the party.

full

And here’s the top! I’ve burnt the tips a bit and wound back the nutrient solution since then. It’s now getting the equivalent of 5ml/L (down from 6ml) which is just a little over half strength of what the company recommend for coco/hydro.

full

The smell is light and sweet, maybe that’s where the gardenia-like thing is coming from actually, and creamy. Again, not super loud, you have to handle it a bit to get it to share, but very lovely once it does.

I honestly couldn’t be happier with the way all the autos are performing. I’m facing the reality of having delayed their planting by about a month tho o_O. I knew I really needed to plant them within a week of the photo-periods. Even at the same time would have made sense. Then I would be harvesting them very soon, right when I flip the light to 11/13, leaving space for the big ones to stretch and flower. That was the plan, but life doesn’t always follow plans!

As it is, I’ll be flipping in about 4 days and these have another 4 weeks, at least, to go. It’s going to be an all-in party in here for while! I think I can see plenty of room in that air for many more colas :D

full

I’m stoked to have so much variety coming soon and really appreciate these fast turnarounds with Autos. Down the track I’m going to do some photoperiods 11/13 from seed as well, possibly quite soon actually, but good autos like these are still reliably quicker from seed to harvest - photo plants can vary a lot with how long they take to reach maturity.

Hope you all have enjoyed the time with the Auto kids and that you’re having a good week, with time to smell the flowers :yummy:

As always, thanks for visiting.
:love:
:Namaste:

Thanks h00k :thumb:
don't think I've had an auto finish under 10 weeks
that’s about when I’m expecting they will finish, the AH and Blueberry in any case (the DDAs will go longer I hope). They’re 40days now, another 30 or so to go.

Next year my plan is to do something similar to what you do actually, and grow a group of autos first, then drop the photos a month before the autos finish and cross them over a bit.

alotta variety in their Amy.
That’s the plan! I got alotta strains to try out looking for some keepers to run for while (& refine when and how to grow them). I have found my CBD source in Candida, now just working out how best to grow it.

How do you like the coco?
Good question. I’ve been holding off posting about that partly cause the grow isn’t done yet but mostly because it would’ve added wordy length to the updates and there’s been so much going on that I haven’t seen a window to fit it in, but seeing as you’ve prompted me now;

Mixed :)

I can see it’s potential to grow incredible plants, and with a different set-up in the future I’ll look to it again perhaps. I will also be adding about 20% coco to my HB soil on the next mix and adding some more to my outside soil that I had the custom amendment made for. I used about 10-15% coco in that soil when I first built it in 2017 and I think it will benefit from a little more.

AT this point in time, I need the wet-dry cycles soil growing gives as much as soil grown plants do. I’ve realised they give me action-rest cycles and I need these to survive and stay well enough to garden at all.

My recovery from that recent transplant day has been really hampered because I’ve had to do something every night and morning too (get water, mix, feed, and then wash the bottles etc. at some point - I try to do this every day, because...). It also often includes having to move one of them and while coco is lightweight, the need to keep it moist means it’s actually a lot of water, which is heavy, so I am getting very fatigued lifting the little pots regularly. I’m just managing (phewf! :D), just. Using Coco like this won’t be repeated.

Gotta try these things eh! Now I know :thumb:

Hope you didn’t mind the long answer! :laughtwo: I’ve thought about it areallot over the last couple of weeks.

I’ll use this BioCanna line again tho. I think the plants look pretty happy with it.

I cut the bottom off the pot it was in when I put it on the garden bed about halfway through flower... and some roots got into the garden bed soil a bit. Not a lot tho’, Is that the one you’re remembering?
I thought this sounded familiar!
So if you want to make sure that GTNL gets to enjoy the sun and the soil, you should make sure to press the pot down into the soil (not just bury it) or if you can sacrifice that pot, cut the bottom off and then sink it!
No idea why some things stick in my head and others are just gone :slide:

Oh I like 33% more!
Tell me about it! :laughtwo: I just did a -pre-flip- prune on it o_O 3 leaves and 3 branches at each node make things very interesting!
Great LAB tutorial Amy! I like the uses page too. Thanks :ciao:
:thumb:
Happy to hear it otter :D hope your weekend is good :passitleft: Mine is well under way, mid-way through Saturday and nearly ready for a nap!

..I wake up ready for a nap :)

Oh I’m always ready... circumstances need to get inline ;)

As it was I didn’t. I missed my moment and then was too restless :laughtwo: and now I gotsta bring some firewood for my burner for the night. And then it’ll be close to dnnner time... and then... the day begins fro the garden... and then I go to sleep for the night. So at least sleep is coming soon-ish
:meditate:

Pre-flower pruning and Leafwash on the big DBHBB plants is done. Lighting timer has been adjusted to 11/13. I raised the light to where I think is good for flower and tomorrow I’ll turn up the strips. Before and after pics of the pruning to come, when I wake up
:meditate:

27D0A14F-2331-4EAC-8C0C-6E0B6D92E776.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom