Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

The spectrums are already on his site. But I'm not talking about spectrum, I'm talking about the custom light schedules in the programming options.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Just want to say Icemud that I've been reading your journals and I'm really impressed.

This particular grow is of much interest and I'm about to start a grow using LED's because I'm convinced by your prior and current grow it's the only way to go.

Love the video updates and pictures as well.

I look forward to seeing the rest of this grow.

I've subbed to this one and registered on 420 due to your great work.

Thanks Dude

Hey welcome to 420 gumnut. Interesting username by the way. Glad you decided to join. Icemud is good journal to start out with as your first post. You should go to the introduce yourself forum and make some new friends. Will you be starting a journal yourself?

Imagine the lights having a wifi capability; then you could program, control, and monitor from an iphone app.

That would be a nice option. But just haveing a couple more custom channels wouldn't add cost. Thats what I was thinking anyway.

Sorry
DankyDavid

is it possible for the chip running the board to be programmed to show a usage category what would show watts used so far that day, week, total veg time usage, total flowering weeks usage and total start to finish?

I guess one of those plug in watt misers can do it, but if it is just a matter of programming something, it shouldn't be that difficult or cost anything.

The spectrums are already on his site. But I'm not talking about spectrum, I'm talking about the custom light schedules in the programming options.

These controllers are for more than cannabis. Short-Day, Mid-Day, Long, Day plants if you grew these different kinds then the controller would make more sense to you. The customized setting is the major winner for us cannabis friendly folk. Perhaps some day in the future I can arrange for one with more features and customzed channels.

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update.

Yesterday I fed the girls and also gave them a foliar spray. The mix was 5 gallons of r/o water mixed with: 3 large tablespoons of t and J tea activator, 1 spoonful of epsom salts, 10ml of humic acid, 24ml of hygrozyme, 30ml of 1-1-1 bioroot and 20ml of botanicare cal/mag with added nitrogen and iron 2-0-0. 3:1 Ca/Mg ratio.

Today when I opened the tent, the girls looked very perky and the leaves had a extra shimmer to them it seemed like :)

One thing that I noticed with these Intelligent-Gro LED's is that the leaves in veg seem much larger than my other LED lights or even the CMH I was running in the past... Definitely the plants are loving this light :)

Well Here are the girls today..

Full Tent views..

DSC088811.JPG
DSC088822.JPG
DSC088901.JPG

GDP
DSC08883.JPG
DSC08884.JPG

Harlequin
DSC088852.JPG

Green Candy OG
DSC08886.JPG

Black Cherry Cola
DSC088871.JPG

Purple Dragon
DSC08888.JPG

Ogiesel
DSC088891.JPG

DankyDavid

is it possible for the chip running the board to be programmed to show a usage category what would show watts used so far that day, week, total veg time usage, total flowering weeks usage and total start to finish?

I guess one of those plug in watt misers can do it, but if it is just a matter of programming something, it shouldn't be that difficult or cost anything.

I've seen one other LED company do this by adding Power meters (like a computer would use) but I really don't see any benefit from my standpoint. A kill-a-watt meter is better because it would be more cost effective, and can be used on multiple appliances. And once you know the draw of an appliance/fan/light, really I don't believe it changes much. Matter of fact, now that I know all the draws on my lights from the Kill-A-Watt meter, I hardly even use the thing.

They are coming along very nice Icemud. :popcorn:

Thank you Stealthgrow! I have to say these Intelligent Gro lights are rocking my plants!!! My plants leaves are much bigger than other previous grows under different light sources, and overall the growth rate seems slightly faster than my 400w HID lights and other LEDs.. Intelligent Gro work great for veg...I can't wait to see how they perform in flowering!

These controllers are for more than cannabis. Short-Day, Mid-Day, Long, Day plants if you grew these different kinds then the controller would make more sense to you. The customized setting is the major winner for us cannabis friendly folk. Perhaps some day in the future I can arrange for one with more features and customzed channels.

Can't imagine what other application could justify you selling these lights for!:hmmmm::idea::hmmmm:

@DankyDavid, I was currious; while running my 114 for 2 weeks now on my babies if there was a reason that you decided to make the lights with only 1 custom channel. Things like cloudy day, moonlight, and sunny days are cool. But it would be more practical (for me at least) to allow those other channels to be custom as well. That way you could have an early veg late veg setting as well as early bloom and late bloom settings. You could always post the presets on the website and let the users adjust as they prefer. Just a thought, what do the rest of you think?

I personally think the 1 custom channel is fine, because the light is only going to be used in 1 phase at a time. Programming the custom light schedule takes less than 5 minutes so really I wouldn't really see any benefit to having other custom channels. (other than saving 5 minutes of programming time).

Just want to say Icemud that I've been reading your journals and I'm really impressed.

This particular grow is of much interest and I'm about to start a grow using LED's because I'm convinced by your prior and current grow it's the only way to go.

Love the video updates and pictures as well.

I look forward to seeing the rest of this grow.

I've subbed to this one and registered on 420 due to your great work.

Thanks Dude

Hey Gumnut!! Welcome! I feel honored that your first post was in my journal!!! Glad to have you here and I am very happy that you have gotten good reading/use out of my journals.

I was a skeptic of LED for about 3 years and really didn't see the results I wanted, well until the industry started evolving and better, cheaper, brighter lights with more full spectrums started emerging. Once I started seeing grows that rivaled HID I really began to re-investigate LED lights and the market and I definitely think now it is a very worthwhile investment to go LED. For power savings alone it pays for itself within 1 year or less for most LED lights, and now that I have found that LED produces even more frosty buds than HID, I was sold :)

I definitely encourage you to follow along, these Intelligent Gro lights kick some serious Grass!!! LOL :) my plants love them!

Imagine the lights having a wifi capability; then you could program, control, and monitor from an iphone app.

I think that the next 5 years we will see this becoming the standard of all of our lives in many aspects. I think it would be awesome to be able to go on a business trip for a few days and be able to pull up an app on your phone to check your grow area temps, lights, humidities and other grow/environment related variables. I've actually already seen LED's on the market that do this and I have also seen grow room controllers for environment that also tie into wifi... I think it definitely will hit mainstream within the next few years :)

Looking good ICE, Im really liking LEDs, I sure wish try all this:thumb::high-five::lot-o-toke::welldone::bigtoke: killer bud everyone is growing, wow.

hey ice i gotta agree these lights are doing good work, my veggers are exploding the past week, thanks for the permission on your vid :thumb: your girls look great. :rocker:

HEY BID!!! I definitely am very pleased on how healthy and fast my girls are growing under these lights :) I can't wait to see them perform when I hit flowering :)

Can't imagine what other application could justify you selling these lights for!:hmmmm::idea::hmmmm:

I can...there are tons of indoor gardeners growing peppers, tomatoes, herbs, and even those that keep orchids and flowers that could benefit from the lights.

I can...there are tons of indoor gardeners growing peppers, tomatoes, herbs, and even those that keep orchids and flowers that could benefit from the lights.

I started 12 tomatoe plants, beets and cilantro under the other brand of LED you are doing a journal on. They are stunning. They are also in High Brix soil, which I used Doc Buds Kit. I need to sacrifice the tomatoes' space. I have one grow room, some plants are 1-2 ft tall with flowers and i have some plants i will need to up size pots this week. Maybe iwill move them into my living room.. Priorities... :rofl:

I started 12 tomatoe plants, beets and cilantro under the other brand of LED you are doing a journal on. They are stunning. They are also in High Brix soil, which I used Doc Buds Kit. I need to sacrifice the tomatoes' space. I have one grow room, some plants are 1-2 ft tall with flowers and i have some plants i will need to up size pots this week. Maybe iwill move them into my living room.. Priorities... :rofl:

I wish I had the room (indoors or outdoors) to do veggies and herbs as well. I miss having garden grown/homegrown veggies around and in abundance, nothing better than a fresh salad that you grew yourself :)

Back
Top Bottom