Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

:thanks:

Beyond the bugs, I don't think those roots are too shabby for a short-lived auto. They look mostly healthy and evenly spread throughout. But something was living down there :eek:. I've never seen anything alive in my rootballs (knock wood!).

In terms of air pruning, it causes the plant to send out new roots from the main center roots, which creates new feeder roots (the small ones charged with taking up nutrients and water). When plants get root bound in plastic pots, the main roots keep getting bigger and wrap around the outside of the substrate but don't produce new feeder roots, which lowers the plant's ability to take up what it needs to survive.

As I recall... :).

I've had completely root bound plants in cloth pots, and other than needing water every. damn. day, they didn't suffer deficiencies. They would have looked totally different had they been in plastic.

:thumb: makes sense — and that’s why I bought these. Thanks for saying the roots didnt look too bad. I had no point of reference really. When you grow in the ground, after harvest the roots just stay there :)
I'm a late voter for light burn
:thumb: I really can’t think what else it could be. It looked the same last night. Not worse or better i don’t think. Lower growth and buds look perfect.

I made a new batch of pain oil last week, using 18g of dried, decarb’d buds, 80g of AVB (already vaped buds) and about 7-800g of oil that was 70% Grapeseed oil and 30% Pumpkinseed oil. It’s a good batch :) Works perfectly.

I can also report that all the DDA buds are stabilised to 62% in jars and here are the final weights :yummy:

DDA d#3 dusty pink pheno:
71C83BA7-8D88-4006-AFF9-42DEC644E849.jpeg

D#4s - both were deep purple phenotypes:
0A867346-3DE0-4B67-9E47-5B40A74346B5.jpeg

SO along with the first D#3 purple, which was just under 10g once i found a stray bud on the floor of the drying area, that comes too...

d#3 Purple: 9.8g
d#3 Dusty Pink: 20.6g
d#4 Purple (x2): 23.9

Just around 54g of delicious DDA buds for me :slide: . Almost an ounce per gallon of soil! Pretty good eh!? :D

The buds are airy, like DDA buds often are, but they’re also surprisingly dense and very very sticky. My scissors are getting purple stains on them :eek:

:passitleft:

I had a great day today :D

I was combusting the DDA d#3 purple all day in the Hammer pipe with my garden helper buddy :bongrip: , while he did the hard labor I needed done to enhance and amend the outdoor raised bed in prep for the coming season.

I decided to add to the volume and structure of the soil so first he dug up the soil that was already there, loosening it up to a little over 1’ deep and adding some corro tin at the front for more retainer. We then added on top, the following; a wheelbarrow full of the soil from the bush pod sites I grew in a couple of seasons ago, a few litres of worm castings and 18L of hydrated coco coir. He dug this into the existing layer and blended it all together really well. Then we repeated that process. Once done we worked the custom dry amendment into the top few inches of soil and watered it in gently. We expect good rains throughout spring :)

2E9F831F-F249-4816-AFF5-986A92D637B5.jpeg

D5142DFA-733E-40C9-954E-0704A15FBE04.jpeg

BF95A0E6-490B-49BB-8D3A-DC7561261FD7.jpeg

D32EDDD8-A0C4-439C-8EF4-DC0287A6EBFE.jpeg

A81A2BB3-9E45-482B-BF79-365D18A12449.jpeg

F47CEF1F-EAA4-44D8-8BA8-785AB5F97769.jpeg

DBE7FA09-8281-419A-832B-75C885CF4B54.jpeg

So that’s had about 10 gallons of coco, about 5L of worm castings, about 30gal of leftover soil combined with native bush soil added — and the custom DBHBB amendment scratched into the topsoil. I think I have about 500mm depth to the very hard and eucalyptus-root-filled sub-soil below, now.

After this coming season, which will be the third grow in it, this soil will get tested again :blunt:

My buddy went home very happy with lots of goodies and I am very happy with what we got done. He also did a few odd jobs around the house that have been piling up - swept the garden shelter roof, cleaned a porch gutter, put heavy things back in the shed for me.

A good and productive day all round full of smiles fuelled by some d#3 buds :love:

I just love the power of cannabis as a bargaining tool with value...that's the way we do it out here in the boonies with my neighbors...the give and take of community is so old school; it's great.

Looks like it's ready for the summer fun :).
:thumb: ironically it’s the earliest Ive managed to get that kind of thing done, and this year I probably wont put anything in it until very late - after Christmas. We might have house and property inspections so I’ve negotiated jan-march as property lockout and will plant late and grow 4 small-medium plants. But they’ll probably all go in that bed so it’ll be getting all the summer fun!

Nope. It’ll be fine. It’s full of rocks of many different kinds an sizes including a little pumice and scoria. Plus the coco. Eventually I’d like to not be turning this over at all, apart from scratching up the surface occasionally. The aim is get it to the routine of a top-dress yearly and soil test every couple of seasons, making it a no-till high brix bed :D

Nice Rootopsy, but scary critters! Glad I haven't seen any of that so far on my root balls. Those DDA buds look so dang delicious! :drool:
Almost an ounce per gallon of soil! Pretty good eh!? :D
That's an interesting metric to use - I like it, and will probably use it on my harvest info. :circle-of-love:

Oh, and congratulations on another Photo of the Month victory!

:thumb: I like to drop my entry in early and then I can just relax and watch the slide-show :popcorn: , otherwise I spend half the month deliberating about which photo! Just pick one and go, woman!

I just saw that there is a Perfect Pipe listed among the prizes - oh my what a treat! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom