InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Saturday update! :sorry: for the missed time here and everywhere else on the site. This is has been my longest time away since I joined just over six years ago, and man does it feel weird to be gone that long. Been working 12 hours days and even last Saturday, and then my only day off on Sunday I slept most of it. 💤 And then it was back to the grind last Monday.

missed notifications.JPG
oof!
But that's all done and past and I should be back here on the regular going forward. :thanks: for thinking about me and for the good wishes on this journal having hit the 1 million view milestone! To be fair, this journal has been rolling since October of 2017 and it wouldn't have happened without all of you.
:Namaste:

Anyway, here are some plant pics to get this place back on track, starting with the completely recovered Grandpa's Moonshine (pic from Thursday on day 87):

It drinks a gallon a day now and I'll be flipping it in a few days. I have to get it shaped like a rectangle first to fit in the tent.

Of course, the main attraction is the 5 Killer Cookies, today on flip day 29:

I am really stuck on the yellow leaves in flower thing. Same whether I'm in ProMix, soil, or this wet-perlite-under-dry-soil bucket, or whether I'm using MC, my own mix, or Prescription Blend. :hmmmm:

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the tops:

From Thursday:

You might be able to make out the pink pistils in this one:

In other garden news, I upcanned the lime tree that I rooted from a cutting back in May 2021. It took a year to put out that new growth, but now it was time to get it out of the 5 gallon pot and into something bigger:

Citrus roots are almost always at the bottom, which is why it's important to really water them well:

New home:

Eventually it will go into a 30 or 40 gallon pot as its forever home.

Finally, the garlic clove that sprouted in the fridge last year and got planted in the middle of a bunch of succulents in a little pot has been harvested:

Smells good! Thanks @dynamo1 for always bringing the great garlic harvests and inspiring me. :green_heart:

That's it for me today. There's no way I can catch up on all 1160 posts I missed (and still watch the Women's World Cup ;) ), but I promise to do the best I can. Hope your weekend is going splendiferously!

Saturday update! :sorry: for the missed time here and everywhere else on the site. This is has been my longest time away since I joined just over six years ago, and man does it feel weird to be gone that long. Been working 12 hours days and even last Saturday, and then my only day off on Sunday I slept most of it. 💤 And then it was back to the grind last Monday.

missed notifications.JPG
oof!
But that's all done and past and I should be back here on the regular going forward. :thanks: for thinking about me and for the good wishes on this journal having hit the 1 million view milestone! To be fair, this journal has been rolling since October of 2017 and it wouldn't have happened without all of you.

Anyway, here are some plant pics to get this place back on track, starting with the completely recovered Grandpa's Moonshine (pic from Thursday on day 87):

It drinks a gallon a day now and I'll be flipping it in a few days. I have to get it shaped like a rectangle first to fit in the tent.

I am really stuck on the yellow leaves in flower thing. Same whether I'm in ProMix, soil, or this wet-perlite-under-dry-soil bucket, or whether I'm using MC, my own mix, or Prescription Blend. :hmmmm:

From Thursday:

In other garden news, I upcanned the lime tree that I rooted from a cutting back in May 2021. It took a year to put out that new growth, but now it was time to get it out of the 5 gallon pot and into something bigger:

Citrus roots are almost always at the bottom, which is why it's important to really water them well:

New home:

Finally, the garlic clove that sprouted in the fridge last year and got planted in the middle of a bunch of succulents in a little pot has been harvested:

Smells good! Thanks @dynamo1 for always bringing the great garlic harvests and inspiring me. :green_heart:

That's it for me today. There's no way I can catch up on all 1160 posts I missed (and still watch the Women's World Cup ;) ), but I promise to do the best I can. Hope your weekend is going splendiferously!
Simply beautiful Shed. :cool: :circle-of-love:

missed notifications.JPG
oof!

From Thursday:

New home:

Those Killer colas are just that, Killer. Beautiful work my friend.👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore::drool:

missed notifications.JPG
oof!

From Thursday:

New home:

Looking great Shed, glad the GM came back the 5KC is also looking awesome, congrates on the 1m views i think im on 7 LOL!

Simply beautiful Shed.
Thank you Keith! I got a lot more yellow lowers than you do. :thumb:
Those Killer colas are just that, Killer. Beautiful work my friend.. CL🍀.
Thanks Captain! Wish I knew how long they had left to go but with home-made varieties there's not enough history to pull from.
A hard neck? In your climate? Impressive. Know the variety by chance?
Thanks Azi but I don't know what a hard neck is or what kind of climate would be better! And I believe the variety is called Vons. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Looking great Shed, glad the GM came back the 5KC is also looking awesome, congrates on the 1m views i think im on 7 LOL!
Thank you con! GM made an excellent comeback and I'm looking forward to the yellow lowers on that one in a few weeks. ;)

This journal has been going for 2,111 days so that helps with the page views! :reading420magazine:

Thanks Azi but I don't know what a hard neck is or what kind of climate would be better! And I believe the variety is called Vons. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Garlic comes in two main types, soft neck (which you often see braided together and hung in the kitchen) which are a warm weather type, and hard neck which typically are planted in the fall in cold weather climates and those are typically more flavorful.

I grow a few different ones but one is called Siberian, named for the region of the world that it comes from. The hardnecks form a single layer of cloves around a hard central stem which looks like what you've got there. :thumb:

missed notifications.JPG
oof!

From Thursday:

New home:

Amazing! 👏👏👏

Garlic comes in two main types, soft neck (which you often see braided together and hung in the kitchen) which are a warm weather type, and hard neck which typically are planted in the fall in cold weather climates and those are typically more flavorful.
I grow a few different ones but one is called Siberian, named for the region of the world that it comes from. The hardnecks form a single layer of cloves around a hard central stem which looks like what you've got there.
Thanks Azi! I was just working with whatever came from the grocery store that sprouted in the fridge last summer. It probably could have used more room to grow but it made the lamb shoulder delish tonight. 😋
Thank you P9!
Well done for bringing Grandpa's Moonshine back! and those spears on the 5KC!
I really wanted to do well with the GM since @ChefDGreen said it was one of the varieties that hadn't been grown out yet. Now that it's in one of my regular 7g pots I'll flip it on day 90 which is around my usual veg length. Just going to do a little trimming tomorrow and take a few cuttings. Thanks Carmen! :)

Highya ITS,

Lovely pair of ladies you have!! So nice to see the GM growing well. She's getting full! I love to see the colas on the 5KC. So well structured with your training. I think about yellow leaves a lot, as I'm getting more this year than previous. When I see that, I always add nitrogen to combat that. This year, it isn't working very well, so I put Epsom's Salt (for the magnesium) as I read that magnesium aids with building chloroplasts, so I added some yesterday. Still don't know if it's been evvective yet. Haven't been out yet, lol. But, I usually stop giving nitrogen when flowering (growing in garden) and leaves will turn yellow partway through flowering. Making flowers must take a lot of nitrogen to do! I've rambled enough. Love your ladeies! Happy Smokin'

Hmmmm, mine would have fallen off before turning yellow I'm thinking Shed. My plants drop tons of leaves at a certain point of the grow. I don't know why either. Buds seem nice every time though! That's in LOS and cloth pots. None of that in a SIP so far. Weird!
What fat main stalks!
Glad you made it past the work and can get back to your general routines buddy!

I grow a few different ones but one is called Siberian, named for the region of the world that it comes from. The hardnecks form a single layer of cloves around a hard central stem which looks like what you've got there. :thumb:
Thanks for the garlic tutorial, now I know more about garlic 🧄 than before. Could come in handy if I’m ever on Jeopardy. lol CL🍀

Lovely pair of ladies you have!! So nice to see the GM growing well. She's getting full! I love to see the colas on the 5KC. So well structured with your training. I think about yellow leaves a lot, as I'm getting more this year than previous. When I see that, I always add nitrogen to combat that. This year, it isn't working very well, so I put Epsom's Salt (for the magnesium) as I read that magnesium aids with building chloroplasts, so I added some yesterday. Still don't know if it's been evvective yet. Haven't been out yet, lol. But, I usually stop giving nitrogen when flowering (growing in garden) and leaves will turn yellow partway through flowering. Making flowers must take a lot of nitrogen to do! I've rambled enough. Love your ladeies! Happy Smokin'
Thanks for pondering with me Bode, and that's exactly what I did when I mixed up a new batch of nutes last night. I didn't use epsom salt but I did bump the magnesium and the nitrogen with a combination of magnesium nitrate and ammonium nitrate. I'm going to pull off the completely yellow ones and see if I can tell if the new mix makes a difference.
Man those colas are stacking up nicely and the GM on track now GREAT ! Welcome back from way to much work for my old ass !
Thanks sb, and I was getting about 8,000 steps/day in without ever leaving my office building! :eek:
Hmmmm, mine would have fallen off before turning yellow I'm thinking Shed. My plants drop tons of leaves at a certain point of the grow. I don't know why either. Buds seem nice every time though! That's in LOS and cloth pots. None of that in a SIP so far. Weird!
What fat main stalks!
Weird is right! I do have a hard time consider it "natural" even though it happens at exactly the same point in flower no matter what I do. :hmmmm:
Glad you made it past the work and can get back to your general routines buddy!
OMG me too Otter...phewf!
Thanks for the garlic tutorial, now I know more about garlic than before. Could come in handy if I’m ever on Jeopardy. lol CL
The nice thing about knowledge is that you can decide to put it to use or not. ;)

Thanks for pondering with me Bode, and that's exactly what I did when I mixed up a new batch of nutes last night. I didn't use epsom salt but I did bump the magnesium and the nitrogen with a combination of magnesium nitrate and ammonium nitrate. I'm going to pull off the completely yellow ones and see if I can tell if the new mix makes a difference.

Thanks sb, and I was getting about 8,000 steps/day in without ever leaving my office building! :eek:

Weird is right! I do have a hard time consider it "natural" even though it happens at exactly the same point in flower no matter what I do. :hmmmm:

OMG me too Otter...phewf!

The nice thing about knowledge is that you can decide to put it to use or not. ;)
I love trivia and you wouldn’t believe some of the documentaries I’ve watched, I watch a lot of PBS.It’s a helluva lot more interesting and entertaining than most 💩 on Television 📺. But I also enjoy watching movies 🎥. CL🍀 :thumb: :ciao:

missed notifications.JPG
oof!

From Thursday:

New home:

Beautiful shape as usual, at what node did you 1st top her?

I love trivia and you wouldn’t believe some of the documentaries I’ve watched, I watch a lot of PBS.It’s a helluva lot more interesting and entertaining than most 💩 on Television 📺. But I also enjoy watching movies CL
There are great documentaries on TV these days, and that's got to be a boon for documentary filmmakers since hardly anyone ever saw them before streaming television!

Back
Top Bottom