InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Shhh...while flytie is snoozing, I want to mention that I updated my grow 2 pages and three hours ago. It's here:
InTheShed Grows Autos & Photos, Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time
Glad you did that! :D nice roots on the PX! :thumb:

Are your candidas a bit soft and droopy at the top sometimes? Just asking for comparison, not cause I see anything - although one looks maybe like it is... a bit similar to mine.

I went through rehab for alcohol back in 2005. Been sober since Aug. 26 2005.
Awaome PW! :thumb: great work, everyday:)
A small piece of foil and a pen. :slide:Headed out for a road trip and forgot the pipe. Worked great and very stealthy.

With right pen, it even has a shottie!
:roorrip:
You did one FIM and one topping! Hooray for science!! I’m very excited :D
:cheer:
case anyone missed the plant news from this morning, it's here:
Candida and cloninator update.
:D :thumb:

Morning gang! Congrats on starting a new thread flytie...slowly getting back into the swing of things here seems like an excellent way to start the new year. :welldone:

Thursday update time! Yes folks, I am growing plants :).

Let's start off with the Peyote Critical quadline on day 80. Hard to tell it's a quad anymore having spread the inner growth out into the gaps in the X to keep it level (at @Derbybud's suggestion :thanks:). Here is the top view:

And here is a slightly blurry side view (I must have been shivering from the cold):

I'm done pulling the sides down and will let the 4 mains go north.

But the star of today's show is Blue Treacle Auto 2 on day 84, which is when I took down BT1. There are so many white pistils that I haven't even checked the trichomes yet. I'm guessing at least 10-14 days but I'll take a closer look this weekend. The leaves are starting to go purple and I'm feeding now in the 900s. There's a bit of tip burn so I'll back it down to around 800 next time. This morning it got a gallon of:
½ tsp Pro-Tekt Si
5 ml cal-mag+
1¼ tsp Tiger Bloom
3 tbs Big Bloom
2 tsp Terpinator

And here are the pics. I shot these in the shade so the contrast was lower and then bumped the contrast so it wasn't so flat! I should have brought out the studio lighting!

I sprayed all the smaller plants with iso/water this morning because something has gone back to eating leaves. I didn't have time to mix up neem but I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Anyone else a fan of foxtails?

Looking great shed! That BT2 is gorgeous well done my friend !
Thanks Dutch! BT1 is still curing but I'll get one of my wife's famous smoke reports up in a week or two ;).
I am not a fan of fox tailing, but in most cases the results are the same potency. Also it can be genetic as well. Anyone with a better understanding might chime in. Cheers!
Foxtailing is either caused by genetics or stress (usually light or heat). I've had a few strains foxtail but I do like the look of foxtail buds. And it gives you more weight and trichomes in the end! Other than chilly weather I don't think any of my foxtailed plants have been stressed so I chalk it up to genetics.

I just sent ProMix an email on the topic of whether their product should be treated as soil or hydro when pH'ing our nutes.

There are charts on the web regarding the correct pH of the nutrient water we feed our plants, with soil being recommended around 6.5 and hydro or coco being around 5.8.

I have read discussions on whether ProMix HP should be considered soil or hydro when correcting the pH of our nutrient water. I thought I would just ask you!

I have been considering it soil and watering at 6.5, but others are closer to 6.0. What do you recommend?

I'll let you know what they say!

I think most strains will foxtail in some form if you can keep them blooming for long enough. Eventually, hormones will build to the point where the plant turns itself off and withers away.

But the nice thing about foxtails is that there's a very high proportion of trichs to leaf matter in them, and leaf matter doesn't get us high. :)

I personally love to break off a crystally crunchy foxtail and incinerate that puppy. :rollit:

But on most buds, it disturbs the aesthetic presentation.

On a side note, I rarely see buds that aren't my own, and the dispensary buds don't look anything like mine. They're all compacted and smooshed. So I can see why people would turn up their noses at a gorgeous foxtailed nugget.

I just sent ProMix an email on the topic of whether their product should be treated as soil or hydro when pH'ing our nutes.

Hey, I talked to one of their soil engineer guys a few years ago. :) I needed to know if a particular soil of theirs would work for HB.

The main thing I learned was that their peat comes from various bogs at various times of year, and they pH the lot with calcium (both calcitic and dolomitic) before they mix up their blends.

So I think all ProMix branded soils start as peat with limestone. It'll contain a calcium load already and it'll be difficult to change soil pH.

Looking forward to seeing what their response is since there’s a few of us treating it differently!

Hey, I talked to one of their soil engineer guys a few years ago. :) I needed to know if a particular soil of theirs would work for HB.

The main thing I learned was that their peat comes from various bogs at various times of year, and they pH the lot with calcium (both calcitic and dolomitic) before they mix up their blends.

So I think all ProMix branded soils start as peat with limestone. It'll contain a calcium load already and it'll be difficult to change soil pH.

Interesting stuff Graytail!

Are your candidas a bit soft and droopy at the top sometimes? Just asking for comparison, not cause I see anything - although one looks maybe like it is... a bit similar to mine.
I'm not seeing any droop in the Candidas though mine are shorter than yours as I recall. The lean that may look like droop is because these plants turn toward the sun within 10 minutes of getting them outside! And now that I look at them and newty's and P9's, I'm thinking I might have topped too high :rolleyes:. I'm going to have a lot of training to do and I'm really going to have to buy pipe cleaners now. No more getting away with whatever I had left over from when the kids were little!
Most fox tailing is beneficial in my opinion. It adds more calyx to the overall Bud.
And I think they look cool...win-win!

So are you thinking that pH of the nutes doesn't matter? Mine range (before correction) from 7.4 in veg to 6.6 in flower depending on which nutes they're getting.

The only problem would be if you needed to have the soil pH at a different value.

The soil pH is going to be whatever the calcium is metered for. I don't know what ProMix is ... maybe 7.2? 6.8? I don't have a meter and never check pH. If I remember correctly, Doc Bud's mineral blend fixes it at 7.2 when it's cooked.

If you had to, you could blend in straight peat to lower pH, or more limestone to raise it, but it'd have to cook-in for a few weeks.

The only problem would be if you needed to have the soil pH at a different value.

The soil pH is going to be whatever the calcium is metered for. I don't know what ProMix is ... maybe 7.2? 6.8? I don't have a meter and never check pH. If I remember correctly, Doc Bud's mineral blend fixes it at 7.2 when it's cooked.

If you had to, you could blend in straight peat to lower pH, or more limestone to raise it, but it'd have to cook-in for a few weeks.
Interesting! I'll slurry test some new HP this weekend and see where it sits.

Back
Top Bottom