InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks - you preempted a future question. My first stop will be chocolates I think. But gummies of somekind shortly after. I like the purple for gummies... but I’m sure I’ll be hard pressed finding sugar-free purple jello :hmmmm: I haven’t started my search yet for the sugar free options ... and I’ll have to check for all sort of other ingredients/additives in there too. I shall report back on my discoveries :Namaste:
Hi :hug:
You can just use food coloring in any jello. It only needs a drop or two :)

Thanks - you preempted a future question. My first stop will be chocolates I think. But gummies of somekind shortly after. I like the purple for gummies... but I’m sure I’ll be hard pressed finding sugar-free purple jello :hmmmm: I haven’t started my search yet for the sugar free options ... and I’ll have to check for all sort of other ingredients/additives in there too. I shall report back on my discoveries :Namaste:
There is a lot less volume in the sugar free packages (non-sugar is a lot sweeter by volume than sugar) so I don't know how that might change the recipes. You might want to check online about making your own jello from plain gelatin and whatever sugar substitute you prefer.

Here's one with honey (you didn't think I was going to leave you link-less!):
How To Make Healthy Homemade Jello - The Coconut Mama

Obviously this blows all gummy recipes to heck, so standard disclaimers apply!

I've had cuttings in there for 2 months that looked like the day I took them that never rooted. And now I have the first one ever that is yellowing in the cloninator. See below:

--------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday update is going to be kind of thin, as it was too chilly outside for plants this morning. I did move the big AK and Sour G outside just so they didn't spend the day under CFLs, but they have a lot of soil and rootmass for thermal insulation. The rest are in the shed.

Still...we can talk about the top of the Peyote Critical I took on November 17th (I started writing dates in this format for our members who might be confused on when 8/11 might be). It has some roots but is looking really yellow up top. I added veg nutes and cal-mag to the water but it hasn't improved. You think I can plant this yet?

Even though it doesn't have long roots it's got some bushy ones and I'm worried about the color.

Speaking of cuttings, here are the ones in ProMix HP planted a week ago Monday night. The domes on four of five are permanently tipped now, with only the original top of Candida no-tap needing more time closed up:

I'll do some de-doming tonight for 20 minutes at a time to see how they fare, and tip CD-1 and find out if it's okay with that. The greenery in the back of the cups are the cuttings I took this weekend sitting in water.

I hope to have more to show tomorrow, but we're expecting rain toward the end of the week.

So...plant or wait?

I'm not sure why your leaves are yellowing, when I was doing clones I free wheeled it. I did make a bubbler for doing clones and used Z7 for the water. Added in some calmag and Diamond Nectar I think, just to help with roots. I usually waited til the roots were more developed to take them out.

That being said, I just did an absolute experiment with 6 cuttings and only one lived. Less root development than you've got there and she's a goer now. Put her into a 5 gallon coco and she's doing great. Trying something different with the feedings but she's lovin it!

Nothing like making your own clones, free plants...

I was typing when you posted^^

You might want to check online about making your own jello from plain gelatin and whatever sugar substitute you prefer.

Thanks, that’s good advice. I shall investigate. :Namaste:

Oh - and I don’t substitute sugar really... unless you count the reduction of my sweet tooth a substitution... ;)

I'm not sure why your leaves are yellowing, when I was doing clones I free wheeled it. I did make a bubbler for doing clones and used Z7 for the water. Added in some calmag and Diamond Nectar I think, just to help with roots. I usually waited til the roots were more developed to take them out.
That being said, I just did an absolute experiment with 6 cuttings and only one lived. Less root development than you've got there and she's a goer now. Put her into a 5 gallon coco and she's doing great. Trying something different with the feedings but she's lovin it!
Nothing like making your own clones, free plants...
I was typing when you posted^^
I really want to put the cloninator to bed so I'll try foliar the rest of the week and plant it this weekend. I've got plenty of PC cuttings but this one still has symmetrical nodes.
#healthyclones Shed!
Thanks Crazy! I'm having some good luck with Dip'n Grow in ProMix. I hope it continues :).
Thanks, that’s good advice. I shall investigate. :Namaste:
Oh - and I don’t substitute sugar really... unless you count the reduction of my sweet tooth a substitution... ;)
Hmm...no sweet at all seems easier to do though I have no idea what they'd taste like. You could just replace all the Jello with an equivalent amount of plain gelatin, and for flavor use orange or cranberry or grape juice instead of the water. You'd probably still taste the weed oil but who knows! Worth a try?

That is maybe worth a try. I don’t mind the taste of the weed oil. I have it in my coffee, tea, and on my food.

I may also just save the gummy making for doing pressies for friends so I can make them the regular way ... I don’t mind poisoning them with sugar!! :rofl:

Hey, I like the way you're cloning with the solo cups, I'll call it yours. And I'm gonna copy that!
Thanks Agemon but I really got it from beez and just modified it a bit. He soaks his promix in clonex solution and uses cloning powder on the roots. I just use (and swear by) Dip'n Grow and use plain distilled water. He also has more time to take domes on and off all day since he's retired, so I leave them on longer than he does and start tipping/un-doming them after a week or so.

1548816846853.png
:thumb:Plant it,:Namaste:

Not sure if you're up to date on the two litre bottle method, but I'm needin' some. My wife stopped buyin those so I'm on to your solo up method. I see what you're doin there and I think I can make that work.

Humididome sweet Humididome

I would like to know the ratios you use for sugar free for future reference.

This weekend! :thumb:
Not sure if you're up to date on the two litre bottle method, but I'm needin' some. My wife stopped buyin those so I'm on to your solo up method. I see what you're doin there and I think I can make that work.
Humididome sweet Humididome
I don't know the 2 liter method but we never have those around. Clear and solid solo cups seems to be working for me, and one of my favorite tips (I think I saw Rider do it first) was the clear cup inside the solid cup to check the roots. Effing brilliant that is.

Domes have been off for 40 minutes so far and I'm not seeing droop, but after an hour I'll dome them up for the night. It's not a race :).
I would like to know the ratios you use for sugar free for future reference.
I'm sure @Amy Gardner will keep us updated as she goes!

Back
Top Bottom