InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You’d think if the roots were as dense in the whole pot as they were in the solo cup it’d be hard to tell
My rootballs are pretty solid at the end, but I'd have to veg them a lot longer to have them fill a 7g pot the way they do a 1g pot or solo cup. And then I'd have a rootbound plant that would look like crap in flower, so I don't think that would be an improvement :).

That's an interesting business model! At a 15% return (I have no idea in reality) that's 2.4 ounces or 68g of shatter/wax. A gallon of ethanol alone would cost ~$125 and that doesn't include the time and effort involved, so it sounds like a good value to me. Are they doing CO2 or solvent-based (QWET/BHO)?

Definitely worth pursuing further. :thanks: for the info otter!

Thanks Chef, but you're probably the only person who didn't see this post! I transplanted them on Saturday morning and they seem okay so far. I did have to spray them with neem this morning for the aphids, but I don't think the two things are related!

I do find that when I get the solo cups really full of roots that the solo cup of roots is still very much apparent when I break up the rootball after harvest. Is that a good thing?

I'm not sure if CO2 extraction is the best method to limit the plant waxes and sugars though, as I thought that was a cold-temperature method similar to dry ice. I think commercial live resin is created using hydrocarbon-based extraction, usually butane.

Either way, I can't see sinking that kinda cash into an extraction machine when I'm sure my wife would prefer to save up to redo the kitchen at this point. :cheesygrinsmiley:
So it's a money maker I can only think. His reply below with 10 pounds fresh min order is around 1000.00 labor no testing. He left some good maybe facts on yield though. I had to tap out. I do believe this process is clean and what we want to vape. His reply:

"We will need to work towards a larger than 3# run. Our minimum is usually 20#. I can make an exception , but I would like at least 10#. You can either mix your strains, grow more of one, save up a couple harvests, etc.

Live resin yields are around 15-20%. 10# usually yields about 250 carts.

Testing would be additional depending on what you wanted to see."

So it's a money maker I can only think. His reply below with 10 pounds fresh min order is around 1000.00 labor no testing. He left some good maybe facts on yield though. I had to tap out. I do believe this process is clean and what we want to vape. His reply:
"We will need to work towards a larger than 3# run. Our minimum is usually 20#. I can make an exception , but I would like at least 10#. You can either mix your strains, grow more of one, save up a couple harvests, etc.
Live resin yields are around 15-20%. 10# usually yields about 250 carts.
Testing would be additional depending on what you wanted to see."
20lbs is a hella lot of weed, and even 10lbs would be tough for most folks to come up with. Since I started growing almost 4 years ago I've only harvested somewhere around 12 or 13lbs, and I dare say some of that has been smoked (or turned into oil). :cheesygrinsmiley:

That said, if you get 250 carts back for $1,000, the cost is only $4/cart (not including the carts) which isn't too bad. I think my son pays about $25/cart when he actually has to buy them, which doesn't happen as often as it used to. He now has IG and youtube channels where he promotes vape companies and they send him free stuff! Just not his fave company, because they don't need any promotion.

Sorry for my absence here lately. It's been really busy at work, but I promise to catch up soon on the 45 threads that are calling me.

In the meantime, plant pics incoming...

Spring grow Tuesday update!

Group shot of the Spring Grow (L to R Tin Can Kush 2-1-3, Red Dragon, Candida):

TCK1, day 25:

TCK2, day 25:

TCK3, day 23:

Red Dragon, day 25:

Candida, day 23:

I moved them outside into the shade this morning and sprayed them with Safer's Insect Killing Soap for the aphids, which seem to like the Candida best. I washed it off about 45 minutes later and left them in the sun for the day.

And finally, for those who were a bit freaked out by how much of the rootballs I chopped off, here are the Candidas clones three days later:

No worse for wear!

I hope all is going well where you are and that you and your loved ones are staying safe as we count down the weeks before I can stop saying that ;).
:peace:

...lookin' good shed!... :thumb: :thumb: ...things have gone for a shite here...457 cases in the first nine days of March, and previously, roughly a thou' in Jan/Feb...so far, that's way more than all of 2020...:eek::(...needless to say, any trips into town are, "proceed with caution"...:rolleyes:...any vaccine hopes are month's away...good thing I have a bathroom reno' to keep my mind off it...NOT!...;):rofl:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Thanks MrS! They're getting about 2g/gallon of MC and 2.5ml gallon MSA (mono silicic acid, 0-0-0)). I'll be bumping both of those whenever they finally drink what they got on transplant.
That sounds like 'dialed in' talk to me. :high-five:

Gov't. for the most part...our ability to produce vaccine was hobbled by previous govt.'s, and even tho' our current gov't. has like 400 million doses ordered(our population is roughly 30 million), they were a lil' slow to start(after an initial deal with China :eek:of all places, went bust) and now everyone is trying to look out for themselves...procurement is improving on a couple of the vaccines, but not at an acceptable rate in my mind!...most provinces have opted to extend the second dose vaccines to 4 months rather than the normal 3 or 4 weeks...crazy times...still!... :rolleyes: ...grin and bear it for now, and stay home as much as possible...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Gov't. for the most part...our ability to produce vaccine was hobbled by previous govt.'s, and even tho' our current gov't. has like 400 million doses ordered(our population is roughly 30 million), they were a lil' slow to start(after an initial deal with China :eek:of all places, went bust) and now everyone is trying to look out for themselves...procurement is improving on a couple of the vaccines, but not at an acceptable rate in my mind!...most provinces have opted to extend the second dose vaccines to 4 months rather than the normal 3 or 4 weeks...crazy times...still!... :rolleyes: ...grin and bear it for now, and stay home as much as possible...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
At least for us 420 fans if we are confined to home, we hopefully have a stash and a garden to amuse ourselves.
About this time last year I was starting to get a wee bit concerned about the dank smell coming from my balcony plants, and then the lockdown happened, which was oddly comforting because then at least I knew my surrounding neighbours would have next to no visitors and I was able to finish the grow without interruption. I'm now at that point again. :smokin:

I did spend a heck of a lot more time with my plants when I was locked down last spring! Now I double-mask at work sitting in front of an HEPA air purifier :).
at least I knew my surrounding neighbours would have next to no visitors and I was able to finish the grow without interruption.
At least if they had covid they might not be able to smell those amazing flowers! Blame your most excellent Prime Minister and that island thing you have going on. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom