InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I had a experience like that from edibles once. I has soo high I was trying to sleep thinking it would be gone when I woke up. But all I did was sleep for few min at a time and kept waking up looking around all paranoid. I'm still a little gun shy with edibles. lol.... I start with small portions now and not my jackass friends recommendations ;)
Good advice! Even my wife said she doesn't like edibles (beyond the guinea pig stage ;)) because she wants to be in control of her high.

Let's not get all petulant here ;). Post your extraction in your thread, or here if you want. They won't pull it unless you recommend doing it in front of a burning fireplace. Grandpa Tokin has a great thread just about QWET, and the medical threads are full of QWET tutorials.

And since we know they are sensitive about light builds (that seems to be a sore point), checking in advance of posting like Amy did is always a safe bet.
Hell yeah! I'd love to see some alcohol extraction. I've thought about using something like that for cooking.

Thanks SHed - Ive been thinking of checking out that work of GPT’s. We can’t get everclear here though. You have to be licensed herbal practitioner. Down the track I may get a small still (the loca camping shop sells em) and look at making some higher proof myself.

It seems to me that the tolerance I have from smoking is worthless when it comes to edibles. Its kinda a whole different buzz for me. Bummer about the mold shed. Its all part of growing I guess

That’s it exactly actually Mi! My understanding of it is this: when we smoke or vape or take THC in a tincture, what we get into our blood stream is a form called delta-9 THC; when we ingest, the process in digestion transforms the THC into a form called 11-Hydroxy THC. I need to read some more about all of that one day, but it easily explains the difference in experience.

I wonder actually if the tip about eating something fatty to didstact the liver before taking edibles so as to increase the speed and potency of the high, is because more delta-9 gets through? That’s a question, not an expression of something I know... I just wonder. ONe day I’ll learn some more about it!

:Namaste:

Thanks SHed - Ive been thinking of checking out that work of GPT’s. We can’t get everclear here though. You have to be licensed herbal practitioner. Down the track I may get a small sthill (the loca camping shop sells em) and look at making some higher proof myself.

That’s it exactly actually Mi! My understanding of it is this: when we smoke or vape or take THC in a tincture, what we get into our blood stream is a form called delta-9 THC; when we ingest, the process in digestion transforms the THC into a form called 11-Hydroxy THC. I need to read some more about all of that one day, but it easily explains the difference in experience.

I wonder actually if the tip about eating something fatty to didstact the liver before taking edibles so as to increase the speed and potency of the high, is because more delta-9 gets through? That’s a question, not an expression of something I know... I just wonder. ONe day I’ll learn some more about it!

I'm sure the answer is in one of Sue's threads!

Can't get Everclear here in CA either :confused:. It's state by state.

Thanks SHed - Ive been thinking of checking out that work of GPT’s. We can’t get everclear here though. You have to be licensed herbal practitioner. Down the track I may get a small sthill (the loca camping shop sells em) and look at making some higher proof myself.

Thanks Amy. I thought it was just me. I'll have to read up on it :)

I use this... about half the price of Everclear.
20180918_195436 (Small).jpg

Any idea if there are federal laws about shipping it in? From like... TX. LoL

We got some high proof on the shelves in these liquor stores. I'm thinking about trying the higest proof shine I can find. They sell em in little "airline bottles" a couple of those would be perfect for a small run.

Okay, this weekend I took a chance and made oil from two quart-size ziplock bags of fans I've had in the freezer for months. I've never made fan oil but @Preston9mm and @newty convinced me it was worth it.

First I had to dry out the frozen leaves. I put them in trays in the oven at 240º F and kept turning them over until they were dry. Then I set the timer for 60 minutes and decarbed them. Here they are:

Then I ground them up and got just shy of 3 cups. I forgot to weigh them, though it probably wouldn't have mattered because there was no way to calculate THC% or mg/ml with fans

I added 2¼ cups of EVOO and mixed it all up so it was saturated:

I put the measuring cup, covered in foil, in the oven and set it for 170º F (lowest it will go). I stirred it every 30 minutes for 8 hours and then let it cool in the oven overnight. Sunday morning I squeezed out all I could:

Of my original 2¼ cups of oil, I ended up with just under 7/8th cup. Not a great return so I'm glad it was just fans!

Not knowing if there was anything psychoactive about this oil, I started feeding 1ml capsules of it to my guinea pig (wife) at the rate of 1/hr. She took 3 and by hour 4 she was quite high :cheer:, leaving my dose at 3ml.

Then it was time to make the gummies :). I used @Preston9mm's latest recipe, which is this:
Two 3oz boxes of regular Jello (with sugar!). I used raspberry.
Three ¼oz packets of plain gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup infused EVOO

I poured the powder into a pan and added the cold water. I used a whisk to mix it completely before turning the heat on medium. As it warmed up, I added the corn syrup.

Once it began to simmer, I added the infused EVOO and continued to mix it for a few more minutes. Then I poured it into a measuring cup and put it into the fridge to cool a bit. I do this because I find that the oil rises to the top when the mix is thin and I want to make sure the oil stays evenly distributed. I took it out of the fridge every 5 minutes and stirred it to make sure it all stayed blended.

Once the cup was cool enough to just put a hand on, I gave it one last good stir and poured it into the dispenser (a hair dye applicator bottle):

I filled in the gummy molds and put them in the fridge to set. I DO NOT RECOMMEND these molds and will never use them again, because it takes 15 minutes of struggling to get the gummies out of each tray! Too many eyes and ears and hands and feet and it's a royal pain! I will be buying bigger smoother molds on Amazon.

I put them in a bowl and THEY STAYED SOLID AT ROOM TEMPERATURE...:yahoo:. Thanks for the testing and the updated recipe P9! I've brought some for a co-worker but I'm keeping them in the fridge to be on the safe side.

My only question is how many gummies is 3ml EVOO? [Math alert!] Ignoring the added solids (I didn't make note of the final measure of the mix), the liquid mix was 1/6th oil (2 ounces of 12 total), which should mean that 6 gummies is 1ml. That would mean that a 3ml dose is 18 gummies! Sound about right?

Well...that's all I've got for this morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. :peace:
Okay how can I save this info for later shed?

We got some high proof on the shelves in these liquor stores. I'm thinking about trying the higest proof shine I can find. They sell em in little "airline bottles" a couple of those would be perfect for a small run.
They can ship Extractahol to CA as far as I know. You just can't buy retail!
Okay how can I save this info for later shed?
Click on the post number in the top right corner (or click here). Then bookmark what comes up (or favorite or whatever it's called in your browser) and make sure you put something in the name of the bookmark so you can find it again. Like "fan leaf oil for gummies" or something so you can find it later.
Can’t buy anything over 100proof here, which is about 50%. Hence I’m considering a still...
LOL! Talk to Derby, he's got one!

I had a experience like that from edibles once. I has soo high I was trying to sleep thinking it would be gone when I woke up. But all I did was sleep for few min at a time and kept waking up looking around all paranoid. I'm still a little gun shy with edibles. lol.... I start with small portions now and not my jackass friends recommendations ;)
Oh man do I have some stories with edibles. One time I made a fire cracker with Dutch Passion's Think Different. I thought different alright. I spent the entire night thinking that if I fell asleep, I probably wouldn't wake up again. It was terrible. LMAO I kept praying to myself "No one has ever died from weed, no one has ever died from weed", over and over again.

Let's not get all petulant here ;). Post your extraction in your thread, or here if you want. They won't pull it unless you recommend doing it in front of a burning fireplace. Grandpa Tokin has a great thread just about QWET, and the medical threads are full of QWET tutorials.

And since we know they are sensitive about light builds (that seems to be a sore point), checking in advance of posting like Amy did is always a safe bet.

"let's not get all petulant here"

:rofl: LOL

Thanks SHed - Ive been thinking of checking out that work of GPT’s. We can’t get everclear here though. You have to be licensed herbal practitioner. Down the track I may get a small still (the loca camping shop sells em) and look at making some higher proof myself.

Yep edibles work really well with Keto. After a nice meal, if I eat an edible, it's a much deeper and fulfilling medication because of the high fat content.

Pretty sure it's not the brand that's restricted but the proof. That said, if I'm ever in Nevada or Arizona I will definitely check out the cheaper alternatives! Not sure I have a use for QWET but I'd like to give it a try once :).
:thanks:

I want to convert half of my blueberry to THC E-liquid. It will be nice to just vape my troubles away instead of inhaling combustible smoke so much. That's why I stopped smoking cigarettes after all.

it would require hazmat for usps and prob prohibited in ups and fedex.

Back
Top Bottom