InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

In case you missed the pic of the Sour G's this morning, it's here!

Also, look what just showed up in the mail:
20220406_151237 Trainwreck seeds.jpg

Big thanks to @Weed Seeds Express for the Trainwreck seeds! Now I have my summer grow ready to drop. I dropped on 4/20 last year so I just might do that again, but I better check first to see if I was complaining about it later on! :rolleyes:

Quotes:
Thanks for that. I've been way off then.. especially saying I buy my crap from argos
LOL I didn't mean to imply that you buy crap soil from Argos (unless you do!), just that the stuff I got from Home Depot was shite. :)
Plants are all looking lovely

Yes, I’ve grown a few autos outside and I feel like it’s too hot for them in the Central Virginia sun during the summer. I don’t plan to grow any autos outdoors this year. Just a couple of photos.
Thanks Boo! Hot-then-cold and damp-then-dry seems not to be an autos favorite way to veg, though they seem to do okay if you move them outside once they start to flower. I may try that some year, but for now I'll also stick with a couple of photos!
Hi Shed, that clone pic is a stunner. The lighting and placement are perfect . Mid and end April are going to be interesting. Looking forward to following along.
Thank you Carmen! I'm plowing ahead with everything in an attempt to have a much less complicate grow by fall: two plants, two mothers, nothing else? Holding thumbs. :thumb:

Yesterday, and great word Rex! Had to look that one up since Jon hasn't.

Today I wanted to show off the Sour G clones that will be the next seed-making project:

The one on the left with STS scrawled on the blue tape was the one I sprayed with (all together now) "STS" on Sunday evening. It will get another spray tonight and then put in the tent with the Doug's Varin for its first 12 hours of dark. The other two I plan to stagger the flip on to make sure I have nice fresh pistils to pollinate, assuming I get pollen this time. So that's April 14 and 21 for their first taste of darkness.

We'll see! :ciao:

The Sour G is high in CBG, correct? Are you hoping to get a high CBG, high THCV (despite WSE's recent info) strain out of this new pollen collection?

File this one under funky discoveries…. but you will never guess what else Neem seed meal is good for??
Covid? :cheesygrinsmiley:
The Sour G is high in CBG, correct? Are you hoping to get a high CBG, high THCV (despite WSE's recent info) strain out of this new pollen collection?
Sour G is a regular old THC plant (Sour Diesel x Gorilla Glue #4 x THC Bomb) and I'm trying to make S1 seeds because my wife is fond of the buds. It was an accidental cross from a member no longer here and I don't think the seeds are around any more, so I want to have some in the fridge so I don't have to keep a mother around.

I do have some CBG-only seeds (hemp) that I bought earlier this year, but I won't be making any crosses with the DV (or anything else!). I never had designs on being a breeder, and I prefer my medical varieties unadulterated so I know what's in the flowers. If I wanted to blend CBG and THCV I would do that in an infusion or a bowl rather than attempt to get consistent results from breeding.

If the professional folks who bred the Doug's Varin couldn't get consistent results with the THCV, I can't see how there's any way I could do it blending two different cannabinoids.
Hopefully things will be better this year in soil ! Good luck with the seed/pollen making plants
Thanks sb! Hope springs eternal here. :thumb:
You certainly did! Octomom indeed. :)

Pic-free update with just some info to pass along:

1. It's flip day 1 for the Sour G STS, sprayed on 4/3 and 4/6.

2. When I opened the tent this morning the Doug's Varin did not smell, which is new. Change in smell, slowing down water uptake...comes down on Saturday! I pulled a bunch more fans off and I'll get trichome pics tomorrow so we can see what they look like.

3. Even though it's coming down Saturday and drinking more slowly, temps are supposed to be in the upper 80s today, so I gave DV the last 2 gallons of nutes I had. I prefer my plants not be thirsty at harvest because I feel like they dry more evenly if they continue to get watered as needed.

4. I thought there was a fourth thing, but now I don't remember what it was. Oh well!

5. I hope your week is going smoothly. :slide:

Yesterday, and great word Rex! Had to look that one up since Jon hasn't.

Today I wanted to show off the Sour G clones that will be the next seed-making project:

The one on the left with STS scrawled on the blue tape was the one I sprayed with (all together now) "STS" on Sunday evening. It will get another spray tonight and then put in the tent with the Doug's Varin for its first 12 hours of dark. The other two I plan to stagger the flip on to make sure I have nice fresh pistils to pollinate, assuming I get pollen this time. So that's April 14 and 21 for their first taste of darkness.

We'll see! :ciao:
Dont do that wrap them up in put in a box and send em to me . Just kidding STS on buddy

As promised, here is the Doug's Varin for the Monday update, on flip day 68 it turns out:

You can see that I've been having a problem with powdery mildew. Luckily the 1% citric acid spray takes care of it as it appears. It doesn't work as a preventative but the white areas you see are where the PM crusts over after getting sprayed.

I gave it 2 gallons this morning so we'll see when it's thirsty again, but I think I'm taking it down this weekend because I'm tired of looking at it and can use the space for the Sour G seed-making attempt. And the summer grow will get dropped as soon as the Trainwreck seeds arrive from @Weed Seeds Express!

Happy start to the week. :cool:

New quotes:

LOL thanks Carcass!

Thanks Jon! I missed being here as well, but since I'm mostly here when I'm at my desk at work it's just a bit more difficult at the moment.

Florida = vacation! The only work that gets done is by your state government. ;)

Is that expression the same in SA? Not "all work and no play makes Jack a morne eejit"?

LOL I'm much duller IRL than I am here. Ask Mrs Shed! I can not leave the house for days if I don't have to. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I stay clear of horror movies but I do know that spells "murder" backwards!

IKR?

Thank you BigD! And you had time to carve that cool totem pole in your avatar. :thumb:
Very nice shed

Crap didn’t mean to leave you hanging so long there - but turns out rove beetles love to eat it. Here’s neem seed meal on a rapid rooter, they chow down on it.

Kinda figured neem seed meal was added to soil mix as pest deterrent but guess it repels some critters while others are immune to it?? Anyway wanted to run that past you.

I tells ya Shed your garden, two words ZEN LIKE. Yeah I lied more than 2 words- It’s so immaculate and orderly, just stunning!!!

Ahoy there Shedski,

changed post to my thread

Hey amigo! All caught up. I was expecting at least 10 or 20 more pages considering my time in the forum lately has been cut short. A nice surprise to only be a few pages behind! Thanks for that! Hee hee

Stoked that DV is coming down. I'm a little disappointed about that whole situation for everyone. Oh well.

Stoked to see the STS work for you. I'd like to give that a try in the future! Have a blessed day and weekend man.

I'll put up some trichome pics in a bit so you can see them before the chop tomorrow!

Dont do that wrap them up in put in a box and send em to me . Just kidding STS on buddy
LOL I wish it was legal and easy to ship clones...I'd be the clone fairy! I actually just dropped off two Jack Herer clones for another member on the site. I'm looking forward to watching then grow out in the heat of the SFV.
Very nice shed
:thanks:
Crap didn’t mean to leave you hanging so long there - but turns out rove beetles love to eat it. Here’s neem seed meal on a rapid rooter, they chow down on it.
Definitely worth the wait 013! If I found anything looks like that crawling in my plants I would kill it in a heartbeat. Only ladybugs get to stay. :)
I tells ya Shed your garden, two words ZEN LIKE. Yeah I lied more than 2 words- It’s so immaculate and orderly, just stunning!!!
Thanks, but it's much easier to do with turf than it is with real grass. ;)
Ahoy there Shedski,
changed post to my thread
Thanks Maritimer...be over there in a minute.
A nice surprise to only be a few pages behind! Thanks for that! Hee hee
Glad to be of assistance Baked!
Stoked that DV is coming down. I'm a little disappointed about that whole situation for everyone. Oh well
I know right? At least they came clean and told us about it. I hope to be able to test it to see what it actually is.
Stoked to see the STS work for you. I'd like to give that a try in the future! Have a blessed day and weekend man.
You and me both. Great (and cool) weekend for you too! I heard it was in the 80s yesterday.
Is it summer there already!?!?
It's barely spring here.
This is not even summer weather, this is just crazy! If it does this a lot I may need to move to Minnesota. :cheesygrinsmiley:
historical temps.JPG

That is way hotter than a “normal” summer in LA, no? OOF!
Oof indeed. I get physically ill in this heat. Spent the day indoors except to pass along the clones...must have been 10º cooler down in Marina del Rey.

Back
Top Bottom