InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hope you feel better real soon Shed!
I'm still doing that today so I'm falling behind on my sub list.
Best thing for ya- old sports and a little chicken soup cures everything, I'm pretty sure. ;)

So sorry to hear you are under the weather Shed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :hug: :ciao:

Good to have ya back!
Hope you're feeling better soon brotha.
...Take Care Shed...get well soon...cheerz...h00k...
Glad to hear you’re resting up. Feel better soon Shed!
Hope you feel better real soon Shed!
Best thing for ya- old sports and a little chicken soup cures everything, I'm pretty sure.
So sorry to hear you are under the weather Shed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks all! I'm doing my damndest to convince myself this is nothing serious! If I lived in Minnesota it would be easier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And funnily enough, my wife cleared out the freezer and is making chicken soup as I type this. :thumb:

Highya ITS,

About the Lactobacillus serum - I spray a day in advance if possible to occupy the leaves while the botrytis spores are prevalent. Makes sense to me, and seems to work. But I use it in the fall during the rainy season and late flower season. Happy Smokin'

Highya ITS,
About the Lactobacillus serum - I spray a day in advance if possible to occupy the leaves while the botrytis spores are prevalent. Makes sense to me, and seems to work. But I use it in the fall during the rainy season and late flower season. Happy Smokin'
A day in advance of what? Your botrytis arrives on a schedule? I will be spraying the LABs for botrytis later in flower, but now I'm fighting PM. So far, not working with tap water.

I’ve been using Nuke ‘em as a preventative measure for about 5 months now, but purely by accident. I thought I ordered Z7, but hit the nuke em button instead. Whoops!

Figured I’d keep it and I spray with it twice a week. It’s also good all the way up to and including chop day, so that’s not a bad thing either.

Thanks all! I'm doing my damndest to convince myself this is nothing serious! If I lived in Minnesota it would be easier. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And funnily enough, my wife cleared out the freezer and is making chicken soup as I type this. :thumb:
As was talked about on your thread a little while back. If you got anything respiratory then I am a firm believer in Vitamin C. Apparently IV Vit C is super good, which I have never tried but others have spoken highly of it. But failing that if you can get Lypospheric Vitamin C by Livon Labs, which is taken orally that is supposed to allow an almost 100% take up by the body. I went to a talk by Dr Thomas Levy a few years ago on Vit C, he spoke highly of Lypospheric Vit C. My wife when she was breastfeeding got mastitis and on taking 4 or 5 sachets a day it cleared it up very quickly. A neighbor's son had got a bad infection in his leg that was deemed too far gone and he was booked in for amputation. His mother rang someone I know who then phoned Dr Levy directly in Chicago who said to take a whole box of 30 sachets, his mother only got him to take 15 sachets (1g per sachet of liposomal Vitamin C) and the next morning before his amputation the surgeon took a final look at his leg and was amazed at it's improvement and then choose not to do the amputation and his leg was saved. Anyway that's great if you can get it, but even Linus Pauling I think took several grams a day of plain Absorbic Acid, and he lived to 93 so a fairly good run. Anyway, I hope you are feeling much improved soon.:)

As was talked about on your thread a little while back. If you got anything respiratory then I am a firm believer in Vitamin C. Apparently IV Vit C is super good, which I have never tried but others have spoken highly of it. But failing that if you can get Lypospheric Vitamin C by Livon Labs, which is taken orally that is supposed to allow an almost 100% take up by the body. I went to a talk by Dr Thomas Levy a few years ago on Vit C, he spoke highly of Lypospheric Vit C. My wife when she was breastfeeding got mastitis and on taking 4 or 5 sachets a day it cleared it up very quickly. A neighbor's son had got a bad infection in his leg that was deemed too far gone and he was booked in for amputation. His mother rang someone I know who then phoned Dr Levy directly in Chicago who said to take a whole box of 30 sachets, his mother only got him to take 15 sachets (1g per sachet of liposomal Vitamin C) and the next morning before his amputation the surgeon took a final look at his leg and was amazed at it's improvement and then choose not to do the amputation and his leg was saved. Anyway that's great if you can get it, but even Linus Pauling I think took several grams a day of plain Absorbic Acid, and he lived to 93 so a fairly good run. Anyway, I hope you are feeling much improved soon.:)

I've been taking 2000mg timed-release per day for 40 years - good stuff! :thumb:

I'm 67 and I don't take any meds, and I don't get sick from colds or anything else. If I feel one coming on, I double my intake until it goes away.

Back before my dad forgot everything he believed in he was a big believer in vitamin C. I take 1000mg of calcium ascorbate from Freeda Vitamins in NY (it's easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid), and when I think I'm getting a cold I try to remember to take about 500mg every two hours or so. I have seen a video about corona and IV vitamin C but I haven't seen anything but anecdotal evidence, and who has access to IV vitamin C at home?

I haven't seen any info on liposomal Vitamin C, but I hope some lab somewhere it doing research on that as well. It would be nice if any and every possible solution was being tested against this thing.

A day in advance of what? Your botrytis arrives on a schedule? I will be spraying the LABs for botrytis later in flower, but now I'm fighting PM. So far, not working with tap water.
I'd get botrytis after the rain, so I tried to apply the day before the rain. A couple times it was only a few hrs, but dried on the biomass and stopped 70% of the budrot. I'm thinking Powdery Mildew is similar enough to be treated with the LAB also. Happy Smokin'

SweetSue used milk 50/50 (I think) and kept the PM at bay in her grow.

I've been laying around watching old sports on TV (that's people playing sporting games that occurred in the past, not old folks who take things in stride).
A nice calm game of bocce or golf wouldn't be so bad. I vote for the old folks in stride. And since you brought up Minnesota...curling. Put you straight into a boredom coma.

Back before my dad forgot everything he believed in he was a big believer in vitamin C. I take 1000mg of calcium ascorbate from Freeda Vitamins in NY (it's easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid), and when I think I'm getting a cold I try to remember to take about 500mg every two hours or so. I have seen a video about corona and IV vitamin C but I haven't seen anything but anecdotal evidence, and who has access to IV vitamin C at home?

I haven't seen any info on liposomal Vitamin C, but I hope some lab somewhere it doing research on that as well. It would be nice if any and every possible solution was being tested against this thing.
Dr Thomas Levy is one of world authorities on Vitamin C. He has wrote a book on it, "Curing the incurable: Vitamin C, infectious diseases and toxins". More recently a Professor Marik has developed a protocol for treating sepsis with Vitamin C and doing so much more effectively than anything else, Sepsis is a big killer. There are numerous clips on Youtube featuring these 2 people talking about it, and interviews available to read with these two by googling for it.

Here's a mention of Dr Levy I ripped off the internet
Thomas E. Levy, M.D., J.D., is a board-certified cardiologist and the author of “Optimal Nutrition for Optimal Health” (Keats Publ. 2001), “Stop America’s #1 Killer: Reversible Vitamin Deficiency Found to be Origin of ALL Coronary Heart Disease” (Livon Books, 2006, ISBN 0-9779529-0-2), “Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins” (Livon Books, 3rd edition, 2009, ISBN-10: 0977952029), “Hidden Epidemic” (MedFox Pub, 2017), plus three other ground-breaking medical books. He is one of the world’s leading vitamin C experts and frequently lectures to medical professionals all over the globe about the proper role of vitamin C and antioxidants in the treatment of a host of medical conditions and diseases.

I take Lypospheric Vitamin C, but I also have on hand a couple of bottles of buffered Vitamin C powder as being buffered it is easier on the stomach and doesn't have the same acidity of plain Ascorbic acid. I got this just for this current virus and wanted a backup if I can't get any more Lypospheric C. With buffered Vitamin C I prefer Sodium Ascorbate as opposed to Calcium Ascorbate. Calcium is often laid down in the coronary arteries and can be seen in an ultrasound. My understanding of Vitamin C, that the Calcium acts nicely to buffer out the acidity but it isn't really bioavailable in itself, so not wanting any risk to it layering my own arteries I prefer to use Sodium Ascorbate, yes it is Sodium but I don't consume masses of salt so I feel it is not likely to put me into excess. I still remember an audience member asking Dr Levy at the end of his presentation, 'so where should we get our Calcium from then?', and he replied to 'we should get it from the same place animals like cows and horses get theirs from - vegetables'.

Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin and a percentage is destroyed when taken orally I believe from stomach acids. Liposomal Vitamin C is where the Vitamin C is enclosed in a lipid layer that protects the Vitamin C inside from destruction in the stomach and that way almost all the liposomal Vitamin C ingested is made available to the body. Lypospheric is a brand name of Livon Labs for their version of Liposomal Vitamin C.

Sorry for this big dump of a post, I am no expert on it, and just trying to regurgitate some of the information that I was aware of. Any errors are mine!

I'd get botrytis after the rain, so I tried to apply the day before the rain. A couple times it was only a few hrs, but dried on the biomass and stopped 70% of the budrot. I'm thinking Powdery Mildew is similar enough to be treated with the LAB also. Happy Smokin'
Oic! My plants are never in the rain, but it does get pretty damp here in the summer, not to mention that most of my bud rot comes with the caterpillars. This year I'm going to use the BT or Spinosad spray more often and then add the LABs as they start to swell for whatever I've missed.
SweetSue used milk 50/50 (I think) and kept the PM at bay in her grow.
I tried the milk (not quite 50/50) and I had better results with that than with the LABs and tap water (chloramine). I'm going to give LABs/distilled a shot tomorrow if it's not raining. I may have to wipe a few down with Dr Bronner's first just to give the LABs a fighting chance.
A nice calm game of bocce of golf wouldn't be so bad. I vote for the old folks in stride. And since you brought up Minnesota...curling. Put you straight into a boredom coma.
LOL! I found curling a lot more energetic to watch than the American Corn Hole Championships. Would have been much more interesting if it had something to do with corn holes but it's just folks tossing beanbags at a piece of plywood.
Sorry for this big dump of a post, I am no expert on it, and just trying to regurgitate some of the information that I was aware of. Any errors are mine!
I'm sure he's good a what he does, but books will never replace peer reviewed studies for me.

When I was a kid my father was a big vitamin C advocate and apparently I found out years later Dr. Linus Pauling was the advocate behind it all but apparently the benefit of massive doses has been pretty much discredited but of course I take it when I am getting sick just in case, LOL.

"Over the next few years, Pauling upped his intake of vitamin C, eventually taking 18,000 mg per day. Vitamin C became his scientific obsession. In 1970, Pauling came out with his book Vitamin C and the Common Cold, where he encouraged Americans to consume 3,000 mg of vitamin C daily.Feb 27, 2015"

My unique father also got it into his head that brewers yeast was essential for some reason lost to the ages and I remember every morning as a kid being forced to take about six of those big damn pills that were anything but scrumptious.

Back
Top Bottom