InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Wow. Awesome to see you @Amy Gardner. How have you been and where have you been?

Hey ‘rugged! I had fun checking out your journal a couple of months back :thumb:
I’m still here in the forest just in a life situation that doesn’t really allow me to be very engaged here on the forums.
I check in every now and then and I lurk occasionally to enjoy peoples gardens.
:yummy:
Hi Amy :ciao: Hope summer's good to you!
Hi Otter! :ciao: Thanks - summer is weird this year with not a lot of warm days. Today is nice tho ☺️ Nice to see you :passitleft:
It's always a welcome sight to have you drop by for a visit Ms Gardner! Many folks here see me as a bit of a meanie asshole so I can certainly see why that host might remind you of me. Oh, sorry...did you mean the laughs and banter part? I'll see what they have of that on youtube and see if I can discern your true intentions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope you and your lively other are doing well down under and that your health and wellness are reasonably in hand. In my head I picture that you're still growing in a forest surrounded by all of your critters, and that the only difference is we just don't get to see it.

Big love back atcha! :love:
:laughtwo: somehow I knew you would wonder that and there was no way of diverting it so I just had to wait for your punt to write back that it is the playing fine lines and the banter and the humour that reminds me of here and not the meanie asshole factor… as such, for sure. I mentioned that part because if you don’t know, it can really put some people off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your imagination is more complete than the reality. I’ve cultivated an ounce or 2 here and there with autos in the tiny growbox and I am still here in the forest amongst my crittery friends, but definitely not growing in any meaningful way - nothing outdoors, La Niña weather pattern gives us cooler more humid weather and it’s just been a rain-fest on this continent for a while (the east in particular). We have fared pretty well in that regard - better than many many others! - although the edible garden outside is pretty confused. It’s been so “unseasonably” cold at times we’ve had the indoor fireplace fired up more than once since Christmas.

Health things managed as well as possible, I think - thanks. Nearly all my energy beyond daily basics (like eating etc.) goes on my physical therapy program and the management of supports. Lots of relationships to navigate. Hopefully this is easing a bit with some processes coming to a close and resolution and finally having things set up in a more sustainable way ‘on the ground’, accessibility-wise.

It seems all is rolling along for you as it does - pretty swimmingly with a bevvy of beautiful plants in your stable. It’s good to see. Very comforting
:circle-of-love:

Thanks him! When I had more time and space I used to really go to town and see how many tops I could create. 59 is my record I believe (and POTM back in 2018):

full
😍 Shed, please make me your disciple and step my step teach me. I know I am on autos but....
The Judge: Tons of AK Mr. Shed? And of all the other plants you've grown, how much is left on your property?

Please define "tad" for the court.
:rofl:
May it please the court, it's "Tad" with a capital T. I give him much of my weed to stay legal, and when I discover an extra jar I say "I have a Tad more."
:laugh:

On the plus side, it should take about 10 minutes to trim!
That's hilarious. Please show me some pics. I seem to miss them somehow.

Hey ‘rugged! I had fun checking out your journal a couple of months back :thumb:
I’m still here in the forest just in a life situation that doesn’t really allow me to be very engaged here on the forums.
I check in every now and then and I lurk occasionally to enjoy peoples gardens.
:yummy:

Hi Otter! :ciao: Thanks - summer is weird this year with not a lot of warm days. Today is nice tho ☺️ Nice to see you :passitleft:

:laughtwo: somehow I knew you would wonder that and there was no way of diverting it so I just had to wait for your punt to write back that it is the playing fine lines and the banter and the humour that reminds me of here and not the meanie asshole factor… as such, for sure. I mentioned that part because if you don’t know, it can really put some people off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your imagination is more complete than the reality. I’ve cultivated an ounce or 2 here and there with autos in the tiny growbox and I am still here in the forest amongst my crittery friends, but definitely not growing in any meaningful way - nothing outdoors, La Niña weather pattern gives us cooler more humid weather and it’s just been a rain-fest on this continent for a while (the east in particular). We have fared pretty well in that regard - better than many many others! - although the edible garden outside is pretty confused. It’s been so “unseasonably” cold at times we’ve had the indoor fireplace fired up more than once since Christmas.

Health things managed as well as possible, I think - thanks. Nearly all my energy beyond daily basics (like eating etc.) goes on my physical therapy program and the management of supports. Lots of relationships to navigate. Hopefully this is easing a bit with some processes coming to a close and resolution and finally having things set up in a more sustainable way ‘on the ground’, accessibility-wise.

It seems all is rolling along for you as it does - pretty swimmingly with a bevvy of beautiful plants in your stable. It’s good to see. Very comforting
:circle-of-love:
Hi Amy, lovely surprise to be online at exactly the time you are! Best wishes to you and yours.

Don’t like to hear that about Baked he is missed . Seems like I’ve been gone too long myself , still a lot of catching up to do . Nugs I had to put there names in a cup to pick one , they all should win .
The ones I find it hardest to figure out is when I don't sub to all the grow journals up for consideration. Never know what to do in that case.
somehow I knew you would wonder that and there was no way of diverting it so I just had to wait for your punt to write back that it is the playing fine lines and the banter and the humour that reminds me of here and not the meanie asshole factor… as such, for sure. I mentioned that part because if you don’t know, it can really put some people off.
I didn't really think you think of me as a meanie asshole! But his humor is pretty dry, which you might find we have in common. ;)
If you're down to one Candida I'll go with my imagination if that's okay? Sorry the weather is so unpredictable these days, but it seems to be something going around. I'm sure all the governments of the world will have that sorted at their meeting in some oil producing country.
:thumb:
That sounds like great news after all the trouble you've been through getting care sorted. I hope it's a permanent change and you still get out to the ocean to watch the surfing!
Thank you kindly! It's all pretty cruise control except when it isn't, but that's not often enough to cause a ruckus.
Shed, please make me your disciple and step my step teach me. I know I am on autos but....
I'd be happy to go step by step though the process of supercropping but, as I mentioned, supercropping autos is not often recommended. :)
That's hilarious. Please show me some pics. I seem to miss them somehow.
Will do. I'll post a final pic and some trich shots tomorrow.
Impressive display, love the garlic emoji Lots of love, you seem to have more rain this winter than we do.
Thanks dynamo and it's nice to see your smiling hummingbird face again! We've gotten more rain than a lot of places so far, so I must say this sunny break has been quite welcome (and good for the plants!). ☀️

I'd be happy to go step by step though the process of supercropping but, as I mentioned, supercropping autos is not often recommended. :)

I don't see where it would hurt an auto. You're familiar with my 90 degree red bendy things, aka peppers? You have to bend the stem back and forth, weakening it so much that it flops over, so that you can put the red bendy things on. Basically super cropping them. If you don't do that you're likely to snap a stem. This last grow I didn't even take them off. They were there 'till harvest. I had one stem that got so stout at the bend that it snapped the red bendy thing. All plants did well. 7+oz autos.

Thanks farside, but:
If you don't do that you're likely to snap a stem.
By my definition, it ain't supercropping if you don't snap the stem (at least internally). I thought the red pepper things were designed to just bend, like a tight LST angle.

That said, you could try to supercrop in flower on an auto since the stress obviously won't send into flower at that point. I'm not sure what you gain though over LST from the get go. My best producing auto was LST'd, as was the huge It's It Punch (that's a 10 gallon pot for reference). No topping on either.

I thought the red pepper things were designed to just bend, like a tight LST angle.

Well kinda. If you're not weakening the stem a lot before application, the bend is so tight that you have a 50/50 chance of breaking it off. If you weaken the stem enough that it just falls over, the "pepper" helps hold up the top. The "pepper" ends up being a substitute for tape (which is cheaper by far).

I haven't disposed of the skeleton of the last auto harvested. When I get home tonight (8PM EST), I could take some pics of the "Pepper-Cropped" stems.

Hey all you seed buyers...I got an email from @Weed Seeds Express this morning announcing the redesign of their website. It said they are

"giving 15% off on your next order! Not only is this discount applicable to our entire catalog, you are also able to combine it with our ongoing sales (read more below).

Use the code

NEWWEBSITE15

to apply the discount to your order" until Jan 31st.

Passing it along since I've always gotten great seeds and service from them!

Friday update on the Le Creme CBG auto! Today is day 79 and I'll be taking it down tomorrow, so let's have a detailed look at it before the chop.

It's very frosty, and I'll be saving the trim for sure. The leaves are pretty much shot but it might be rootbound in there...we'll see tomorrow. 👀

And here are some many trichome shots for your viewing pleasure:

In other news, I transplanted the lemon sprout that was merely a seed back in September. No root ball but that's now how citrus trees grow:

20230127_122147 Lemon seed transplant.jpg

20230127_123254 Lemon seed transplant labeled.jpg

That's it from me today! Rolling into the weekend like :surf:

Damn! They sure are a lot of those little creamy looking growths! :Rasta:

Nice job Shed!

Ha, ha! You grew an auto!:laugh:

I'm guessing CBG is a no amber harvest?
Milky trichs for days, nary an amber to be seen...
Have a happy harvest day hour, Shed- she's a potent looking little thing...👍

Friday update on the Le Creme CBG auto! Today is day 79 and I'll be taking it down tomorrow, so let's have a detailed look at it before the chop.

It's very frosty, and I'll be saving the trim for sure. The leaves are pretty much shot but it might be rootbound in there...we'll see tomorrow. 👀

And here are some many trichome shots for your viewing pleasure:

In other news, I transplanted the lemon sprout that was merely a seed back in September. No root ball but that's now how citrus trees grow:

20230127_122147 Lemon seed transplant.jpg

20230127_123254 Lemon seed transplant labeled.jpg

That's it from me today! Rolling into the weekend like :surf:
looks real good did you drought ?

Damn! They sure are a lot of those little creamy looking growths!
Nice job Shed!
Thanks GDB! If this is what the auto's buds look like I have high hopes for the photo version. :)
Ha, ha! You grew an auto!
LOL I guess I did. :rolleyes:
I'm guessing CBG is a no amber harvest? Milky trichs for days, nary an amber to be seen...
Have a happy harvest day hour, Shed- she's a potent looking little thing...
It's an hour! I saw a little amber in a few other shots (yes there were more :eek: ) but I have no idea what CBGa degrades to, so I figure it was time with all those cloudy ones. Thanks Carcass!
looks real good did you drought ?
Thank you con! I did not drought, but if I had tried it probably would have gone about 2 days in that little pot. That's not long enough to elicit a stress response from it.
She looks lovely Shed, and well done with the lemon!
Thanks Stunger! I don't know why I feel the need to grow out these lemon seeds though. I have no room for more of them and they won't even fruit for 5-7 years. I feel bad tossing them out with roots and green shoots when I cut one open I guess. I have no problem throwing out clones though. Who knows!

I have no problem throwing out clones, or cutting the heads off of healthy plants and discarding them like used toilet paper though. Who knows!
FTFY! :)

Thanks GDB! If this is what the auto's buds look like I have high hopes for the photo version. :)

LOL I guess I did. :rolleyes:

It's an hour! I saw a little amber in a few other shots (yes there were more :eek: ) but I have no idea what CBGa degrades to, so I figure it was time with all those cloudy ones. Thanks Carcass!

Thank you con! I did not drought, but if I had tried it probably would have gone about 2 days in that little pot. That's not long enough to elicit a stress response from it.

Thanks Stunger! I don't know why I feel the need to grow out these lemon seeds though. I have no room for more of them and they won't even fruit for 5-7 years. I feel bad tossing them out with roots and green shoots when I cut one open I guess. I have no problem throwing out clones though. Who knows!
Congrats on a fine job and wishing you a bountiful harvest. CL🍀 :goodjob: :bravo::high-five::cheer:

full

full

Wow lovely photies. I rate these two as possible PTOM contenders. The trich one looks like an undersea ocean garden.

It's an hour! I saw a little amber in a few other shots (yes there were more :eek:) but I have no idea what CBGa degrades to, so I figure it was time with all those cloudy ones. Thanks Carcass!
That makes sense. How would you find out about the CBGa?

Enormous looking buds on your girl. Happy chop day :)

Back
Top Bottom