InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Glad to hear from you buddy :)
You just rest up and you'll be back to the usual master farmer very soon I'm sure :)

If ya get chance have a quick look at my most recent post on my journal. Wouldn't have got there without help from this community including you :).

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Shed- I've got to admit, the way things are right now, I was getting worried...
Just take it easy, don't try to do too much till you're back to 100 per cent... :high-five:

Hey Shed! Your shed looks amazing!
20211129_101710 Sour G STS.jpg

Kiddin. Sorry bout the Sour G :confused:

Hope you get better soon!

Okay, so here I am with a Wednesday update of a few odds and ends accumulated over the last week or so. Apologies for missing so much, but I've been really low energy and can't seem to get my brain to focus for any serious length of time, so the bare minimum is about all I'm up to.

Back when I had more energy we went on a Friday-after-Thanksgiving beach hike so I could get pics of my kids and dog for the holiday card. I won't post that for obvious reasons, but here is the backdrop.

The Sour G I sprayed with STS until I finally ran out had nothing male about it and here it was on Monday morning:
20211129_101710 Sour G STS.jpg

And here it was a minute later:

20211129_101818 Sour G STS gone.jpg

Ain't nobody got time for that. :) I'm waiting for the non-sprayed one to reveg so I can start spraying it with a stronger mix.

Here is what happens with a heater in an uninsulated shed:
20211128_103438 shed nightime temps.jpg

That's a 15º swing, but it's better than having them get really cold in there! Wattage has been averaging close to 200w/hour with nights in the high 40's.

What else...

Here are a couple of (obviously) unrelated ladybugs that hatched on a Sour G:

The Candida that I was going to flower in the Big Gulp cup but moved into the 2 gallon after flip didn't significantly use the additional space for root growth. Here is the 2 gallon root ball:

And here is what it looked like when I shook it:

Pretty close to the original cup size. Oh well, it never got seeds anyway!

Here is the tent these days:
20211130_083604 in the tent.jpg

Finally, let's take a look at the Doug's Varin from @Weed Seeds Express on day 30 (1 week post-transplant):

It hasn't needed any water since the transplant, but it hasn't been all that warm either. Next feeding will be around 4g/gallon eq.

That's about it for me for today. I will try to spend most of tomorrow seeing what has been happening with all my subbed threads, but I can't be as on-the-ball as usual I'm afraid. :peace:

Many quotes and kind thoughts in my absence:

Thanks Verb! I had to tie it in a bit tighter to get it through the shed door without damage. :eek:

I'm not a consumer of THC, but my family is and they were famished. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I sure hope so sb! And one of those two new Candidas will replace the mother that is hogging half the tent now.

Thank you MrS! Doing my best. :high-five:

:ciao:

Thanks Jon! 7 gallon pot for the JH and I have no idea what kind of bug eggs those were. They didn't hatch, but maybe they don't on dead leaves? Dunno, since I never took an entomology class. :)

I've got no history on the DV other than what VG put in the opening of our joint DV grow thread.

Thank you Ljb!

Thanks Krissi... :ciao:

Thank you BigD!

Me too Stunger! I need to see if you have given us proof of life on your balcony. ;)

Thanks Boo. :hug:

Good vibes from the UK are always welcome. Thanks Moony!

Thank you Carcass. It's amazing how many college football games are played and re-run!

Thanks stinker!

Me too. Thanks Rex!

I love balloons!

Thank you Carmen, and nothing came out of the eggs. :( I guess I will have to google image search for a match...

And college football. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks Nev!

Thank you NTH!

Dunno what it is sb, but I hope it's gone soon. I hate feeling out-of-sorts. Glad you're on the mend!

Thank you Fudo. Regards to your Chief Inspector from me!

Thanks Rob!

Ditto dynamo!

And a lot of college football. :oops:

I bet there's a crystal for that! Thanks BVB.

Ahoy Maritimer! No mutiny on your watch, and thanks for the support. :thumb:

Thank you GDB.

Aww thanks HG! I miss y'all too.

Working my way back to you Bode! Ladies are doing better than I am I must say. :rolleyes:

Again!
Good to have you back Shed! Hope you're feeling a little better anyway even if you're not there yet. So you trashed that plant the bugs got to? Why? Cuz it was so obviously unproductive and a waste of time? I would have had a hard time making that call. Lol. Everyone else looks good, no worse for wear while you were down.

Hey Shed, hope you're feeling better amigo. :ciao:

I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to lower my soil ph in a hurry? It seems to have drifted up to around 7.5 which seems to explain the iron deficiency and now full on lockout. :nervous-guy:

Hey Shed, hope you're feeling better amigo. :ciao:

I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to lower my soil ph in a hurry? It seems to have drifted up to around 7.5 which seems to explain the iron deficiency and now full on lockout. :nervous-guy:
Hey @WreckLoose. Thought I'd step in here since the Shedster may be still healing.

I recently had the same issue and lowered the PH with 2 liters (one each, a day apart) of a water/vinegar solution mixed at 2 tablespoons of vinegar per gallon of water.

Glad to hear from you buddy
You just rest up and you'll be back to the usual master farmer very soon I'm sure
If ya get chance have a quick look at my most recent post on my journal. Wouldn't have got there without help from this community including you .
Thanks Moony, and done!
Welcome back, mi amigo!
:thanks: Felipe!
Glad you're feeling a bit better, Shed- I've got to admit, the way things are right now, I was getting worried...
Just take it easy, don't try to do too much till you're back to 100 per cent...
Thank you Carcass! I'm working my way back slowly but I feel the pull of a Monday update I missed. :)
Hey Shed! I hope you are feeling better!
Thanks MG!
Hey Shed! Your shed looks amazing! Kiddin. Sorry bout the Sour G Hope you get better soon!
Thanks Verb, I think I'm on the mend. And it looks like I'll have some roots on Sour G clones soon, so the one I tossed was just another failed seed-making experiment. Easy come easy go!
Good to have you back Shed! Hope you're feeling a little better anyway even if you're not there yet. So you trashed that plant the bugs got to? Why? Cuz it was so obviously unproductive and a waste of time? I would have had a hard time making that call. Lol. Everyone else looks good, no worse for wear while you were down.
Thanks Jon! If I tossed plants with bugs I'd never have a single plant. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Sour G I tossed was the one I've been spraying with STS to try to get it to reverse for pollen, but it never did. The one with the eggs is the one that's in full flower with the Jack Herer (both flip day 32), and I'll try to get pics of those tomorrow.
Not the Mama!
LOL! Love that show.
Hey Shed, hope you're feeling better amigo. I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to lower my soil ph in a hurry? It seems to have drifted up to around 7.5 which seems to explain the iron deficiency and now full on lockout.
Thank you WL and nice to see you around! Sorry to hear about the 7.5 pH. :eek:

You can try the vinegar approach the GDB described below but I think that's a temporary fix. There are two ways to correct it long term. One would be to find a fertilizer with a higher percentage of ammoniacal nitrogen (aka NH4) and use that for a couple of weeks. The explanation for that is in my opening post of this thread. If your water has a high alkalinity content, then sulfuric acid (SAFETY FIRST) will bind that and prevent it from raising the pH of the soil. Here is a basic explanation of that process:
Hey @WreckLoose. Thought I'd step in here since the Shedster may be still healing.
I recently had the same issue and lowered the PH with 2 liters (one each, a day apart) of a water/vinegar solution mixed at 2 tablespoons of vinegar per gallon of water.
Thanks GDB! I was going to ask you how long the vinegar lasted in lowering the pH of the medium but I wasn't sure you wanted to do another slurry test. ;)

Hey GDB - interesting. Did you get any negative results whatsoever from that? Any spotting or anything? I was gonna say to start with a good flush, but maybe this is better, especially if the timing on a flush is bad. Cool. Thanks.

Thanks GDB! I've actually been using some apple cider vinegar the last couple of watering in place of ph down but I was still aiming between 6-6.3. Should I be using white vinegar instead? Do you know what the pH of your water/vinegar mix was when applying? Maybe 6-6.3 is still too high to fix the issue. :hmmmm:
Thank you WL and nice to see you around! Sorry to hear about the 7.5 pH. :eek:
Thanks Shed! It's been plain sailing until now, only 2-3 weeks from harvest and things have gone downhill fast. :(

I'll go with the vinegar for now as the other two options are near impossible for me to get in my area. I'm just hoping they can make it to harvest at this point. :nervous-guy:

Hey GDB - interesting. Did you get any negative results whatsoever from that? Any spotting or anything? I was gonna say to start with a good flush, but maybe this is better, especially if the timing on a flush is bad. Cool. Thanks.
@Jon, I did flush them before the vinegar treatment. Perhaps I should have mentioned that.

It seemed to do the trick. The new growth was fine. But the Geoflora Bloom she got shortly after the vinegar also may have kicked in to assist. There was also some blood meal in play during this period. Geez! I hope @WreckLoose reads this.

I feel foolish, giving such partial information about what I actually did.

That's what happens when I try to stand in for the ailing Shedster. I can't fill his shoes. (His feet are so much bigger than mine. :Rasta:)

Back
Top Bottom