Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

came to your thread to say how happy I was to read this in a local (NZ) paper today
:high-five:

could do a lot with 2 plants outside!
gosh yes... I did think about that for sure! I know exactly what and where if I could legally do that here ... there is a supreme spot that we can’t use cause its pretty much right there when you come up our driveway! I’m rural so it can’t be seen from the road and it gets sun almost all day. Just anyone who visits would see it - it’d be like the welcome garden :D :yummy:

Not sure if you’re aware, but Queen Cindy is giving us a referendum on legalising at the end of next year
I was aware! I’ve been checking in on that process periodically. My other and I have a long running joke about political asylum in NZ :D If NZ legalises cannabis to grow for your own meds I could apply for medical asylum :laughtwo: ...
that DDA?! OMG!
Oh yes...
Sounds pretty amazing then
It so is - I told myself a few days ago that it was special and that I should save it for weekends to make it last longer... and then I went ahead and had some every day this week, so far!
:smokin: :meditate:

It’s thursday evening here now... and I’ve had a busy (for me) day and just finished restilaxing (i made up a word!) with some DDA in the vape in front of another weird and disturbing episode of the X-FIles :eek: o_O. Odd way to relax - but I often find intense things help my mind relax, for some reason. Or maybe it just gives it something full on to wonder about so I just let go of any things that may ‘trouble’ the mind. Mere distraction perhaps - but it feels like more.

I’m off to cruise the threads :surf:

Hey growmies! I need help with a quick question about the Candida CD-1: is this light stress/bleaching?

It’s yellowing only on the upper leaves. The lower leaves, which you can see in the second 2 pics, are still a lovely green, shiny even. It was sitting inside the 2’ zone from the light, so maybe that was too close (although so was Bubba, more so even, and it’s completely fine).

Feed/watering history fro CD-1 leading up to these pics is GE 3 days prior and a transwater 4 days before that. I’ve been drenching on the light side with this one because it burns easily, as you can see — my previous CD-1 was the same). So the tip burn was already there, its the fade/bleach on the upper leaves I’m wondering about.

So is it light bleaching? Or is some other weirdness going on?
FDAD8CB8-F025-45AE-94BE-E6228F104658.jpeg

36E0BEA4-3676-4A34-AF11-A08805548F05.jpeg

Lower leaves for reference:
458BC89D-6EF0-4EB8-B190-5C792AB2076E.jpeg

C1E55D1D-3060-4933-B2DD-250CF90B6C2B.jpeg

Lowers still nice and lush looking.

Seeing as it was due, I gave it the Cat drench last night and made it mild for this one (approx .5ml/soil gallon). Maybe I shouldn’t have done it at all and given a Transplant instead, we’ll see. I’m still figuring out the Cat drenches so whether it turns out unwise or not, I’m sure I’ll learn something :)

Thanks folks :Namaste:

Hi Amy, I had to track you down and thank you for the reference to Dr. Sulak. Of course this protocol involved Sue, I should have known...it was quite an emotional read, but I think I'm up for it. No, I KNOW I'm up for it.

Also, Neiko was in my email about the oil, I was thrilled, thank you again.

Holy cow, your photography skills are off the chart; I always appreciate a good pic of our favorite plant. The trich pics especially remind me of peeking into a jewelry box.

One more thing: didn't realize you were a half a world away, it sounds like....it's amazing that all of us can have so much in common....

Have a sparkling day! Maybe in your case, a relaxing/chillaxing evening.

Congrats on the DDA harvest, Amy! :high-five: I think maybe next season, I will be trying the DDA as well. Looks amazing!

That looks like light intensity to me. I do notice as the plant gets closer to harvest it prefers less light. Notice how shiny the lower leaves are still, that shows me where the sweet spot is. They seem to handle the intense light earlier in flower then want less as they near harvest. If it was hungry it would be eating the lowers 1st.
Excellent - that was my thought process exactly, about the lower leaves. I hope we’re right :)

Hmnnnn?...I dunno'...my Candida for the most part is 6 to 12 inches below the lights without any adverse effects...of course there could be a difference in light intensity...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...
I had noticed that too. What kind of light is yours h00k?

gotta wear shades.

Totally - I do! And yes - that outdoor Candida did had issues with the intense sun, but they were different — the leaves would droop and i’ve not seen others have this particular issue, but perhaps its just the sensitivity manifesting differently. I’m determined to develop my growing relationship to this variety - the medicine is just soo good.

maybe next season, I will be trying the DDA as well
:high-five: it’s special
I'm up for it
:thumb: :high-five: Folks will be around on that thread if you need comradeship during the process ;)
skills are off the chart
:thanks:
always appreciate a good pic of our favorite plant. The trich pics especially remind me of peeking into a jewelry box
My thoughts exactly!
Have a sparkling day!
Thanks Shawnee! You too :) And a warm, weed-filled welcome to the garden :welcome: V glad to have you along :D

Oh and generally folks — speaking of how good the Candida CD-1 medicine is, imagine how happy I was when this text message dropped yesterday, from my canine CBD ‘patient’!
9234ACAF-ABA8-4AC4-BF7D-2E0A9B71A9A3.jpeg

:love: :bravo:

She is off all anti-inflammatories. :slide:

IKR! I’m very proud of the mommas for taking the plunge and trusting my advice, and the meds I make. A leap of faith on their part, for their beloved. I’m happy for the little fur ball. Pain is so exhausting. Apparently she is calmer with more energy (used to have a bit of anxiety as well)

An Australian territory has yesterday legalised the possession and cultivation of cannabis — folks can now grow 2 plants and carry up to 50g in public. Don’t know how much you’re allowed to have in your house, I haven’t looked at the finer details. At one point it looked like it was going to be 4 plants, but it was obviously negotiated back to 2.

But this is pretty big. The Australian Capital Territory decriminalised cannabis for years, in a similar way, during the 80s until that law was wound back and it became a criminal offence again. So this new move to legalise possession and cultivation to this level is a big step in our extremely conservative political climate. The ACT is probably the most progressive government in the country, but as it’s a Territory not a State, the Federal Govt can nullify it’s laws through the courts - which has happened in the past. Most commentary is saying that won’t happen this time.

I’m not very far from there, and I have friends there... and I’ve thought about it of course but I’m not yet tempted to move. It’s land-locked and I love the sea too much. I think if I moved inland it would be right inland — central dessert kind of inland.

Just wanted to spread the news - let’s hope this is the positive beginning of a wave of legalisation and that it continues to include freedom for homegrows and craft cannabis :D

:cheer: :cheer::cheer::cheer:
That's great news Amy! I hope it spreads like budda on a warm day.

Update: Bubba :love: Hash — day 108/39(33) :rollit:

Sunday morning wake n bake! :ganjamon: DDA d#3 purple in the Solo pipe so this could take a while :laughtwo:

full

I’m really happy with this for my first Bubba. I’ve just been hanging on for the ride really and only just keeping up with it i think. Looking back I can observe ebbs and flows in growth and behaviour and I hope it becomes one I want to grow all the time because it is lovely to grow.

This update is the pre-Cationic drench looks. I’m going to try to get some comparison pics in between drenches and then after as well.

full

The lower leaves are pre-drench droopy and also from the way they’ve been a bit squished with all the crowding. I’m hoping that’s all it is - the upper leaves are all good. It’s a bit bunchy still in the lower bud areas but I’m past doing much about that now. It’s week 5 of flower and I‘m just going to watch how everything develops from here on out - maybe tuck the odd fanleaf here and there.

full

full

full

And a couple more bud shots for Cat Drench comparisons :D

full

full

There’s already frost on the edges of the larger fan leaves so that’s something to be excited about :popcorn:The aromas were a bit muted during this session. Still lemon merengue pie, but more subtle and only really noticeable if I rubbed the plant. And hints of cinnamon spice ... and still dirt. Just less loud. However, that could be me as yesterday some friends came in here and could smell it whereas I couldn’t, so...

I think there’s not much more to say about this one. It rocks along and really likes active soil fed on the higher end of the scale. I did the Cat that way as well - 1ml per gal of soil in about 4litres. The Cat was maybe a touch late, the timing just worked out that way and it’s not outside the window or anything, so next time I’ll aim to do an earlier one and see the difference.

Brix is due and I still haven’t decided if I’ll give it between the Cats or wait till after. I’m thinking it should be fine.

Update on the Candida CD-1 later today. I’ve had breakfast and another wakenbake toke since I started this update ... cuppa tea is about to arrive :love:. Sunday morning happy days. I hope you all are having an equally lovely whatever time of day it is!

full

:love:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom