Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Happy Weednsday Ice :thumb:

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

I was reading on this University of Florida website PI-102/PI139: Plant Growth Regulators about PGRs. WOW. There like steroids for plants. Although, there are many different types and some actually inhibit plant growth - these are used on lawn grass, to limit plant growth so you can mow less. So, I wonder which hormones are in International AG Labs PGR formula.

I wrote an email to the lab so I will hopefully get a response....Just for your information, the "LAB" doesn't like to be mentioned on cannabis related web pages since they are in a non legal state and their focus is agriculture. So for future reference, just say "the Lab" or the product names directly. :)

I will post what they respond, If I get a response. From everything I read, like I had mentioned in my earlier post, it seems to all be extracted from seaweed. The dangerous hormones with the health concerns are the synthetic ones, not all PGRS, there are only specific ones I could find.

2 of the banned for agricultural use PGRS are : Paclobutrazol and Daminozide which are man made from what I read.

Great Info on the made made stuff Happy Thurweed day Ice :thumb:

That's a great idea Ice. Can't wait to see if they'll divulge their secret formula or ingredients. Daminozide is sold as Alar, the cancer stuff they put on apples; Paclobutrazol though, has some interesting effects on plants: It acts by inhibiting gibberellin biosynthesis, reducing internodial growth to give stouter stems, increasing root growth, causing early fruitset and increasing seedset in plants such as tomato[1] and pepper.[2] PBZ has also been shown to reduce frost sensitivity in plants (Wikipedia)

That's a great idea Ice. Can't wait to see if they'll divulge their secret formula or ingredients. Daminozide is sold as Alar, the cancer stuff they put on apples; Paclobutrazol though, has some interesting effects on plants: It acts by inhibiting gibberellin biosynthesis, reducing internodial growth to give stouter stems, increasing root growth, causing early fruitset and increasing seedset in plants such as tomato[1] and pepper.[2] PBZ has also been shown to reduce frost sensitivity in plants (Wikipedia)

I haven't heard back from "the lab yet" I think I may call them today and see if I can get them to send me a MSDS or ingredient list.

I haven't heard back from "the lab yet" I think I may call them today and see if I can get them to send me a MSDS or ingredient list.

Just called them, spoke to one of their reps, and they are going to either email me or call me back.

wow talk about serious growing lab results for the soil
been kinda reading along with the brix thing might be a bit of a hassle to try here
if I cant get the recommended soil and have to send out samples to a lab to find what to use is not feasable for me
Happy Freeweed day Ice :thumb:

Well a least we know you've used "the lab's" products and haven't grown a 3rd eye or stomach tumor.

Yeah they still haven't replied either, I emailed them, called them and they told me someone would get back to me, but its been 2 days and no contact...HMM I wonder if Docbud knows whats in PGR?

I will be doing an update later today when the lights come on...

So far the ladies are looking great. I waited a few extra days to water them this cycle because I really wanted to get the roots to stretch out through the soil and so I waited until I saw a slight leaf wilt before watering.

The last feeding was a T and J tea : 5 gallons of R/O water mixed with 2 large spoonfuls of tea activator, and 3 large spoonfuls of biominerals (gosh this stuff stinks horribly...it smells close to a belly button that hasn't been washed in a week...yuck!!!

But I have to say, the plants love it!

The plants are still stretching daily at this point, but still not really showing any pre-flowers at this time, however I have noticed a slight increase of the white pisitls that the plants are showing so it wont be long.

Last night I mixed up a foliar spray consisting of 1/2 gallon of R/O water: 1 floz of bloomit, 1/2 fl oz of PGR, 1/2 fl oz of cold pressed seaweed, 20 ml of Advanced Nutrients Organic B and a few drops of yucca extract. I sprayed the girls and I'm sure they will look incredible when I open the tent today when the lights come on...

I will update the photo's later...

:popcorn:

hey ice do your plants handle that foliar mix no problem?
just wondering because i go way more diluted and im curious if there is benefits with more concentration.

ludweed

My spray is pretty dilluted and they seem to handle the mix fine, I might actually dillute it slightly more because it does manage to burn some of the tips of the leaves and leaves spots, so I think it may be a tad bit too strong.. overall the plants really seem to like it :)

Ice; 2 large spoonfuls? As opposed to 2 small spoonfuls? Depends on who's belly the button is on?

Yeah, I just used a large sized dinner spoon. Not a serving spoon but one you would eat with. The mixture actually calls for much more that I use, about 4x as much, but I think it isn't quite necessary to add that much and so far my plants are loving it.

As promised, even though a bit late, here are the photos of the ladies on Day 8 of flowering. Definitely looking very high brix, leaves pointing upwards, leaf shine and vivid newer growth :)

Here are the girls and their photoshoot:
DSC08557.JPG
DSC08558.JPG
DSC08559.JPG
DSC08560.JPG
DSC08561.JPG
DSC085622.JPG
DSC085631.JPG
DSC085643.JPG
DSC085652.JPG
DSC085662.JPG
DSC08567.JPG

And here is a nug of Ogiesel that I enjoyed yesterday!
DSC08556.JPG

Lovely Update Ice Screens nice and full Happy Skunkday :thumb:

Hey Ice,Plants look great.Do you think the top led 80x5 will replace a 400hps.you probably have already said,thanks for your time.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom