InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

@InTheShed I have an urgent question. I hope it's ok to bring it in here for quick attention. I have just been checking trichomes and I came across this rather alarming sight. I have never had PM on a cannabis plant before. Is this what I am looking at here? Please zoom in.
DSC_2139-Edit.jpg
I'm pretty sure that is not PM which would look like white talcum powder covering the leaves that would rub off on your fingers. That looks more like early stages of Botrytis (bud rot) to me.

The challenge is that you really shouldn't use most fungicides while the plant is in flower and most "authorities" recommend you toss any plant effected by Botrytis.

Assuming you want to try to save the plant, I would separate it from any others, so it doesn't spread (when Botrytis matures, it releases spores!), remove any buds that have signs of infection and any nearby buds, check your humidity/temp/air circulation, and spray with a diluted H2O2 solution (50/50 water & 3% H2O2).

I wish I had better news and I could be wrong on the Botrytis, but don't think I am! :sorry:

I'm pretty sure that is not PM which would look like white talcum powder covering the leaves that would rub off on your fingers. That looks more like early stages of Botrytis (bud rot) to me.

The challenge is that you really shouldn't use most fungicides while the plant is in flower and most "authorities" recommend you toss any plant effected by Botrytis.

Assuming you want to try to save the plant, I would separate it from any others, so it doesn't spread (when Botrytis matures, it releases spores!), remove any buds that have signs of infection and any nearby buds, check your humidity/temp/air circulation, and spray with a diluted H2O2 solution (50/50 water & 3% H2O2).

I wish I had better news and I could be wrong on the Botrytis, but don't think I am! :sorry:
Thanks Mr Krip. I am gutted. Damn. I can't chuck the whole plant out but at the same time I can't identify where on the plant that photo came from. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should this plant be harvested now?

For Covid, the non-human research was done on CBGa (and CBDa), so I'd save some for that,
For the past two weeks I've been consuming about 50mg per day of my CBG plant, half decarbed the other half not. Yesterday I tested positive. :confused:

So maybe one needs to have consumed it longer, or higher doses taken of one or the other, but, for me, no joy.

Thanks Mr Krip. I am gutted. Damn. I can't chuck the whole plant out but at the same time I can't identify where on the plant that photo came from. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should this plant be harvested now?
Responded in your journal:

For the past two weeks I've been consuming about 50mg per day of my CBG plant, half decarbed the other half not. Yesterday I tested positive. :confused:

So maybe one needs to have consumed it longer, or higher doses taken of one or the other, but, for me, no joy.
Sorry to hear this @Azimuth . CBGA had also been shown to fight active infections and speed recovery. I hope you don't suffer serious symptoms and recover quickly. :green_heart:

I wouldn't end it on suspicion Carmen. Look again at some buds. If they look fine you're good to keep or cut. Let it play out

Too fibrous. Looks like boytris to me as well.

Sorry @Carmen Ray
I know the sting too well.
I cut all the rot off of mine and made some topical burn oil with the rest.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Brother! :goodluck:

I'd appreciated a bit of dull these days, but I like to think I'm a pretty lucky guy!

Thanks Carcass! The LeC smells skunky like any good THC flower would, but it will not get anyone high. :passitleft:

I'm planning on making both CGBa and CBG oil from the flowers extracting the usual way in the Magical Butter machine and I'll see if I can tell any difference when I take it. For Covid, the non-human research was done on CBGa (and CBDa), so I'd save some for that, but there are other benefits don't seem to be listed as CBGa specifically:
That was a very interesting link on CBG Shed. Thanks 🙏 CL🍀 :goodjob: :thanks::Namaste:

To this day if someone mentions Tabasco in my house I will stand and shout:
"Tabasco is made from three ingredients...peppers, vinegar, and salt!!!!"
Did you get to see the salt caves/tunnels? Although maybe I have a vague memory they sold them off for something, maybe one of potential energy systems. (Fill with water and someting goes up, converts physical to electrical energy on the way down. A battery basically. I read a book called imaginatively “Salt, The History” its really good. The family started out as salt barons I think. Then got into chilli sauce.

EDIT - salt mining still happens but not by the family they lease them out.

Nick

Did you get to see the salt caves/tunnels? Although maybe I have a vague memory they sold them off for something, maybe one of potential energy systems. (Fill with water and someting goes up, converts physical to electrical energy on the way down. A battery basically. I read a book called imaginatively “Salt, The History” its really good. The family started out as salt barons I think. Then got into chilli sauce.

Nick
I read that the Founder used to give it away as gifts in repurposed perfume bottles. CL🍀

I read that the Founder used to give it away as gifts in repurposed perfume bottles. CL🍀
Yeah is that why the bottles look how they do? That’s like an old school ladies perfume bottle shape from way back when.
I also read they net as a family $200m p/a just off that. Then they get money off the salt and (obvs it Louisiana 😂, never been some looks lovely) the oil and gas drilling concessions they have off Avery Island!

I’ve been thread hopping reading about @Carmen Ray issues. Not sure here or in her journal but learnt about water curing! (And Citric Acid too 😆) Giving that a go for sure. Hopefully I won’t need it for treatment purposes on any grow ever (unlikely, with the best will in the world in this climate) but it would be nice to know which works better, many many hours with toothbrushes, just citric (never tried) or water cure with H202. Looks like a nice save so far!

Nick

Yeah is that why the bottles look how they do? That’s like an old school ladies perfume bottle shape from way back when.
I also read they net as a family $200m p/a just off that. Then they get money off the salt and (obvs it Louisiana 😂, never been some looks lovely) the oil and gas drilling concessions they have off Avery Island!

I’ve been thread hopping reading about @Carmen Ray issues. Not sure here or in her journal but learnt about water curing! (And Citric Acid too 😆) Giving that a go for sure. Hopefully I won’t need it for treatment purposes on any grow ever (unlikely, with the best will in the world in this climate) but it would be nice to know which works better, many many hours with toothbrushes, just citric (never tried) or water cure with H202. Looks like a nice save so far!

Nick
Exactly right, that’s why the little bottles and even the big ones look like that. CL🍀

Sorry all for my absence! It's been a busy day starting at 7am with the kitchen renovation: washer and dryer got installed and are now functional, some hardwood flooring gaps got filled, cabinets all installed and handles are on. Also had a ceiling can placement issue that needed to be addressed. And it's pissing down with rain as well, so I'm putting off mixing nutes or spraying for aphids.

Anyway...

I take it at night, about an hour before bed -I get to sleep faster, and stay asleep longer...
Although, with a prostate the size of a canned ham, I do have to get up a couple times during the night
Thanks Carcass! As soon as I get my oven back I will make oil from some of the autoflower flowers. I get up to pee once a night but my doctor is no longer interested in checking the size of my prostate, even though I keep hinting. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I assume it is, as they also sell CBGa isolate, which costs a bit more...$70/ten grams CBGa / $20/five grams CBG (Open Book Extracts)
Cheaper to skip the decarb? What's that about?
I went and looked at the site but still can’t answer Shed’s question is it decarbed . I’ll call them in the morning cause I’m scraping the bottom right now so I can put in an order . Thanks again Carcass for finding the CBG .
Let us know if you can confirm Carcass' info. Thanks WH!
I get both, too, but I only use the CBD in Mrs C's gummies ( a long with lots of THC )
As long as she's happy. :thumb:
You might want to do some research on Lion's Mane mushrooms
I recall VG posted a video with a mushroom guy and I think he was talking about Lion's Mane.
For the past two weeks I've been consuming about 50mg per day of my CBG plant, half decarbed the other half not. Yesterday I tested positive.
Oof sorry to hear that Azi. :( I guess you're the human trial they didn't run. Maybe CBDa provides more hope?

Either way, I hope it only hits you as hard as Otter's last case, which is to say not all that bad. :goodluck:
Sorry @Carmen Ray
Thanks VG! Topical oil is what I'm saving my (now-decarbed) Tin Can Kush for since it was covered in a similar non-botrytis mold.
That was a very interesting link on CBG Shed. Thanks
Thanks Captain, all sorts of good info on potential of CBG even if it doesn't seem to work on Covid.
EDIT - salt mining still happens but not by the family they lease them out.
Nick
No salt mines, but I did go down into the caverns in Carlsbad NM if that counts! Luckily no one filled those with water and they were pretty spectacular.
Plants Look Great Shed ! That Open Book Extracts is only a hour drive from me , nothing to get you hi there
Thanks sb...worth the trip? :hmmmm:

:laugh:
Our swimming pool is filled essentially with H202 at around 3% (nothing else, no salt or chlorine)
And pee, don't forget the pee.
but it would be nice to know which works better, many many hours with toothbrushes, just citric (never tried) or water cure with H202.
I know that 1% citric acid works on PM, but some folks are thinking the terpenes take a hit, so I'm going with a lower percentage this next time and see if it works as well. Might start at 0.25% as a starting point.
Btw Shed do you really stand up n say that whenever someone says Tabasco? I would like to see a link. Lmao 😂 CL🍀
It's so old hat that no one would video that! It's just a running joke in my family. You can't even get away with saying "this recipe has three ingredients" without Tabasco coming up. ;)

It's so old hat that no one would video that! It's just a running joke in my family. You can't even get away with saying "this recipe has three ingredients" without Tabasco coming up. ;)
Good thing you didn't tour (and get impressed by) a scrapple factory.

Sorry @Carmen Ray
Thank you VG. I think so, judging from the pics I took of the affected bud. It's disappointing to say the least, gosh :( I guess we live and learn. Onward to the next grow.

Thank you VG. I think so, judging from the pics I took of the affected bud. It's disappointing to say the least, gosh :( I guess we live and learn. Onward to the next grow.
Live and Learn but Never Give Up !
Now Go Save that Girl.

Back
Top Bottom