Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

:nomo: Good luck Amy!

Update: Candida CD-1 day 66 :green_heart:
On Saturday I began the preparations for the flip to flower and CD-1 was first to get a pruning.

Before:

full

full

full

full

full

Lots to do there! And I tell ya, this whorliness makes pruning a difficult task! Leaves and shoots everywhere :eek: . I removed a lot of little new shoots around the lower branches, like these;

full

And took quite a few larger shoots, any that were clearly thinner and not as vigorous as the others. Some of these were excellent clone candidates, but I’m not saving these genetics. The whorling and triple nodes start at about the 4th node on every branch so that seems a particular genetic expression, and one that I wouldn’t want to reproduce. It’s going to be fun to grow it out this time, but I wouldn’t seek out one of these kids!

Anyhoo... the prunings!

full

full

I took as few leaves as possible and really, overall, I think I possibly went a bit light and could have taken more. However, I was mindful of not removing too much. I’d rather under-do it than take too much and interfere with roots going into the stretch.

This is all of what I took;
full

After, starting with the understory;

full

full

full

full

I think there was only one instant when I said “oops! Wrong one!” :laughtwo: And maybe I could have taken more leaves. The approach I took was to reduce bunching, open it up for airflow and make space for what looked like shoots with potential.

Now we watch... :popcorn: and see.

Bubba next!
:Namaste:

Update: Bubba Hash day 67 :green_heart:

full

I did Bubba’s pruning while watching telly on Saturday night (some Test Cricket ;) ) and didn’t get many ‘before’ pics, except this one;

full

This is such a beautiful plant to interact with. Sturdy and soft with leaves like broad palms. :love:

full

I took about an equivalent amount as with the CD1, trying to leave all those beautiful big fans alone as much as possible!

Prunings;
full

Bubba is not a big brancher, so I am not necessarily expecting a lot of secondary colas in the middle. That said, there are a few and they have some room now.

After:

full

full

Little closer to all that middle growth :slide:

full

This must have been permanently in the shade before, it has a suntan line :laughtwo:

full

Tucked back in...
full

That was Saturday night for me and my Bubba :yummy: :love:

On Sunday night (which was last night for me) I gave both Bubba and CD1 a robust Leafwash. I regrettably didn’t photograph the event but it was a sight to see I can tell ya! I clipped my plastic drop sheet to the inside of the tent, making a tent inside a tent that protects the light and the fan etc. and then sprayed the hell out of the plants before lights on. That gave me the opportunity to wipe down the tent surfaces afterwards and have a nice clean environment going into flower.

I changed the timer on the lights and consequently got to sleep in a bit this morning (nothin’ to do... go back to sleep!). :thumb:

Last day of veg’ for Bubba and Candida. They are Leafwashed and ready to go!

full

That’s been my weekend. I hope everyone else’s weekend was also relaxing and full of plants :high-five:

As always, thanks for dropping by!
:love:
:Namaste:

Cheers h00k! Yes - they’ll probably both get one after a couple of days under the new light intensity. In that last pic, I’d raised up most of the others to where I want them for the duration, but the photo kids are still on the floor for now. They’re about 3’ from the light now and I’ll turn it up to bloom intensity tonight, so once they stretch they may be well inside the 2’ zone. Ideally I want 2’ btw the canopy and the light. I have some risers ready to go if needed :thumb:

Very healthy looking girls Amy! Your Bubba looks similar to mine with those giant dark green fan leaves. Does she smell yet?
It’s such a lovely plant! No smell to speak of as yet, just generally like ‘plant’ :) There’s lots of smells in there from all the flowering autos so it’s possible there seomthing subtle happening that I am missing. I’m sure there’ll something soon though.

Hi otter! :popcorn: Kush? :passitleft:

Must be nice
Indeed it is. Keeping on track so far. I’ve have a couple of runs with some challenges to overcome so it’s nice indeed to be having a smooth one :dude-knocking:

The Leafwash is primarily bug shielding, so part of IPM. It and yes it gives the plant a good wash. If i didn’t have the product I’d prolly wash with just water like this anyway. Plants love it! For a bonus it provides some foliar feed too, as it’s mostly fish hydrolysate with neem, karanja and orange oils. It’s done just before flip because once there’s trichome action we don’t use LeafWash ‘cause of the all the oils.

How’s your garden otter?

Nice pruning session. :thumb: I'm also in the "I'd rather under, than over trim" camp, and I often go back a couple days later and take a little more. I might be wrong, but I feel taking a little at a time in several sessions, instead of lots all at once, is less stress on the plant.
Love the leaves on Bubba! :love:

Hi otter! :popcorn: Kush? :passitleft:

Indeed it is. Keeping on track so far. I’ve have a couple of runs with some challenges to overcome so it’s nice indeed to be having a smooth one :dude-knocking:

The Leafwash is primarily bug shielding, so part of IPM. It and yes it gives the plant a good wash. If i didn’t have the product I’d prolly wash with just water like this anyway. Plants love it! For a bonus it provides some foliar feed too, as it’s mostly fish hydrolysate with neem, karanja and orange oils. It’s done just before flip because once there’s trichome action we don’t use LeafWash ‘cause of the all the oils.

How’s your garden otter?
AAAH not just water. I get it. Thanks. That'll be in a future grow. My current is going good. It's the daughter of a tri grower like yours. She a challenge and that's one of the reasons I grew her. I needed to do a better job understanding how to grow a troubled child. I'm getting what I asked for but she's growing beautifully at the moment.
Yes please to some kush. My niece calls it Happiness. I agree. Enjoy :high-five:

Garden look great Amy , i have a coco kush Auto growing that took off really slow then after a month ! started spreading out more than up ) , I can can't even get to the soil for all the leaves LOL Also a GG auto with a couple growth spurts in there with the limbs budding pretty good though ! I like the BBA she looks nice along with the rest . Way to Grow ! :green_heart::cheer:

Good question. I’ve been holding off posting about that partly cause the grow isn’t done yet but mostly because it would’ve added wordy length to the updates and there’s been so much going on that I haven’t seen a window to fit it in, but seeing as you’ve prompted me now;

Mixed :)

I can see it’s potential to grow incredible plants, and with a different set-up in the future I’ll look to it again perhaps. I will also be adding about 20% coco to my HB soil on the next mix and adding some more to my outside soil that I had the custom amendment made for. I used about 10-15% coco in that soil when I first built it in 2017 and I think it will benefit from a little more.

AT this point in time, I need the wet-dry cycles soil growing gives as much as soil grown plants do. I’ve realised they give me action-rest cycles and I need these to survive and stay well enough to garden at all.

My recovery from that recent transplant day has been really hampered because I’ve had to do something every night and morning too (get water, mix, feed, and then wash the bottles etc. at some point - I try to do this every day, because...). It also often includes having to move one of them and while coco is lightweight, the need to keep it moist means it’s actually a lot of water, which is heavy, so I am getting very fatigued lifting the little pots regularly. I’m just managing (phewf! :D), just. Using Coco like this won’t be repeated.

Gotta try these things eh! Now I know :thumb:

Hope you didn’t mind the long answer! :laughtwo: I’ve thought about it areallot over the last couple of weeks.

I’ll use this BioCanna line again tho. I think the plants look pretty happy with it.

Well said Amy! I understand what you mean. After one season of coco and multiple plants indoor I'm ready to grow much larger plants to fill the tents with less over all watering and mixing involved. I got tired of it too.

Back
Top Bottom