InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday update and I'm working my way through 4 pages of unread subbed threads!

It's day 91 for Grandpa's Moonshine and I'll probably flip it tonight or tomorrow, so let's take a look at the rectangle I created to fit in the tent:

And from the front:

It took three supercrops and some tying to get it into shape:

...in addition to taking off some low branches that were sticking out of the sides. While I was taking those I did some pre-flip thinning of stuff I don't want to flower:

Looks like a lot but you can't tell from looking at the plant. I took four and and put them in perlite:

Moving on to the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 31, here it was in the shed this morning before I schlepped it into the sun:

And a few colas:

I bumped up the nitrogen for the feeding this morning, but if that doesn't keep the yellow from spreading I may do something drastic and top water! :eek:

Hope your week is off to an excellent start...:slide:

Looks like Grandpa likes the fabric pot. He must have had a rash.

Highya ITS,

Gorgeous looking colas on your 5 Killer Cookies! She has such fat buds already. Surprising she's only 31 days. I guess she likes what you do for them! Great job with the bonsai shaping also! Happy smokin'

Saturday update! :sorry: for the missed time here and everywhere else on the site. This is has been my longest time away since I joined just over six years ago, and man does it feel weird to be gone that long. Been working 12 hours days and even last Saturday, and then my only day off on Sunday I slept most of it. 💤 And then it was back to the grind last Monday.

missed notifications.JPG
oof!
But that's all done and past and I should be back here on the regular going forward. :thanks: for thinking about me and for the good wishes on this journal having hit the 1 million view milestone! To be fair, this journal has been rolling since October of 2017 and it wouldn't have happened without all of you.
:Namaste:

Anyway, here are some plant pics to get this place back on track, starting with the completely recovered Grandpa's Moonshine (pic from Thursday on day 87):

It drinks a gallon a day now and I'll be flipping it in a few days. I have to get it shaped like a rectangle first to fit in the tent.

Of course, the main attraction is the 5 Killer Cookies, today on flip day 29:

I am really stuck on the yellow leaves in flower thing. Same whether I'm in ProMix, soil, or this wet-perlite-under-dry-soil bucket, or whether I'm using MC, my own mix, or Prescription Blend. :hmmmm:

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the tops:

From Thursday:

You might be able to make out the pink pistils in this one:

In other garden news, I upcanned the lime tree that I rooted from a cutting back in May 2021. It took a year to put out that new growth, but now it was time to get it out of the 5 gallon pot and into something bigger:

Citrus roots are almost always at the bottom, which is why it's important to really water them well:

New home:

Eventually it will go into a 30 or 40 gallon pot as its forever home.

Finally, the garlic clove that sprouted in the fridge last year and got planted in the middle of a bunch of succulents in a little pot has been harvested:

Smells good! Thanks @dynamo1 for always bringing the great garlic harvests and inspiring me. :green_heart:

That's it for me today. There's no way I can catch up on all 1160 posts I missed (and still watch the Women's World Cup ;) ), but I promise to do the best I can. Hope your weekend is going splendiferously!
Whoa. That 5 Killer Cookies is gorgeous! Remember a while back I had a real small Gorilla Zkittlez that you liked cuz of the symmetry of the colas? This one reminds me of that, especially the side shot. They’re so the same! Just an amazing job on choosing what to keep, what to cut, controlling dominance - damn Shed. This plant shows your skills very nicely. Amazing work.

There are great documentaries on TV these days, and that's got to be a boon for documentary filmmakers since hardly anyone ever saw them before streaming television!
Civil War was really good and so was Country music. Highly recommend both if you’re into documentaries. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Whoa. That 5 Killer Cookies is gorgeous! Remember a while back I had a real small Gorilla Zkittlez that you liked cuz of the symmetry of the colas? This one reminds me of that, especially the side shot. They’re so the same! Just an amazing job on choosing what to keep, what to cut, controlling dominance - damn Shed. This plant shows your skills very nicely. Amazing work.
Shed is a Cannabis whisperer, that’s his secret 🤫. lol CL🍀. :rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

Monday update and I'm working my way through 4 pages of unread subbed threads!

It's day 91 for Grandpa's Moonshine and I'll probably flip it tonight or tomorrow, so let's take a look at the rectangle I created to fit in the tent:

And from the front:

It took three supercrops and some tying to get it into shape:

...in addition to taking off some low branches that were sticking out of the sides. While I was taking those I did some pre-flip thinning of stuff I don't want to flower:

Looks like a lot but you can't tell from looking at the plant. I took four and and put them in perlite:

Moving on to the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 31, here it was in the shed this morning before I schlepped it into the sun:

And a few colas:

I bumped up the nitrogen for the feeding this morning, but if that doesn't keep the yellow from spreading I may do something drastic and top water! :eek:

Hope your week is off to an excellent start...:slide:
That Killer looks like she’s gonna have a great yield. Well done 👍 btw and a really beautiful 🤩 plant amigo. Gramps is looking much better now also. CL🍀. :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore:

Top feed it Shed. I just top watered my one swicking plant and rescued it from the brink. I reckon a top watering is in order here for your 5KC even though it is hardly on the brink! You may fix those leaves?

Very good, very good, literally have your ducks in a row, Brother. Carry on…

On a more serious note - you always seem to get the yellow leaves low down? It seems more an aesthetic issue than anything else - its not causing yield issues?

Why?! Why, why, why? Every time I drop by your thread it bugs me trying to think of a plausible reason! Do you have a theory?

Nick

For the record, today is flip day 1 for Grandpa's Moonshine, and both summer grow plants got BT spray this morning for caterpillars.

Looks like Grandpa likes the fabric pot. He must have had a rash.
LOL must have been from the brown (roots) stuck to the bottom when went to change it. :)
Gorgeous looking colas on your 5 Killer Cookies! She has such fat buds already. Surprising she's only 31 days. I guess she likes what you do for them! Great job with the bonsai shaping also! Happy smokin'
Thanks Bode! I'm trying to keep it happy and growing. 🌱
Thank you Jon! I don't think I'll ever get plants in the kind of shape you sculpt, but I do have to say that this 5KC definitely cooperated with the attempts I made.
Civil War was really good and so was Country music. Highly recommend both if you’re into documentaries. CL🍀.
Noted!
Shed is a Cannabis whisperer, that’s his secret . lol CL🍀.
Not sure what I tell them to make them turn yellow in flower...maybe we're not speaking the same language?
That Killer looks like she’s gonna have a great yield. Well done btw and a really beautiful plant amigo. Gramps is looking much better now also. CL🍀.
Thanks Captain! It's already very sticky at 32 days post-flip. Maybe I should top water it and see if that helps...
One way to find out is try it and see. One or two top waterings shouldn't hurt anything and may just solve the problem.
Top feed it Shed. I just top watered my one swicking plant and rescued it from the brink. I reckon a top watering is in order here for your 5KC even though it is hardly on the brink! You may fix those leaves?
Between you and Azi the consensus is top water and see how it goes. That will be tomorrow morning... :reading420magazine:
Very good, very good, literally have your ducks in a row, Brother. Carry on…
LOL I do, all four! They came with the hot tub as I recall.
On a more serious note - you always seem to get the yellow leaves low down? It seems more an aesthetic issue than anything else - its not causing yield issues?
I always seem to get yellowing down low that spreads upward. No one has an idea how deficiencies effect yield without running many many clones of the same size and shape, but I don't often end up disappointed in the harvest weight. Cannabinoid testing is too expensive to do on the regular.
Why?! Why, why, why? Every time I drop by your thread it bugs me trying to think of a plausible reason! Do you have a theory?
Looks like a straight N deficiency but more nitrogen doesn't seem to fix it. Could be a coincidence and it's a different problem with each plant. Maybe this one needs to be top watered since no moisture is making it to the soil. Maybe the roots don't like the water in the res being so warm outside in the sun all day. Maybe the plant is bigger than the roots can support (kinda like rootbound plants get).
I didn't know you live with a dog person! You lucky!
We love big fluffy dogs, can get to be fond of big short haired dogs if we must, and barely tolerate small yappy dogs with the exception of VG's. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The shepherd is a dog now gotten pretty big since last seen puppy kind e like your plants looking Nice, i see long hair too .
Thanks sb! She's actually about 10lbs overweight but a lot bigger than she was here.
you said N for the killer is that for the yellow or leaf cupping (water)
The added N is for all the yellowing leaves at the bottom that's now spreading up through the canopy. Not sure if it's enough to fix it so maybe top watering will help too?

Gorgeous Girls InTheShed makes me wish I was growing . Have been on the fire front actually two different fires for six days , tired and was sore as hell from fighting that hose till mama rubbed me down with @HashGirl cream ( yes the guys made a fantastic batch out of the candy kush) four hours later no pain from the rub down, unfortunately no happy ending. For those that don’t have this cream around the house I’m feeling really sorry for y’all .

Gorgeous Girls InTheShed makes me wish I was growing . Have been on the fire front actually two different fires for six days , tired and was sore as hell from fighting that hose till mama rubbed me down with @HashGirl cream ( yes the guys made a fantastic batch out of the candy kush) four hours later no pain from the rub down, unfortunately no happy ending. For those that don’t have this cream around the house I’m feeling really sorry for y’all .
So much in that one post I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Well done on the fire lines and stay safe out there. Oh, and better luck next time! ✊

P.S. We all wish you were growing again, I can tell you that. :popcorn:

So much in that one post I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Well done on the fire lines and stay safe out there. Oh, and better luck next time! ✊

P.S. We all wish you were growing again, I can tell you that. :popcorn:
I can’t go back out , haven’t been able to get blood oxygen above 90 . The Guys have Mama Candy so clones are down the road . I’d put the pic in when I got home but I can tell it’s me so you can see what the inside of my lungs look like. Horrible. I get caught back up at home and the form I’ll get a grow going .

Back
Top Bottom