InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Plants are looking the Powest of the Pow Pow Shed!
:slide:

Golden Tiger looking sweet.
Thanks Penny!
Man the sun really shows in them! Nothing like it.
They're going through 2 gallons in close to 48 hours! Been watering every other day.
That GT looks beautiful,and the FP's no slouch either !
At least they both still fit in the tent...for a little while longer
They just have to fit until the nights warm up...thanks carcass!
:thanks:
Absolutely beautiful
Thank you candycane!
Plants are looking the Powest of the Pow Pow Shed!
Very sweet of you to say Baron!
^^ Any idea what he means?
Plants look friggin' awesome Shed. Nice run you got going.
No, but I'm sure it's very sweet of him to say. Glad you like my plants MrS!

^^ Any idea what he means? :)

Plants look friggin' awesome Shed. Nice run you got going.
If you can't understand the language, you're not high enough!
:rofl:

Me too! Though I'm more Butt-Head than Beavis :).

----------------------------------------

How about a whatever-day-this-is update (okay it's already Wednesday)!

I took individual pics of the flowering plants in the tent so you can get an idea of their actual size (the tent is 2x4), but they live together with a lot of overlap at night. Here they are on flip day 31.

Golden Tiger, which is 36" tall and 36" wide:

And Fruit Punch, which is 30" tall and 32" wide:

I've had a string of pretty good weather lately, so they are getting about 7-8 hours of direct sunlight/day...well over the DLI for flower. In theory, I could have them in the dark for 17 hours a day!

In other news, I ordered a 6" exhaust fan for the tent (240 CFM) to replace my 4" fan (I think it was 100 CFM). I don't know how long Amazon is taking these days but it did say Saturday delivery so we'll see...

Stay well! :peace:

Lovely couple of ladies you have there Shed. :bravo:Nicely developing frosty buds for that stage so good genetics and to your credit, they look in salubrious order :nerd-with-glasses:; bottom leaves not yellowing and top leaves nice and green with just a hint of burn. Looks like you have things balanced nicely.

May I ask what you are currently feeding them? I am about a week ahead of you and I was at 6g/gal MC and .25g/gal BE but cut back to 5.5g/gal MC last watering because of signs of possible lockout. I have been following @Emilya's advice to be conservative with the Greenleaf line and so far it is working out well but the next 3-5 weeks will be the real challenge because now is about when I usually go askew with leaf yellowing. :( :oops: :rolleyes::p

Thanks Homer! Salubrious they are :).

I have them on 4.75g/gallon of MC, but I just started adding some silica lately to see if it helps against the powdery mildew they've been showing (Golden Tiger more than Fruit Punch). So they also get 4ml Armor Si (along with 4 ml cal-mag+ to balance the N-K ratio). I just finished making some LABs for the PM so I will probably stop the add-ons, work with the LABs foliar spray, and move them to 5g/gallon MC only.

I firmly do not believe that upping the P or K with additive boosts anything except the bottom line of Greenleaf Nutrients, so I don't.

Thanks Homer! Salubrious they are :).

I have them on 4.75g/gallon of MC, but I just started adding some silica lately to see if it helps against the powdery mildew they've been showing (Golden Tiger more than Fruit Punch). So they also get 4ml Armor Si (along with 4 ml cal-mag+ to balance the N-K ratio). I just finished making some LABs for the PM so I will probably stop the add-ons, work with the LABs foliar spray, and move them to 5g/gallon MC only.

I firmly do not believe that upping the P or K with additive boosts anything except the bottom line of Greenleaf Nutrients, so I don't.

I received a good-natured scolding for being at 6 g per gallon MC and it is starting to look as I suspected that it was deserving. :oops: In my defense when I was at six grams per gallon I thought with version 2 that I have that its maximum recommended dosage to be 6.5 g per gallon but I could be wrong?

Anyway, I’m glad to hear that because it confirms what I’m being told that less is indeed more with MC and that my leaf problem is probably lockout instead of deficiency so I might cut things back to 5 g per gallon myself.

With regards to the Bud Explosion, I ordered it almost a year ago so I have it already so I figured why not use it. I read about other plants and it isn’t just cannabis, all plants seem to like more nitrogen when they are young and more P and K later in life so there is some scientific validity to the argument. Who knows though maybe MC is a miracle mix, I really should run two clones to see if the additives help but the ones I took look like they aren’t going to make it from my P 98. :rofl:That’s fine I have my Gorilla Glue looking pretty healthy in my 10 gallon a little over a week old now.:)

I’m also tempted to add silica, from what I read it does give you sturdier branches because my plants tend to fall over which I can mitigate with a string tied around the whole plant and even stakes if necessary.

Also, I looked at your LABs link on @Amy Gardner's site which was quite interesting. The volume of information you can process is truly astounding.

If it’s a long explanation don’t feel obligated but I do not understand how you can balance N-K ratios with Cal-mag because wouldn’t that be balanced with phosphorus the third leg in the fertilizer stool?

The last thing you want is to put your third leg in is fertilizer stool!

I can't explain the N:K ratio but @farside05 can. I just know that it's not good to exceed it! Here is a detailed article about cannabis nutrients, which states:
"Fruit contains an abundance of potassium, and it is therefore essential to ensure a proper supply of potassium during generative periods. Yet regardless of how much potassium there is, if the ratio to nitrogen is too low, this can lead to a reduction in flower formation and plants with many vegetative parts (leaves and branches) and few generative parts (flowers and fruit)."

And in terms of pumping up GLN's profit margins, it states:
"An excess of phosphorus interacts negatively with the majority of micro-elements (Fe, Mn, Zn and Cu)."

I don't believe MC is a miracle mix in any way, and I don't think it grows better plants or bigger harvests than any other nute line applied correctly. I do think that it's simple, cheap, and much easier to sort out your plants with than working with multiple ingredients trying to get the best mix for the plant at any given time.

It also proves that giving the same ratio of N-P-K from early veg to harvest will produce great results without having to tailor it to each stage.

Hey Shed

Plants are all looking fantastic man.

I read you need to get some level of heat into your shed. I don't know how many extra degrees you're looking for, or how big your shed is, but what about one of these.

IMGP1418.JPG

It's known in modern times as a "flower pot heater". Have a search on you tube, but be sure to ignore all the stupid claims of heating your whole house with candle power.

I made this one a few years back for Mrs P as a novelty xmas present. She loves it, more than capable of keeping feet warmer under a desk for example.

I managed to get this one running on 4 night lights, all it does is store and radiate candle heat more efficiently, the amount of heat is surprising.

The kicker was when, during the Xmas day family phone call, I explained to my Grandmother what I had made. She replied "oh it's a clay hen, we used to have them when I was a girl".

Apparently back in the day they were used to keep the hens happy overnight in their roost. Then during the war people used them to keep the chill off, whilst sheltering from air raids in their Anderson shelters in the back garden.

As we all know, there's nothing new :)

:Namaste:

P.S Just realised there's a cable in the picture, it has nothing to with the heater

The last thing you want is to put your third leg in is fertilizer stool!

I can't explain the N:K ratio but @farside05 can. I just know that it's not good to exceed it! Here is a detailed article about cannabis nutrients, which states:
"Fruit contains an abundance of potassium, and it is therefore essential to ensure a proper supply of potassium during generative periods. Yet regardless of how much potassium there is, if the ratio to nitrogen is too low, this can lead to a reduction in flower formation and plants with many vegetative parts (leaves and branches) and few generative parts (flowers and fruit)."

And in terms of pumping up GLN's profit margins, it states:
"An excess of phosphorus interacts negatively with the majority of micro-elements (Fe, Mn, Zn and Cu)."

I don't believe MC is a miracle mix in any way, and I don't think it grows better plants or bigger harvests than any other nute line applied correctly. I do think that it's simple, cheap, and much easier to sort out your plants with than working with multiple ingredients trying to get the best mix for the plant at any given time.

It also proves that giving the same ratio of N-P-K from early veg to harvest will produce great results without having to tailor it to each stage.

Being simple and cheap myself I do concur with your analysis of MC’s advantages. I have just been dickering around with it because my plants are so yellow by the end but it’s looking more and more like the solution is just being very conservative with the MC and not bothering with additives.

And I agree it does give great results without having to tailor to each stage which might suffice for those reticent souls smart enough to leave well enough alone. :p ;)

How about a Thursday night update!

It was time to play split the clones this afternoon, so I thought I would walk through the process again for those who haven't seen it before.

I don't have a lot of room for cloning, so I usually put at least two cuttings in every solo cup (sometimes three), and once I've got a good root system on both cuttings, I take separate them and put them in separate solo cups. They stay there until the roots fill the cup again, and then they go into 1 gallons. I wait for them to dry out as it's much easier to get them apart that way.

Here are the Fruit Punch clones, taken on February 23rd:

I squeeze and tap and roll and wiggle the medium until I can get them completely separated without damaging any roots. Some folks cut theirs apart but I like a challenge:

Then I wet the roots down with a spray bottle of water, and sprinkle Mykos on them:

Then I put about an inch of fresh ProMix HP at the bottom of a clear solo cup with holes, lower the roots in, and fill the cup the rest of the way. Remember, when you're compacting the medium, let the plant go down as you push. Otherwise you will rip the roots off!

Here they are practicing plantular distancing (no leaves touching :) ) :

I also did the Golden Tiger clones. They all got completely saturated with 3g/gallon of MegaCrop, and they're back on the heat mat at night.

@Fastass419 posted a pic of a tall oscillating fan that he got, and it reminded me that I have one sitting unused in the garage. Tent upgrade!

And on the LABs front, mine is done:

I separated the liquid from the cheesy goop on top and put it in the fridge. The smell of the cheesy goop burned my throat as I tried to get it out of the jar, and it's hard to clean off. :feh:

I'll be testing the LABs as a PM spray tomorrow.

That's all I've got tonight. I hope you are surviving the lock-down with minimal side-effects (we're on two weeks tomorrow), and that you all remain healthy and happy!
:peace:

Thanks PD! I remember seeing those a long time ago (before my growing days) and completely forgot about them. They're supposed to work great (even without the cable ;)), but I could never in good conscience leave a candle burning unattended in a wooden shed overnight.
Mod one to have a lightbulb inside? It would be pretty cool. Maybe I'll try it.

I was going to heat my tent with a milk jug and an aquarium heater.
I think it would work well in a smaller tent.

Interesting idea...can anyone still get their hands on an incandescent bulb?
Zoo med makes an infrared mini heat lamp for reptiles. Would something like that work??

Back
Top Bottom