InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'll probably be doing it from 1 or 2 gallon directly into a 20 gallon (outdoor). It got really messy for me last year -- especially when I had to move my plants from root bound 10 gallon fiber to 20 gallon fiber pots. :oops:

Morning all! First my replies, then breakfast, then thinning, then Home Depot, then lunch, then roof-patching, then back here. That's the plan anyway :).
I was about to answer what a sous vide is as I've worked in a cpl kitchens on my travels...lol
Going to have to try this but need to explain to the missus why she needs it.....lol
I'm still not a believer in this method because I've never seen it duplicated anywhere nor read about it in the decarb literature, nor did his images at the end mention anything about starting and ending THC percentages. And if it does work, I'm going with a pot of boiling water. We're obviously not a sous vide family!
That's a mighty fine line up in the garden.....
Thanks!
I really hope u manage to keep the Candidas in the height u choose to.
I'm working on it. I haven't failed yet, at least until flip. But I have no fear of bending them to my will in stretch either :).
I’m finding the CD -1 a might delicate.
You and newty both...well, difficult. And Preston had some issues early on as I recall (though I may be recalling wrong).
I didn’t think things were that warm in your pocket of the globe right now.
Nah, not yet. This batch will be done before we get into any real heat but the next batch will have to survive the summer!
Edit: so it was a quick find! And it’s all here in one post.
:thanks:
How rude of me She’d, apologies! Great update and it’s nice to see BC get an upcan. Feels good when you knock some stuff out in the garden huh?
Sure does! I even cleaned up the courtyard when I was done rather than leave it for my son when he does his Sunday cleanup. What a nice dad I am.
Nice update! I like the inverse sandcastle method -- will have to give it a try here when the time comes for up-potting.
Neat and easy and stress free. Hard going from 1g to 5g but as long as there's more room on the sides it's a cinch!
I'll probably be doing it from 1 or 2 gallon directly into a 20 gallon (outdoor). It got really messy for me last year -- especially when I had to move my plants from root bound 10 gallon fiber to 20 gallon fiber pots. :oops:
Yeah, transplanting out of big pots can get unwieldy. The only time I had to do it was going from a 7g to a 10g and it was tough to move. The only upside was that the plant was pretty rootbound so the ball came out in one piece. And like I said, the hard part was having so little room down the sides. 2g to 20g will be a breeze. Not the filling a 20g pot, but the transplant anyway ;).

Off I go! Have a great Sunday :thumb:

See if you can get a real topiary look to it...an elephant would be good.
Shed and folks, I hope you’re all sitting down because I have a big announcement to make about my third FIMming attempt.

And that is... once again it failed.

I suspect this will be my last update on the subject, and my feelings about the experience can best be described through the following gifs. They go in sequential order and really capture the essence of my emotions during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd failed attempt.

Shed and folks, I hope you’re all sitting down because I have a big announcement to make about my third FIMming attempt.

I suspect this will be my last update on the subject, and my feelings about the experience can best be described through the following gifs. They go in sequential order and really capture the essence of my emotions during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd failed attempt.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:high-five:

Bedroom cookies have a slight claw going on ... better keep an eye on them ... but i guess the transplant will take care of that :ganjamon:
Speaking of transplanting, I transplanted a couple plants myself and they look real happy! Check this out, same plant. First picture is 34 days old, next pic 14 days later, last pic 10 days after that. Amazing plant, is it not?

Have you all ever heard of sous vide? Probably a dumb question but I was watching that cooking with cannabis show on hulu and one of the chefs usedit as a method of decarb. Grind up herbs into a vacuum sealed pouch and decarbed in water. It's supposed to retain more flavor of the product while allowing for a more even and precise decarb... I totally forgot to pass that info along but someone should try it!
Ive done something like that. Was a while ago tho

I suspect this will be my last update on the subject,
LOL! Thanks for taking us on that roller coaster ride with you Growca :thanks:. Sorry to hear but not surprised :).
Bedroom cookies have a slight claw going on ... better keep an eye on them ... but i guess the transplant will take care of that :ganjamon:
Thanks for keeping an eye out Pt! I didn't know it was in FFOF so I gave it nutes and that caused the claw. Should all be good now.
Speaking of transplanting, I transplanted a couple plants myself and they look real happy! Check this out, same plant. First picture is 34 days old, next pic 14 days later, last pic 10 days after that. Amazing plant, is it not?
Looks so good you're gonna need something underneath to support the ends of that quad when it flowers!
Hiiii
So nice update, all looks good. Could they be hungry? Mine was always a hungry Lil pig. She got the highest nutes and wanted more. Just a thought.
Sour G could be hungry. Or just light stressed. Either way it's under a CFL all night now and looking much better. Thanks!
Good to see the family photo, it’s hard to keep track sometimes. What a lovely garden Shed! :high-five:
Thank you kindly double H! They never seem to mind posing either :).

Sunday update!

It was trimming day and I spent a few hours getting all this done. I've got before-after pics of three of the four so let's go...

First up is the AK-47 clone, which I have turned into a mini-me of its mother. First the trim and then the bending:

Next up is its mother, the soon-to-be-flowered AK-47 (hard to tell the difference with the sun on it in the After pic but oh well). I did a bunch of supercropping on this one too:

And the Sour G shape has been bothering me for some time now, as it's been a bush and I don't like bushes! Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! This one I supercropped almost every branch before I even started trimming. Here is the difference:

I can't do supercropping without a little explainer, can I? Course not! I already talked about trimming with supercopping in mind (leaving lower branches that will reach the canopy after the bend), and I talked about how many more tops you can create using the technique (as opposed to just flattening the leaders).

Now I want to talk about supercropping to make room for other supercropping! In this example I bend branch that has no lower branches to grow up, but I've bent it away to clear room to bend a different branch that does have lower branches I want to expose. (Read the boxes in numbered order so it makes sense):

I know, right?

I trimmed loads of small branches off the Peyote Critical but it doesn't look any different because I left almost every adjoining fan leaf. So no before and after because it looks the same. And I have a cup of cuttings in water from each plant while I wait to see if the last batch take root.

Here is a shot from underneath the big AK-47 so you can see all the old bends (every place there's a brown spot on a branch):

Here is the stem of the PC that will eventually become one of @BeezLuiz's pipes:

And here is the base of Sour G, that will become the bowl:

And last but not least, what I did for the last 90 minutes of daylight:

That's one layer of patch, a 6" wide roll of fiberglass mesh, and another layer of patch. The whole area around my house stinks of roof tar...I wonder which smell my neighbor prefers ;).

Time for me to catch up on what you did today! I hope your weekend was a good one :thumb:.

Here is the stem of the PC that will eventually become one of @BeezLuiz's pipes:
Even some of those side branches look large enough for materials.

And last but not least, what I did for the last 90 minutes of daylight:

That's one layer of patch, a 6" wide roll of fiberglass mesh, and another layer of patch. The whole area around my house stinks of roof tar...I wonder which smell my neighbor prefers ;).
That does not look nearly as enjoyable as trimming plants. :(

Nice update Shed! Like the breakdown of your supercropping method.
Thanks Magoo! It seems to suit me well :).
Lol your neighbour will complain for any smell.
I wished I liked curry...
Busy Sunday and great update! Training looks great and I like how you've shaped AK especially. I cant wait to see how large the moms get man!
I hope not much larger! I'm thinking of flipping on Feb 1st (Friday) if I can sort out the light timing/flip location.
That does not look nearly as enjoyable as trimming plants. :(
LOL, it definitely wasn't! And my back and legs still hurt from squatting that entire time :(.
Great update man! Nice trimmings of the trees. :thumb:
The roof looks worrying....?
Thanks Crazy! It was overdue. The roof looks worse than it is because of the leftover patch I didn't bother to rip off. The leak is somewhere down the middle where the new tar is. It's supposed to rain later this week so I'll know soon!
Monrovia... I lived there for a few months. Arcadia Apaches!
A lot of the locally sold plants come in those pots. I don't think I've ever been there unless I drove through it on the 210!

Thanks Crazy! It was overdue. The roof looks worse than it is because of the leftover patch I didn't bother to rip off. The leak is somewhere down the middle where the new tar is. It's supposed to rain later this week so I'll know soon!

You did a great job! :)

We had a leaky roof like that on the summer house. Tried taring it together too but it never got good enough until I ripped the old one away replacing it with new. But I guess your house is a little bigger that 30 square meters. Hope the patching will hold this rain u are expecting. We got 10cm snow yesterday, days like this I'm glad I live in apartment still. :)

The X have gotten hold of an apartment now!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom