InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That might work. Still not sure it will heat up the shed at night. It gets into the low 50s in there now. So we're talking about a 10+º rise in ~650 cu ft of space.
Make a larger version?? Lol.

You could hire me to snuggle your plants. I'm at least as bright as a 40 watt light bulb. :battingeyelashes:

Yuppers! I agree with VG & Derby. Those little lamps can put off some heat. We used to keep one in our well pump house at the old ranch, to keep the well from freezing up every winter.
:thumb:

Depending on how extreme cold the weather got outside, it normally bumped our heat between 7-10° in a 4x4 space.

Highya Shed,

I'm proud of you for making the LAB! I just started my first batch for this year.

If you have room for a 55 gallon barrel, fill with water and passively heat all night. I've done this in a greenhouse.

VG - Great idea with electricity, instead of fire. You're funny. Happy Smokin'

Yes....and sourdough!!!
Gotta stay alive.. could eat weed but sourdough tastes better!

Hows the LAB working on your PM?? I need something one of my plants is showing signs this am FFS.

What is this Mykos you speak of? Lol
About incandescent lights. Look up heat lamps for chicken coops. We have a few different ones from 75 watts to 250 watts. They put out some heat.

Tractor Supply has em and the chickens too. I buy the reflectors for my seedling table and put LED bulb in there.

Hey shed

Didn't think about the unattended candle issue. I suppose they weren't so worried back in the day, or your rightly more worried about your shed and plants than they were about their chickens. :)

Mod one to have a lightbulb inside? It would be pretty cool. Maybe I'll try it.

What a great idea, sounds like a great project for during the lock down.

Interesting idea...can anyone still get their hands on an incandescent bulb?

As it happens yes :). I think there's a stash at my work, I'll see if a can liberate one or two. I'm going to need something to do over the Easter break.

Shame I won't actually need any heat for another 6 months.

:Namaste:

Ok, ITS, and all others who post here, here's my problem for today. I am trying to decarb and I cant seem to get to get my old gas stove to settle in around 225 or so..... it wants to jump from around 200-248 degees. What is a comfortable temperature range for decarb?

Look up heat lamps for chicken coops. We have a few different ones from 75 watts to 250 watts. They put out some heat.
Thanks Derby! And I'll PM you all the details on Mykos ;).
Depending on how extreme cold the weather got outside, it normally bumped our heat between 7-10° in a 4x4 space.
How about 10º in a 6x13 space when it's 52º?
Candida CD-1 Ready to make some S1 seeds.
:yahoo: I knew you had the sticktoitiveness!
If you have room for a 55 gallon barrel, fill with water and passively heat all night. I've done this in a greenhouse.
I don't have the room or the floor support for that! But great idea Bode. Thanks!
As you previously indicated, you may be interested in my Journal for this year’s grows.
I am, and I'm subbed!
Hows the LAB working on your PM??
Haven't tried it yet. I mixed some yesterday with tap water and realized the chloramine probably kills the bennies, so I'm going to mix it today with distilled.
I'm going to need something to do over the Easter break.
I'm going to be making QWET with my gifted Everclear from a friend in Texas... :thanks: P!

How about a Thursday night update!

It was time to play split the clones this afternoon, so I thought I would walk through the process again for those who haven't seen it before.

I don't have a lot of room for cloning, so I usually put at least two cuttings in every solo cup (sometimes three), and once I've got a good root system on both cuttings, I take separate them and put them in separate solo cups. They stay there until the roots fill the cup again, and then they go into 1 gallons. I wait for them to dry out as it's much easier to get them apart that way.

Here are the Fruit Punch clones, taken on February 23rd:

I squeeze and tap and roll and wiggle the medium until I can get them completely separated without damaging any roots. Some folks cut theirs apart but I like a challenge:

Then I wet the roots down with a spray bottle of water, and sprinkle Mykos on them:

Then I put about an inch of fresh ProMix HP at the bottom of a clear solo cup with holes, lower the roots in, and fill the cup the rest of the way. Remember, when you're compacting the medium, let the plant go down as you push. Otherwise you will rip the roots off!

Here they are practicing plantular distancing (no leaves touching :) ) :

I also did the Golden Tiger clones. They all got completely saturated with 3g/gallon of MegaCrop, and they're back on the heat mat at night.

@Fastass419 posted a pic of a tall oscillating fan that he got, and it reminded me that I have one sitting unused in the garage. Tent upgrade!

And on the LABs front, mine is done:

I separated the liquid from the cheesy goop on top and put it in the fridge. The smell of the cheesy goop burned my throat as I tried to get it out of the jar, and it's hard to clean off. :feh:

I'll be testing the LABs as a PM spray tomorrow.

That's all I've got tonight. I hope you are surviving the lock-down with minimal side-effects (we're on two weeks tomorrow), and that you all remain healthy and happy!
:peace:

Fingers crossed the labs works on the pm front as the potassium silicate isn't working very well at all now...

Back
Top Bottom