Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More

I posted this on a different forum on October 13, 2016, about a month before Prop 64 passed.... just by reading the bill text, I predicted all the bad things that are now a reality.... Here is my original "say no" message from 2016..

Prop 64 gives too much power to local city and county governments, and about 95% of California cities have now banned any commercial cannabis business, dispensaries, deliveries, everything!

Prop 64 will allow you to grow 6 plants, but also allows cities, such as San Clemente can require you to purchase a license to grow your 6 plants... ???what?? so we vote to make it legal, and now we have to pay our city, put our name on a list? who can access this information? your insurance, Child protective services, home loan financing companies, banks, jobs??? its not written into legislation on where that information goes if your required to get a city permit for your LEGAL 6 plants...

Prop 64 will require medical users to go to a primary care physician to get their medical license, but there is no protection for the doctors... how many doctors will prescribe cannabis when they are required by law to only prescribe FDA approved medications... hmmm sounds like BS to me, how many doctors are really going to risk giving everything up to prescribe cannabis with no protections?

Prop 64 will require medical patients to register with the state... so now your information is in a government database.. Yep, no 2nd amendment for you, also the legislation states that you will be notified if someone requests your MMJ information, but there is no provisions written that you can deny the request...

With the passing of MMRSA early in 2016, and now MCRSA, approximately 95% of the California cities have banned all commercial cannabis business, and many cities, especially in socal have banned even medical growing. So now there are only about 10-15 cities out of 490 something cities in California allowing for commercial cultivation permits... and these cities only have small zones allowing it... therefore the little bit of real estate that is in these cities, in these zones has skyrocketed in price, I mean millions of dollars for an acre? so who can afford to even get into the business??? only millionaires, established brands, big corporate money...YUP!

Prop 64 will allow cities and counties to BAN outdoor growing, forcing those with land to bring their grows indoors, not only cutting down on the size they can grow and limited by plant counts, but also will put even more stress on our electrical grid and raise the carbon footprint.

Prop 64 does away with the ability to give promotional "free" products away... no more First time patient deals, no more going to trade shows or cannabis cups and getting free seeds, or products...

Prop 64 offers no protection against CPS taking away your kids.

Prop 64 in many ways stiffens the penalties, and still includes offenses that will result in heavy fines, drug programs and even prison time.

Prop 64 now requires all "legal" cannabis businesses to obtain a license... but there is no mention of costs of these licenses yet... so what happens when they say, oh you want a 22,000 foot warehouse... well that will cost you $100,000 per year.. plus the tax per square foot of your canopy..

Prop 64 also will control pricing to make sure that businesses can not undercut each other...which is great for large cultivation facilities who can operate and produce product at extremely cheap prices... but how with the small guys, or the medium size growers do? how will they profit trying to keep up with large scale production operating with much more profit?

Prop 64 requires superior record keeping, seed to sale tracking, and also if you are a license holder, guess what, your 4th amendment also gets removed, as being a licensed cannabusiness allows for government inspections anytime without notice during normal business hours, records can be inspected, and pretty much if 1 record is misplaced or improperly logged, huge tens of thousands of dollars fines you will be slapped with...

The cost of cannabis will go up, as not only a 15% state tax is slapped on, but almost $10 per oz on top of that, plus allows for local cities and counties to add their own tax... therefore that $60 1/8 now may cost $70-84 or more. Eventually the prices will come down slightly.. but who is going to buy cannabis legally if black market is cheaper... same thing that is going on in Colorado, and its hurting the legit businesses as they have to pay such high taxes, payrolls, leases..etc...

Prop 64 limits personal grows to 6 plants per household...not per person..

Prop 64 contradicts itself withing the text, in some places saying its legal to possess 8 grams of concentrate, and in other sections saying only 4 grams.

Prop 64 will require anyone over 18 who is caught with over an ounce or 4 grams of concentrate, will receive either or both a $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in jail (this is legalization?)

Prop 64 will include penalties of up to 6 months in jail, and/or $500 fine for growing over 6 plants.

Overall Prop 64 will be ONLY good for big money corporations, investors, and tax recipients, but will not be good for small business, patients, the public or anyone else... VOTE NO on PROP 64!!!!

Great discussion here guys!

How is everything going Icemud?

Hey Weenmeoff!

Things are going good lately, sorry I haven't updated in a while... My fem seed project with STS although not ideal, did yield some seeds... not many at all, and not all the plants in the tent were pollinated, but I did manage to get about 50 or so Trainwreck x Black Cherry Soda, about 30-40 Trainwreck x Private Reserve og, 4 seeds from Ogiesel x trainwreck, 1 immature seed from the Trainwreck x Mendo Grape Kush....None from Harlequin, skywalker og, or GDP (GDP died on me before the finish..was too short and was getting buried by taller plants and got overwatered), and no Backcrossed Trainwreck which was a bummer...

The current Xmas Bud project is still in veg... I've been working on keeping all the plants health up, because of my old recycled soil, I believe the ratios and EC are so out of wack the plants are growing very slow, and having a hard time staying happy, so I will be dumpiing all of my recycled soil and starting fresh soon.

Now that I have my other tent cleared out I will be taking some clones this weekend and getting them started for the next regular seed project. I also will be deciding on what seeds to pop for the next regular project as well. I have so many to choose from, but I am leaning strongly towards a couple which as the time comes I will make a decision on.

Other than that, just been busy with work.... as a compliance manager in the legal cannabis industry with 2 separate companies to keep in check, my days are never boring... I'll put it that way... generally though by the time I get home I'm burned out and want to kick my feet up and chill... what sucks is my job is so information intensive, I don't even smoke cannabis all week and only on fridays and saturdays because for whatever reason I just can't retain information as good smoking every night... wish I could because I probably would be more cheerful.. LOL

Anyhow things are good, and sorry I haven't been on here a lot lately... but I will do an update over the next few days... Hope all is well with all of you!

Oh ya I wanted to know how the STS worked out for ya Ice?

Hey Dealer!

Check my previous post for an update on that project... overall it wasn't a wipe, but it wasn't a total success either... I was actually surprised I got more than was visible and expected, but still wasn't pleased that I couldn't get BX'd seeds either which was the purpose of the project.. overally though some is better than non so I'm ok with that... so I guess out of the fem seed runs... 1.5 out of 5 isn't great, but at least I have some for future :)

Well, I'm all caught up on the journal. All good stuff, but not too happy that you made me go out and place another seed order I didn't need! I just had to grab some Monkey Balls (if you know what I mean!) :rofl:

:welldone::thanks:

Hey Everyone!!!

Quick update...

So here is the results from my feminized seed project using Silver Thiosulfate to reverse my Trainwreck. Overall I wasn't extremely happy about the results, but I'm not upset either as I have a few choices to choose from in future grows and to carry on some interesting genetics..

I may be trying STS in the near future with some different strains, so hopefully the next attempts will yield much better in terms of seeds...

Here is the current grow I have going on, with Hazeman's Pine tar Kush, aka 79' Xmas Bud.

I have to take clones of all of the other plants over the next few weeks and then once I have at least 1 rooted clone of each strain (excluding the Xmas Buds) then I will flip to flowering and do an open pollination. I am not keeping any of the Xmas buds as clones because I have more of the seeds to pop if I need to in the future, as well as the goal will be to doing an open pollenation to make more Xmas Bud seeds (selfed) plus crossing it with my 9 other strains.

Anyhow will have a busy next couple weeks so probably won't update for at least 2 weeks but here are the 79 Xmas Buds in all their glory... well sort of.. the old recycled soil has been such a pain this grow I have spent more time flushing than I ever want to do again.

I am in the process of dumping about 200 gallons of this old soil in the dumpster garbage bag at a time, so tedious.. but hopefully before these new clones pop roots and get put into pots, I will have some new fresh soil for them to enjoy :)

Well, I'm all caught up on the journal. All good stuff, but not too happy that you made me go out and place another seed order I didn't need! I just had to grab some Monkey Balls (if you know what I mean!) :rofl:

:welldone::thanks:

Hahahaha!! !funny! Just a FYI... hazeman also has "purple monkey balls", well not hazeman, but the seeds are called that... and from what I understand they are completely different than monkey balls which is Tom Hills deep chunk.. I guess the purple monkey balls is something like sputnik x (acopolco gold x c99) which also really intrigues me... both sound amazing :)

I am really leaning to running the monkey balls next run, but something also is hinting me to run the grape stomper too.. so we will see, i need to make a decision in the next 2 weeks :)

Hey Ice! Sorry it wasn't what you wanted but glad it wasn't a wash and you got some seeds! No worries on the lack if uodates, do it when you can. We'll be here. Maybe try micro dosing during the week....?

:passitleft:

Yea, pretty stoked to at least not have a total fail like previous grows... so definitely pleased with having some seeds to show for :)

Yea life has been busy lately, the life of a compliance officer in the legal cannabis market, for 2 companies, with ever changing regulations keeps me on my toes... and on lots of caffine...LOL... by the time I get home my brain wants to shut down and count sheep... lol

I've thought about micro dosing, but for me, I've always been one of the sensitive type, where even things like a benedryl or sudafed will knock me out easily... so even microdosing cannabis for me, is like probably what most people feel when they smoke a few bowls.. I've always had a low tolerance to most things... except alcohol, which is why I don't drink anymore...except for an occasional dinner wine...

I should though try some CBD as maybe a blend of a high CBD with a very low THC maybe would do the trick... THC makes me extremely introverted where I get on my "leave me alone" type vibe... LOL

Its funny though... I never expected that when I began working in the legal cannabis industry, I would darn near stop smoking herb... too funny.

Its honestly a nightmare doing compliance though in this industry, as the state every month has changed their regulations which involves me revamping many processes within the company. Sometimes I almost feel as I should just say screw the legal industry and just work a non cannabis job... or go back into music engineering... but I have to say there is something quite unique about being a pioneer in an industry that has never existed "legally" before in the US.

Hahahaha!! !funny! Just a FYI... hazeman also has "purple monkey balls", well not hazeman, but the seeds are called that... and from what I understand they are completely different than monkey balls which is Tom Hills deep chunk.. I guess the purple monkey balls is something like sputnik x (acopolco gold x c99) which also really intrigues me... both sound amazing :)

I am really leaning to running the monkey balls next run, but something also is hinting me to run the grape stomper too.. so we will see, i need to make a decision in the next 2 weeks :)

I have seen the Purple Monkey Balls but I assumed it was a Monkey Balls cross.

Along with the Monkey Balls, I also ordered some Dark Devil Auto and that order was the first/only time I've paid for regular (non-feminized) OR auto seeds. The Dark Devil is only available as an auto but every grow I've seen produces just incredible looking buds, so I'm anxious to try it, even though I'm not a fan of autos.

So, my plan is to use the Monkey Balls for breeding, and I'm hoping I'll get a male I can use to pollinate one of the DDA's to produce some "Dark Devil Monkey Balls" photo seeds! ;)

I may be trying STS in the near future with some different strains, so hopefully the next attempts will yield much better in terms of seeds...
I am throwing my hat in the ring with STS too. Used rooted clones from four strains of feminized seeds and sprayed every few days for three weeks, starting a few days before flip. They all are covered with pollen sacs and the first ones are opening...all blanks! Very early and most sacs are still maturing, but I now know the sting of pollen failure!

Not buying it's strain related. After some research, I have developed a hypothesis. The upshot is the STS stopped ethylene production to produce sacs, but the plants need some ethylene to develop pollen. So I think I went overboard on the application. What I read was to stop at first sign of sacs and let them grow out, in theory allowing some ethylene to be produced and develop pollen. I, on the other hand, sprayed the hell out of them and kept spraying well after sacs developed. I will let them grow out completely and see if any pollen surfaces. But for next time, I will spray less often, more days apart, and stop sooner. Hopefully it works!

I have seen the Purple Monkey Balls but I assumed it was a Monkey Balls cross.

Along with the Monkey Balls, I also ordered some Dark Devil Auto and that order was the first/only time I've paid for regular (non-feminized) OR auto seeds. The Dark Devil is only available as an auto but every grow I've seen produces just incredible looking buds, so I'm anxious to try it, even though I'm not a fan of autos.

So, my plan is to use the Monkey Balls for breeding, and I'm hoping I'll get a male I can use to pollinate one of the DDA's to produce some "Dark Devil Monkey Balls" photo seeds! ;)

I contacted Hazeman to verify the difference between Purple Monkey balls and regular monkey balls.

Monkey Balls is a phenotype of Tom Hill's deep chunk
Purple Monkey balls is from SnowHigh Seed stock and is Purple Monkey Balls »»» Sputnik 1.0 F2 x Acapulco Gold x C99

I'm still debating what I will use next run for breeding.. I'm really leading to the regular Monkey balls since Tom Hill's deep chunk seems to be such an old school legend but still debating. :)

I love the name Dark Devil Monkey balls, peaks the curiosity for sure!

Back
Top Bottom