InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Moving fast in here today buddy. Hope all is well:popcorn:

Moving even faster now lol

Have a good one buddy

Sorry shed

:lot-o-toke:
Alls looking good in mr.Sheds hood........ Lovely looking garden mr.Shed always a pleasure to visit... :snowboating:

Hey smeegol be by your thread soon brotha

To the high life !!

:passitleft::headbanger:

I switched to Boost 62% packs. Boveda 62's left my buds too wet, but their 58% packs weren't enough.
I believe you though I don't understand how that's possible. All my jars have Boveda 62s in them and they are all at 62% still after a year. How can Boost 62 and Boveda 62 create two different environments, unless your Boost 62s aren't keeping them at 62%?
They don't seem to suck the flavors & smells out of my jars like the Boveda's did either.
There was a discussion about this yesterday in SS's Low and Slow thread and the consensus was that they didn't suck the flavor and smell out of the buds, and I haven't found it to be true either. My 18 month old Blueberry still smells great in the jar with the original Boveda pack in it. Here is Boveda's take on the subject.
I don't use em at all anymore
Started seeing to much mold on older jars with them, and the rust color seemed much faster to set in with them
No mold on mine, but they all get sealed at 60-64% to begin with. I never use the packs to adjust the humidity in the jars. The Bovedas are just in there to prevent drift if the jar doesn't seal completely.
Moving fast in here today buddy. Hope all is well:popcorn:
All is well...thanks AW! Back in a bit with pics of the day.
Alls looking good in mr.Sheds hood........ Lovely looking garden mr.Shed always a pleasure to visit... :snowboating:
Thanks Smeegol! Glad you could stop by :).
Moving even faster now lol
Sorry shed
No worries Joe. This is the place to discuss growing and using cannabis :thumb:.

Bovedas are just in there to prevent drift if the jar doesn't seal completely.
:thumb: That’s what they’re made for! As you say :battingeyelashes:

One thing they will not do is bring humidity in the jar down - except maybe from the high 60s to the low 60s. They can help to rehydrate a little too.

These days, I don’t put bovesas in the jar until after the initial 3week cure. And even then, I only do it if I have to retrieve the hygrometer.

I don’t put bovesas in the jar until after the initial 3week cure
I hang dry for as long as possible, then put them in jars and get them down to 62% by putting the buds in a box with a mini-dehuey. Then I burp them for two weeks (and if the RH goes up, the jars go in with the dehuey), and then I seal them with the Boveda 62 for the cure.
Nah, I'm guessing thrips.
What? I don't think I'm the only outside grower with bugs here ;).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday update and happy first day of spring all! Tonight I'll be flipping the Candidas in the tent, so let's start with those. Remember how I topped nearly every stem on one of them weekend before last?

This is why I can't wait for the big three to get finished before I flip these, on day 112.

Here is where they are today because it was raining this morning. Of course, the sun is out now but the forecast is for volatility :) :

I pulled the big three out to water two of them (PC is still really heavy...2 gallons will do that apparantly!) so I grabbed some pics.

Peyote Critical:

Sour G, back to being a bush:

And AK-47, looking a little N deprived:

AK and Sour G got their first feeding of MegaCrop (5.8g/gallon) this morning along with 3/4tsp Armor Si. The silica only raised the TDS about by about 40 and the total without tap water was about 1000.

I forgot to mention I did some root coring on both of them this weekend using romex wire per @Derbybud's instructions. I didn't go all the way to the bottom. :thumb:

And finally, in @Amy Gardner's neck of the globe, there's a guy in a town in New South Wales called Woodenbong who is making an enormous wooden bong from a tree, as a tourist attraction:

Here is a link to the article:

The big three will get spinosad this weekend, and the Candidas will get another round of neem, since it will be too early for pistils.

I hope you're feeling sunny! Thanks for checking in. :ciao:

I know for me personally I didn't know how dry buds at 62% were until I got the Boost packets. And Shed made a very valid/good point too. The Boost and Boveda packs are to maintain the 62% once you dry them to that point. They are capable of raising or lowering the humidity a couple few points but not much more then that. BUT, that's what they're designed to do...maintain the humidity level.

But what I used to considerer dried buds were a whole lot more moist then what I consider dried buds now. Now I take buds from the low and slow of the fridge and put them into 1 gallon jars about 1/2 full. I put four Boost packets in with the buds and a hygrometer. I remove the lid as necessary to lower the RH till it's down to 62% and at that point transfer the buds (30 grams) into quart mason jars with one of the Boost packs to maintain the RH. I do it in the gallon jar to be more efficient.

The wooden bong of Woodenbong sounds cool. I noticed that there is also a big banana and a big pineapple as well. How big would they have to be before they become interesting enough to attract tourists lol. Hey Shed :ciao:
If I visit Australia, the two places I need to visit are Amy's house and Woodenbong. :)
I remove the lid as necessary to lower the RH till it's down to 62%
I know I harp on this, but for new growers I want to keep mentioning that burping your humidity down only works for those living in a climate where the humidity is lower than the RH in the jars. I rarely get to burp my jars down. They get damper when I burp them and then I need another way to lower the RH. Turn on the AC and burp them in the car, run my mini-dehuey in a box, or use rice balls in the jars (see my signature).
See if that coring doesn't help in about a week. In coco I can see a big difference in a few days.
Thanks Derby. That's just what I was hoping you'd say!
Nice update Shed :thumb:

Something I was wondering about when topping multiple times like that is if it reduces the size of the buds every time you top.
Dunno AW, we'll see I guess. If it stretches it probably won't matter. If it flowers on those little stems, then yeah. I don't think the act of topping lowers the size of the buds if your root system is good though.
The Sour G looks sweet from above Shed! They all do but that's gonna be my fav I think.
Thanks MrS. I know you like the Saugaview® shots so I'm glad you found a fave :).
I think PC is my fav! She’s a frost monster Shed well done! Your doing great and growing some bushes! Hope your doing well my friend
I need to stake that one up, as the outside lowers are leaning away from the lights now! Hoping it bulks up over time. Thanks for stopping by Dutch :).

Back
Top Bottom